(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2356 7 years ago

Gonna see a tspp tomorrow of which I got some pictures. Anyone see anything strange where I should be aware of? What to double check?

IMG_1836 (resized).JPGIMG_1836 (resized).JPG

IMG_1838 (resized).JPGIMG_1838 (resized).JPG

IMG_1837 (resized).JPGIMG_1837 (resized).JPG

IMG_1839 (resized).JPGIMG_1839 (resized).JPG

IMG_1841 (resized).JPGIMG_1841 (resized).JPG

IMG_1840 (resized).JPGIMG_1840 (resized).JPG

IMG_1842 (resized).JPGIMG_1842 (resized).JPG

IMG_1844 (resized).JPGIMG_1844 (resized).JPG

IMG_1843 (resized).JPGIMG_1843 (resized).JPG

IMG_1845 (resized).JPGIMG_1845 (resized).JPG

#2360 7 years ago

How could I miss the TV?

Price was still to be negotiated but close to 4 KEUR was the idea of the seller.

This prior to noticing the missing TV ....

Cancelled appointment. Useless to go there without it being complete. Can live with a missing knife at Itchy, plastic couch can be bought but the TV??

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Looks like every thing is corroded and the chrome has come off the lamp shields ( now white ) . I have no idea what would do that . No pic's of the under side ? Maybe that's why !

I have no idea as I didn't go. The seller posted an add on a local Kind of eBay and it was sold in a few hours .... apparently I am to critical

Anyway, something will pop up sooner or later. Thanks for the advise guys

3 months later
#2722 6 years ago

After a search of 6 months finally gonna pick up a TSPP tonight. Is a decent one (approx 1,5 years routed, 10+ years same person) so if carefull insopection this evening doesnt bring any surprises I am finally in. Watching Simpsons TVseries almost daily finally one of the best pins is going to be in my gameroom.

Keeping my fingers crossed nothing strange will happen tonight

#2725 6 years ago

Joined the club finally

IMG_3154 (resized).JPGIMG_3154 (resized).JPG

#2727 6 years ago

So, brought tspp upstairs and as the playfield was out anyway immediately installed the side blades which came unused with it. Look really nice, well designed

Ordered the rubbers for shopping and I will install a pin2dmd. Gonna be a nice tspp when I am finished

IMG_3174 (resized).JPGIMG_3174 (resized).JPG

#2728 6 years ago

I do have 1 question.

Found this odd piece of Mylar on the playfield. Don't see it on other playfield
Pictures. Is this Mylar normal at that spot? Cleaned it so it's now much less visible as in the picture.

It starts at the sirenes of the policecar and moves up to the right.

To scared to remove it, afraid I will damage the playfield there is no insert below however.

Anyone?

IMG_3173.JPGIMG_3173.JPG

#2729 6 years ago

Than last question. I noted much more reflection from the translite on the playfield glass as I am used with other pins. The upper part of the playfield really suffers from it.

I took pdi glass from my AC/DC to test and it's less but still visible. Anyone played with this issue to get it better? Recall someone installed another led tube?

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Yeah that spot doesn't wear badly or anything. Weird choice for Mylar. I'd probably try to remove.

Talked with the previous owner who had it for 12 yrs. It was already there when he bought it (routed for like 2 yrs). He has seen it with other TSPP's to, perhaps it is only there with early first run (this pin is stamped jan 2003).

Dont dare to remove it, just to scared I will damage the playfield

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone know where i might be able to purchase a set of stickers that go on the apron without buying a whole set? im gonna need a new set as im getting my apron powdercoated

Have no experience with metal aprons from stern but with plastic aprons you can remove the stickers quite easily without damage and reuse them. Have you carefully tried if it loosens up of you lift it at a corner?

#2746 6 years ago

Work in progress

Is cleaning up nicely. Must also say that TSPP is a very easy machine to shop. Disassembling at least is easy and less than 2 hour job. Now the more hard part, putting is back together

IMG_3213 (resized).JPGIMG_3213 (resized).JPG

IMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#2747 6 years ago

Knowing that TSPP was launched feb 2003 and seeing a playfield date of jan 21 2003 for sure this was a first run 8).

