(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 9 years ago

I took the TSPP video TVs to pagg. I have only a few left right now. Once these sell out, I'm hoping to make more soon. There are pictures, links to video, and pricing on this thread a few posts down:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pagg-2014-for-sale-thread/page/5#post-1661179

#362 9 years ago

Just so guys don't have to go to another link and scroll around to find it, here it is for this thread. The pic shows the current version with a purple bezel. The youtube video shows an early version with the edges painted purple and a black bezel. The video is very clear while viewing live. The scan lines are because the display and my camera don't "jive."

TSPP Video TV Cropped.jpgTSPP Video TV Cropped.jpg

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

It says plug and play no power tap needed. What does it hook up to and what turns it on and off?

All modern Stern games have an unused 3-pin plug on the right side of the cabinet over the service box that provides 12v and 5v. Here's a pic from DK Pinball's website showing it for his PIG-2:

Unused Plug.jpgUnused Plug.jpg

#366 9 years ago

I'm getting PM's asking about pricing. Sorry, I thought I provided it in this thread, but it was in the other thread I linked:

$129 + shipping (Priority in US is $5.61).

Send me a PM if you're interested, and I can give you my Paypal info.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

When is it on and when is it off? Is it on all the time the pin is on?

Yes, it powers on when the game is turned on, and it powers off when the game is turned off. The video is always playing the 15 minute loop.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just so guys don't have to go to another link and scroll around to find it, here it is for this thread. The pic shows the current version with a purple bezel. The youtube video shows an early version with the edges painted purple and a black bezel. The video is very clear while viewing live. The scan lines are because the display and my camera don't "jive."

» YouTube video

TSPP Video TV Cropped.jpg 14 KB

I have three left.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

You guys are going to love it...
Even my friends who could care less about pinball are amazed. I love that it's just Itchy & Scratchy which doesn't require audio since it's all visual. The TZ mod is equally impressive.

Thanks, Tony! Sunday morning bump. I have 2 left for TSPP. I have a few for the TZ, as well.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Installed the TV last night. Amazing. Besides losing the spacer for a good 30 minutes it was an easy install. The only thing I might change is to somehow angle it up slightly.
I also like how this mod is buried in this thread, it deserves it's own thread!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Installed TV when I got home today....looks great!!!...thanks...mark

Glad you guys are happy with it in person! I'm waiting payment on the last one, otherwise this first batch is sold out. I will probably start a new thread when I gauge interest in another run.

I have a few of the black TVs still available. Besides TZ, I have a one-hour video of the first movie ready for TAF, and a 20-minute video of WPT footage. I'd love to have a FG, Sopranos, TFTC, and/or SS owner make a request, as well

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Is there a step by step on how to install the TV mod?

PM me with your email, and I'll send them to you as either a Word Doc or PDF.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Interested if you have any more.

Sold out, but I'll be gauging interest for more soon. Email me at sparkypinball dot com, and I'll add names to a list of those interested.

1 week later
#400 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Hell, I'll take a beat up routed one for cheap. I'd love to have a machine to fix up that I look FORWARD to playing when I'm done.

I'd love to find a beat up routed one, too. Every time I look for any for sale, all I find are HUO or restored and modded for more than I'm hoping to pay. I know a lot of these were routed, but I can't seem to find any.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I know of one about 25 min. south of you. You can't have it, but you can surely play it! It's got a cool TV mod on it too.
Mike

LOL! I will certainly come play it, but I WANT MY OWN!

I heard those video tv's are pretty cool

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll try to post one tomorrow ....VERY cool mod!!!

That would be great! I only have the one video I posted here, but it's not in the game, and it's an early version that is painted differently.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...here's a video....couldn't play and hold the iPad at the same time, but you get the idea....mod looks like it belongs on the game ( image does NOT have lines running through it in person...just related to scan rate of iPad)
Hope this helps...mark
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting the video!

1 week later
#427 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

TV mod is awesome and a top mod for TSPP. Easy to install and adds a wow factor. Tried to fit it between Itchy and Scratchy but just a smidge too big, so on the spinner is best location. I hope manufacturers take note as it would be a great way to incorporate LCD into games.
Thanks for the quick delivery to the UK Sparky - great seller with super service. I'll take some pics as soon as I have sorted out my GI issue.

Glad you got it, and you're happy with it! I tried to make it fit between Itchy and Scratchy, as well, but I couldn't make it work. Another customer in this thread was going to try to move things around to get it to fit there, but I'm not sure if he's done it yet. I think the spinner is still a pretty good spot.

For those on the wait list, I should have the second run ready in July. I might even be able to bring them to CAEX.

If anyone who bought one feels confident they could get some decent quality video, that would be great! I'm hoping I'll have my website ready in July, as well, and I'd like to link to a video example on youtube. I don't own the game, otherwise I'd do it myself. Thanks!

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Mark, you're always welcome to come to my place and shoot some video. I might even let you drink and play pinball...
Mike

Quoted from Damon:

I could do it for you, I picked one up at pinagogo and LOVE it. it's the first thing people mention when they play it, if anyone is on the fence about buying one, do it, absolute no brainer. Also youre gonna have more tz ones in July as well right? Can I call dibs on one now?

Mike, I'll come over and drink and play pinball regardless! All I have is my phone to video, and I'm hoping for a little better quality.

Damon, I'm glad you're enjoying it! If you could get a good, steady video, that would be great! I have you on the list for a TZ, as well as another guy, but I don't think I'll be making more black ones other than those two.:

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Does this help re video sparky?
» YouTube video

Yep! That helps! Between this one and the one MK6PIN posted , that at least gives people a better idea what it looks like with the video playing.

I'm heading to papazit1963's tonight to try a few different cameras.

1 week later
#448 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Does this mod block the view of the CBG hurry up, Krusty 2x or the right loop arrow?

I don't own the game, so I can't confirm whether it blocks these inserts or not. On the games I've played with the mod installed, I was paying more attention to whether I could see the ball coming down the lane to the upper flipper or not, and it didn't seem to be a problem.

I've noticed some people have installed on the left screw hole of the Krusty spinner, which puts the TV directly over the lane. My installation instructions have the TV mounted on the right screw hole, as well as raised on a spacer. I would think that would provide a view of those inserts.

Can anyone who has the TV mounted on the right screw hole and raised on the spacer confirm?

Thanks!

By the way, I've been fulfilling orders for guys on the wait list, and I should have a bulk run ready within a week or so. I might even have a handful available at CAEX, but I won't have a table, so anyone interested will have to PM me.

1 week later
#462 9 years ago

I've fulfilled the orders for the guys on the wait list, and I have some more ready now if anyone is interested. I was going to wait until the website was ready, but that might still be a week or two. Anyone interested in the TSPP Video TV now, send a pm.

In addition to the TSPP Video TV, I'll be introducing a second line of video mods with the launch of the website, and they'll cover around 20 titles (Stern, WPC, and WPC95). Stay tuned...

Thanks!

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from Mauikiter:

A quick pic of the Video TV installed in my TSPP. Highly recommend this mod.

DSCF1724.jpeg 106 KB

Did you have to move Itchy? It looks like it's directly over the saucer hole. That doesn't interfere with the kickout? Looks great!

2 weeks later
#469 9 years ago

The TSPP Video TV has been selling well through this owner's thread, but I now have a website for ordering: www.sparkypinball.com

I'm also introducing Micro Display Mods (MDM's) for several Stern and WPC titles. The plastic bezels were screen-printed and cut by Charlie and his crew at Spooky. Check them out, as well

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

My TV on my Simpsons still isn't working - I don't have a DMM handy, but would fuse could I replace just to rule out the simple things.

Call Stern service dept (1800kickers). Even though you're not the original owner and the game is over 10 years old, they are always EXTREMELY helpful with troubleshooting problems.

#480 9 years ago

I started a dedicated thread for not only the TSPP Video TV, but the Micro Display Mods, as well. If you're a former customer and happy with the TV, I'd appreciate some love in that thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-micro-display-mods-and-tspp-video-tv

Also, if you're a podcast listener, I have an interview on the current Spooky Pinball Podcast that dropped today. Check it out:

http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

Thanks for all the support!

1 month later
#486 9 years ago

Although it's been quiet on this thread, TSPP Video TV is still the top seller over the last 5 1/2 weeks!

