(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,252 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#281 10 years ago

TSPP is SO easy to shop. That mini comes of really easy, a few connectors and 3 thumb screws. All the ramps are straightforward. As a new owner, order 2 or 3 of these with your next pinball life order:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=197

Just leave them in your cab, you WILL need them.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I am joining this group today. Found one locally from a non-collector at a bargain. Machine appears to be HUO and is in dirty, but in otherwise pristine condition from what I can see.

#284 10 years ago

Once the switch starts failing and you have to bend it, it's day are numbered. My last one lasted about 2 weeks once I had to adjust it.

However, the new switch I had to bend, but that seems to be going the distance. Once they start failing though....

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Thanks for the link, i just had to bend mine up a bit to keep it working and was going to have to look this up so i could order some.

#296 10 years ago

I think the treehouse shot is one of the hardest shots in pinball. It helps if you have a nice strong flipper. Actually, HUO or not, I'd rebuild them all.

Quoted from Lermods:

You mean the treehouse shot? It's the toughest shot in the game. Much easier to make the penguin loop in RBION

#299 10 years ago

If you don't have the cliffy that goes on the garage door ramp, you might want to order that and wait to pull the mini until you have it.

If your ramp isn't broken, I would get the cliffy on it ASAP.

Quoted from domijr:

I'm going to remove the upper playfield tomorrow to have a look.

2 years later
#1821 7 years ago

I'd take those plastic leg "protectors" off ASAP. They do a lot more harm than good.

Use the felt protectors or even better the little metal stern new style leg protectors.

Quoted from Deafcon:

cabinet protectors

1 week later
#1869 7 years ago

Funny, I'd agree with you 90% of the time on the LED issue. But, on this game, I'm going to install LED's. LED's work well with small inserts, which this game has a lot of (LEDs are not good at dispersing the light like incandescents). Also, LEDs are great with color, this game has a lot of that. But the main reason, this game has a lot of small inserts that are lit solid for long periods of time. I have a seen a couple TSPP's with chipped inserts, I don't want my inserts heating up that much.

Quoted from awarner:

Anyone agree with me (there's GOT to be at least one person)?

#1871 7 years ago

$138 shipped. Thanks for the idea.

#1914 7 years ago

Yah, but the cost of the mod, plus another $300 to reduce the glare from the mod? That's crazy steep. Otherwise a $20 DMD glare guard would do for this game.

Quoted from gweempose:

Both products will absolutely help reduce the intensity of the reflection.

#1944 7 years ago

The game wasn't produced with decals, the art was screened onto the cab. There are no official replacement decals, they don't exist. There are some people selling bootleg decals, but they look bad as the characters in the back ground aren't shaded correctly. Unless the outside is a total mess, I would just leave it as is.

Quoted from atwong:

Where would you go to buy replacements if you can?

#1966 7 years ago

Wear on the cab near the flipper buttons or start button as well.

Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I am going to be looking at a huo TSPP next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any game specifics i should be looking for, like wear areas and such?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

1 week later
#2004 7 years ago

This is not normal behavior.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

My machine dumps the balls when the new game starts even if the setting is to save them.

#2009 7 years ago

Get a business card, put it between the contacts. Hold the contacts closed, pull out business card. Rinse and repeat 2 or 3 times.

Quoted from atwong:

What does everyone use to clean the pad that scores the skill shot comic book guy. When I make the hit, it's not registering. I'm thinking it's a dirty contact. I was thinking of spraying it with Electrical Contact Cleaner but I don't see anyone posting with product. Thanks!

1 week later
#2053 7 years ago

Doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. Could be someone offered more between getting your email and calling you back.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There was one on cl locally for 3k but that turned out to be a fake ad. He answered my email asking for my phone number and never called back. Why not just email me his phone number?

1 week later
#2072 7 years ago

$2,000. With no other info, and the obvious fact that this game has been played a ton, I'd expect battery corrosion. Also, it's pretty easy to spend $600 on TSPP if your figures can't be cleaned well, ramps broken, 5 flippers to rebuild....

Quoted from Bugsy:

What price would you put on this game? I don't have much info on it other than these few low res pics. But as you can see, at least one side has pretty sever flipper button wear, so I'm guessing there is at least wear on the other button, and probably on the start button.

#2074 7 years ago

You haven't pulled games out of some of the places I've pulled games out from. I owned a TSPP where the figures wouldn't clean up no matter what I did. The game had raised inserts, lots of the inserts are small and on for long periods of time. Rebuilding 5 flippers is a pain in the ass. The ramp under the garage is cracked, and probably another severely based on that flipper wear. And the flipper wear, can't fix that. How much is a replacement MPU the one that might be soaked in battery acid.