Is further more this handwritten revised note dating aug 2002 normal ??

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3212 (resized).JPGIMG_3212 (resized).JPG

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Talked with the previous owner who had it for 12 yrs. It was already there when he bought it (routed for like 2 yrs). He has seen it with other TSPP's to, perhaps it is only there with early first run (this pin is stamped jan 2003).
Dont dare to remove it, just to scared I will damage the playfield

Wanted to show I am a man so removed it

I think it was not Mylar but just tape which was there for unknown reason. Removing it was just 5 minute job and no issues. Also found same tape on the apron. Is really puzzling why it was there but it's gone now without issues

#2751 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone tell me how the wire at the base of Homer's head is supposed to sit? Or better yet a pic?

Is this picture what you are looking for?

IMG_3207 (resized).JPGIMG_3207 (resized).JPG

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

How did you get the right ramp off? It was the only piece on the right side that i wasn't able to get off. Also how do you get the black block on the right corner off?

Black block is still there. It's now covered with the side blade

Removing right ramp was easy. Just removing the screws and carefully lift it and that's it. Have no idea what is blocking it with you. Also remove the bulbs in the Backbord to get more space to work in.

#2755 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Both of those pics are pretty good - so to me the wire that wraps around the back seems kind of pointless - does it actually do anything?

Which black wire? I only see one running to the flasher in Homers head

#2766 6 years ago

So, first shopping is finished. Total cleaning, replacing black rubbers with white silicon. Colored sleeves. Sideblades and Backbord cals installed.

Stronger garage coil on order.

Next step is color pin2dmd display and that's it (for now at least )

IMG_3223 (resized).JPGIMG_3223 (resized).JPG

IMG_3224 (resized).JPGIMG_3224 (resized).JPG

IMG_3225 (resized).JPGIMG_3225 (resized).JPG

IMG_3226 (resized).JPGIMG_3226 (resized).JPG

IMG_3227 (resized).JPGIMG_3227 (resized).JPG

IMG_3228 (resized).JPGIMG_3228 (resized).JPG

IMG_3230 (resized).JPGIMG_3230 (resized).JPG

#2771 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

ColorDMD, much better!!!

I have nothing against Colordmd but it's usd 450 against like usd 210 over here ..... Have seen pin2dmd in action in other pins and saw the YouTube done on tspp so good enough for me. Once finished I will make a video of it.

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I recommend the I&S hole protector from Pinbits and the Kwik-E-Mart sticker.

Yeah. Protection. Usually I am all over protection (all my new pins have cliffy and playfield protectors) but if the pin survived 14 yrs of play I am quite confident it will sustain my home use play for like a year I have it.

If i do it it will not only be pinbits but also cliffy ramp protector. Incl transport this will set me back another 100+ USD and wallet is empty for the moment. And of course I would than also need the plastic protectorset which sets me back another 100 usd. Has to stop somewhere .

#2804 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Thanks again for the link!
Got mine in the mail today. They add a nice touch to the game.
I was a bit disappointed with the print quality. Looks like it was done on a home deskjet. But overall happy.

That's a coincidence, I received mine yesterday. Agree that print quality is at best average and I wonder how long they will last. Anyway, worst case I remove them, they are not costly which makes it just acceptable.

IMG_3306 (resized).JPGIMG_3306 (resized).JPG

IMG_3307 (resized).JPGIMG_3307 (resized).JPG

IMG_3308 (resized).JPGIMG_3308 (resized).JPG

IMG_3309 (resized).JPGIMG_3309 (resized).JPG

#2806 6 years ago

I also ordered the repro slingshot and outlane plastics. Print quality is OK but the color blue is darker. Can it be that the original plastics have become lighter through the years?

First Picture left is repro right is original. In real life the color difference is more noticeable

Second picture both slingshot and outlane plastics are repro

IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG
IMG_3305 (resized).JPGIMG_3305 (resized).JPG

#2807 6 years ago

Than I also ordered the stronger coil with them for the garage as per stern service bulletin.