Top five sellers since launching the website ( www.sparkypinball.com ):

1. TSPP
2. Metallica
3. CFTBL
4. IM
5. Tron

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from rev:

Hi
Just pick mine monday,real glad to see that club,with all
The mods ,tricks and advise repair!!!!
If anyone have any problem with the tv dispay,it seem to be a common problem they owner said,stop working,i saw 4 greens leds in center once,so they led must work!!! Is seem to be a Ic ?? On the card ??
Help pleaae
Thanks

You're talking about the stock tv on the mini pf, correct? Just want to clarify. I had to read that twice before I realized you weren't talking about the video tv.

3 weeks later
#503 9 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Just installed my TV from sparkypinball.com Love it!
» YouTube video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sy4ibz8ozbcb1t/TSPP%20%20DMD%20install.pdf?dl=0
Here's a link to some instructions. The install was easy.

I've been sending out written instructions without pics because I don't own a TSPP. Sed6 was kind enough to take some install pics and add them to the instructions. I'll be sending these out from now on, and besides his dropbox link, I should have them on my website soon, as well.

Thanks for posting the video! Even though the flicker is still present from the camera, that's a great video!

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from eastthunderhead:

Just installed Sparky's TV. Awesome mod!

I used a star post to float the tv over the kick out hole.

Very cool!

3 months later
#563 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone here have the Sparky MDM mod? If so, can you provide input on the mod (like it, ease to install etc) and most importantly where did you download the video from to put on the card? I am on the fence with purchasing the MDM. If I purchase I would like to put Itchy & Scratchy video on it but was wondering where people got their video from. Also, how long is the video you put on?

PM sent.

I sent Mesz info regarding the video, but anyone else is welcome to chime in regarding his other questions about whether you like it or not, ease of install, etc.

BTW, I've put the TSPP and all the other MDM's out of stock on the website because of a tech problem on a handful of MDM's using the plastic bezel. This is a different size display than what the TSPP uses, and as far as I know, the TSPP TV hasn't had the same problem. If anyone is interested in the TSPP TV, let me know, and I can put them in stock as needed.

www.sparkypinball.com

1 month later
#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Oh. And while I was at it, I managed to swap out an LED for what I am going to guess is the least LED'd bulb on the table.
Ha ha. Got you. And I didn't have to pull the Moe ramp to do it. Some long fingers, some needlenose pliers, a little swearing, and some light pressure. Done.

I'm just curious how these GI sockets are installed from underneath. I know DE games stapled the sockets in place, making it near impossible to change bulbs from underneath. Is that how Stern did it with TSPP? It's been a while since I've owned games from this era (RCT, LOTR, T3).

1 week later
#703 9 years ago

I had placed the TSPP TV out of stock while I was working on a tech issue with the other style Micro Display Mods, but I have these back in stock now. They are available both at my website, as well as mezelmods.

http://sparkypinball.com/the-simpsons-pinball-party-mdm

TSPP TV Installed.jpgTSPP TV Installed.jpg

1 month later
#749 9 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Hey all. I got a DE Bart topper to put on my tspp but I don't want to drill any screws into the top f the back box. Got any ideas for how I can mount it fairly sturdy without doing any harm to the machine? I've considered mounting tap or putty but even with that concerned about damaging in some way. The cab is pristine.
Thx
Jack

Suspend it from the ceiling with fishing line.

1 month later
#821 8 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

... and thinking pretty hard about ColorDMD and the TV mod.

Just an FYI on the TV mod...I'll be filling any orders that come in by Wednesday night of this week, but I'm going on vacation until the week of June 29th, so inventory will be listed as "Out of Stock" on the website until I return.

3 weeks later
#859 8 years ago

I was in Europe for a few weeks, and I put the MDM's out of stock while I was away. Some people had emailed me about the TSPP TV availability. I'm back, and it's now available again on the website. The TSPP TV has been my best seller by a landslide! I'll be adding about 15 more titles sometime over the summer

http://sparkypinball.com/

Fattrain TSPP Installed.jpgFattrain TSPP Installed.jpg

Itchy Scratchy Install.jpgItchy Scratchy Install.jpg

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Hi all - does anyone know where I can get the duff beer can mod that I have seen in some people's pictures? It looks great - so far I have ordered the itchy and scratchy TV mod and sent off an email to sillyildelf re side decals. Colordmd is on its way and garage door mod will be next once back in stock - can't wait until there all put in!!!! Great ideas to all involved.

I think you can get the Duff can at mezel mods:

http://mezelmods.com/collections/simpsons-pinball-party

4 weeks later
#957 8 years ago
Quoted from service_unknown:

Cool. Learning as I go.
Thanks!

Don't be afraid to ask any questions about your game. Some pinball collectors might take for granted things that new collectors are just now discovering. You've found a great resource in this forum. Enjoy your new game!

3 weeks later
#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from Homer714:

Hello everyone! I have had my TSPP since Early 2004 bought it NIB. Have not done any mods and now that my son (8yrs old) is into it and we actually have a few dollars I want to do some mods. I have been trying to read and catch up on everything here great info!!
What mods do you guys recommend and what is still avail?

7. Other recommended mods?

Thanks everyone

http://sparkypinball.com/the-simpsons-pinball-party-mdm

TSPP TV Installed.jpgTSPP TV Installed.jpg

1 month later
#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I see your Itchy & Scratchy TV mod is above the I&S target. Mine is mounted to the Krusty spinner. I might like your placement better. Where does everyone else have theirs?

Those are the only two spots I've seen it. I believe the Scratchy (cat) has to be moved and repositioned if you want to put it by the I&S saucer.

4 months later
#1158 8 years ago

These have sold very well over the last year and a half (close to 150 sold!), but I only have three left, and I won't be making more. If you've been on the fence about getting one, or you just recently purchased your TSPP, now is the time! You can pm me with any questions. Buy from my website ( sparkypinball.com) or mezelmods.

Fattrain_TSPP_Installed_(resized).jpgFattrain_TSPP_Installed_(resized).jpg

#1161 8 years ago

Thanks all! The remaining three have sold.

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks all! The remaining three have sold.

Ooops! Spoke too soon. A customer accidentally ordered two. One still available.

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I just ordered one, maybe the last one?

Yep! Now they are officially sold out! Thanks!

1 month later
#1269 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I'm not for certain, but I would think it's the 0.1" (2.54mm):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=70

The crimp terminal needs to fit the connector, not the wire. Looks like you have two different size wires in that same connector, but all the crimps are going to be the same. I think 0.1" is going to be too small for that connector.

1 month later
#1303 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pretzel MB is like 20+ left orbit shots.
Anyone got a clean comic book guy figure that they'd sell? The plastic on mine is pretty stained.

Hmmm. I've been considering replacing him with a Sideshow Bob figure in an orange jumpsuit that's the same size. I just got the game about a month ago, and it's been sitting in the garage while finishing other projects. What's involved with taking Comic Book Guy off?

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Keep in mind too CBG sits above his Hurry Up/Skill Shot target so it might be confusing for some if you switch him for Sideshow Bob but that spot can fit any of the World of Springfield figures so go crazy.

TSPP rules confusing? Hah!

Thanks for the info on removal. I figured the mini pf had to be removed. Not a big deal, as it's getting removed anyway.

#1308 7 years ago

I sold out of the original TSPP TV a few months ago, and I had decided to stop making them, but requests just kept coming. I've been working with Joe Zenkus on "Version 2," which is a 3D print, and I think it turned out great! I sent three out to the first three guys on my wait-list, and they all approved

I've placed a bulk order to fulfill the rest of the wait-list, as well as have inventory to sell on Mezelmod's site, as well as my own. We'll be selling for $149. Rob Anthony (Borygard) will also have some available at shows, starting with the NW Pinball and Arcade show in Seattle in a few weeks. His pricing might be different.

I should be ready to fulfill the wait list by the end of May or beginning of June. If you'd like to be added to the wait-list, shoot me a pm or email me at sparkypinball @ yahoo.com

TSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_Install_1_(resized).jpg

TSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_Install_2_(resized).jpg

TSPP_V2_(resized).jpgTSPP_V2_(resized).jpg

#1309 7 years ago

The bottom pic with the video screen shot is a sample with the cable box painted purple. The top two pics have the correct cable box printed in purple with some control details.

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

yeah i'm still on the 4.0 ROMs too, haven't felt much need to upgrade... my I&S hole has only tried to eject without dropping the targets once that i've seen and i could care less about the randomness of the TV modes. maybe if i stumble upon a set of 5.0 ROMs but they're not really on my shopping list.

If you have ColorDMD, don't you need 5.0?

2 weeks later
#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Love mine as well!

Love mine, too! Especially with color-changing flipper buttons!

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, we all love our mods and some of us have pictures of our games with the mods.
But back on topic...

