(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5598 3 years ago

What exactly is the tournament button used for on the lockdown bar?

2 weeks later
#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also would love to have one.

Me too

#5630 3 years ago

Anyone know where to order the nuclear inserts for the speaker grills?

1 month later
#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm not sure of other options but be wary of pinbits - other threads on here indicate they aren't operating their store right now but the store is still taking orders. People are waiting weeks and then getting paypal refunds after hearing nothing.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-place-an-order-from-pinbits-recently#post-6230902

My guess is Pinbits is either completely out of business or in serious wind down mode. I've sent them multiple emails over the last year, and have NEVER received a response.

4 weeks later
#5731 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put in all Comet sunlight. Clear for inserts and frosted for above playfield. I used a few green frosted in the mini pf so not to get blinded.

I'm a big fan of the comet sunlights...

3 weeks later
#5755 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Been a member of the club for a few years. Want to get a price check. What are these going for these days? Real nice HUO. Has color DMD, NVRAM, all cliffys, plastic protectors, manual, beefier inside cabinet corner plates, etc. thanks for any input. Mìke

Really nice upgraded examples are selling for $7-$8K+ depending on upgrades i.e. color dmd, glass, mods, powder coating, PinSound, speakers, etc...

#5769 2 years ago

HUO versions of this game seem to have asking prices of $6-$7.5k. Its a big range.
What's it worth? Well depending on your local market and how nice the game is that's up to you. How patient are you? I think if someone listed a TSPP at above $7k no matter how nice they'd maybe take awhile to find a buyer at that price. [Edit - recent pinside archives shows I may be wrong on that]. Other variables include how many toys are on it (that you'd have to remove) and how hacked up it is. People love toys on this game and some people hack up the harness and do other bad things to add them. Or maybe you find value in the toys and don't mind the added price.
My personal opinion is the only modifications which add value in this game are Cliffys, LEDs with an LED OCD Board (otherwise the LEDs don't work correctly and the fading effects are missing) and a color DMD or pin2dmd. Everything else is just stuff on the game I wouldn't pay a premium for.
The market is hot and prices are crazy but if you pay attention you'll see some stuff starting to sit awhile. Many people (not buying) comment like "great price" and "this will go fast" but they aren't the ones opening their wallets and many games are sitting at the inflated prices.

I agree with most of your assessment although there are some nice mods that are worth paying for i.e. side blades or mirrors, pin sound board, upgraded glass, and speakers (just my opinion). I have seen a few HUO games sell for north of $8K that had all the items u listed + nuclear rails and powder coating. Considering what a NIB Stern premium sells for these days $7K seems like a steal for this game.

#5775 2 years ago

Does Pinsound make the original sounds better/clearer or just adds new stuff? Or both?

Both....its a massive sound upgrade

4 weeks later
#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

question, i started yesterday installing a bunch of comet sunlight bulbs and added some extra spotlights. Should i stick with sunlight bulbs in the sportlights too? or more cool white?
so far, i really like the overall look. The goal was to add more lighting into the playfield.
inserts will be sunlights too and i may add a few cool white bulbs in the car headlights.
also, where would you stick the LED ocd if i already have a pinsound card ?

I would stick with the Sunlights as its a nice look. I don't think the Comet OCD card has anything to do with your PinSound card...The OCD card is a nice add on as it works well

3 months later
#6096 2 years ago

I think the only really must haves on this game are the Color DMD, and LED's. That being said there are some awesome upgrades to this game that fortunately mine game came with i.e Alien Mod, Cliffy's, Duf beer can, school bus, game blades (mirrors look great as well), and Sparky makes some really nice mods (mine came with the TV mod). The only upgrade I may get is the PinSound board as the sound quality sucks on TSPP, and it would be nice to get revised call outs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#6120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Little upgrade…
Decided to powdercoat (Sour Apple) Did the habitrails and monorail too. Legs will be here tomorrow. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome....who did that for u?

#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thank you!

Local guy. I got my last pin done by pinball refinery and he did a good job. But shipping to and from was more expensive then getting it done locally. Didn’t know this guy existed but I’m really pleased with the outcome. Almost went pink….

Turned out great....I wish I could find a local guy

#6131 2 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Have you tried Maas in Livermore? I've heard very good things, but haven't used them.

I haven't but a local guy has with success....I've sent them several emails with no response so their either busy or not interested?

#6133 2 years ago

I actually think the pink looks pretty awesome...most do yellow or the green

1 month later
#6236 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Picking up a stock TSPP and wanted to replace the battery holder. I saw an NVRAM on pinballlife.com for 39.99. Anything else i should consider?

I would buy it directly as I believe its quite a bit cheaper. I bought mine about a year ago and if I'm not mistaken it was around $20

https://www.pinitech.com/products/cat_nvram.php

#6239 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is what I was looking for thanks. While I’m here, any other “must have” mods for TSPP?

Theres some cool and creative mods out there, but the ones that are really nice to have are color dmd, pin sound + board/speakers, side art or mirrored blades, and Cliffy protectors.

1 month later
#6380 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

The million dollar question... How much are you looking to get for it?

I wonder what a stock NIB TSPP is worth? $7-$8K? Personally I'd rather buy a nice HUO one that I know was working although if it does work out of the box its a great find

#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Nib tspp in this market would sell for 15,000 -20,000 easy .. keep it .. but I’d play it if I was you .. it’s too awesome.. pm if you will take less than 15,000 ..
Anyone else think I’m correct ..

so you're saying you'd cough up $15K for a NIB TSPP?

2 weeks later
#6456 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Does it completely prevent glare of both dmd and backglass?
And thanks for sharing that observation, will keep in mind.

I have invisiglass on all my games and it helps a lot, but its not perfect. You can see the dmd reflection, but its pretty faint

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Get Bent Plastic from Pinball Life to get rid of DMD glare.

I already own several

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.