(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2334 7 years ago

How difficult or often is the reverse flipper mystery spot seen by casual players? Just curious if guests ever get to it or if it's really difficult.

#2337 7 years ago

That's what I was hoping. I just think guests would love the reverse flippers among other modes as well.

#2341 7 years ago

So what settings in the menu or other set up changes make the modes easier to get to such as mystery spot?

#2361 7 years ago

So replacement TV's aren't available? What happens if one goes bad? Are they repairable?

#2364 7 years ago

I'm very curious on the easiest way to get mystery spot so guests could have a chance.

#2377 7 years ago

I'm picking up a huo TSPP this weekend finally!! Where can I get plastic protectors and the town side blades? Also, are the ramp cliffys available anywhere to and is there anything else I should get to protect the playfield? Thanks. I can't wait.

#2379 7 years ago

Those look great. Thanks. Anybody do the ramp protectors now. I found the art blade decals to. Thanks

#2388 7 years ago

Are the ramp cliffys a must, or how many guys have actually seen cracked huo ramps?

#2391 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll probably hold off on cliffys then. I found the side blades on eBay I wanted, and ordered Indy's plastic protectors. Anything else highly recommended to protect this game?

#2404 7 years ago

Just joined the club. Learning the game at this point. I'm trying to figure fastest way to mystery spot. Great game!

#2405 7 years ago

What a great game. The ball rolls off the right side of habit trail often and falls into the outlane. Is this typical or is there a fix? I think I'm pretty level. Otherwise it plays great.

#2408 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Fastest way to Mystery Spot is to have the Otto setting at Extra Easy. This eliminates the need to hit the Otto stand-up target. Hit the Otto school bus lane 11 times to start. On the 10th shot, you'll know it's ready because Professor Frink will say something about the Mystery Spot.

That's how I have it set now just so casual players have a chance to see this mode. I need to find a manual so I can find what all the settings actually do. Such a fun game to strategize for.

#2411 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The manual is downloadable from IPDB

Thanks. I need it.

#2414 7 years ago

Do most of you guys mylar around the start button on TSPP? Obviously a weak area usually worn out, so I was wondering if I should on my huo one to be safe, or if it's not worth messing with.

#2421 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

No error displayed

Yep its a buzzing noise when holding the left flipper down

Mine has a slight buzz to. My metallica had it bad. I ran zip ties around the bracket of flipper and that stopped it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2424 7 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

But more importantly, sorry if this is a 'noob' question. The game makes a very loud screeching noise at random times. I haven't noticed a pattern for when it occurs, but its really loud. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions?

Probably the knocker sound after winning a free game. Go to settings and turn knocker on/off. I can't stand the screeching knocker sound stern uses.

#2442 6 years ago

I agree with dontfeed. Try one first. I love my Metallica pro also, and just got a tspp a couple weeks ago. Two totally different games. I lean towards the Simpsons style of play trying to get through modes and stories. The two would compliment each other very well for a change of pace. Again try one, watch YouTube videos and then yes, buy one. My whole family loves our tspp.

#2453 6 years ago

I set mine to release balls after each game. It's too easy otherwise Imo. I'm loving my new tspp. Highly recommend.

3 weeks later
#2515 6 years ago

Moving it in means to shorten the gap the ball has to go through. Move the post down all the way on left side. On right side, you can spread them apart further if you want it to be easier possibly allowing a ball to bounce to shooter lane instead of draining

#2524 6 years ago

I've actually been curious what the factory setting was for the right side out lane posts?

1 week later
#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Anyone get the ball stuck here on the upper play field frequently (nearly every game.). Any suggestions on what to do to resolve? See photo!

How the? Never. I'd stick a small adhesive rubber footing there. You know, like the little rubber feet that go on the bottom of shelf speakers.

1 week later
#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Why,why,why is this game so stingy when it comes to constellation balls?!?!? None of my other stern machines are like this!!!

Star wars will probably be better for constellation balls. Tspp can be set easier for consolation balls though. Lol. Just kidding.

2 weeks later
#2573 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have been seriously contemplating selling mine unless I get talked out of it. The difficulty is just to much for me to tolerate, and the more I play it the less I enjoy it. At this point the theme and overall beauty of my machine are the only things that are making me hold onto it.

A machine that's too easy gets stale fast though. Imo, tspp is an easier game, but it's really deep that it always offers new objectives. Are you familiar with your goals on it, or what to do? If not, then watch videos to learn the rules. That said, if a game just isn't fun anymore, then it's ok to move onto something else.

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I love mine but was surprised to find most of my friends hated it and thought it was too hard!?!? I set it to easy mode, increased ball save time and decreased the slope a little and now they're coming around!!
The color pin2dmd is AMAZING in this one, btw... so worth it.

That's exactly what I did to in order to make it more fun for my friends. They get to mystery spot, and they love it. I can get to alien invasion once in a while, and even some non pin friends have come close.

#2586 6 years ago

Definitely have to cross arms and man up. It's weird at first, but after a couple times playing it, it's pretty easy and fun imo.

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

The goals and objectives are simple to understand so that isn't the issues. It just seems like you get only 100 points each for everything that you hit. I have long game times but in the end still can't even get close to putting my initials up in 4th place. Out of all of my collection this is the only machine that I can't get my initials on and I've spent the last three months playing it almost daily.

What score will it take to get on the board?

3 weeks later
#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So I just got a brief flash of treehouse of horror with Flanders in a devil costume. What does that mean??

I always wondered this to.

4 months later
#3167 6 years ago

My vuk switch in the garage keeps bending and not working. Anyone know exactly which switch to replace and where to get it? I know it's the horseshoe looking blade, but didn't know if they come in different sizes. Thanks

#3173 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I got one coming. Is this a common problem on tspp? I've only owned mine since early summer.

2 weeks later
#3237 6 years ago

I enjoy playing mine, but only now and then. Games are too long, but I want to get further. Anytime I consider selling mine, I just can't. It's fun, and it's a favorite among guests. It's different than most games. It rarely has a one more feel, but the long crazy games fill the need well. I have other shorter playing games for the one more feel if that's what I'm in the mood for. I would like get a lotr, but I'm concerned I would play it once in awhile for the same reasons. Tspp is a great game, and is great for providing a different style of game play compared to what most current games offer.

3 months later
#3426 6 years ago

Looks great man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 18.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.