I could have sworn this was the TSPP Owners thread!

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Crater, those look good! One question, how would you say the color compare to the originals? The reproductions look like a little darker in the pictures but that may be the lightning.

It looks like they still have a protective film over it, so if they do, the color will brighten when the film is removed.

1 week later
#1392 7 years ago

The TSPP TV is available again as Version 2. Available at both sparkypinball.com and mezelmods.com. Ad is in the marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-tv-version-2#post-3198571

TSPP_TV_V2_3_(resized).JPGTSPP_TV_V2_3_(resized).JPG

#1400 7 years ago

Does anyone make plastic protectors aside from the slings? Is there a protector for the inlane plastics and the big blue one along the right side? My plastics are currently fine, and I was fortunate to receive an extra full set when I bought the game, but these seem to be hot commodity, and I'd hate to break what I currently have.

2 weeks later
#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I put the TV in my game and of course, it works perfectly, and I think it's pretty cool. The first time I got multiball after the install, the game rebooted. Obviously, with the TV and some other mods, the 5 volts must be low, and sure enough it was down to 4.65 volts at the roms on the cpu board. So I raise the voltage up to just a hair over 5, and no problems since.
So, my question is, am I stressing the power supply too much by doing this? Should I consider an auxiliary supply?

What other mods are you running? Are you running them all from the aux plug by the service box? I'm running ColorDMD, Flipper button light-up, speaker light up, and Flipper Fidelity enhanced backbox leds from the aux plug, but I'm running the tv from a DK Pinball power tap at the driver board.

#1479 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I have the Pinballbulbs LED kit, which includes light strips and extra spots, the dimming LED insert for the backbox, LEDOCD, and ColorDMD. Most are connected up front.

I would recommend you not run the tv on the same source as the dimming LED insert for the backbox. That has caused problems for the display on a couple of games (not TSPP, but still).

#1530 7 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

Thanks for the options. The dremel option seems reasonable but combined with my caffeine intake I may make things worse. I will just try and remove the post and replace. Is this the correct post part number : 530-5012-02

It might be many, many years before you need to replace that post sleeve. Seems like a lot of work just to have a screw head.

2 weeks later
#1618 7 years ago

I haven't seen anyone do anything with the double-spotlight at the mini-playfield exit, so with the help of Joe Zenkus and The Modfather, I'm introducing the Tree House Spotlight Cover!

It simply attaches with a cinch tie, which I provide. It's the perfect spot, as it installs directly over the tree house ramp entrance.

These are $49 through Mezelmods, or you can PM me directly.

I also have placed a Marketplace ad here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-tree-house-spotlight-cover

Spotlight_400_square_(resized).jpgSpotlight_400_square_(resized).jpg

Close_Up_400_(resized).jpgClose_Up_400_(resized).jpg

Player_View_400_(2)_(resized).jpgPlayer_View_400_(2)_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Kwik-e-Mart sign, tree house mod, Duff beer can mod, stickers for all the targets, cabinet protectors, new leg bolts, and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

I thought you got the TV, too. No?

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

The tv mod is on my list. I started getting a little flack about spending so much on the pinball machines. You must be making them stil Sparky?

Yes, the TV is also available at mezelmods. I thought I had sent you the tree house and the TV, but that was someone else in MN.

1 week later
#1828 7 years ago

Someone should do something like this for TSPP!

FB_IMG_1476369611172 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476369611172 (resized).jpg

#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

The treehouse ramp makes a pretty satisfying clunk when you drill it. What's happening when you hear this sound?

It's hitting the back corner of the game and dropping into the VUK hole.

1 month later
#2084 7 years ago

Two new owners and no TV in those pics!

20161016_143913 (resized).jpg20161016_143913 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

anybody know where you can purchase the pink doughnut shooter rod? Thanks in advance. -- Craig

Mezelmods, but currently sold out.

1 week later
#2205 7 years ago

IMG_20170114_071222_658 (resized).jpgIMG_20170114_071222_658 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I have a Duff Beer keychain for mine.

I have a Squishee for my keychain.

20170202_063550 (resized).png20170202_063550 (resized).png

#2239 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

The donut shooter rod from pinball_customs arrived. It took a little while as Brock had to make me one, but it was well worth the wait.

I have that shooter rod, too. I didn't know Brock made that style when I emailed him about a year ago asking if he could make one. He emailed back with a picture saying, "You mean like this?" I like it much better than the Grandpa head or Homer sitting in the donut.

1 week later
#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Beatnik-Filmstar This is my plastic set listed on eBay, if you have questions you can ask thru messages. Shipping for large part cost expensive because it's very fragile and very big. i need to pack it very well if somebody want to get it not in broken condition.

"From Russia with Love."

1 month later
#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Damn that thing has all the toys!

I see room for a few more.

#2348 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

...and how do I start multi ball? I knocked all three targets down at the itchy scratchy hole and the multi light was lit on the field. I then shot for the hole and made it, but no multi ball started. What am I missing here?

Quoted from Lermods:

I&S mb is started by knocking targets down three times, then hit the hole.

I need to check my settings. My I&S MB doesn't start until I hit the saucer twice. If I hit the saucer once, and one or two targets are still up, the targets stay down ready for the second saucer hit to start mb. If all targets are already down, I still need to hit the saucer twice.

Edit: my I&S mb settings were set to 2 saucer hits to start. Check your settings. Yours may be set at 2 or higher.

1 week later
#2407 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just joined the club. Learning the game at this point. I'm trying to figure fastest way to mystery spot. Great game!

Fastest way to Mystery Spot is to have the Otto setting at Extra Easy. This eliminates the need to hit the Otto stand-up target. Hit the Otto school bus lane 11 times to start. On the 10th shot, you'll know it's ready because Professor Frink will say something about the Mystery Spot.

#2419 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Have a question. When holding the left flipper. The game emits an error buzzing sound. Lately its been getting louder so im trying to find out whats causing it. Everyone things run perfect though

Are you talking about buzzing coming from the flipper mech when holding the flipper button, or an error sound coming from the speakers? If it's buzzing from the flipper mech, that's common Stern flipper buzz: The flipper plunger vibrating against the coil stop.

A handful of different fixes have been suggested in different threads. I think the consensus fix is filing the stop so the plunger is hitting a flat surface and tightening any loose play in the coil/stop.

1 week later
#2457 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I agree 100% on the game being difficult. I have had mine a little over a month and still can't manage to pass 7 million points, even with everything set to easy. Brutal game sometimes for sure.
On another note, what is the setting called that allows you to start an all new game in the middle of a current game? The way that I am setup now, pushing start during a game just adds more players.

Standard Adjustment #35: Game Re-Start. When set to yes, you have to complete the first ball before the game will re-start. Pressing start during ball 1 will add more players. When set to No, the start button does nothing after the first ball. Players can still be added during ball one.

3 weeks later
#2531 6 years ago

Version 2 of the treehouse spotlight cover is now available on Mezelmods' site for $59. I figured out a way to mount it with a 3D print treetop. Looks much more like the one from the show. TV's are also still available if you want to pick up both at the same time

https://mezelmods.com/collections/simpsons-pinball-party-pinball-mods

20170523_054750 (resized).jpg20170523_054750 (resized).jpg
20161016_143913 (resized).jpg20161016_143913 (resized).jpg

#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Is the tree top portion available for us v1 owners?

PM sent.

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Ooo can I get a pm too? Proud v1 owner too.

Sent.

2 weeks later
#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Why,why,why is this game so stingy when it comes to constellation balls?!?!? None of my other stern machines are like this!!!

Pepi: Tell me more! I want to know the constellations.
Homer: Well, there's Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan the Cowboy.

Screenshot_20170612-164812 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170612-164812 (resized).jpg

#2559 6 years ago

That's awesome! Thanks for the install details and pics!

2 weeks later
#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

So I just got the sparky Itchy and Scratchy TV mod, followed the instructing and installed it. How to i get the TV animation to trigger, it currently is blank. Is there something in the pinball machine setting I have to turn on so that the TV comes on? Any help would be appreciated. I hope is something I am doing wrong and its not the actual product.
Thank you

PM sent. I'm on vacation out of the U.S. until the end of July, but if my suggestions in the pm don't get it going, I'll send you another TV.

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just about to join the club! Does anyone have a tree house mod to sell though? I feel this one is a must have

The treehouses are available through Mezelmods, but they won't be available again until I return to the US after July 18th.

1 week later
#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Seriously... Sparky.... Make some more tv's and trees. Please.

