(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottslash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#256 10 years ago

Count me in the club! Just picked up my TSPP. Solid buy and VERY clean. Love this game!

1 month later
#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

But it's called Treehouse of Horror, yet there's nothing Treehouse of Horror about any of the modes.

True. Good point, Kingoftron, but I think I'll still have to give it an A+++. Those modes ARE cool. You found the ONE THING that's not a perfect meld of theme, gameplay, etc.

1 week later
#275 10 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

I had nuclear disaster going during a multiball CERTAIN I would finally finish it... was getting close and some evil curse drained everything with 2 hits remaining to finish AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

I KNOW! Been able to finish almost everything -- not in the same game of course. But for some reason, Nuclear Disaster keeps escaping me!!! ARRGGHHH indeed!

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Mine also does that at the qwik-e mart on fast shots Not always, but it does happen.

Ditto here.

#302 10 years ago

Ball's flyin' 100 mph. Crazy what can happen! My ramps under the upper playfield are fine. But I've shot into the treehouse and had the ball come out the garage! AND shot into the garage and had the ball come out of the treehouse! Really! PLUS, the garage has essentially a "moat" in it. A shot into the garage can sometimes fall into the moat and feed to the RIGHT upper flipper even. It's crazy what can happen under that upper playfield! Love it!

2 months later
#418 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

I'm regrettably selling my TSPP. It's not HUO. It was routed, but restored and cabinet redone correctly. Really nice condition actually.

$4000 is my break even. Seriously. Pics upon request.

All new flippers and mechs
New cabinet art
full LEDs
rebuilt pops
tear down and rebuild
under cab lighting
back box led conversion

Lexington, KY

Great price. GLWS.

6 months later
#554 9 years ago

Finally!!! After a year of heavy play, I finally FINISHED Alien Invasion! 5 balls locked. All other mini-wizard modes I've completed multiple times -- never in same game -- but this is the first time to finish Alien Invasion!! Woo hoo!!

5 months later
#827 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If it was working fine before and now it isn't, you may have dislodged something while you were working on the game. I would carefully check all the wires underneath the playfield to see if something has broken loose and is causing a short.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Pain in the ass, yes. But the new LED's are not the problem. Something you shifted or bumped or twisted is.

1 week later
#854 8 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Anyone else have this insta-drain phenomenon when plunging:
1.) you pull the plunger 100% back &
2.) the ball hits one of the outlane posts (factory location) on the way out of the plunge and
3.) ball goes straight down the outlane instead of shooting onto the playfield?

I'm wondering if that's an adjustment that can even be made to the plunger? (NOT interested in moving the outlane posts)

Wasn't sure if I was the only one who encountered this "issue"

Even at 100% back (which I almost never do) my ball does not do as you described. It goes screaming up into the Left Ramp / Kwik-E-Mart area. You have a guide rail bent or something?

IMG_2855.JPGIMG_2855.JPG
2 weeks later
#865 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's my first/best thing to do, LEDs or Color DMD?

Congrats on the find. Tough question.

I've done both. The ColorDMD is cool and a nice addition for sure. But the LED's *changed* the game more dramatically. (I went with a kit from pinballbulbs.com btw.) It's now easier to play in a darkened room, my wife likes the game much better, and it's a whole different experience.

For that reason, I'd say go with the ColorDMD first. Get to know the machine and get used to it. *Then* switch to LED's for a whole new experience. That's what I did, and I'm loving the machine all over again.

1 week later
#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I think he was half way through it before he even realized that the flippers were reversed.

Hahaha you're probably right!

1 week later
#918 8 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I've had this game for over a year now and I'm still completely blown away by how amazing it is.

Yup. So much depth. Here's a great love-thread you might enjoy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-is-the-best

1 week later
#946 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

LOTR and WOZ have deep rules

Yes. You'll find many of us have both TSPP and LOTR in our line up. Then, get something "fun and brainless" for a third. Mine is POTC but your mileage may vary.

#948 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Has anyone installed a more powerful coil (especially the right flipper) on the mini-playfield?

I have not, and have not heard of anyone doing so.

I suggest you do the usual rebuild, then, of course, the timing of the shot is tight indeed.

Welcome to the club!

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from service_unknown:

Recently I've noticed a loud pop/feedback noise at the end when the ball drops on Disco Stu when both numbers match up. Anyone know what might be causing this issue?

You're serious? That's called a match. A knock. You won a "free game."

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

entered my initials and then the screeeech!!!

Hmm... granted it's not a true knock. And it does kinda suck. But you heard a "screeeech"? Makes me wonder if there's something wrong?

#968 8 years ago

Yes, it's strange that Marco calls #545-6045-00 an "assembly." But gweempose (and you) are correct. That's the one. Perhaps Marco is thinking of ramps with a *flap* -- which they often call an "assembly." Anyway, confession: I'm gonna need a cliffy or new ramp before long myself.

2 months later
#1065 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm talking about the upper play field ramp shot to the couch lock.

I will try throwing some wax on the area. It's definitely a doable shot, it's just gotta be a really clean shot.

Pinitration, yes, it's a very small margin of error on that shot for sure!

