(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have been seriously contemplating selling mine unless I get talked out of it. The difficulty is just to much for me to tolerate, and the more I play it the less I enjoy it. At this point the theme and overall beauty of my machine are the only things that are making me hold onto it.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about my Ghostbusters.

2 weeks later
#2622 6 years ago

How drastic of an improvement over the stock speakers/sub on a TSPP are these Flipper Fidelity kits?

I don't necessarily like playing my game super loud. Usually keep it at 4. Are one of these kits still worth getting? Is it a MUST-HAVE like the color screen or OCDLED board?

#2627 6 years ago

Put an OCD-LED board in my TSPP. Very dramatic difference. LOVE IT.

What about the GI though? How much would I benefit from that $50 GIzmo board they sell? Am I going to notice a big difference?

#2632 6 years ago

On my TSPP, it seems like 75% of the time, when the ball gets kicked out of the Itchy & Scratchy hole, it goes right dead center between the flippers and drains.

This can't possibly be by design, can it? How can I adjust this?

1 week later
#2661 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

We are waiting to hear on the quality.

Yeah, I ordered the sling plastics from Russia. As soon as they come in, I'll post some good pics.

He's got this long piece too. I think he wants $40 + shipping.

#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Anyone have any LEDOCD tweaks specific to TSPP I should adjust?

^^^ THIS^^^

#2700 6 years ago

When I installed my LED OCD board on TSPP, is there really anything I need to configure on the software side?
It looked GREAT before I even hooked it up to my PC. Went in the software and selected the TSPP Profile, but it didn't seem to change anything.
Is there any further configuration that is necessary / recommended for TSPP with an LED OCD board?

1 week later
#2776 6 years ago

Hey Sparky would it be possible for me to take the TV out of my Ghostbusters and put it in TSPP? Maybe by swapping the SD card (or rewriting it)?

Would I need a different power adapter board or something?

#2778 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I could send you a new card. Might be the easiest. Would you need the TV model for TSPP to swap the display into?

Sending you a PM

1 week later
#2868 6 years ago

plastic gold right there!

IMG_0148 (resized).jpgIMG_0148 (resized).jpg

#2870 6 years ago

Nah, just an old picture I came across of a Stern factory tour from 2003.

3 weeks later
#2939 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is one title I would love to see Stern run as a vault edition

Don't hold your breath!

1 week later
#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’ve been a member of the club for a few days. What a great looking and playing game! Fortunately, mine generally works fine. I noticed, though, that machine seems to get confused with locked balls in the couch. The locked balls are not released in between balls or games. While balls often release one at a time to allow the next locked one in, the number of balls the machine thinks are locked is not consistent.
Sometimes, the first ball properly locked will trigger multiball if two others are already in there, though sometimes it will recognize it as ball one locked and release one to make room. One time, a locked ball triggered an endless ball search. The mechanism itself seems to work ok, and it functions fine in the switch test. Any idea what is going on? I’ve got the latest software installed. Thanks.

There's a setting for releasing ball locks between games. Make sure that is off. Also, sometimes, when you hit the garage, the 'mystery award' you get is an 'award lock', which is a virtual ball lock. Therefore, if you lock your first ball on the couch, then shoot the garage and get the 'award lock', the next time you shoot the couch, its gonna trigger your multiball even though you only have 2 balls up there. Or, in a similar scenario, it could make it seem like 2 balls are locked when you only have one ball up there. This confused me for a while and I thought something was broken. Could THAT be what's happening?

#3008 6 years ago

Agree LED is too bright.
But I keep my LCD in XL-DOTS mode. Just feels right.

#3011 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey crew.. about to join the club. Realizing there is a crazy amount of mods for the game, I need some help on what to get first..
1. Color DMD - On it's way
2. LED's - is this a good second option?
3. LED OCD?
4. ?

Been in 'the club' for a few months. Upgrading the DMD and LEDs (including the OCD board) is all you really NEEEEED to do to this game! Sparky's TV mod is nice, though.

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

COol.. sounds like I'm on the right track... Help me out-- if I get the sparky TV mod, I could upload all of the itchy and scratchy episodes to it and they would just play?

I don't know about ALL of the I&S episodes...that little device has some memory limitations. Talk to Sparky , I'm sure he has more info.

1 month later
#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

When I decide to get rid of my GOTG, I'm hoping to join this club. This game is so great.

Sincerely hope to see you in the club someday!
A Waspinator TSPP stream would be awesome.

1 week later
#3164 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Just curious, and no offense to the guy, but has anyone actually ordered and received stuff from the guy in Russia that sells the plastics?
Also I was wondering if anyone is making a ramp set or single pieces of the orange plastic ramps?
Thanks! Mike

I bought a few pieces from the Russian, and they were great quality, so I went back and ordered some more. They are clearly reproductions, but they are well made and I dare say almost look BETTER than the printing method used on the original pieces I was replacing.