They are made. I've been out of the US on vacation for three weeks, so we took them off-line. They should be back up this weekend after I return.

2 weeks later
#2685 6 years ago

I'm with ronaldvg... Never have too many thangs attached to a tspp. I mean.... It is an effing party.

Here's a few more that weren't mentioned:

The real Kang (or Kodos).
Sideshow and Krusty figures
Blinky and Mr. Burns figures
Pink captive ball
Various toppers

20170731_215254 (resized).png20170731_215254 (resized).png
20170731_215331 (resized).png20170731_215331 (resized).png
20170731_215401 (resized).png20170731_215401 (resized).png
20170731_215442 (resized).png20170731_215442 (resized).png
20170731_215516 (resized).png20170731_215516 (resized).png

#2693 6 years ago

+1 three eyed fish. Uh hum... This one?
Look at this on eBay ebay.com link

No, not that one. It's a keychain, but I removed the chain. In my pics above, Mr. Burns and Krusty are also keychains; makes for the perfect size. The topper pic also shows a Squishy being used as an actual keychain in the lock.

Look at this on eBay ebay.com link: itm

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Love this. Sparks, how do you attach them to the play field? What's the best method with figures?

I have a thin L bracket I use to attach the new version of the treehouse (I used to use it for the Micro Display Mods). It bends easily and can be cut to size, if needed. I usually put a small screw into the bottom of whatever I'm attaching.

2 weeks later
#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

sparky Are you making and selling that Apu mod shown in the pic you posted (post #2758)?

@pinballbjb. No, it's available as a keychain, but I just removed the keychain and added a mounting bracket.

Look at this on eBay ebay.com link: itm

I do sell the treehouse spotlight cover and I&S TV, though!

#2777 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would like to know more about these

PM sent.

Quoted from moonduckie78:

Hey sparky would it be possible for me to take the TV out of my Ghostbusters and put it in TSPP? Maybe by swapping the SD card (or rewriting it)?
Would I need a different power adapter board or something?

Yes, by swapping the micro sd card or replacing it. My harness is the same for TSPP, so you would just plug into the aux connector by the switch box. If you already have mods there, you would need a Y-splitter.

I could send you a new card. Might be the easiest. Would you need the TV model for TSPP to swap the display into?

#2791 6 years ago

May I ask. How did you attach this?

I had a very thin L bracket made a few years ago when I was selling a lot of the Micro Display Mods. I still use them for the mounting of the TSPP treehouse. However, I can bend and/or cut them to mount many other mods. For Blinky, the bracket was cut down, bent like an S, and a small screw was attached to his belly.

Photo_2017-08-18_06-51-55_AM (resized).pngPhoto_2017-08-18_06-51-55_AM (resized).png

#2820 6 years ago

Hey sparks, quick question, how are you attaching these toys? I glued Blinky to the nut but it doesn't survive a single game. Ruint the third ball of a high score round. Doh!

I have a bracket I screw the figures to, and I can cut and bend it. Check out my reply to you on the previous page. I took a couple pics of the bracket before cutting and bending. It's the same bracket used on the treehouse.

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you sell the brackets? I could use those

I never have, but I could. They're $4.50 each, plus shipping.

If I get a chance later, I'll try to get some pics of how I've used these brackets to mount different things in different games.

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I never have, but I could. They're $4.50 each, plus shipping.
If I get a chance later, I'll try to get some pics of how I've used these brackets to mount different things in different games.

Here's some pics of how I've used the bracket on different mods for KISS, MET, and TSPP. I will usually add some hot glue in addition to a screw attached to the figure. In almost all of the cases, the bracket is hidden from player's view and gives a "floating" effect to some of them.

20170820_121011 (resized).jpg20170820_121011 (resized).jpg

20170820_120936 (resized).jpg20170820_120936 (resized).jpg

20170820_120853 (resized).jpg20170820_120853 (resized).jpg

20170820_120815 (resized).jpg20170820_120815 (resized).jpg

20170820_120740 (resized).jpg20170820_120740 (resized).jpg

20170820_120703 (resized).jpg20170820_120703 (resized).jpg

20170820_120617 (resized).jpg20170820_120617 (resized).jpg

20170820_120536 (resized).jpg20170820_120536 (resized).jpg

20170820_120504 (resized).jpg20170820_120504 (resized).jpg

20170820_120421 (resized).jpg20170820_120421 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

You don't find it challenging to start all the modes and get to Alien Invasion?

I reached Alien Invasion for the first time a few weeks ago (have had the game for over a year). This is such a great wizard mode! I love how you have a certain amount of time to lock balls, and if you don't lock the required amount, it releases the ones that are already locked. As long as you keep the multiball going, you can continue to advance through the mode.

Mystery Spot and the random Treehouse awards/modes are pretty cool, too!

1 week later
#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I was gonna say... To this day our family watches every episode within a week or two of the air date and have watched through all the seasons more than once - and I've been watching since the Tracy Ullman Show. Even got scolded once for showing up at church in a Bart Simpson shirt as a high school kid. Still funny, still relevant. Older and smarter but hopefully we all are.
I'm curious to watch the video posted above but off the rails? No, really don't think so.

I haven't watched current episodes in over 10 years, but my family buys every DVD release, and we binge watch, so I'm caught up to season 17 (plus 20). We were sad to hear when they announced they were not releasing anymore DVDs, but then happy to hear season 18 comes out this Christmas!

I used to watch (and record) current episodes during the 90's, including the re-runs from previous seasons. Seasons 2 to 7 are the reason the show is my all-time favorite, but there are still a lot of gems sprinkled throughout the entire series. Usually there are several jokes/gags/one-liners in every episode I find smart enough for me to continue to enjoy.

I agree with the youtube guy that the shows were "better" early on, but he did a poor job with the examples he used and agree that he cherry-picked in a big way.

One more thing...my wife used to tell me before dinner parties, "No Simpsons references tonight," and I'd always reply, "D'oh!"

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't think so. What I was asking is not about the resolution as I am running a Colordmd as well. How do you set up the scores to look that way with regard to size of the text?

He has the high score initials set to 10 letters instead of three.

#3002 6 years ago

Wow. Never knew such a feature existed!

Once before going out to dinner, I started a game while my wife was getting ready. I was having a great game when she called out, "Let's go!" I opened the coindoor and paused the game the entire time I was gone to dinner. I continued the game when I got home a few hours later. Of course I had lost my mojo and didn't finish as well as I had hoped.

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

COol.. sounds like I'm on the right track... Help me out-- if I get the sparky TV mod, I could upload all of the itchy and scratchy episodes to it and they would just play?

PM sent.

1 month later
#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

FYI....I must of nudge the battery holder and caused a bad connection. I strapped tied the holder to the board thru the slots provided and sure enough...memory is back. Think I have a repair in my future though....

Wait...you're saying you lost all your default settings and scores (default scores showed up on the display), you replaced the batteries while the default scores were on, you poked around, and your old scores came back up?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#3394 6 years ago

I have had several Pinsiders message me asking about the lamp stand spot light cover I added to my shop yesterday. It's listed as "Coming soon." I hope to have these ready by the end of next week, or soon after that.

The TV and treehouse continue to sell well, and based on the messages on the lamp, these seem to be generating interest, as well. I'm worried that I won't have enough for initial orders. If you're interested, send me a PM, and I will contact you before I list them publicly in my shop or the websites.

Price is $39 plus shipping (US priority is usually a little over $7. Int First Class is around $15).

Photo_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).png

2 weeks later
#3401 6 years ago

The Lamp Stand Flasher Covers are now available. Pinside shops, sparkypinball.com, or mezelmods.com $39 + shipping.

20180227_182338 (resized).jpg20180227_182338 (resized).jpg

20180227_184906 (resized).jpg20180227_184906 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Simpson's tv is done! Application was easy took less than an hour. I'm happy

Turned out great! That's all cling? Did you wrap the side of the head, too?

#3442 6 years ago

I got this framed sailboat art on Amazon. You can get it without the frame, too, for about $8 + shipping.

20180405_074919 (resized).jpg20180405_074919 (resized).jpg

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

trying to find the treehouse mod, but lost it.....some help?

Quoted from Lermods:

Search for pinsider sparky, he has it. Mezel might have it too.

Yes, you can buy through my Pinside shop, my website (sparkypinball.com), or Mezelmods.com. Doesn't matter where you buy, it all ships from me

1 week later
#3462 6 years ago

Had this dream where I was playing my TSPP and noticed as I made the couch ramp that there was a true to the couch gag doorway with a Homer having smashed through it attached to the bracket above the ramps switch. I bet someone with a bit more imagination could actually make something like it, ah hem, Sparky. It looked pretty rad.