First try it fried the transistor. So double checked all wiring. Tried old coil first which worked fine. Again replacement coil, made sure the wiring was correct (in relation to diode) and again the transistor fried, it smoked even. Resistance appeared to be around 4-5 Ohm so nothing there. However, as my garage works 99% fine with the old coil and decided not to fry a third transistor. So old coil back, wiring same and works fine.

What can be wrong here?

#2844 6 years ago

Hmmm. Interesting color choice. Dont think it's for me but curious to see pictures with everything assembled. Also in a line-up where all the rest is black I wonder how it looks.

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think I dropped the mic. This game has just under 30,000 plays.

Nice work. Don't think the pink armor is for me but good work it is

Where did you get the big decals on the cooling towers?

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Here you go. You can order them in whatever color you like. She's also makes tons of other cool stickers. Fast shipping too.
Look at this on eBay ebay.com link</blockquote

Thanks. Size is 2" ? You do 2 per cooling tower, e.g. 4 needed in total?

1 week later
#2879 6 years ago

Thanks to the tip of another Pinsider a mod has been added to my TSPP

I choose purple color 2"

IMG_3475 (resized).JPGIMG_3475 (resized).JPG

#2881 6 years ago

Installed a pin2dmd today. Man, a real improvement over the orange colour. Looks really great.

Have a stream setup and will make a video to show it off.

For those interested in doing it to, you will need a longer ribbon cable between the dmd and pcb. The original one is (to) short.

IMG_3501 (resized).JPGIMG_3501 (resized).JPG

IMG_3507 (resized).JPGIMG_3507 (resized).JPG

IMG_3506 (resized).JPGIMG_3506 (resized).JPG

IMG_3508 (resized).JPGIMG_3508 (resized).JPG

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Mine was not too short, so your milage may vary.

Interesting. Wanna share a picture of your setup?

#2885 6 years ago

Yep. A mess it is

The ribbon cable I had installed between dmd display and display board was much much shorter as the one I see here

Anyway, reccomend checking length of the ribbon cable in your tspp to make sure you have length enough.

#2886 6 years ago

So, as promised a gameplayvideo of the Pin2dmd in action. Looks in real life much more vivid as in video. Camera's and leds don't mix very well.

#2900 6 years ago

Yep, Q20 it is. And the violet-yellow should go to the non-banded part of the diode.

IMG_3556 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).JPG

#2918 6 years ago

Mine is a 2003 model and must admit colors look more vibrant as yours so the theory of 2003 vibrant vs 2006 washed out could be true.

In regard to the extra plastic, can confirm mine has one to.

IMG_3228 (resized).JPGIMG_3228 (resized).JPG

IMG_3227 (resized).JPGIMG_3227 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Ok here is a follow up to my problem with the garage door:
The garage door wasn't opening properly so I decided to change out the original coil as was directed by the service update. Well I did it and re soldered but I was stupid and didn't realize the new coil's diode (banded side)was opposite the original so I think I fried the transistor at Q20. I changed the transistor at Q20 and it tests good with my meter(no shorts). Well the solenoid locks on as soon as I power up the game . I changed back to the original coil which was firing correctly before I changed it but after i put it back on (of course this time paying mind to the banded side of the diode) it still locks on the solenoid on boot up.
Does anyone have any ideas what my problem could be ?
Thanks

I had this happen exactly the same. I tried it twice (and made 200 % sure the second time diode was properly installed) and fried q20 twice. Am betting your q20 is Fried again. As my garage was opening properly (i just swapped it as there was a service bulletin on it and coil is costing almost zero) I decided to leave in the original coil and didn’t investigate it further.

Only thing I did do was hooking up the coil to a lab power supply and at 20V it only consumed like 2A so a coil shortage is not there, resistance was also normal.

Strange strange

#2976 6 years ago

Thinking About adding speakerpanel Decals. Already have the side panels.

This one looks OK and a good combo with the sidepanels. Does anyone have a picture with it installed? Or with another speakerpanel decal which is still available?

