(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6110 2 years ago

Why you little!!!

Just joined the club with this beauty. Bought it from the original owner who had purchased it for his kids. Unfortunately they weren't "pinball" aficionados, so while it's in beautiful condition, it will need a deep clean.

1. Does anyone have an LED guide? Could every bulb be replaced with a bright white? Would it look good?

2. Any particular "must have" mods? I know I definitely want the Duff Beer mod...

3. There are several side blades available. Anyone better than the other? I like the finish that Stern has been using on their latest blades. It's more of a durable/user friendly material vs a vinyl decal. Are any of you using something like this?

Cheers

TSPP1 (resized).jpgTSPP1 (resized).jpg
#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

There are as many opinions as there are bulbs in the world, but from what I have read and seen in pics, my plan is to replace every lamp with Comet 2SMD Frosted Warm White. That will look the most like the original incandescent, which is my preference. ("Sunlight" is a little cooler and their other white is the coolest. Curious about Sunlight but I know I hate cool white.) If I find I don't like how a particular spot looks I can address that with a different bulb.

Thx for your comment. Yep, I'm assuming the warm white will look pretty close to the original. I actually like the bright white and will go with that, but wondered if folks have added some hints of purple or blue. Any pics with such variations welcome!

#6135 2 years ago

Hey guys,

TSPP is definitely a fun game to mod as I've seen pictures of all your beautiful machines, but what about gameplay? What is a general strategy to the game? Ways to complete said strategy?

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

The core element of this game is stacking modes. You can stack the TV modes and even the mini-wizard modes. I would start with just trying to complete the TV modes and get to Alien Invasion, or by collecting all of the Otto doubles and play Springfield Mystery Spot--both of those will jump your score up quickly. Stacking Daredevil Mania to either of those will also likely complete that mini-wizard mode and tack on another 5m.

Thanks for the tips

#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I actually like normal bulbs under the ramps… I switched some to comet sunlight which looks great in the GI…. But under. The ramps, they they show up as a bright white dot…. Not sure it makes sense…. But try to look at it before you reassemble

Even the comet sunlight didn't look right under the ramps?

#6163 2 years ago

Does anyone have pics of their TSPP powder coated other than yellow or candy apple green? Has anyone tried purple? Maybe green and yellow are the best colors.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#6183 2 years ago

Does anyone have a donut shooting knob they’d like to sell?

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Hey all,
First time posting here after reading the colordmd posts. I purchased my earlier this year and it looks like it is v4.0. the Colordmd site says that it needs 5.0 so it looks like i need to update. Just to confirm what I’ve read, a color dmd mod is a must and it looks like LCD is preferred over LED, correct?
I also ordered the pingraffix side blades, which just arrived. It seems slightly blurry but not sure if that’s expected. Any thoughts?
Also, how often do you normally clean and wax the playfield?[quoted image]

I received a set of those side blades from pingrafix for Xmas and mine were also blurry. I said screw it and put them on, looks good other than the 2 areas I snagged when lowering my playfield. Oh well...

#6199 2 years ago

Are all TSPP on the clunky side? Compared to my other stern games, this one seems to be much louder. My lockbar does have some play, I'm wondering if I need some more weather stripping on it.

Cheers

#6220 2 years ago

On my tmnt I was able to turn down the power on my flippers and ball launch (from the trough). Is that possible on tspp? If so, I’m not seeing the adjustment. My ball launch is ejecting really hard. I’m still on the original software.

Thanks

1 week later
#6252 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi I removed the ramp to change them. Having said that… I do not like them led’d. I would leave them incandescent. I have comet sunlight in the rest of my GI. But under that ramp. I liked the original bulbs better. The led’s are just too visible as bulbs as opposed to just brightening it if that makes sense.

I second this…

1 month later
#6396 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had to make any adjustments to the gate on the couch ramp? I've had a few instances where I felt the gate angle kept my ball from making it all the way up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.