(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4377 4 years ago

I just joined the club! Simpsons next to TWD looks a little odd but I'll deal with it! Lol.

IMG_20190919_204313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190919_204313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190919_214540 (resized).jpgIMG_20190919_214540 (resized).jpg
#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice setup. We share 3 out of 4 pins and the fourth is with us both a music pin. You IM and me AcDc
Are you my long lost brother ?

Maybe not brother, but I do have a lot of relatives in Europe, so.... distant cousin???

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

When I was playing a few games after the fix, I noticed on one of my games I got 2 balls on the couch, and the balls didn't come off the couch after the game was over. Might be another problem to look into...another day!

By default, the couch keeps the balls between games - but not between powering the machine off and on. I experienced that firsthand last weekend.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Interesting. I wonder what the rationale is on wanting to keep the balls on the couch from a player's or operator's perspective. This makes sense now, as I just recently upgraded my version to 5.0, so that probably brought everything back to factory settings.

Yeah, I found it weird as well -- Metallica doesn't do that with the physical ball lock....

What version did you upgrade from? I just joined the club, and have v4. I'm thinking I should probably find a v5 ROM (I think I need game and display), but not sure how hard it is to pop the old ROM chip off.

1 week later
#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It is a tough shot. I nudge the machine forward while making the shot and the extra oomph seems to help

I don't have a problem with it. Just need the ball to the end of each flipper before shooting. Sounds like mine is setup well

#4477 4 years ago

I was one shot away from Alien Invasion.... Argh, so close! Loving the game though, glad I picked it up!

#4478 4 years ago

Oh,nqueation about locking the ball in the couch - after getting my first couch multiball, it seems I have to do something to tenable the ability to lock the ball - otherwise when you make the shot, it just spits it out. What am I aiming for to re-enable the lock?

3 weeks later
#4557 4 years ago

It's cleaning up nicely! Congrats!

4 weeks later
#4616 4 years ago

I've only had it for a month or so, but I can't get more than 35m... I suck.

1 month later
#4678 4 years ago

Based on the prices I was seeing when shopping for one last year, that feels really low. Great price if you can get it though!

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pricing for this game is all over the place, but typically between 4500 and 5500. I suggested the lower end because the game has been sitting for years unplayed with unknowns. if you've got battery issues, that's going to cost you a few hundred to replace. if you know the game works 100%, you'd be around $5k +/- a few hundred. there are a lot of these games out there so supply is not an issue and higher priced games tend to sit. check the code version, if it's original code with low plays, and it works, you've got a more valuable game. there are a few being listed for $6k+ I see, those will likely sit.

Good point, I didn't look at whether they sold in the listings... I picked one up a few months ago for 5k, but it has a ColorDMD so the 4500 makes sense now that I think about it more.

3 weeks later
#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Trying to upgrade from 4 to 5 rom. Can someone confirm if it’s two EPROMs or one? I ordered this from Marco and want to ensure I have everything I need.
ame Qty Price Subtotal
Subtotal $15.00
Shipping $8.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $23.99
SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY U210 EPROM 5.00 1 $15.00

You need both the U210 and the display ROM. The display ROM goes on the back of the DMD -- took me a few minutes to figure that out when I upgraded last month.

1 month later
#4849 4 years ago

I'm going to replace the rubbers in my game but have a question. I bought the kit from Marcos, but the black posts are thicker and shorter in the kit and are rubber vs a hard plastic. Is that going to make much of a difference? The plastic posts in my game are chipping away so I can't really play until I replace.

Followup question: the broken ones come off the post fine, but the non broken ones don't. Any tricks for getting them off the post, aside from breaking them? Lol

20200309_174639 (resized).jpg20200309_174639 (resized).jpg20200309_175205 (resized).jpg20200309_175205 (resized).jpg

#4850 4 years ago

Looks like I must need the piece that isn't in the kit. Not sure if it said that when I ordered and I just missed it (probably) or what, but I guess I need these:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5308-00-65

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You can use the shorter ones but you may not like the look.
I use a small flat blade screw driver or needle nose pliers to remove the post rubbers.

Thanks, I'll try that! And at the very least I can just the shorter ones temporarily until I order the taller ones I guess...

1 month later
#4936 3 years ago

I got my highest score ever last week... a whopping 42M.... :/

1 week later
#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]
Got the new blades in. Pin is officially done and ready for enjoyment.

How hard are the blades to put on? I've never done it before. In assume you have to take the playfield out?

#4943 3 years ago

Thanks you two! And an extra thanks for the protector info - didn't even know that was a thing!

1 week later
#4962 3 years ago

Woot! I've had this pin for 8 months and FINALLY made it to Alien Invasion! Sadly, I had no idea what I was doing... But I did get up to 4 locked balls, which from reading the Wiki after the fact, is apparently pretty good -- since five locked balls is the last round to finish the mode. WOoo!!!!

Sadly, I still only got 53.6M points... :/ But that was about 15M higher than my previous high score, so... Yay?

#4974 3 years ago

Is there an easy way to fix this post? It looks like might have to take apart the orange plastic on the upper playfield, the monorail, and a couple of spots to replace it which is a lot of work for a single post... so wanted to check if I'm missing something easy before doing the work.

Thanks!

20200525_171944 (resized).jpg20200525_171944 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5140 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Simple. Remove the top screw cut the ziptie and remove the post. The stuff that is held on by the screw will come off and fly everywhere, so take note where everything goes.

I finally found time to look at this again. I still can't figure it out...

I can't get to the screw because it's under the orange plastic and the gaghle of stuff that the treehouse mod covers. I tried a bending screwdriver to get to it but that didn't work either...

I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

#5143 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The screw is under the edge of the ramp alright, but it is accessible. The driver has to be at a slight angle, but sometimes that's the case on these machines. Maybe use an offset screwdriver to get it loosened.

Never heard of an offset screwdriver so thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Have one on order and will try again when I get it next week!

#5158 3 years ago

Yeah, I paid $5k for mine that was almost perfect (some of the posts were getting brittle, but otherwise fine) AND had a ColorDMD installed, as well as NVRAM.

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The screw is under the edge of the ramp alright, but it is accessible. The driver has to be at a slight angle, but sometimes that's the case on these machines. Maybe use an offset screwdriver to get it loosened.

It was tough to remove and harder still to put back together, but I managed to do it even with my big hands. Thanks for the offset screwdriver comment - couldn't have done it without that!

2 months later
#5308 3 years ago

I'm out of the group - my TSPP went to a new, good home. Maybe I will be back in the future!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.