45FE2A1A-0F34-490D-AEF0-0C1614BD86B1 (resized).jpeg45FE2A1A-0F34-490D-AEF0-0C1614BD86B1 (resized).jpeg

1F8394C9-3659-4170-A6D2-F51AFD9218DF (resized).jpeg1F8394C9-3659-4170-A6D2-F51AFD9218DF (resized).jpeg

#3018 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I just got my tspp and am wondering about opininions on LED or LCD for a color dmd on this game?

Am using a pin2dmd led and it looks great. Has nice contrast. See the remarks on to bright but with pin2dmd you can adjust brightness. Assume colordmd can do this to? Anyway, I tuned it down a lot and don’t find it to bright according to my taste. However, LCD gives you more opportunities (at the cost of less contrast) So if you go the colordmd route I think I Would go the LCD route.

Wanna see how mine looks? See

1 month later
#3125 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

While I was playing TSPP last night all of the sudden one of the pop bumpers started to fire occasionally when hitting the flippers. some times it would fire once, other times it would rapid fire. Anyone know where I should start to rectify this?

Sounds like a Switch which needs adjusting. The vibration caused by your flippers is closing the switch and thus popbumper is fired

#3146 6 years ago

Are you sure your overhead light dim to? It can’t be that the pinball draws so much power without a fuse blowing that you ceiling lights dim to.

Converted to 115VAC the current a flipper draws is neglible. Heck, a whole pin draws approx 300W and yours less because it’s ledded. Must power goes to the bulbs.

If your room is sensitive for this kind of power drain, yep, check house wiring befor it sets on fire ..... hook up an electric heater to the same wall outlet as the pin and see what happens. A heater draws way much more power as a pinball

2 months later
#3351 6 years ago

When I spoke pinsound at an expo nov 2017 they did mention somebody was considering to make an updated sound set.

So who knows?

#3354 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

According to asoa recent sale of his awesomely jacked up TSSP, https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59443
He installed pinsound and that had an upgraded HD quality soundtrack from the community, but the only one I can find is the crappy original one.

Are you sure he had a Hd soundtrack? It says an Hd audio soundboard which Pinsound is but that’s hardware. It doesn’t mean there was also a HD soundtrack is it ?

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hard to believe someone would install a pinsound board, just to only install the original sounds??
Has anyone had experience replacing music & sounds using Pinball Browser?

Pinsound still has some advantage. It is a better amplifier as original so even with same source it can slightly improve sound plus you can separately adjust cabinet and back box speakers to your liking.

But, must admit that spending this kind of cash for just the above is not something I would do. But some people have bigger wallets as others 8).

#3360 6 years ago

What it also interesting that you cant download the Legacy sounds from the Pinsound forum. If we would have those you could open them up on a PC and listen how advantage a Pinsound board would be with Original sounds with a better soundcard.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Sorry for the naive question, but could you clarify what you mean in the quote above?
I’m pretty new to some of these mods available to these machines. I had not heard of this Pinsound mod until I saw it mentioned on this thread. So I went to their website and looked it up. $369 for the board, throw in speakers and I am looking at around 500 bucks.
My question is, what am I getting for a few hundred bucks (besides “improved sound quality”)? Because, for that type of $, I would be looking for something pretty magical. For example, what improvements and general “cool stuff” could I do with my TSPP?

You get the possibility to swap sounds with higher quality sounds to your liking. See for instance what kind of magic Endprodukt has done with new soundmixes for Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park. Or how you can make your GnR sound with high quality MP3 in place of the 25 yr old low quality sound.

However, if you just again use the old sounds with Pinsound I can’t justify spending USD 500. And yes, in case your original soundboard is broken beyond repair Pinsound can be a good solution as replacement.

3 months later
#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Indeed, the boy and I had mine installed and setup in 20 minutes... best mod ever

Colordisplay (regardless pin2dmd or colordmd) is the best mod for a Tspp indeed.

