(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4303 4 years ago

Picked up a TSPP yesterday. HUO. One of 30 built in 2008. Looks brand new.

20190824_085955 (resized).jpg20190824_085955 (resized).jpg20190824_090015 (resized).jpg20190824_090015 (resized).jpg
#4308 4 years ago

Stern made around 70 TSPP in 2009. That was the last year of production. They did 10 runs from 2003 to 2019. There was probably demand up till they stopped making them. I found this info in Mr. Pinball guide.

I like the steam effect. May have to do that. Congrats to all who have a TSPP.

1 week later
#4313 4 years ago

Just went over my new TSPP. Put in all Comet led lighting and Tilt side art City Scape. Waiting on new rubber parts and some non-ghost lighting.

One light is out though. It is not the bulb. The skill shot light is out. I am not sure if there are supposed to be two red wires as on all the other sockets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

20190830_074143 (resized).jpg20190830_074143 (resized).jpg20190830_074751 (resized).jpg20190830_074751 (resized).jpg20190830_074810 (resized).jpg20190830_074810 (resized).jpg
#4317 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have had two bulbs in a row be bad.
Could be the bulb to socket connection.

Bad diode in socket. Now working. Thanks.

#4321 4 years ago

Is there a reason to replace the fluorescent lighting in the back box with LEDs other than looks?

#4323 4 years ago

Trying to get an LED tube to work. Thanks.

#4334 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That Springfield Mystery Spot drives me crazy, I've read that some people inverts their hands to beat it. I tried and besides it being very painful it doesn't help hitting the right flipper.
The second problem is that once finished, it still takes me a while to readjust to normal gameplay, so Mystery Spot often also means the end of the game I wasn't too bad at !

I do the cross over all the time with Houdini. I like the reverse inverted best. Score lots of points with that.
I have not done it in TSPP yet. Only have it a few weeks.

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

you have to remove the ballast from the circuit or it isnt going to work. The LED light you bought may have come with a wiring diagram.

I just got the 24" led tube from Marco. It is specifically made for Stern pins to replace the fluorescent. It is stated to remove the starter and take out the ballast. There is no info on wiring or pictures. Can anyone send some pictures and explain how to rewire. I do not want to burn out this new tube. Thanks.

#4338 4 years ago

Marco sent the info I needed. Light is working now. Looks great.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That Springfield Mystery Spot drives me crazy, I've read that some people inverts their hands to beat it. I tried and besides it being very painful it doesn't help hitting the right flipper.
The second problem is that once finished, it still takes me a while to readjust to normal gameplay, so Mystery Spot often also means the end of the game I wasn't too bad at !

I did Mystery Spot last night after getting the LED back box light working. I was surprised because I never saw it before. I did the Houdini cross over.
Score #1 at 47 mil. Knocked my buddy down to #4.

#4342 4 years ago

Is the Homer head supposed to come off by taking off the small black rubber? Mine does not want to come off after the rubber is off.

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Hi, I have a multipart question for you TSPP owners out there:
Have any of you bought/made a LED Back Box light to replace the florescent tube?
And if you did; What are your opinions & what did you use?
Thanks in advance...

I just put in a 24" LED tube from Marco. Direct replacement. Take out the starter and disconnect the ballast.

#4349 4 years ago

Is it normal for the left outlane wire guide to be angled wider at the top where the ball comes in? I have not seen this on any other pins. Thanks.

#4354 4 years ago

Anyone else surprised to not hear Marge doing call outs?

2 weeks later
#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

How do I remove/move the outlane posts? I removed the rubber ring, but the nut on the bottom is really tough to loosen. I tried a hollow nut driver, but it didn't fit right. Any specific tool/process for removing/moving outlane posts? (posts numbered "15" in the manual). Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

Use a 1/4" wrench on top and I think 11/32" socket below the playfield. The rubber can stay on.

2 weeks later
#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Oh it is good to be back in the club. I sold my TSPP to a good friend over a year ago- and I regretted it immediately ,but needed the money for some expensive pool repairs.He sold it back to me 2 weeks ago, and I am in love with it again- I have been playing it exclusively.I had been playing Houdini since I got it in March, trying to beat the MM wizard mode. This seems unreachable, much like the wizard mode in TSPP, must be why it like it so much. The best I have ever done is completing 3 puzzle pieces for the wizard mode- I&S Revenge, Daredevil, and Secret Stash. Such a clever game! How can you go wrong with 5 flippers and a great layout? Cheers

TSPP is my most fun pin. I also mostly play it exclusively. It is never leaving.