4 months later
#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Is this something a previous owner added, or did Stern use washers to lever the upper playfields?

Mine has no washers on the posts supporting the upper playfield.

1 month later
#1241 8 years ago

Welcome, Goalie!

1 month later
#1288 8 years ago

WOW!

2 weeks later
#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

For me, I always play my game on competition mode as I always find it hard to enter the right orbit to light tv modes.

For some reason, I usually have more trouble making the right orbit than I do the left ramp! But I still play regular settings. Not competition.

2 weeks later
#1335 7 years ago

A Pinsider is trying to decide between SM and TSPP here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-vs-tspp

Go set him straight!

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lollipop rails... the nuke ones are stupid.

I respectfully disagree. (Like others have also.) That's why God made opinions.

3 weeks later
#1408 7 years ago

Just finished one of my best games. But... Got FOUR of the necessary SIX super jackpots in couch multiball. Accomplished everything else. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Uh oh... You are going to be really mad then when you find out you actually only need 5 super jackpots and not 6.

Oh, that's right. I was counting the characters in front of the flippers. Grandpa lights for the super dooper dooper.

#1412 7 years ago

Regarding the character inserts in the playfield... in front of the flippers... Each time you collect a Super Jackpot in couch multiball, one of the characters lights up. I've never lit more than 4. Grandpa is the 6th, and I believe he lights only when reaching the super super super wizard mode. (Can't remember what it's called.)

#1421 7 years ago

It's a controlled lamp. Not general illumination. Lamp #17. Column 1. Row 3. Go into single lamp test via menu. Have a manual?

If the other lamps in that column and that row are working, then it's likely a broken wire.

#1422 7 years ago

Oh, and the diode associated with it is mounted on a terminal strip under the playfield. Check wires there too.

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It turned out to be, ahem, a bad bulb. I had replaced it with a new one and that turned out to be bad. Laugh away.

Man! What an idio--- wait. I've done that too!

1 week later
#1490 7 years ago

And mine. Blob. STERN OWES ME A NEW PLAYFIELD!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1510 7 years ago

Pinkish, redish, blob, no blob.... Awesome game!

#1512 7 years ago

Just wait till you try to *finish* Alien Invasion. Sheesh!

#1520 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was under the impression that the coil settings in the menu affected all the coils EXCEPT the flippers.

I'm under the same impression. Billin, if you're having trouble making the couch shot, you probably need to rebuild the flipper(s). And realize, there's not much margin of error on that shot. Very small sweet spot.

#1522 7 years ago

Bank shots and multiball are the best I can manage for working through the I&S levels.

1 week later
#1563 7 years ago

Yes, have to remove nuts to remove plastics. Then, you'll have to remove posts to install the protector.

In both cases, no, not use a wrench. You want nut drivers.

Don't be afraid. But do get the right tools.

We're all here to help.

#1566 7 years ago

For pinball work, you'll want at least 1/4", 5/16", and 11/32". Hollow-shaft magnetic are best, but get what you can get. You'll use them all the time.

#1587 7 years ago

FWIW, I had to order my Kleins from Home Depot online. They didn't carry the magnetic ones in store. YMMV.

#1588 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

There is also "Hi Res" mode? I think that's what it was called. I couldn't tell a difference. Anyone know what the difference is? What mode do you use?

It's a little hard to the tell the difference sometimes, yes. Me, I have mine on dots for TSPP. Kinda matches the TV and keeps the "cartoony" look IMO. But hey, whatever YOU like best.

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Anybody have any suggestions where I should look once I've confirmed I didn't blow a fuse?

Cables and connections as always. Check power test points also.

Quoted from emkay:

recommendations on where to order fuses or find locally? I struck out at the orange and blue stores.

If you can't wait for mail-order, Radio Shack.

Quoted from emkay:

What would this hobby be if nothing needed fixing, right? =)

Not as much fun.

Good luck with the sleuthing and repair. (You really DO need a ColorDMD.)

#1599 7 years ago

That post you're referring to is held to the playfield by a nut on the underside. Hold the post with something, and use nutdriver to remove the nut on the underside.

Always before trying to loosen something, check to see what's on the underside. Sometimes a screw like you had before. Sometimes a nut like this one. Sometimes a T-nut (a stationary nut affixed to the playfield) where you need only unscrew the post or screw from the topside.

You can do this!

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I would lightly tap that out from underneath by holding the handle of a socket against the post and lighting hitting the end with a hammer. Should pop right up. Good luck!

Exactly. Once the nut is removed from the bottom, light tapping will drive the post out. The post is not screwed in.

1 month later
#1659 7 years ago

Unlike most others (people and games) I prefer dots on TSPP. Kinda fits with the dots on the TV and gives it more of a carnival look.

Speaking of carnival, I rode the Simpsons ride at Universal Studios Hollywood last Sunday. It's one of the park's, like, *5* simulator rides, but very funny stuff!

#1669 7 years ago

Yes, locking that 5th ball is rough indeed! I've only done it twice in 2 years. Getting the 5 Super Jackpots I think is even harder.

