(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3545 5 years ago

Just got a TSPP last weekend after searching for about a year. I've got everything working great except for the I&S kickout, just looking for advice on getting it set up to hit the left flipper every time.

Pitch is sitting at about 7.5 degrees and right now I am at about 95% kickouts to left flipper... unfortunately, the other 5% go SDTM or off a post and towards the left outlane. Is this a reasonable percentage or should I be able to get 100% success? I've tried replacing the sleeve, cleaning the mech, tightening it down and aligning it as far left as possible, removing the pinbits clear protector that was installed by the previous owner. Still can't seem to avoid the odd SDTM.

There seems to be a small divot on the underside of the metal ball deflector piece where the ball hits the metal, would this cause a small variance such as I am experiencing?

I'm sure this has been discussed in the club before but this is a huge thread and any input is appreciated.

#3548 5 years ago

Thanks, I will try changing the pitch to 6.5 degrees, see if that helps. Also, I believe LOTR has the same deflector so I can borrow that one temporarily and see if swapping it out helps.

2 months later
#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Default on ball save is "AUTO". [quoted image]

Wait, what?

My physical manual lists default as OFF.

#3610 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Got to Pretzel MB, but had no idea what I was doing, then pinball happened and all the balls pretty much drained at the same time.
Is Pretzel a completable mode?
Also, for AI, do you drop down a level if you drain even one ball? I've been to the third level (lock 4 balls) but after locking 3, I didn't see any lit inserts.
Do you have to get couch locks in this mode, or can you just hit other shots? Otto usually seems to be lit.
I've had the game a week or two, and although I find the game confusing as hell, it's still pretty fun to shoot!

Sounds like you haven't read the rulesheet. Start there.

3 weeks later
#3696 5 years ago

TSPP is a very long playing game and does not need a ball save.

It has a very difficult wizard mode that will take years to achieve, even for top players. Personally, I would not nerf my machine after one month because I did not make it to SDMEWM. But, to each their own.

2 weeks later
#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Has anyone had any issues with the Itchy and Scratchy coil launching directly into the drain? Mine launches directly into the drain 90% of the time. Sometimes I can bump it so it doesn't go right between the flippers, but more often than not it's an instant drain. I've tried cleaning the coil and making sure the mounting is tight, but I'm not sure what else to check.

Try bending the small metal ball deflector. That's what I had to do, after all else had failed.

2 months later
#3882 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think this isagreat game, I just wish the wizard mode was in reach like LOTR.
Definitely not easy to reach Valinor, but in time, it's possible.
For TSPP, I honestly don't think 99.9% of us will ever finish it. Thesupwe jackpots alone are ridiculous.
Had the code been changed to give more of a chance to reach SDMEWM, I'd put this in the top 10.

It's not that much harder. LOTR requires a perfectly timed DTR to reach Valinor, TSPP does not care about timing.

5 supers isn't that ridiculous, play a couple of multiballs and you should be near 5.

Plenty of other modes to play and things to shoot for too, optional depth is not a reason to slag a machine.

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I dunno... Having to complete all 6 modes, plus collecting the super jackpots makes this a near impossible task.
I would say Alien Invasion is tougher than ROTK, and in LOTR, if you get that, and you're having a good game, you can get close.

Alien invasion is definitely, by far, the hardest part to complete.

3 weeks later
#3903 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

1. How can I make the game release all the ball from couch? Is it any setting I need to be aware of?

Feature adjustment 35, set to NEVER

2 weeks later
#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Yeah I've got the Pi-SIM also. Despite every switch seemingly working fine, sometimes the flippers on the top playfield don't work despite the ball being up there. I need to do some checking me thinks. At least the lights behind the towers on the backbox art still work.

Hate this mod for this reason.

Was playing in a tourny in Toronto a while back, and this mod failed during the middle of the game. Had a huge points lead, but we had to stop playing it and move to another game. Worst. Mod. Ever.

2 weeks later
#4004 5 years ago

New GC for me tonight, 491M.

Completed Secret Stash, Daredevil Mania, Scratchy's Revenge and had 7 SJPs.

Did not complete Mystery Spot or Alien Invasion, played both twice.

Finished Mystery Spot last night in a separate game, but have never finished Alien Invasion.

Getting close.

2 weeks later
#4030 5 years ago

Beat Alien Invasion today!

First time ever... I have now done all of the things for SDMEWM... just gotta do it all in one game.

3 years later
#6523 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

1st couch
2nd Otto
3rd Itchy Scratchy
4rth Upper PF loop
where is the 5th one? is it the VUK?

Garage works for the final one of any stage.

#6531 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I’d say is humanly impossible to get to the final wizard mode.

It's really not that bad. Been close many times, just can't seem to beat mystery spot very often, damn reverse flippers.

#6537 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Have you tried swapping your hands? That's what Jack did on his streamed 250M game and it worked pretty well for him. Never would have thought of that.

Only every single time lol. That's the only way to play reverse flippers modes with any type of success.

1 month later
#6575 1 year ago

Check the display roms on the dmd control board, make sure the chip is seated properly and has a good connection.

3 months later
#6696 1 year ago

Original rubber for home use games. All other kinds of rubber play differently. Even if those differences are slight, they do exist.

Gameplay > Aesthetics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=maken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.