1 month later
#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I've had my TSPP for 2 or 3 months now and realized it's a long-term keeper, so I purchased an LCD COLORDMD. I realize it's a subjective choice, but does anyone have an opinion on the "best" mode for the LCD? I did a search on pinside and found discussions about LCD versus LED, but couldn't readily find an answer to this topic. Thanks for any opinions!

Dots

2 weeks later
#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've only had it for a month or so, but I can't get more than 35m... I suck.

I have mine a little longer. Got to 36m. I am pretty good on all my other pins except MBr.
TSPP may be my new favorite!

3 weeks later
#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was curious if you've had any issue with a Cliffy on the I&S hole? I ask because i have a hard time keeping my Cliffy down on my Austin Powers and Last Action Hero

I used some extra double sticky sided tape on my LAH Cliffy's. I also had to drill a hole and put a screw in the right side of the chicken Cliffy. Works.

1 month later
#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Looking to go led - Kit or better to pick your own? Has anyone gone with the Comet kit w/flashers, if so how did it turn out? I’m leaning towards skipping the OCD board at $150 on top of the $199 kit otherwise it would be close to the price of the colored dress (400) I just received.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/simpsons-pinball-party-led-kit?variant=12493658619948

I used Comet sunlight in my TSPP. No kit. No OCD board. I think it is OK just the way it is.

1 month later
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm going to replace the rubbers in my game but have a question. I bought the kit from Marcos, but the black posts are thicker and shorter in the kit and are rubber vs a hard plastic. Is that going to make much of a difference? The plastic posts in my game are chipping away so I can't really play until I replace.
Followup question: the broken ones come off the post fine, but the non broken ones don't. Any tricks for getting them off the post, aside from breaking them? Lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can use the shorter ones but you may not like the look.
I use a small flat blade screw driver or needle nose pliers to remove the post rubbers.

3 months later
#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

My only 2 mods are color dmd and nvram. My back glass t8 tube or ballast crapped out the other day so unplugged it until I can either get something more razzle dazzle or just a line voltage led t8 replacement tube and scrap the starter and transformer[quoted image][quoted image]

I put the LED replacement in my TSPP. Marco has it. The instructions were not very detailed though. I emailed Marco and they gave me the info I needed.

7 months later
#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Followup question... where did that nut come from? Did someone double up the nuts (giggity) on your machine? I see there is already one there, and it is installed backwards.

I think the nut is supposed to dig into the wood. My new Stern has the nuts that way.

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Interesting..... I have taken apart a ton of arcade cabs, and the nut was always facing the other direction. All my Chuck E Cheese pins had the nut facing the other direction too....
Either way, there was only one on there.....

Yes. All my others from all different manufacturers are the other way. Maybe Stern changed their minds.

I never had one come off.

#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks! Where did you get that art, and what size paper did you print on?
I noticed a few weird things on the playfield, next to / behind Homer's head.
The red arrow shows the first thing, which is a screw with very little what looks like plastic under it. The blue arrow shows a post with no rubber.
Can anyone provide me any insight please? I've checked the manual and it looks like maybe I'm missing a black ring on the blue post, but can't find anything on that screw. Thanks. [quoted image]

You game is correct. No rubber on post and the screw has a plastic to divert the ball.

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Got you, thanks. Looks like the plastic is a bit worn. Do you know what size it is so I can replace it? I can hear metal hitting metal back there.

Page 71 in the manual. Looks like 1/4"x3/8". Part #254-5000-02.

3 months later
#5728 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Sorry if this has been discussed in prior posts but...
Just joined the club. In the process of upgrading the LEDS. Currently his the Cointaker LEDS (not a fan). Going with Comet and tryign a few from Titan. Wondering what colors people have generally used on this machine. I have pinstadiums in it now but still looking to give it that extra pop with a few well placed bulbs. Mainly wondering what people have used on the kicker areas. Warm white? Yellow? I feel like the cool white frosted looks good on most games but on this one just doesn't look as good. The pinstadiums are set to a bit of a yellower tint for obvious reasons.
Looking also for ideas on the upper playfield. even with pinstadiums it's super dark.
Any suggestions appreciated for any of the playfield. Just wanting it to pop a little more.

