(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2642 6 years ago

Great googly moogly! Over the past 30 days I've read this entire thread in bits and pieces from the first post four years ago to post 2641 from yesterday. I'm new to Pinside (joined last month) but have been pinballing for decades. I've owned The Simpsons Pinball Party since June 2004; bought NIB. This thread is spectacular! Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I've learned tons and will continue following, and will add any value I can. Pinside and this TSPP Club are amazing communities.

2 weeks later
#2719 6 years ago

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me please with some details (beyond the basics) about the wiring connectors when removing the upper playfield. I've seen lots of posts in this thread where TSPP owners have said that removing the upper playfield is very easy; some posts/people even have said (I think) that the wiring can remain connected. In addition to reading the posts before trying it myself, I also read the inside cover of the manual. I searched for You Tube videos too but didn't find any.

I gave it a whirl, and the thumb screws and lifting the living room a little bit were in fact quite easy, just as advertised. But here's the challenge I encountered. On my machine, the main wiring bundle leading from the upper playfield through the access hole to below the main playfield is too snug to give me enough play once I've removed the thumb screws and cleared the living room more than a couple of inches off of the posts. I don't get nearly enough clearance to change out all of the bulbs (I'm doing an LED conversion) or to install my Cliffy's on the Treehouse Ramp and the Unobtanium Ramp.

The manual and several posts speak of three wiring connectors; to label them for reconnection matching and then to disconnect them. But nobody, not even the manual as far as I can tell, details more than that. I believe I've identified two of them; the TV wiring for sure (that one's clear) and one other, which is a small bundle. What I can't figure out after searching is how to disconnect the main, large wiring bundle. I don't see any connector for it. On my machine, it travels through the access hole and then is zip-tied into a big knot of several other wiring bundles. See photos below. Even if I were to clip the zip ties, I'm just not seeing a single main connector anywhere. I don't want to clip the zips before I know, as a lot of other wiring bundles are going to free up when I do.

If anyone can decipher my wiring from the photos I posted, and then could maybe post a photo or two of their own and/or describe in detail how to undo this wiring, I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

Wiring Labeled 1.jpgWiring Labeled 1.jpg

Wiring Labeled 2.jpgWiring Labeled 2.jpg

Wiring Labeled 3.jpgWiring Labeled 3.jpg

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

You need to clip the zip ties, then all will be revealed. All wires can easily be disconnected and reconnected. When you're done, secure the bundle with new zip ties.

Thank you!

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just 4 big connectors. The small ones stay connected.

Thank you!

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It's been a while but I think I had to clip a large zip tie that had the knot of wires together. Not all the zip ties. Just 1 or 2.
When you put things back together you need to make sure the wire bundle is secured and out of the ball path in to the VUK in the back corner. As well as out of the way of the VUK itself. Redo zip ties if you need to.

Thank you!

1 week later
#2768 6 years ago

Sparky Are you making and selling that Apu mod shown in the pic you posted (post #2758)?

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

pinballbjb. No, it's available as a keychain, but I just removed the keychain and added a mounting bracket.
Look at this on eBay ebay.com link
I do sell the treehouse spotlight cover and I&S TV, though!

Thank you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2845 6 years ago

So, I got myself the repro of the Bart topper from the old Data East The Simpsons . Intention is to put it up as a topper on my The Simpsons Pinball Party . What's the Club consensus? Great idea? Or an unholy and sacriligious genetic splicing? In my defense, I did own the Data East Simpsons machine for several years back in the 90s.

Bart Topper (resized).JPGBart Topper (resized).JPG

#2851 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies Lermods Chalkey allsportdvd brainmegaphone Vader77 Will post a pic after I install it. Need to find some brackets and decide whether I want to light it as Lermods suggested. Probably will just go unlit at first to get it up there, then try to figure out lighting options.

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I do get blinking horizontal lines in the DMD. Sometimes it blacks out for a second. I've replaced the ribbon cable and cleaned the male fittings. Before I start replacing the male fittings to the DMD, does anyone have any other suggestions.

Yes - switch it out for a ColorDMD lcd unit.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe you prefer the original orange DMD look. Or maybe the ColorDMD isn't in the budget for you at the moment. I don't know how to troubleshoot your DMD beyond what you've done so far. I can though recommend the ColorDMD based on first-hand experience, if the cost of it isn't the issue.)

3 weeks later
#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have had our TSPP for about 4 months now; love the look of it, and the sound, it's a beauty, but the gameplay has still not "clicked" for me.
What am I missing? I'm still confused as to what I need to do on some games, still have fun banging the ball around; but feel like I'm not getting the most out of it.
What is the typical strategy for you guys on this pin?

Here's a link to Bowen's rule sheet on IPDB -- http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hey TSPP owners,
... I tried searching keywords in this thread but couldn't find answers to these.
1) The one I looked at last night had what appeared to be a lighter-than-normal coloring in the middle (grandpa Simpson, Family in car, surrounding artwork). I pulled up many photos and even knowing some photos are at the mercy of the camera, I think some of the blues and reds are lighter than others. I also wonder if the register is off more than normal. Please look at the comparisons below, not only in terms of color, but also in the registering of the color shapes vs. the position and boldness of the black outlines. Also zoom in on Lou and the Lard Lad donut for examples. Is this normal, or is this regarded as a poor quality PF?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yoko2una Somewhere way back in this thread there's extended discussion about the playfield colors. I know that you searched, and I don't know what keywords might get you there, but to sum it up, what you're seeing isn't unusual for this game. There are lots of units out there with coloring like what you're seeing.

4 weeks later
#3042 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

...In game, i barely can reach the garage with right flip, stuck at 91M

This guy has a broken right flipper and he still scores better than my best game ever on this machine.

I hang my head in shame...

4 weeks later
#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. Need your advice. Ive been presented with the opportunity for two pins. Afmr classic purchased new with color dmd upgrade, and a tspp, color.dmd. both are minty and at very fair prices. Ive heard great things about both. Love to hear your input. Thanks all

Both!!

If both isn't an option for you, my biased vote is for TSPP. IMHO a deeper game that offers more variety for the long-term. But wow you have a tough choice here. Really I don't think you can go wrong or be disappointed either way. Good luck!

1 year later
#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Going to be starting a shop out and plastic replacement within a week or two. For that reason all my old plastics will be going if anyone is looking for something specific let me know. They aren’t in amazing shape but better than broken or missing.

If someone is looking for new, or one you don't have, where did you get your replacements?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=pinballbjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.