(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2988 6 years ago

I’ve been a member of the club for a few days. What a great looking and playing game! Fortunately, mine generally works fine. I noticed, though, that machine seems to get confused with locked balls in the couch. The locked balls are not released in between balls or games. While balls often release one at a time to allow the next locked one in, the number of balls the machine thinks are locked is not consistent.

Sometimes, the first ball properly locked will trigger multiball if two others are already in there, though sometimes it will recognize it as ball one locked and release one to make room. One time, a locked ball triggered an endless ball search. The mechanism itself seems to work ok, and it functions fine in the switch test. Any idea what is going on? I’ve got the latest software installed. Thanks.

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

There's a setting for releasing ball locks between games. Make sure that is off. Also, sometimes, when you hit the garage, the 'mystery award' you get is an 'award lock', which is a virtual ball lock. Therefore, if you lock your first ball on the couch, then shoot the garage and get the 'award lock', the next time you shoot the couch, its gonna trigger your multiball even though you only have 2 balls up there. Or, in a similar scenario, it could make it seem like 2 balls are locked when you only have one ball up there. This confused me for a while and I thought something was broken. Could THAT be what's happening?

Thanks so much for this info. I’ll mess around with it some more, but am guessing that’s it. I need to start spending some time learning the rules and not just installing protectors!

#3016 6 years ago

Which LED kit do you guys think is the best—Comet, Cointaker, other? Is LED OCD with cheaper LEDs better than just going with non-ghosting and skipping the LED OCD? Thanks for your thoughts.

#3022 6 years ago

Thanks for all the helpful input re: LEDs.

One other question for WackyBrakke or anyone else who installed the Pinsound board: are you using it with upgraded speakers or does it improve things with the stock speakers? What would give the best bang for the buck?

1 month later
#3161 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Someone....GOTG potientially for your TSPP..c'maaaan. I'll even throw in a mouth kiss.

Dude, TSPP is great and all, but it isn’t going anywhere. Is GOTG that bad? Maybe worth it to give some code updates a chance?

#3187 6 years ago

How do you guys feel about the Gizmo for GI lighting/flashers along with the LED OCD board? I’m in the process of converting mine to LEDs with the Comet kit and would appreciate any thoughts.

#3189 6 years ago

I think it’s for the flashers.

#3192 6 years ago

Thanks for the clarification.

1 week later
#3238 6 years ago

Hi all. I am a recent TSPP owner and can use some help. The “Y” switch by the VUK under the mini playfield was not registering consistently so I tried to solder on a new one along with a new diode. It worked fine for a few tries and then nothing. The VUK pushes the ball up after ball search, but the switch just stopped registering entirely. Because I am a soldering noob, I tried it a second time with a new switch and diode but same thing: works for a minute or two and then dies. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks very much.

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is the diode oriented correctly?

I’m pretty sure it is. The gray side of the small plastic piece is pointed towards the lug spaced farthest from the others, just like the original switch. The metal contacts are soldered on the lugs at either end—just like the factory switch. I thought maybe there was a short somewhere, but adding electrical tape to exposed areas didn’t seem to help. Other ideas welcome!

#3250 6 years ago

Same here, though I also got the Gizmo board. The LED OCD (on standard settings) is great, but I really didn’t see any difference with the Gizmo added. Maybe TSPP just doesn’t need it, or maybe my eyes aren’t that sensitive. I’d suggest saving the $50.

#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That happened to mine the first time I replaced the Y switch and found out I made a cold solder joint. It worked fine after reheating it and securing the connection.

Thanks for the tip (and to the others that chimed in). I’ll try it again. Maybe the third time will be the charm. Is there an easy way to check the wiring (with a multimeter?) if the new solder job still doesn’t work?

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Looks right....rosin core is for electronics. Keep practicing....don't be afraid to hold the heat on a joint...have to make sure everything takes the solder.

I think that was my issue. The third try soldering the garage/treehouse ramp switch seems to have worked! It's kind of a pain keeping everything in place, but getting good contact initially and heating the hell out of everything before applying the solder did the trick. Any tips to keep the clamps/clips from sticking to the solder? Amazon sells a tungsten pick that they claim will not stick, but I haven't tried it.

2 months later
#3398 6 years ago

Do you have the same issue when the ball goes up the left ramp? If so, I agree it would be a bad switch under the upper playfield. Those “Y” switches fail pretty regularly, but you can get them for about $10 from Pinball Life or Marco. Order a few.

1 month later
#3502 5 years ago

I put the Flipper Fidelity kit in mine. It does improve the sound to some degree, but not a huge difference.

6 months later
#3803 5 years ago

Congrats on the game! Looks like you are missing a couple of posts and brackets. Should be easy enough to replace.