I put in all Comet sunlight. Clear for inserts and frosted for above playfield. I used a few green frosted in the mini pf so not to get blinded.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#5819 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

New owner here - loving the game so far! All the stacked modes and constant pressure from the timer make for some really fun games.
Trying to figure out the right flipper on the mini pf- it seems to lag a bit on mine and the couch shot is extremely difficult. It’s doable every now and then but ultimately feels like the flipper needs a bit more power to get up the ramp. Does this sound about right and it’s just a hard shot? Best way to fix the lag?

I make that shot fairly easy. May need to clean coil sleeve? Something binding?

1 week later
#5833 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

question, i started yesterday installing a bunch of comet sunlight bulbs and added some extra spotlights. Should i stick with sunlight bulbs in the sportlights too? or more cool white?
so far, i really like the overall look. The goal was to add more lighting into the playfield.
inserts will be sunlights too and i may add a few cool white bulbs in the car headlights.
also, where would you stick the LED ocd if i already have a pinsound card ?

I used all Comet sunlight. Clear under the playfield and frosted on top. Go with sunlight.

#5843 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What kind of bulbs do you guys put under the colored flasher domes?

8 smd led color match

#5850 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Man I can barely look at the 5 smd... 8 would be blinding...Imho

Never look into the light!

1 month later
#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just joined the club today after picking up this beauty. I’m going to spend my weekend cleaning this one up and converting it to LED.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put in Comet sunlight. Frosted up top and clear under playfield. I put a couple of frosted green where you can see the bulb.

#5931 2 years ago

I put a few green in where the white is too bright.

20210907_100426 (resized).jpg20210907_100426 (resized).jpg20210907_100558 (resized).jpg20210907_100558 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So I cleaned it up, added some Leds in the GI and put a couple of pieces of printer paper around the fluorescent light. This made a huge difference and I get hardly any glare.
I have 2 questions
1. How do I get homers head off to change the flasher? I took the rubber off the top but wasn’t sure if the head should come right up. Seemed to be a tight fit.
2. There is a plastic clip on the hot dog plastic left of the garage where I guess the Apu shot is. Am I missing something? See pic
[quoted image]

Homer head is really tight. I thought mine was going to break. It did not. I put in a LED flasher.

The clip is probably to stop a ball trap. Mine has the clip also.

1 month later
#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Why you little!!!
Just joined the club with this beauty. Bought it from the original owner who had purchased it for his kids. Unfortunately they weren't "pinball" aficionados, so while it's in beautiful condition, it will need a deep clean.
1. Does anyone have an LED guide? Could every bulb be replaced with a bright white? Would it look good?
2. Any particular "must have" mods? I know I definitely want the Duff Beer mod...
3. There are several side blades available. Anyone better than the other? I like the finish that Stern has been using on their latest blades. It's more of a durable/user friendly material vs a vinyl decal. Are any of you using something like this?
Cheers
[quoted image]

Quoted from horseflesh:

There are as many opinions as there are bulbs in the world, but from what I have read and seen in pics, my plan is to replace every lamp with Comet 2SMD Frosted Warm White. That will look the most like the original incandescent, which is my preference. ("Sunlight" is a little cooler and their other white is the coolest. Curious about Sunlight but I know I hate cool white.) If I find I don't like how a particular spot looks I can address that with a different bulb.

I used Comet 2smd sunlight in my TSPP. I used a few colored where the white is too blinding. I think the sunlight is perfect in this pin.

#6149 2 years ago

Upper playfield is easy to remove. I also did it from the top.

#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Even the comet sunlight didn't look right under the ramps?

I have the sunlights under the ramps and they look OK to me.

#6158 2 years ago

I put a few colored LEDs in the spots where I see the bulb. All frosted above the playfield.

1 month later
#6226 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Mine was also very tight. Use some muscle and wiggle the head through the shaft at the top of the head. You’ll get it

Mine was the same. Scary to use so much force. It will come off though.