2 months later
#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

-Inside Side art decals (where should I buy these? There is a russian on ebay? are these the same? as what most people have

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods/01072-the-simpson-pinball-party-cabinet-5x-decals-super-package

1 week later
#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

TECH QUESTION:
After booting my TSPP it is sort of rebooting every 5 seconds. Sometimes I can play a game for about half a minute and then it reboots again.
Not everything goes out (TV mod still continues to play), the upper playfield TV is rebooting as well.
Anyone has an idea about what is going on, what I should do?
When the reboot occurs I noticed the Red led on the Bottom board in the backbox to light of and on.
Appreciate your help
Peter

First step would be to check if the 5VDC is properly present. Sounds to me like you have an issue there

1 month later
#3689 5 years ago

I almost never have stdm from ball launch. Try always to make the skillshot ofcourse but that doesn’t cause a stdm. At least not in my tspp. Is your game level?

And yep, I have ballsave on as with all my machines.

1 week later
#3720 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How do you connect 2 games to 1 sub?

I have connected on pin to the left speaker input and the other one to the right speaker input. Pinballs are mono anyway so you can use a stereo sub for two pins

#3721 5 years ago

Did try upgraded speakers in my tspp but took them out again as difference was very small. Not worth the money or effort.

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

PINSOUND guys.....PINSOUND

Have quite some experience with pinsound and like it a lot and allthough it does do improve iT Some for the real improvement an upgraded soundset is required. The quality of the standard sound samples is just bad

3 weeks later
#3782 5 years ago

With a Stern this is known to happen more if you hold the flipperbutton to long.

Better is to put coin door ballsave ON in settings and open the coin door if you need time.

2 months later
#3907 5 years ago

You are lucky but this is not uncommon. Problem is not that old batteries have no more voltage as that just means loading your settings as Highscore, no big deal. More of a problem is that old batteries can start leaking which is a costly matter.

3 weeks later
#3978 5 years ago

Was working in the backbox when I suddenly noticed a loose pink colored wire. Have no idea if it belongs somewhere. Could it just be a spare unused wire? Pin functions fine.

729D76EE-10CC-47E3-B596-744FB51C547F (resized).jpeg729D76EE-10CC-47E3-B596-744FB51C547F (resized).jpeg
#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Pink wire goes last spot on the right.
[quoted image]

Thanks. As of don’t have a connector on J2 I looked it up In The manual and apparently it’s not really used besides UK or it goes to a tournament board I don’t have. So I can leave it as is but thanks again for the intel

496B2568-3D0E-41F3-BD5D-40A73DA1050A (resized).jpeg496B2568-3D0E-41F3-BD5D-40A73DA1050A (resized).jpeg5AB56EBA-5889-41F1-8770-A4D21CF66BB3 (resized).jpeg5AB56EBA-5889-41F1-8770-A4D21CF66BB3 (resized).jpeg
#3989 5 years ago

Ok. I think I need to set it on 10 balls and keep it for 20 years befor I can pull this off ..... and I still think I will need to take the glass off

#4002 5 years ago

Its indeed a beautiful machine. The yellow side rails and legs really look excellent.

#4006 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

New GC for me tonight, 491M.
Completed Secret Stash, Daredevil Mania, Scratchy's Revenge and had 7 SJPs.
Did not complete Mystery Spot or Alien Invasion, played both twice.
Finished Mystery Spot last night in a separate game, but have never finished Alien Invasion.
Getting close.

Man, how do you do this? Quite an achievement. My GC is like 110M @ 5 balls .....

3 weeks later
#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

does anyone have sillioldelf blades on his tspp and could post few pictures to illustrate and comment on durability ? considering the purchase. thanks

Grabbed some pics I had on my phone.

Durability is fine but material is thinner as with pinblades from for instance pingraffix. Think they will scratch more easy but I use protectors when lifting the playfield.

151D3764-03AF-45C6-817A-B25A86CDE874 (resized).jpeg151D3764-03AF-45C6-817A-B25A86CDE874 (resized).jpeg17DCCDC7-B25F-44CE-B0EE-0ADB27D4B639 (resized).jpeg17DCCDC7-B25F-44CE-B0EE-0ADB27D4B639 (resized).jpeg6C050529-0843-4AE4-A308-3DEA4578990D (resized).jpeg6C050529-0843-4AE4-A308-3DEA4578990D (resized).jpegC1DCAD76-7237-46D5-9A29-64A95071F8BA (resized).jpegC1DCAD76-7237-46D5-9A29-64A95071F8BA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4055 5 years ago

A stern is easier as a BW is my op opinion

Just take some good pictures before taking the wires off. The keying should also avoid misplacing connectors as well as the cable harness ‘flow’. But I do always prior to switching it back on compare the work with the pictures and look if the colors of the cables match. Till now always OK.