I'm not picturing what you mean

#3467 6 years ago

A doorway similar to this. That goes atop or in front of the couch ramp on the upper pf. Like the ball is homer getting rammed through the wall by Marge. I dunno. Seems stupid now that I think about it.

Just curious...what episode or season is this from? I know I've seen it before, but most of the time, Homer just opens and passes through the door when Marge comes up the driveway.

Simpsons Garage (resized).jpgSimpsons Garage (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I did it backwards, chip got really hot but no damage. Working ok now.

Can someone post a close-up pic of the correct way for posterity?

#3522 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the 6264 is plug and play in Harley Davidson 2nd Edition? I believe 2nd Ed was released just before TSPP.

#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It should be as data east games were plug and play.

It's Sega/Stern Whitestar, but I thought I read that some needed or recommended jumper changes.

#3527 5 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Theoretically if what's coming out is a 62256 there's a jumper block to change to a 6264. If it's replacing a 6264 RAM, then no jumper change.
That said, all games but Sharkey's Shootout only used the address space (capacity) of a 6264 I'm fairly sure people have been installing without the jumper change. If anyone wants to 100% confirm that, it'd be great
Here's the diagram I have on my website for Stern Whitestar board RAM location..
http://www.pinitech.com/product_images/ram_locations/ramloc_whitestar.jpg

Thank you!

2 months later
#3550 5 years ago

This club has been quiet for a while.

In collaboration with Joe Zenkus of Random Pinball, I just added the 4th TSPP mod to my shop, as well as available at mezelmods.com.

If you've been pleased with the TV, Treehouse, and Lampstand, you'll be very pleased with In Rod We Trust Flasher Dome Replacement (name the episode).

Comes with a green wedge flex led flasher.

$45 in my Pinside shop or Mezelmods.

20180807_134636 (resized).jpg20180807_134636 (resized).jpg20180810_124714 (resized).jpg20180810_124714 (resized).jpg
#3552 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That looks great!!
Oh and its from the episode C.E. D'oh one of my favorites.

The carbon rod is pictured in C.E. D'oh, but the "In Rod We Trust" reference is from 9 seasons previous.

#3554 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Really cool idea. Can you post a video of it in action?

Yes...Saturday morning.

#3556 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Really cool idea. Can you post a video of it in action?

Here you go.

2 weeks later
#3563 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

A little early, but I'm planning on doing a full shop of my Simpsons this winter.
What I have done already:
Full comet led, color dmd, led ocd, titan rubbers on topside, full cliffy set
What i want to do
-Full topside teardown, polish and clean most parts/metal.
-New plastic set (i have now ready to install)
-Inside Side art decals (where should I buy these? There is a russian on ebay? are these the same? as what most people have
-Any other suggestions? I love the mods for this game but I need to be selective as they can add up!

I am a little biased, but I have four mods in my Pinside Shop for TSPP. If you had to pick one, pick the TV with the Itchy and Scratchy video clips.

3 weeks later
#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone confirm that I have the latest and most recommended software installed.
Also, can the Sharp chip to the right of it be replaced with a NVRAM chip? It's in socket U212, and from what I've read, it should be able to just replace this Sharp chip.
I recall in my IJ Pinball Adventure, I actually had to solder an IC chip to the board.
Any input would be appreciated
[quoted image]

5.00 is the latest code. Yes, you can replace the sharp chip at U212 with a NVRAM chip. No soldering necessary.

#3633 5 years ago

The difference is that the DMD+ is a newer and more universal product that Rob Anthony created a few years after the other one. The newer one is also less expensive.

It's what I have in my TSPP, and I had the same Sharp 5164 as you. It works great, but make sure you don't install it upside down. The notch goes on the bottom, but the wording will be upside down. Many have reported it gets very hot when installed incorrectly and won't work when corrected.

The pic is the correct way.

20180919_063041 (resized).jpg20180919_063041 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

BTW does anyone have a video file for the TV mod they'd be willing to share? I'm pretty much just iPad and iPhone now so getting access to a Windows machine to create the file might be tough.

I sent you a message through Pinside Shops after you placed the order. I just sent another through Pinside Mail.

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This might be competition mode, turn it off in the settings and see if that fixes the issue.

I don't think it's competition mode (stand. adj. 43 and Allow player comp mode 48). Comp mode equalizes random game featues, and that's all. Also, you can only enter Comp mode by holding the left flipper before hitting start when adjustments above are both set to yes.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, weasel, and D, your games do the same thing? 4 players are always "Team" play? I have 2 other Stern machines. 1 a year newer, and 1 a year older, and neither of those machines do this. It's so annoying when 4 people want to play.[quoted image]

My game does this, too, but I gave up trying to figure out how to change it because I rarely play 4-player games. Looking through the adjustments, I can't find any way to change it.

Despite the annoyance of seeing two scores added together, the scores are still listed separately, so it doesn't really effect each player's score.

#3662 5 years ago

Below is a pic of Section 2, Ch. 1, page 5. No indication it can be changed.

20180929_121505 (resized).jpg20180929_121505 (resized).jpg
#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Found an answer if anyone else is curious. It's in the feature adjustments. "Hold couch locks" can be set to never, 1 player only, or always. "Always" will allow players to steal each others locks, and hold locks from game to game.

What feature number is this? The manual on ipdb.org doesn't list this, so I think that manual is an early version. I'm pretty sure the hard copy of my manual at home has this listed because I've changed this setting in the past. I'm just curious if I'm missing something while looking at the online version.

1 week later
#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My game is running the latest (guessing that is 5.00) and the setting is OFF.
I've changed it to 5 seconds so that I can actually enjoy the game a little.
LOTR is the same, but I've opted not to change it, and I've been very close to Valinor a couple of times.
But with TSPP, and I don't know if it's just my machine, but the drains can be brutal! Like right off the launch, off a standup, and SDTM!

If you're shooting for CBG on the skill shot and miss, and you don't hit any switches, let it drain. The ball will go back into the shooter lane and not register as being in play yet. I've plunged 3 or 4 times before trying to hit CBG without going to end of ball bonus.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

This is true, unless you hit an outlane instead of center drain. Outlanes instantly validate the playfield and will end the ball(with no ball save on).

Yes. Outlane switch, inlane switch, and I&S drop switches will all validate the playfield. However, I don't think a single sling hit will (Edit: and neither will a single pop, as mentioned by D-Gottlieb below).

On my game, if I miss the CBG skill shot, I usually miss high and hit the ramp post. The ball doesn't bounce hard enough off that post to reach the right outlane.

I used to launch for kwik-e-mart skill shot, but the ball would often bounce softly off the bullies stand-ups and drain sdtm. The playfield is validated, and maybe that's what Damien is doing.

I now find CBG safer (and worth more) by not validating and possibly getting a few chances at it.

Edited for switch validation correction per D-Gottlieb.

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

A single pop won't validate the playfield. As long as the plunger lane skill shot light is flashing, you can drain and the ball will be recovered.

Thanks for the clarification. I edited my post. I rarely only get a single pop when I miss, so I would always try to save the ball on anything but a sling hit.

1 week later
#3727 5 years ago

Did you scroll through the topic gallery?

1 month later
#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

Hi guys!
Looking for a drop targets set.Who's selling them? BAA an MAD don't seem to have them...

Marco has the individual drop targets. Or did you mean the entire assembly? Or just the decals? Marco only has the decals as part of the complete set.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5533-01

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5886-XX

1 week later
#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

sparky, possibly consider producing the lamp mod without the rod attachment. I spoke to someone on Reddit who ran into the same problem and liked it better too.

I'm always happy to help with any of my mods that might not fit or work correctly. The lamp stand is three pieces that snap together. If anyone likes it without the other pieces, the pieces can be taken apart. None of them are glued.

3 weeks later
#3868 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

I'm interested to know how you will deal with the speaker panel decal. I have mine waiting for installation. But I don't know how to do with the notch in the middle of the board.
Either to fill the notch with wood glue, or stick the decal over the hole.

The notch in the center top? Just cut it out with an X-acto knife after.

20181231_063656 (resized).jpg20181231_063656 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3894 5 years ago
Quoted from fabes23:

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but all of a sudden, my TSPP is randomly turning off and on, or resetting. Not sure what to look at. The scoreboard keeps going out, but all of the lights on the playfield stay on.
Video of the issue:
Where do I start to try to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

You can try re-seating your j16 connector on the driver board. Your 5v is probably low. Re-seating will clean the contacts.