181541D0-7DF1-4DC7-A56B-9A6E18E5FC61 (resized).jpeg181541D0-7DF1-4DC7-A56B-9A6E18E5FC61 (resized).jpeg1DCECD88-3661-472A-98D9-435413E28E98 (resized).jpeg1DCECD88-3661-472A-98D9-435413E28E98 (resized).jpeg874129D3-B419-4356-B286-F98295C0D72D (resized).jpeg874129D3-B419-4356-B286-F98295C0D72D (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#4075 4 years ago

I highly recommend these protectors if you have side blades. Even the fragile ones will be fine with these things on there.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#4077 4 years ago

They are basically just pieces of plastic molded to fit over the sides of the cabinet when you need to protect the sides. They just slide in place and pull off when you’re done. I think they come from Pinball Universe in Germany and Pinball Life stocks them. The price is kind of ridiculous, but they do work well.

4 months later
#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust how tight the lockdown bar is? Mine is pretty loose, most of my games have two screws on the receiver that you can adjust but TSPP doesn't seem to have those.

I put a thicker piece of foam on the underside of the lockbar. Made it much tighter.

1 week later
#4344 4 years ago

Mine took some wiggling and extra force but eventually came off.

1 week later
#4372 4 years ago

Dupe.

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Re: garage door, that happened on mine a few times. A dab of hot glue has held it in place. Enjoy the game!

#4448 4 years ago

I got mine from Titan Pinball. They work well and are really easy to install (no need to remove flipper buttons).

2 weeks later
#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Anyone know where I can find a donut shooter rod?

Take a look at the one from Pinbossmods.com. The price is kind of ridiculous, but it does look cool and is well-made.

1 week later
#4513 4 years ago

And just make sure you face the chip the right way. The notches should match up.

#4517 4 years ago

A couple of those crappy “Y” switches went bad on mine. Those are flaky so you may want to have a couple of extras on hand. Otherwise, I’ve had no issues.

2 weeks later
#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yup. Joe knows about those. He didn't think he wanted to go there.
If anyone has these and can vouch for them, let me know.

I bought a few replacement plastics for my Sopranos from the guy in Russia. They were good quality. The color/resolution was not identical to the original, but it was pretty close.

1 month later
#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok I am so in when they do the sound sucks !! Voices are all garbled . Not sure if better speakers will help .

Better speakers (Flipper Fidelity) help some, but the sound still isn’t great.

4 months later
#4952 3 years ago

I ordered some plastics from “the Russian guy” a while back. They were good quality. No complaints. There are probably just mailing delays because of the plague.

1 month later
#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Guys!
Anyone know how to get the CBG "Worst pinball ever" Mob. Is it a decal?

https://backalleycreations.com/products/worst-pinball-ever-decal

6 months later
#5496 3 years ago

I just paired a Pinsound board with Flipper Fidelity speakers and a line out to a Polk sub. The setup sounds fantastic. The external sub makes an enormous difference.

4 months later
#5730 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Can anyone confirm for me - how is Homer's head supposed to be positioned? Is it supposed to be turned slightly to the left (aligned with the Moe's plastic basically) or should it be looking straight down the playfield. I recently took it off to clean it and now its aligned straight but I've seen a few videos where people have it at an angle.
I thought I put his head into a notch set by the mount but maybe I missed it?

This is how mine looks. Homer’s nose is facing the tip of the plastic in front of his face.

0DAAB2BC-0A94-417B-9216-C5541F987D04 (resized).jpeg0DAAB2BC-0A94-417B-9216-C5541F987D04 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#5785 2 years ago

The Scandell mix is great too. I have the original, Baptiste, and Scandell on one thumb drive and occasionally cycle between them with the volume knob on the headphone kit. These new packages give a whole new experience to the game. The Pinsound board with upgraded speakers also sounds fantastic—particularly with the new mixes.

1 month later
#5860 2 years ago

I was happy to see a TSPP on location in Ventura, CA during my travels today, but holy cow that thing was filthy! 75 percent of the lights were out. I couldn’t bring myself to play a game to see what nightmares lurk therein. So nice to see awesome pins on location, but so depressing to see them in such poor shape.

1C3F3DD8-02BD-4040-A886-B28DBD5A9AAF (resized).jpeg1C3F3DD8-02BD-4040-A886-B28DBD5A9AAF (resized).jpeg
#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from fattmatt1972:

That's a dirty girl.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wow that’s ugly, how is that even possible was it underwater maybe?

Hard to believe, but the Stern POTC next to it was even worse.

#5867 2 years ago

I’ll bet it would clean up nicely, but you’d need a truckload of rags and a few gallons of naptha. That shooter lane looked like a tar pit!

3 months later
#6121 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Doesn’t block the upper playfield at all on mine.

My 10 yr-old-son used to complain about the blocked view. If you’re taller than 4’10”, you should be fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.