4 weeks later
#4125 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Good news. Yes I can send the flipper bat mod for $3.50 world wide.

Sounds interesting. How about a picture installed in a game?

#4128 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Sorry but this is all I can give you at the moment. I just got
my playfield back fully restored and coated with ceramic clear.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. We can wait. Looks like I will prefer the one with pink though.

1 month later
#4182 4 years ago

Afyet almost 2 yrs of ownership I finally managed to beat my own GC score I made on the test game I did at previous owner

Score after 3 balls plus 1 extra ball

0B4F41F1-5545-4EA8-B078-4FB46B7AB069 (resized).jpeg0B4F41F1-5545-4EA8-B078-4FB46B7AB069 (resized).jpeg
#4183 4 years ago

And score after 5 balls plus 1 extra ball. My favorite setting for a pin is 4 plus 1 extra max but with tspp I ha e set it on 5 just to get further in the game.

I had mysteryspot twice and Alien Invasion once. This GC was double of the previous one. This was a game everything came together

2A1849F4-BA5F-4FBC-A5C2-6398A9467689 (resized).jpeg2A1849F4-BA5F-4FBC-A5C2-6398A9467689 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anything special to worry about when buying a TSPP?
Looking to join the club this weekend. I am going on a 6 hour round trip to possibly purchase a supposedly HUO TSPP for $5,000 this weekend. This won't be my first pin but will be by first Simpsons game. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on this game? I'm thinking main points of concern are wear around the flipper buttons, shooter lane wear, Itchy &amp; Scratchy popout, and garage door. Is there anything else I should be weary of on this machine? I have requested a few additional pictures before driving up there.
Assuming it looks brand new, I'll probably put some LEDs and side art.
Thanks

Think you got it covered TSPPway besides the general pinball stuff like leaking batteries, broken entry on ramps and broken plastics. But I would like to add check extra the mini display on the upper playfield. If it has button wear I am guessing it is not a HUO.

2 months later
#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just joined the club! Simpsons next to TWD looks a little odd but I'll deal with it! Lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice setup. We share 3 out of 4 pins and the fourth is with us both a music pin. You IM and me AcDc

Are you my long lost brother ?

1 month later
#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I just got a Nvram but I dont know how to install it.
Do I just remove the current chip and put that one, turn the game back on ?
And does it erase the scores and settings ?

It should be as simple as you mention. Old one out, nvram in. And yes, your old scores and settings are gone.

Don’t forget to take the batteries out! Otherwise there is still the danger of leaking.

1 month later
#4654 4 years ago

You should reseat the connectors of the short cable going from top center of the bottom board to one higher. That one is transferring the power 5V to the cpu board which is the top board.

You should measure the 5V at top board CPU befor and after to see if there was any change.

#4657 4 years ago

I spoke at a show in November with Pinsound and he repeated the story of one year earlier eg he has a good friend working on it.

No timeframe mentioned.

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

airballs? anyone else getting lots of airballs coming off of the kwik e mart?

Air balls? Wonder if I have ever seen one in my TSPP??

#4702 4 years ago

In NL and Belgium a TSPP will be north of 4K and a nice one with extra like colordmd close to 5K

Had to sell a pin to make room for New one and couldn’t choose between my MeT or TsPP so let faith decide and tspp is still here .

It’s a great pin indeed. And I am a fan of the theme which is a good help.

If you can buy a decent one for a normal price it has proven to hold value.

3 weeks later
#4747 4 years ago

I have lcd and led displays and in my tspp there is a led (pin2dmd). I think that with the cartoon style this fits best.

But that’s just my opinion and lcd is fine to. This is not a matter of good or bad but of good and perhaps better.

This is how it looks in led

1 month later
#4827 4 years ago

I have a strange phenomenon with my mini display which I wonder if it is standard or an error. If an error any clue where to find a solution? Reseated already the connectors and in testmode the display works fine.