#3185 6 years ago

OCD is definitely a must have in TSPP. Day One upgrade for me when I bought this title. You can ALWAYS tell right away when someone doesn’t have it.

2 weeks later
#3242 6 years ago

I connected my TSPP to an external sub and was very happy with the results. Not quite sure what improvements are going to be heard with upgraded backbox speakers. The audio on TSPP suffers from pretty lossy compression, and better speakers aren't going to change that. Very curious to see what could be done with a Pinsound board, though!

#3266 6 years ago

Sometimes, when the ball goes behind the TV to start a mode, it takes the game a good 4 or 5 full seconds to realize the ball is back there and start the mode. Happening more frequently lately. Anyone ever experience this? Is a switch failing? It always EVENTUALLY starts the mode, but sometimes it takes a good 4 or 5 seconds.

4 weeks later
#3309 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

You're under arrest!
For whaat?
Hoarding Pinballs!

We'll see about THAT. Come on!!!

1 week later
#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

What is the best setup/adjustment for a bar location, Im trying to make the games last longer with more ball saves, what best setup?

Maybe increase the amount of "Freeze Time", which is the ball save at the beginning of a turn.

1 week later
#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Anybody know where I can get the clear plastic that goes over the top of the right orbit? Do I need it?

Probably the ONLY easily obtained replacement plastics for TSPP.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_19&products_id=305&zenid=4929c9f507355b598ec0039deb2dffc8

1 month later
#3409 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Also I think you need the itchy and scratch one. Can't remember who makes that.

Pinbits.com

6 months later
#3669 5 years ago

My balls recently started getting stuck in the garage. This happened once before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. Do I just need to remove the upper playfield and make sure all the wires are out of the way?
Why did they design it like this?

2 weeks later
#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How do you connect 2 games to 1 sub?

If the sub has multiple inputs, use the speaker wire inputs for one game, and the RCA plugs for another.

#3729 5 years ago

My balls keep getting stuck in the garage! I've removed the upper playfield and tried to tighten up all the wires underneath it several times. Nothing seems to help. Waaaaaaah!!!!!

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stuck where in the garage? On the ramp or the VUK?

Balls are getting stuck on the damn ramp. Just can't quite figure out which bundles of wires to adjust in order to get the clearance I need.

1 week later
#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

I had this issue and posted a fix in post #3037. If u pull off the upper playfield there is a screw and long spacer coming down from the very top left of the upper pf. I don’t know why because it was not holding anything together, maybe to slow ball down? No idea. After several nights of frustration, removing this 1 screw did the trick. No problem since...

Thank you so much! Gonna try this today.

5 months later
#4085 4 years ago

Look for a worn out Krusty hole.

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Well the hole is really the itchy and scratchy hole. But that doesn't really sound any better.

THAT'S what I was trying to think of!!! I was close....give me some credit.

1 month later
#4192 4 years ago

Protect those precious plastic garage ramps, people! They ain't exactly easy to replace.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Also, is that image of the pro model? My game looks different. I have an upper pf.

I don't think Stern used to make different models like they do now. ALL TSPPs have the upper playfield. There's no such thing as a TSPP Pro, Premium, or Limited. They're all the same. It was a simpler time.

1 week later
#4220 4 years ago

I can confirm the original cab was direct print. No decals.

3 weeks later
#4253 4 years ago

Agree...ColorDMD is a must. Skip the shaker.
If the game has LEDs, an OCD board is also a must, in my opinion.

3 months later
#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Joe Balcer asked if I could find him a set of NOS or repro plastics. I don't even know if they made a repro set.
Anyone able to hook Joe up?
He also said he's got some "cool shit" to trade. I'd have to find out exactly what said "cool shit" is.

I've seen the Russians sell them on eBay from time to time.

#4581 4 years ago

Yup. I bought a few TSPP plastics from the Russians.....the slingshot Duff girls, and that really long one on the right side.

Color was nearly identical to the originals. But yes, the resolution was different. It was actually BETTER than the originals, which were printed with that CMYK halftone dot process. The Russian repros are a lot nicer and cleaner looking. I would have been very happy to replace my plastics with a full set.

Check out these pics from a a few years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/28#post-3181892

2 months later
#4757 4 years ago

I still have issues with balls getting stuck in the garage. I've taken the upper playfield off a hundred times and tried my best to ziptie those wires together and out of the way. It usually plays great for a dozen games, and then the balls start getting stuck again.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Could be the clear plastic shield dropped down and causes ball drag?

Clear plastic shield?

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Going off of memory, but there's a piece of clear plastic on the underside of the upper PF.
Anyway, what about the gate at the front of the garage? Is that binding, perhaps? Could hold the garage door up and roll some balls through to test.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yes, there is a plastic shield attached to the underside of the upper playfield.

Yikes. Mine definitely doesn't have a plastic shield. Is this a generic or readily available part? Or is this a game specific plastic piece?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.