2 months later
#4021 5 years ago

I'm gauging interest on a Monorail mod. This was created in collaboration with Joe Zenkus (toyotaboy), who does my 3D printing. This comes as three separate monorail cars, and they attach to the v track. Price is probably going to be $120 through either my Pinside shop or mezelmods. Right now I only have this prototype. Because of the cost and time they take to make, I'd like an idea of how many people might be initially interested.

IMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpg
#4023 5 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I could be wrong , but it looks like it blocks a lot of the play field ?

I played with it on quite a bit, and the DD Bart newton ball is partially hidden, but Bart shows exactly where that shot is. The right ramp is partially hidden, but Moe's sign and the rest of the ramp are clearly visible. Otto's shot and the garage are in full view. I understand this mod, or any mods, aren't for everyone, but TSPP is such a fun game to play around with the theme. I felt the v track and decal were so underwhelming.

2 months later
#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Sparky. Can you take a video of the monorail at different angles. Super cool mod and I agree that has been begging for something. I was even thinking of a smaller monorail that sits in front of the v rail.

My game is currently wrapped up and stored from taking it to GSPF last weekend, so I can't get video for a while. The monorail also sold out at the show, including the one I had on the game for display, so I'm in the process of making more.

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

A new mods tavern sign would be great.... maybe make it a flaming mods sign instead ? Or even a nice neon looking moe’s sign.
Bonus points if you make it as a small lcd screen that can show animation

Someone in this thread made a light up Moe's sign. Check the pics gallery.

Are you talking about a small lcd for the Moe's sign, or just in general? You know I sell the TV that plays Itchy and Scratchy video?

1 week later
#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

New member and cannot believe I've waited this long to give this title a chance!
I had a great chance to pick my choice of pins from a large collection and after I played Simpsons it was 1 of the 5 I bought ... I had to have it!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/245#post-5033603
It's got color DMD, speaker lights, perfect playfield, special armor, full LEDs, sparkly TV, side decal art, and flipper fidelity speakers
So far, I've waxed it and made some minor fixes and am having a great time playing it
What a game!
Here's some beauty shots[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good to see the original version of the tv mod is still working well!

I have a few other mods for TSPP now, if you're interested (treehouse to cover the double spot lamps, living room lampstand, In Rod We Trust flasher dome cover, and a monorail).

Photo_2018-08-10_01-16-50_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-08-10_01-16-50_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngIMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpg
#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The lamp looks awesome I should get one and the big flasher there really bothers me. Actually all the flashers bother me !
I’m a bit dubious about the monorail mod, it looks really good but I fear it might block the view on a wide portion of the upper playfield, which is why I suppose they put a thin ramp.

I understand the concern with the monorail. I had the game at GSPF with the monorail on, and had no complaints (were you at the show adol75 ?). The game had over 500 plays during the 3-day show. I sold out of the few monorails I brought to the show, and only have two left of the second batch. Not sure if any of those customers have installed yet, or not, but I haven't heard back from them, so that's a good sign so far.

- The garage and Otto's shot are visible over the monorail.
- The entrance to Moe's ramp is blocked, but Moe's sign and just above the entrance to the ramp are visible (it's very obvious where the entrance to the ramp is, in other words). I haven't had any problems hitting the ramp because of the monorail.
- The Daredevil Bart newton ball is blocked, but I never shoot for this on purpose. It's always a miss of the ramp or right orbit.
- The right orbit is completely visible.

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the advice, do you know of any instructions on how to replace a stop?
This is new to me
thanks

Coil stops are held by two allen screws. Find the right size allen wrench, and you should be good.

Make sure the coil stop is up tight against the coil before tightening down the screws, otherwise you might still get vibrations.

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Do they need to be replaced or retightened ?

Sometimes the stops are mushroomed, and that's why they vibrate.

1 week later
#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Also any suggestions on cabinet art? My game is in great shape except the cab and head art are super faded.

All of the minor characters on the cabinet appear faded, but that's the way they are supposed to be. I've never seen a cab with the Simpson family and logo faded. If yours is truly faded, post a pic. I think we'd all like to see what that looks like.

#4210 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If it truly is faded (which a lot of people think they are, but they are not), you can get decals from Pete at Retrorefurbs-
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-simpsons-pinball-party-cabinet-decals/

Those cab decals by retrofurbs have been "colored," correct?

3 weeks later
#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I bought my machine with the tv installed and I agree. I moved mine over to the right screw on top of the spinner and it improved the visibility greatly. Here's a 6' player view of it.[quoted image]

Over to the side like that is where the installation instructions recommend.

2 weeks later
#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Eww. Nuclear green or yellow would have more appeal.

Lots of examples of green, yellow, and red in the topic gallery.

1 month later
#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yikes ...so much trash on the playfield AND smear mode on the ColorDMD. My heart aches.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

1 month later
#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Revamped version of the rules flowchart. Added a box around each of the modes to make them easier to find, plus some other small tweaks.[quoted image]

This would make a nice framed print!

3 weeks later
#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone have a pulled Sparky I&S Tv Mod they want to sell ??
Please let me know

These are still available. Or are you just looking for a used one for less?

1 week later
#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Presuming the gate just behind the garage door is supposed to register when pushed, I think you’ve nailed it.
Thanks again for pointing this out. I’ll take a look next time I pull the upper playfield.
Totally unrelated question: Anyone know if there’s something specific that invokes the “Si señor” call out, or is it random? I haven’t been able to figure out a correlation.

I think I heard this call out last night when I hit the left ramp (treehouse ramp). It might be one of the random call outs when that ramp is counting up toward Treehouse of Horror. Maybe?

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I think it's one of the special callouts from combo-ing the left orbit first. That combo also gives you 2x the reward on the nuclear shot, treehouse, and kwik-e-mart.

It was a combo left orbit to ramp, so that's probably right.

3 months later
#4873 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

The cabinet art is different. It says "The Simpsons" instead of "Pinball Party"
Did you take any other pictures?

The characters are also different.

1 week later
#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hey Folks
Bought a used Treehouse Mod through the market
How does this mount to the game ?[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw and answered your email, but I was unsure what was missing based on your description. I can send you an L bracket. Reply to my email with your address, or send me a message through Pinside.

3 weeks later
#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Joined the club today! I'd let you know how it played if the kids would let me touch it! It was better than advertised (no wear on flipper buttons with Mylar protecting them), came with surprise side blades (which I installed poorly), OCD LEDs, and a cool itchy and scratchy cartoon mod. Gotta watch some tutorials because there is alot to do on this machine. Other than a little shooter lane wear and my bad side blade installation (removable), it's perfect![quoted image]

Looks great! That TV mod looks like the original version I started making about 5 years ago. Nice to see it's still going strong! I switched to a 3D print version about 3 years ago (I think), and they're still selling well!

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Dug into the issue based on the service bulliten. I have the old coil, but after reading more on the related posts, taking it apart and putting it together with a slight bend, it seems to be working fine.
Now that I have a working machine I can play again... AGHHHH... 1 shot away from Alien Invasion. I'll get you mini wizard mode.
I can't help myself and bought some replacement side blades (the glue on these is bad and they are literally taped up (and falling down/ripping)), a tree house mod, and some stickers for the targets.
Someday I'll replace you default high scores.[quoted image]

Your treehouse should arrive by Saturday.

3 weeks later
#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The Mr Burns on the left is really cool. I never saw it before.
Does it go on top of the flasher ? I'll definitely get one if yes, I'm not a big fan of flashers

The flasher dome is still there by the pops.

I sell an "In Rod We Trust" and a living room Lampstand for the two flasher domes along the left.

BTW, Tradingbill has a couple of my mods, but to be clear, that's not the monorail I sold a while back. We're still kicking around ideas to modify it and possibly bring it back. We keep getting emails about it.

1 week later
#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I’m all modded out and tired for now . Does anyone know where I can get a splitter for the sparky tv ? I have a topper that uses same power source
[quoted image]

I can send you one. Send me a PM with your real name, so I can match it with your order/address.

3 weeks later
#5079 3 years ago

I currently sell 4 TSPP mods, but they're not all listed on that link for my website. They should all be available in my Pinside Shop and Mezelmods (TV, Treehouse, In Rod We Trust, and Lampstand).

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Stay tuned and keep an eye out for my upcoming Pinsound TSPP custom sound mix thread!
I have been painstakingly extracting audio clips from the show and other sources to greatly improve the audio callouts of this game! Marge, Lisa, Milhouse, Lenny, Carl, Mr. Burns, Otto and more!! It's already sounding pretty damn fantastic if I do say so myself.
With 36 seasons of television...you better believe I will be able to recreate the custom callouts for this game as well! ("Shoot the Garage!", "Triple Jackpot!")