3 weeks later
#1764 7 years ago

The 2 previous replies are spot-on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 month later
#2011 7 years ago
Quoted from atwong:

I was thinking of spraying it with Electrical Contact Cleaner

Electrical contact cleaner... Never.

Use the business card technique above, or file the contacts just a touch if necessary. I'm assuming you don't have a wiring/connection problem. (which is not a great assumption)

1 month later
#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I hope that i am in this club.

You are!

Quoted from sgorsuch:

Does anyone know if there is a sequence of flipper hits to get to the puzzle screen to see what you have completed to get to the wizard mode. I have gone through the info by holding the flippers, but it never comes up other than when you immediately complete the task.

I, too, would like to know how to make the "puzzle" screen appear.

1 week later
#2170 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

OMG this game is so GOOOOOD !

thunderking50 -- Sure is!!! Here's a lovefest thread you might enjoy! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-is-the-best

3 months later
#2362 7 years ago

Yes, good catch! Where's the f'in TV?!? Pass.

Anyway... even with the easiest settings, it's gonna be hard for casuals to reach Mystery Spot. Have to start/end all 12(?) 2x scoring modes to light it. No "flailer" is ever gonna get there.

When I get to Mystery Spot, I announce: "Who wants to play backwards flippers?" and let whoever comes take over my ball.

4 months later
#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Found this odd piece of Mylar on the playfield

Odd indeed. Never seen before. Nor can I imagine why it's there. ?!?

3 weeks later
#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nah, just an old picture I came across of a Stern factory tour from 2003.

Oh, that's just mean!

1 month later
#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've always wondered this, what is the point of EOS switches in modern games? My understanding was that ever since WPC fliptronics, the high/low power switching of the coils was determined by software.

Yes, it IS determined by software. But the software needs to KNOW that the flipper is engaged. Makes sense really.

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

But if your EOS isn't working, it still flips correctly, and doesn't burn up the coil or blow a fuse like older games.

True true.

10 months later
#3586 5 years ago

For pitch, just refer to the bubble-level. Between the lines is where you'll want it set.

As for the couch shot -- even with wax, rebuilt flippers, etc. -- the margin of error is still pretty small, so don't be surprised if it's a shot you miss a lot.

After starting a ball, the "Shoot Again" lamp flashes for some time. That's indicating your "Ball Save" period. (Adjustable in settings.) If you drain during that period, the machine gives you the ball back. It's feeling sorry for you. Once the ball gets saved that way -- or the timer runs out -- you're on your own after that.

When "Extra Ball" is lit in the lanes, you are able to select *which* lane is lit by hitting the flippers to move it. Your basic flipper "lane change."

Hope that helps. Enjoy!

#3589 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I reset the game to default, so there shouldn't be a ball save on launch. From reading other threads, it seems some TSPPs need the OCD board.

OCD can really help TSPP. I have one. Depends of course on what kind of LEDs are used.

Default on ball save is "AUTO".

setting number 38 (resized).pngsetting number 38 (resized).png
#3591 5 years ago

Weird. My image was from page 57 of https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Manual.pdf

I don't have my physical manual at the moment. It and the machine are at a friend's house for a while.

#3594 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

sillyoldelf Side panel art, a full set of Cliffy's, Nuclear side rails, anypin DMD NVRAM, and Tim's plastic protectors.
Wish me luck.

Some of my favorite mods! You'll be fine just take your time. gl

#3597 5 years ago

Swapping the flipper buttons for yellow is a piece of cake.

#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

You think so? I ended up leaving my red buttons in the game. Think it looks better that way anyway.

Yes, swapping IS easy. IF a person chooses to do it, of course.

1 week later
#3636 5 years ago

Need to test the ramp *made* switch. Not the ramp *entrance* switch. Whoosh is correct on the entrance. Other callouts (and scoring) are triggered when the ramp shot is *made*. Hope it helps.

1 month later
#3744 5 years ago

Welcome to the club @andre. You'll love it!

2 months later
#3890 5 years ago

For me, it's getting the 5 or 6 super jackpots in couch multiball. I've completed Alien Invasion 3 or 4 times over the years, but don't recall ever getting all the super jackpots. Grrrr.

1 month later
#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I couldn’t find the TL;DR summary!!

HAHAHA. Just flail around and shoot for what's flashing! Wait! Everything's flashing!!!

Great game.

#3975 5 years ago

Pinrookie -- Paul, the voltage rating doesn't matter here. (Your proposed replacements are heftier anyway.) Issue would be whether their mounting method is the same, and they appear to be.

1 month later
#4061 5 years ago

Can't speak to the GI, but for inserts you MUST get an LED OCD board. It eliminates ghosting and works even better with regular LEDs.

1 year later
#5004 3 years ago

A ball *could* get caught up there I think. Hence, the ingenious cable clamp to prevent it.

1 week later
#5031 3 years ago

Chip orientation is one thing, very easy to check, and critical of course. But a far more common issue is a leg being bent under. (As I believe someone mentioned.) Need to insert chips very carefully and patiently and watch those legs. Once the chip is in place, it can be hard to see/detect. gl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottslash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=scottslash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.