1 week later
#6250 2 years ago

I put in sunlight frosted from under the playfield in that area. I used green frosted behind the lock targets because the sunlight were too bright. All Comet sunlight clear under the playfield. Mostly frosted sunlight above the playfield.

#6258 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

You can get to the lights under the couch ramp from beneath the main playfield? Or are you talking about going under the upper playfield. Sorry I’m not in front of the machine right now

Like horseflesh said you can easily take out the upper playfield to get to those bulbs. Slide the main playfield out and you will have good access to the mini pf. I took mine out and unplugged it.

2 weeks later
#6314 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

If anyone can suggest drop-in speaker replacements for the stock sound system, I would love to know. I'm not really interested in Pinsound or other ways to change the sounds, but if I can squeeze some more sound quality out of the stock sound system I'd be up for it. (I did the hum fix already so I can easily tweak cabinet/bb balance.)

I put Flipper Fidelity speakers in my ST pro, LOTR and LZ premium. I have them to put in my RUSH premium when it arrives.

The best improvement was in LOTR. I can now clearly hear all the dialog during gameplay.

#6334 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They are on thingiverse, anyone can print one, but you aren’t supposed to sell them unless you get permission. Unfortunately, this has become the way for many on pinside lately.

Getting permission to use a donut seems silly! Nothing proprietary about a donut.

1 month later
#6459 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have invisiglass on all my games and it helps a lot, but its not perfect. You can see the dmd reflection, but its pretty faint

Get Bent Plastic from Pinball Life to get rid of DMD glare.

2 months later
#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So im gonna do an ledocd board on my simpsons…pretty easy install im guessing…?
Also im going to just use 2smd sunlight frosted for all the gi and inserts…unless someone has a better idea.
Does anyone have a bulb count for me?
Thx so much

I also did the all sunlight. Looks great. There are 45 of 44's, 72 of 555's and 13 of 906's. I put a few green in the upper playfield because the whites were too bright. They are 44's.

Added 22 months ago:

I used frosted sunlight on top and clear under the playfield.

4 months later
#6713 1 year ago
Quoted from MultiballMarc:

I know Ghost Busters has a mode with reverse flippers - I have never played that mode, but a buddy who owns the machine has.

Houdini has reversed and inverted reversed flippers mode.

2 months later
#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

So after all these years I finally replaced the glass with invisiglass. Huge noticeable difference.
Don’t know why I waited so long.
I still love this game!
[quoted image]

Glass is expensive but is worth it. I have Voodoo, Invisiglass or Magic Glass in all but one of my pins. Eventually will get one more Voodoo for that one.

#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Pinstadiums look beautiful on TSPP. Once Pinstadiums are installed there’s no need for Voodoo glass. The back box lights will disappear.

I do not need more lights. I take out all the ugly spotlights on the slings of all my pins. I have large fluorescent lights above the pins. I have bent plastic on the pins to get rid of the DMD glare.

The premium glass looks like no glass is on the pins.

1 month later
#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know what is supposed to be where the circled hole pictured is? I don’t seem to be able to find any pics showing a post there or anything
[quoted image]

The hole is not used.

#6854 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know what is supposed to be where the circled hole pictured is? I don’t seem to be able to find any pics showing a post there or anything
[quoted image]

20230113_083621 (resized).jpg20230113_083621 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#6996 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Get a led tube for the back box. Just cut the starter and ballast out of the circuit.

Yes. Marco sells them. I put one in my Simpsons.

2 months later
#7067 8 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Thanks. So it would appear the fluorescent tube not coming on may be a separate issue?

Get the LED tube from Marco.

4 months later
#7166 4 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’d guess at 125, not including flashers. Luckily, there’s no bulbs in the back box.

Get an LED tube from Marco for the back box.

#7179 4 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Looking for input on installing LEDs in the inserts only. For this game do people match the color or just go with white? If just white, what hue of white?
Also, my TSPP is back East so if anyone knows the number of LEDs needs for the inserts?

I put in Comet sunshine.

3 months later
#7240 9 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

Hey Everyone. Does anyone know where you can get the latest ROM for SPP? I am running an old version. Also has anyone ever changed it by theirself?

Matt's Basement Arcade?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.