As is, no info, based on what I see I assume the game has all those issues. With missing information it's better safe than sorry.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I can't imagine how trashed a TSPP would have to be to get a seller to consider $2,000 as a reasonable offer. If it was even a low-end player's machine you could get by with more like $100 worth of parts to get it up to being satisfactory--unless the ramps were shattered to pieces you could ignore them if it's best-case scenario is to be a decent player after going over it. Dirty figures? Take a rag and some cleaner to them...or maybe a magic eraser for spot cleaning them. Sure, check the boards and make sure those look to be in good shape because THAT'S where it could get near $600 if they are non-working.

#2080 7 years ago

Anyone install the garage door Cliffy and notice fewer "makes" on the garage door shot? I might be crazy, but I think that ever since I installed the Cliffy on the garage door ramp, (which was not broken) the shot ends up going to the Cletus orbit a little more often.

Quoted from mavantix:

3. Cliffys, especially on the garage door ramp, the lip in there is fragile

#2086 7 years ago

Things to do to a newly picked up HUO (or not) TSPP:

-Clear flipper button protectors
-Mylar over the paint in the shooter lane
-Mylar the ball drops
-(Was this one of the games where some versions had pop mylar and some didn't?)
-Clear Itchy and Scratchy protector
-Cliffy's for the main and side ramp + garage door ramp under the mini
-Update the EEPROMS to the latest version
-Remote battery holder or NVRAM

#2146 7 years ago

Some do, some don't. Normal.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else have these 2 small holes in their playfield?

2 weeks later
#2173 7 years ago

Is the game resetting / rebooting, or just those symptoms?

Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I own a TSPP. Recently my game has started randomly displaying a Checksum $F0FF code during attract mode. At the same time a "beep" is made and the TV display says "TEST". I installed a Color DMD roughly a year ago and haven't had any trouble since then. Not that familiar with diagnosing codes on this era of Stern machines. I'm curious if any other owners had have similar experiences. Game seems to play fine, doesn't seem to matter if I reboot the game. The beep is the annoying part.

1 week later
#2189 7 years ago

In a small collection, next to TSPP, I would pick something fast and flowy. SM, ACDC, Getaway, RZ come to mind.

For $2Kish, Getaway, DM, JD, Shadow

Quoted from Monk:

What has everyone found to be a good compliment game to TSPP? I have room for two games and right now it's TSPP and TMNT. I actually like TMNT, but am looking for a bit of an upgrade. The price range is around the $2,000 and my first thought is a T2. What have you all found to be a good sidekick game for TSPP in that price range?

#2192 7 years ago

I just picked up a Sopranos and it's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend Ripley's, It's too stop and go, I'd put a fast game next a TSPP in a two game collection.

Quoted from Lermods:

Bump up to 3k range and you can start to look for sopranos or rbion,.

I personally think Metallica is an awful game

Quoted from Monk:

but if I had that kind of funding I would pick up a Metallica Pro immediately.

#2200 7 years ago

I don't agree. TSPP can already go 30+ minutes a game, think he should get a game that can be played a bit quicker. LOTR is also a game with extremely long ball times.

Quoted from RVApinballer:

Lord of the Rings is the best companion!
Well not the only choice but it's a good one.

#2207 7 years ago

With LEDs, this game is probably the best candidate for LEDOCD. There are so many fade effects, LEDOCD helps the game restore the light show it shipped with after installing LEDs.

Quoted from meSz:

Apologies if this has been posted before but if it has and you can direct me .... great!
Looking to LED the inserts and want to know
A. where people order their LEDs from (thinking of Comet)
B. does anyone have a list of colors and numbers of LEDs ordered?

2 weeks later
#2228 7 years ago

If there is no code in the game to trigger the shaker, adding a shaker is dumb. Sometimes people will connect them to flashers or something else, but without discrete shaker code it's a waste of time.

Quoted from TimberOne:

Has anyone added a shaker?

1 week later
#2246 7 years ago

Put the game in test mode. Press a switch on your list, what happens?

Could be a short, or 100 other things.

Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Getting a message in my diagnostics of possible broken switches.
#38 couch lock
#34 upper lock standup
#39 couch lock mid
#40 couch lock top
#52 pop side stand up
#57 left out lane
Anybody have a resource so I can see how to fix those messages? Any help is appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 218.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 12.95
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.