(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1963 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I am going to be looking at a huo TSPP next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any game specifics i should be looking for, like wear areas and such?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#1967 7 years ago

Thanks guys!

#1971 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Here are some other things I would check:
1. Look at the entrance to the left (tree house) ramp and check for cracking or broken pieces
2. I would play the game and make sure you can at least get 25% of your shots through the garage and up to the upper play field. It requires a hard hit shot to jump the ramp and make the upper playfield but some games have ramp damage and other issues that make the shot near impossible. This is also a good time to make sure the VUK gets the ball to the upper playfield correctly.
3. Remove the glass and test the following:
a. Put a ball in the itchy and scratchy hole while the drop targets are UP and make sure they all drop accordingly and the ball is ejected succesfully.
b. Load three balls into the couch and make sure the game releases them in a delayed fashion and not all at once. In other words, ball 1 drops...2 or 3 second pause...ball 2 drops...2 or 3 pause...ball 3 drops.
c. Put a ball behind the TV on the upper play field and make sure the ball exits from behind the TV ok. You may notice a buzzing sound when this occurs which seems pretty common due to the vibration of the metal on metal construction of the coil.
Craig

Thanks! I will see if I can manage to test all of this. How does the garage ramp work? Ball goes into the ramp and then an up-kick sends it to the second playfield?

And, how does the ball get into the Itchy and Scratchy hole with the drop targets up? Looks like they would need to be down in order to get to that hole?

Sorry, played the game a handful of times a while ago, so not 100% on the operations of the table.

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The garage ramp is actually a jump ramp. The ball goes up the ramp and, assuming it has enough velocity, sails over the orbit and lands on a second ramp which takes it to the VUK at the back left of the playfield. If the ball isn't hit solid enough, it will fall into the orbit and then slowly roll back down towards the pop bumpers.

Oh wow... Does anyone have a picture of how this works exactly? I assume it would have to be taken with that upper playfield removed.. Having a hard time piecing this together just by looking at pictures. If not, no biggie..

EDIT- Found the pics and got an understanding. I just am having a hard time figuring where exactly that ball comes out onto the upper playfield? Does it come from the VUK under the couch ramp and down to the left flipper on the upper playfield?

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ball can get in there if just on drop is down.
All three drop down as the ball kicks out of the hole so it doesnt hit the back of the targets.

I thought this was fixed with the upgraded ROM chip? Sounds like it was a common issue?

"- Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking."

#1977 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Unfortunately even with 5.0 there are still circumstances this can happen. I've experienced it myself a few times.

I see. So if this did have that issue, is there a fix to it?

Basically, I know that somethings such as ramps, coils, flippers... all fixable but will allow me to chew down the price. Anything specific to watch for that would make it a definite no sale? Obviously other than battery leak corrosion or water damage...

#1979 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Chew down the price? lol

Yes, why is that so funny?

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It made me laugh because of an Amish gentleman I knew who used that phrase and I hadn't heard it in a long time. The Amish are another group stereotyped as being very cheap and native Pennsylvania Dutch speakers pronounce their Js with a 'ch' sound. An explanation was just more than I felt like typing on my phone from the middle stall of the bathroom at work.

oh hahahaha. Just an expression I use when referring to working to lower down a price. And no, I was not trying to say anything that starts with a "J" if thats what people are thinking haha.

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

^^ Funny conversation right there. We all knew what you meant. Only one meaning though....no need for an explanation.

Phew! Thanks!! ha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.