Wow! This sounds like quite the task! Good luck!

BTW...31 seasons, but who's counting?

1 month later
#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

I went a bit mod crazy the other day on my machine. My garage ramp was slightly broke. But it’s fixed now with the cliffy.
Topper
Cliffys
Treehouse
Comic Book Guy Shirt
Itchy Scratchy TV
Apron Cards
Target Decals
Shooter Plate
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No pic of the TV?

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Where did you get the shooter sticker?

Tilt Graphics makes those. They're more than a decal. They're laser etched and multi-layered.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/shooter-plates?page=3

2 months later
#5349 3 years ago
Quoted from SHBR20:

Also make sure you put the NVRAM chip in the correct direction. Take a look around post 5029 (Plus minus 10 posts) for some guidance. The group was great in helping me out there.

The pic SKORR_Arcades just posted is a good reference. You'll be installing it upside down. That seems to have confused some people in this thread in the past.

3 months later
1 month later
#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Are flashers always large? Seems like a large bulb

20210422_161443 (resized).jpg20210422_161443 (resized).jpg
#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image]

#89 and #906 are flashers. #44 and #555 are general illumination. #86 are not used in TSPP

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i will again. but i don't see anything there. i used a light to see thru the ramp into the v.u.k. someone else said curved metal could be the issue.

I had to find a sweet spot when leveling that corner. Too steep, or the wrong angle, and it would reject. I haven't had it happen in a long time since making some adjustments.

#5669 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

thanks for the info. do you mean, like leveling the game itself when you say that?

Yes, but maybe dropping that corner a hair.

If that doesn't work, you may want to adjust the VUK wireform slightly to see if that gives a cleaner path for the ball to shoot up. Of course, the mini pf would need to be moved out of the way (it doesn't need to be completely removed).

#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

thanks. i start by lowering the back legs. the game shows level in the levelers, but looks more tilted vs most other games i have.

I wouldn't lower both of the back levelors. Just the one in that corner slightly. Just enough that it's not visible to the naked eye. The game's level is for pitch, not left to right level. Your game should still be around 6% pitch.

There are other factors. A small piece of broken plastic or a washer or something in the saucer. The coil sleeve may need to be replaced. The VUK wireform may need to be adjusted. The levelling option is something you could try without moving the mini pf.

If you do remove the mini pf, you don't need to unplug any connectors or remove the flippers. There are three black nuts you can unscrew with your fingers. There is enough slack in the wiring to just move the pf on to a towel or something laid out a few inches away.

#5679 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There are 3 black nuts securing the upper playfield, not 2.

Edited. Thanks. I'm not standing in front of the game, and I forgot about the third.

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi everyone! Got my Simpsons recently and after rebuilding all 6 flipper mechs, the game plays like a dream and I love it.
One nagging issue though is after I rebuilt the mech under homers head, Ive found the head itself, and the base plate it rotates on spin too freely on the pivot shaft.
I see in the manual the shaft and plate are secured by a rubber ring and e clip, but from underneath? Im having a hard time figuring it out, and any help would be appreciated. Is the rubber ring on top supposed to keep the head firmly pressed against the plate? Mine rotates fine with the mech, but when pulled back with the spring it over rotates and Homer ends up looking off more at the side of the cabinet.
Certainly not a huge deal, but I thought Id ask if anyone is feeling especially charitable with their know-how.
What a great game.
**Nevermind! I figured it out! Managed to get the notch from the bracket in the neck. I am slow

Your game has 6 flippers?

#5693 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is a mech for the homer head

Yep, I knew what he was talking about.

1 month later
#5758 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I painted mine along with the couch, ramp switch holder, spinner, all hex post etc anything else that was satin black. Painted in a purple.
Done a few other mods whilst I was at it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have always hated that tan DD Bart base, as well, and I considered a decal at one point. I actually like the idea of having it powdercoated. Now to decide on a color.

#5760 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

oh duh, he poweder coated it

I think he did paint. It gave me the idea to powdercoat.

#5770 2 years ago

HUO versions of this game seem to have asking prices of $6-$7.5k. Its a big range.
What's it worth? Well depending on your local market and how nice the game is that's up to you. How patient are you? I think if someone listed a TSPP at above $7k no matter how nice they'd maybe take awhile to find a buyer at that price. [Edit - recent pinside archives shows I may be wrong on that]. Other variables include how many toys are on it (that you'd have to remove) and how hacked up it is. People love toys on this game and some people hack up the harness and do other bad things to add them. Or maybe you find value in the toys and don't mind the added price.
My personal opinion is the only modifications which add value in this game are Cliffys, LEDs with an LED OCD Board (otherwise the LEDs don't work correctly and the fading effects are missing) and a color DMD or pin2dmd. Everything else is just stuff on the game I wouldn't pay a premium for.
The market is hot and prices are crazy but if you pay attention you'll see some stuff starting to sit awhile. Many people (not buying) comment like "great price" and "this will go fast" but they aren't the ones opening their wallets and many games are sitting at the inflated prices.

I haven't seen any mods/toys that "hack up the harness." Can you give an example? Most I've seen have adapters or plug directly into the aux plug.

My game came with the backbox panel led lighting behind the translight (can't remember what it's called, but the towers on the translight glow different colors). The brackets for the fluorescent tube were modified to accommodate, but that's the only mod I can think of that may be considered a hack.

4 weeks later
#5828 2 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Fatter post sleeves? Order the Stern tapered sleeves from Titan Pinball. Work like a champ and like the OEM ones, help prevent airballs.

Just to avoid confusion, Stern tapered are the bell shape. Stern slim tapered are correct sleeves for those inlane posts.

#5830 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Hmm. Perhaps I'm not up-to-date but I just ordered the ones listed in the manual (page 68, G -- part 545-5308-00). Is there a different part number I should be looking at? My problem is solved but if there's something else I should be getting I'll order them on the next round.

The Stern Slim tapered are an after market silicone sleeve. They come in many different colors. It won't be listed in the manual.

#5845 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Just joined the club. Didn't even think to look at this machine (even when my kids who have watched every rerun on Disney + kept asking me about it!), but then I played it and it was really cool. So it's sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home from vacation, a really nice one at that.
No key posts in this owner's group. Anything glaring I need to know, check on, order spares, etc?
Thanks all!

The things that come up the most when this question is asked are the following:

- Protection at the I&S saucer (there was a clear one, but I don't know if that's still being sold).

- Protector under the garage ramp (this ramp can crack and sag because of a lack of support underneath).

- Couch weld (problems with ball locks on the couch; my game has never had this problem, so I've never checked the details, but a lot of owners in this group talk about the fix).

Those are the most common issues. The other issues that come up seem to be issues that are not really specific to TSPP regarding switches not registering, blown transistors, VUK power, etc.

For add-ons, ColorDMD is probably your first mod priority.

If you're converting to LED, the OCD board will get rid of the ghosting, which is bad in this game.

Pinsound has gained popularity recently because of a few guys who have put together some really cool sound packages.

Tons of mods for this game.

#5847 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Just joined. Freaking psyched. I now have the entire vast collection of Simpsons pinball games.
ALL TWO OF THEM.
[quoted image]
Springfield represent.

Now you just need Stern's Kooky Carnival!

20210731_125636 (resized).jpg20210731_125636 (resized).jpg20210731_125654 (resized).jpg20210731_125654 (resized).jpg
#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Do you have a pinsound too? Thats my issue

I don't have a Pinsound card, too. Is it suggesting the same spot? Are the connections not long enough to install somewhere else?

1 week later
#5876 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Hey all, we recently acquired a TSPP that is supposed to be a 1 owner HUO. I don't doubt that it is given the story.
I was wondering what the original code version was? I know that the game plays reset when the code is updated. I'm trying to figure out if the total plays are in fact accurate or if the game code has been updated in the past and reset the plays.
thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

What is the build date of the game? They re-ran TSPP for a few years after 2003. Build date should be on the back of the head.

1 month later
#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well, it's on the list, but since you can play normally (except that the display is not working)...
I'm suspecting a connectivity issue between the CPU board and the DMD controller

Stern support is usually pretty good about diagnosing problems. Doesn't matter if you're not the original owner. They'll help you.

3 weeks later
#6001 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Homer head is really tight. I thought mine was going to break. It did not. I put in a LED flasher.
The clip is probably to stop a ball trap. Mine has the clip also.

