(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5209 3 years ago

Hi all,

Just picked up TSPP over the weekend....got everything working but wondering if anyone knows why this board is in here? Also, appears there is a wire connector ready for this. IMG_3309 (resized).JPGIMG_3309 (resized).JPG I've seen a few pics of other machines and don't see this in the back box. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

#5211 3 years ago

Boom! I think you are right and makes sense. Thanks for solving the mystery. Much appreciated.

#5214 3 years ago

Hi all,
I have an issue that is now haunting me. Upper right flipper coil engaged when turning on. I replaced the coil just in case (although nothing checked out wrong with the original). I replaced the transistor (Q14). Did not fix the issue. With the driver board out of the machine I'm still getting a ground at the specific connector pin for this particular flipper so its likely before the transistor. What else can I check?
Greg

#5215 3 years ago

Hi all. I just gave the machine LEDs and a deep cleaning and can’t figure out where this plastic #29 goes. Any help would be Appreciated.

0A5CFB02-05C2-413B-AEF4-420844D9CA4B (resized).jpeg0A5CFB02-05C2-413B-AEF4-420844D9CA4B (resized).jpeg
#5219 3 years ago

Thank you. I didn’t realize that was in the Manual! Awesome.

#5242 3 years ago

Can someone please detail the proper behavior of the couch release? What I'm getting is on multiball, 2 balls release quickly....then the third. I have a feeling this is not right with each dropping a few seconds between. Also, if I have 2 balls locked...and a third goes in (with no lock yet on)...2 balls drop (instead of 1). I have been playing with this for a while now. I installed the support behind the coil as well as the nylon bushing. All seems smooth.

Thanks,
Greg

#5244 3 years ago

Thanks for the post. It’s about half way and the bracket seems tight. Wonder if the spring is a little loose and not returning the rod quick enough after ejecting each ball.

23D54F63-C933-4813-9407-BE7576627AC0 (resized).jpeg23D54F63-C933-4813-9407-BE7576627AC0 (resized).jpeg
#5245 3 years ago

Just did the test a few times. The coil definitely holds open too long and another ball goes through quickly. If I change coil power to soft it works fine. Not sure I should leave it that way though as it may effect other things.

Edit: Nope.....I couldn't even get a ball to load using the soft setting.

#5247 3 years ago

Fixed it. I bent the black piece back a little bit....(the part on the Bottom of the pic holding front of ball) and this did the trick. Thanks!

1 month later
#5287 3 years ago

I added the garage cliffy and now I have the issue of not being able to get it in the living room. It’s way more of a challenge with it. I need to check on this further as well. With a hundred years of episodes I’m not sure why they didn’t just pull some Marge and Lisa content from there. Still a great game for sure.

#5294 3 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

My pin is officially colored! For those that don’t have a colordmd, this mod is a MUST!
[quoted image]

Totally agree. I think I need those speaker LEDs. I like that.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

When you removed the upper playfield did you potentially leave wires or something in the way?
To your last comment about the voices - licensing rights can be funny and there is a strong possibility that the voices in the show can't contractually be used in any other product without further consent or payment to the actors. It can also be that someone "else" owns the TV script/show/production and would need to consent to that being reproduced as well. Multiple hands out for money and approval rights (which can hold up a game) mean "stay away" and do something differently. So it would not (legally) be as simple as moving the sound clips from a DVD copy over to a pinball game.

May have another look......yeah I guess you are right regarding the licensing. Probably would end up just costing way more.

Edit: I bent the garage cliffy down a little bit.. I also added a piece of mylar between the plastic ramp and the metal cliffy. I did this because the plastic ramp was so broken in this spot and the ball would hang up. Works better then before now.

#5297 3 years ago

Just realized super pops target/switch is not working. Anything simple to check? no matter how much I push the switch it doesn't work. Hoping its something simple.

#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Did you look at the switch underneath the playfield to see if anything is disconnected/broken off? I forget off the top of my head if these have diodes or not but checking how the switch is (or is not) wired is step #1.
The other thing to do is connect your multimeter to the switch ends and see if you get a beep when you close the switch. That tells you if the switch is mechanically working.
Chances are it is a physical issue with the switch (wiring or otherwise not making contact). You should rule those things out before looking at anything else in the game that might be causing this.

Thanks for the response. All looks ok with the wires and such. Good tips here. Will check this out and report back.

1 year later
#6214 2 years ago

Can someone explain to me what the EOS switch on the flipper does on these machines (and all Sterns)? I realize mine wasn't set correctly and opening and I don't see a difference in performance of the flipper.

#6217 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I believe it switches it from high power to low power. You'll eventually burn up the coil and shrink the coil sleeve if you don't fix it.

OK I get it now. Thanks. I already fixed it. The Williams machines have the 2 coils in 1 (3 wire coils) to do just that but Stern went about it differently by lowering the voltage. That is where I was confused. I figured if the button was held, the CPU would know and lower the voltage.

Interesting that the upper flipper doesn't have the EOS....guess it's a weaker coil.

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

On Stern games (and all Sega, and later DE games with the TY-FFASI flipper board), the electronics re-kick the flipper (hard) when the EOS switch is opened and the flipper button is being held. That is, there's a timed initial hard kick, followed by the "hold" voltage; if the EOS switch indicates the flipper is not at the end of its stroke, the electronics will re-apply the oomph.
This fixes an issue where there's a kicker that fires the ball at the flipper (which is why they added this switch on DE Jurassic Park). If this switch is not working, a fast-moving ball will drop the flipper, and it will rise slowly if at all, because the electronics are only applying the hold voltage. (if I got the operation of the EOS switch backwards, my point stands, I just don't remember which state is normal.)
For all of the upper flippers on Simpsons, there is no EOS switch, and that's fine, since those flippers are not likely to get held up and face fast-moving balls.

Thanks for this explanation. Makes sense now!

#6221 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

On my tmnt I was able to turn down the power on my flippers and ball launch (from the trough). Is that possible on tspp? If so, I’m not seeing the adjustment. My ball launch is ejecting really hard. I’m still on the original software.
Thanks

It's all coils or nothing. On some older Sterns where you are not able to adjust individual coils, I change the power to "low" instead of "normal". Sometimes this works and sometimes this doesn't. On one of my machines it didn't have enough power to put a ball in the shooter lane. You can try experimenting. This adjustment is primarily used if you have house voltage that is either too low or high. (someone can correct me if I'm wrong here)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.