What I mean can best be seen around 21 sec mark.

Any advice would be appreciated

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Interesting. Definitely not normal. Seems to happen each time all the flashers are going at once. Also, what the mode lights to the right are doing at the same time is not normal.

Thanks for the response. I tried already disconnecting the flasher connector but that didn’t change a thing.

Going to loan a driver bord from a lotr to see if that changes anything. Than I know of it is a PCB faulty or not.

Hadn’t notice also the mode bord to the right also acts strange. Will have a look in that to.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the response. I tried already disconnecting the flasher connector but that didn’t change a thing.
Going to loan a driver bord from a lotr to see if that changes anything. Than I know of it is a PCB faulty or not.
Hadn’t notice also the mode bord to the right also acts strange. Will have a look in that to.
Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Tried another power driver bord and that was OK. So next step will be replacing the flipflop IC’s at u201 and 206. To be cntd.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Tried another power driver bord and that was OK. So next step will be replacing the flipflop IC’s at u201 and 206. To be cntd.

Replaced u201 and 206 and works fine again

FYI: First used 74ls273n Which a friend had lying around which worked fine in real pinball playing mode but in testmode was not showing all red (all other testmodes worked fine). With 74hct273N also testmode all red works 100% fine

So fully working again as original designed

#4858 4 years ago

1 year after seeing the tip I finally came to it during some maintenance and cleaning light: I swapped the entrance gate with the Moe sign for better look.

Played an extensive game and found no difference. And ofcourse if you have a very slow ball which only goes a few centimeter up the ramp you can have the situation where entrance gate would be triggered against now not.

3006071A-8516-46D2-A3E8-0BC236C86C70 (resized).jpeg3006071A-8516-46D2-A3E8-0BC236C86C70 (resized).jpegD980BF36-6EA7-4051-97CE-FEC6738D11E5 (resized).jpegD980BF36-6EA7-4051-97CE-FEC6738D11E5 (resized).jpeg
#4863 4 years ago
1 month later
#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

One more question... I just learned that the owner has not replaced the batteries in this game since buying it 16 years ago. Is TSPP one that’s prone to battery damage if they’re not changed? Thanks

Just make sure prior to buying to open up the backbox and check the batteries for leakage. If they have leaked on to the PCB this can cause some serious damage with ditto costs.

You can indeed go for a NVRam but another option if you wanna retain the history is to install energizer lithium AA batteries which will not leak. Replace the batteries with game turned on !!

1 month later
#4985 3 years ago

Nice work on the sideblades but what do you mean with not precut? Have the same and mine were cut to size.

#4990 3 years ago

I had to make a cut to for the wooden block now you mention it but found that easy to do. Not a showstopper and the blades do look great.

1 week later
#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys Ive only gotten to Alien invasion twice. So are u supposed to lock 2 balls, then 3 balls then 4 balls then 5 balls? Is that the last part 5 balls? If you miss it it goes back one? Like if I miss 4 balls, then it goes back to 3 balls?
Thanks

You got it

#5029 3 years ago

All chips have a notch on 1 side and usually all chips on a PCB have this notch or dot pointing same direction. Can’t see it on your pictures if this is the case but easy to check for you.

A1EB8EF5-114C-425E-ACBE-A44719A0BBE3 (resized).jpegA1EB8EF5-114C-425E-ACBE-A44719A0BBE3 (resized).jpeg
#5035 3 years ago

Interesting picture because of the leds. How does this look installed? Guess the garage lights up green when open? And the left loop is dimmed illuminated?

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from CEC_DFW:

I'm still hoping someone can help with my post #5015 with a picture of the wiring.
Thanks

Bit late but this is a picture I found of mine befor cleaning it

22A5D519-D318-4502-B900-C78C5AE09CB6 (resized).jpeg22A5D519-D318-4502-B900-C78C5AE09CB6 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5060 3 years ago

Upgrade for sure but you will loose the amount of plays etc so take some pictures of those data. Ofcourse this only makes sense if you haven’t had empty batteries which flush this data down the drain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 218.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 45.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.