The clip being there to prevent a ball trap has been the general concensous over the years. I've never heard anyone come up with a better reason. Maybe early, early production games don't have it?

3 weeks later
#6066 2 years ago

I just added a new TSPP mod to my Pinside Shop.

Flaming Moe's Flasher Dome Cover. You can decide if you want it on the back-right corner dome or the dome over the right orbit. If you already have the Duff Can, it can go on either, as well.

Listed in the shop for $41 + shipping. This should be listed on Mezelmods' website soon, as well.

Happy Halloween!

Flaming Moe's Back Install (resized).jpgFlaming Moe's Back Install (resized).jpgFlaming Moe's Front Install (resized).jpgFlaming Moe's Front Install (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6077 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

If you are into adding toys, sky's the limit. It's sacrilege here, but personally... I have not seen any toy add-ons that I like.
Color DMD or Pin2DMD is always nice.
I find this game has terrible glare from the backbox so I am hoping to get some nonreflective glass on a Black Friday sale. I also want to replace the fluorescent with a warm white LED source.
NVRAM is a great idea for this game since it is easy to install, and the game has no features that need clock/calendar to be set.
Protectors on the I&S hole and the hidden garage ramp are a good idea. Unfortunately I think the I&S protector is no longer available. (Can anyone in the club post a picture of what it looks like installed?)
Inspect all the flippers and if the couch ramp flipper is weak be ready to replace the coil stop and sleeve... if you have problems making the ramp, make sure the ramp flap is not too tight or too loose, and wax the plastic.
Welcome to the club!

Ouch!

#6088 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow waaay too much is blocked. Too bad Bc it looks cool. Thanks
So far those duff beer can looks to be a must but. Love that thing. I saw someone else has a duff man toy so that must be something they added Bc it doesn’t appear on stock. Interesting that comic book guy is on stock machines off all characters

Those who look at the pics say it blocks too much. Those who have installed it/seen it says it doesn't. I can see the garage door, Otto shot, ramp, and right orbit. The DD Bart Newton ball is blocked, but who aims for that?

1 month later
1 week later
#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m going to put some cotton balls on my smoke stacks tomorrow. Are you supposed to pinch the cotton between the rubber and smoke stack or do people glue them on?

I just pinched mine between rubber and smoke stack, and then spread it out to hide the rubber and top of post. I also pulled them in one direction to look like the wind was blowing them the same way.

1 month later
#6360 2 years ago

Just a PSA regarding the Itchy & Scratchy TV Mod...

I've been getting a lot of messages and emails asking if I'm going to keep making these.

The short answer is yes. The long answer is below.

I've been using the same display for the last 7 years, but these displays have become "unavailable." They haven't been discontinued, just difficult to get. I've been waiting for an order from my supplier since August, and the backorder kept moving the date from Nov to Dec to April to June. I've been trying some different displays that seem a little more accessible, at least for now, and I think I found one that will work. Because the display is slightly different in size and mounts and receives power a little differently, I've had to have the TV model re-designed. We are currently working on and tweaking that model now. Once I have a prototype of this new model, I will need to test it in the game for fit, ease of installation, and function.

I'm hoping to have these available within the next few months.

If you have been checking my Pinside Shops or Mezel Mods for these to be back in stock, please send me a DM in Pinside with the subject line "I want a TSPP TV." This also applies to the Wood Grain TV Mod for other games. If you're interested in one of those, as well or instead, send the subject line "I want a Wood Grain TV."

This can help me plan inventory before I actually put it back in stock on Mezelmods.

Sorry for the delay.

2 weeks later
#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from JB2005:

Just bought my first pin, had to get TSPP. Is the treehouse of horror mode random? First treehouse of horror mode is always 10% nuclear value, second is always nuclear disaster. Are they random, or always supposed to be in the same order?

Mine have always been random.

1 week later
#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

My other post didnt get any answers maybe it was too long. Try again in pieces:
- what is the normal operation of the plunger when:
Plunging full power by hand
Plunging with autoplunger
Does the bal travel through yhe mini market at full power?
My auto plunger is inconsistent, and manual plunge at full power hit the white target in front (big square) of the mini market.
I presume that by design the ball must travel through the mini market? Or not?

I think a full plunge and auto-plunge are going to act differently on different games. I've never thought there was an exact place it was supposed to go. Making it through the market and hitting the bullies is one of the skill shots, so I don't think that's what's supposed to happen on a full plunge. However, I think you get a bigger score for soft plunging to Comic Book Guy's target. I like to try that one because if I miss, I can usually let the ball drain and keep trying, as long as I don't kill the ball save with the in-lane or pop switches.

By the way, I'm the one who makes and sells the mini TV that was mentioned. These have been out of stock since August while we re-configure the model to fit a new style display. I hope to have these available by the end of April.

As mbl1116 mentioned, depending on why you want to remove the mini pf, you can leave it connected to the harnesses and set on a towel or something on the pf while you change lamps, ramp protector, etc. Mine has enough slack to leave connected, so someone in the past must have cut the zipties mentioned. If you want to remove completely, you'll need to disconnect, but it's kind of a pain. I can't remember why I removed completely at some point, but I did. I've had the game for a while, so I don't remember the details.

#6452 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I read this thread and also the pinwiki page when this is mention.
I like permanent solutions rather than clipping on potentiometers that can come lose and else.
It looks like I have the correct resistors installed (as per pinwiki) so I presume thet noise in this game is normal?
I want to achieve a 100% quiet game. I think I will get there once it is changed over to led and Pin2dmd, Although the dmd is very quiet for now.
Another thing, are there any mods that will help reduce glare on the glass? The backbox makes the game unplayable so I disconnected it.
I wish there was a “dim down” option when Starting a game

There are a few different companies who sell different versions of anti-reflective glass. I don't own any because they're expensive, but I've seen and played on games that have had them installed, and they work great.

3 weeks later
#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I searched but i cant seem to find the sisters anywhere, were they left off the playfield?

Not on the playfield, plastics, cab art, or translite, unless I'm just not spotting them, too.

2 months later
#6638 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Plugging my recent Simpsons game where I got over a BILLION (warning: possible game spoilers!)
Such a fun game

Shut up everybody! We got a player here!

2 weeks later
#6665 1 year ago

Eight years of selling the TSPP TV Mod. In case anybody missed it, these are back in stock. My Pinside Shop or Mezelmods.

1 week later
#6672 1 year ago
Quoted from Fez:

My drop targets aren’t coming back up. I looked and don’t see anything that is obviously wrong with them. I reset them the other day and it worked for probably 15-20 games but stopped working again. The machine is at my in-laws house so I’m only here every now and then.

If my only access to a TSPP were at my in-laws' house, I'd visit them a lot more! Luckily I have one!

Seriously, soulds like the switch is intermittent.

7 months later
#6935 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

NVRAM is plug and play on this game.

Yes, NVRAM rather than remote battery holder. No soldering or desoldering involved, and you'll never need to change batteries again.

1 week later
#6953 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Just picked up my tspp, can anyone tell me if I have the newest roms? And if not where to get them?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Newest version is A5.0. As mentioned above, when you power your game on, it will tell you what version you're running. If it's not A5.0, you only need to replace the rom under the battery holder and the display rom on the back of the display. Your sound roms are correct, except one of them doesn't have the label on it. Since the others are correct, that one probably is, too, but cover that tiny window with at least a blank label.

If you don't have a way to burn your own roms, you can get A5.0 and Disply roms from here:

https://www.pinballrom.com/product-page/simpson-s-pinball-party-cpu-display

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

It says A5 on boot up. I should be up to date then?

Yes

1 month later
#7005 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Any lurkers looking to get back into the TSPP game? Reluctantly letting go of this beauty...

Beautiful game. Good luck with your sale!

Just so there's no confusion, the treehouse mentioned in your description is not a Mezelmod product. It's my product that I sell through them.

5 months later
#7138 5 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Joining the club soon! Gonna mod this one out heavily. What’s your favorite mods…besides the nuclear rails and color DMD.

I'm partial to the Itchy & Scratchy TV

3 weeks later
#7190 4 months ago

If anyone would like a TSPP TV before Christmas, you may want to order in the next week, or so. Things get busy this time of year

Link to the listing in my Pinside Shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1132-sparky-pinball/01506-tspp-video-display-tv

Link to the listing on Mezelmods: https://mezelmods.com/collections/simpsons-pinball-party-pinball-mods/products/simpsons-pinball-party-tv-video-display-mod-mdm

Video below:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.