(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 10 years ago

I'm sort of in the club. My son took my machine over to his house, and won't let me get it back. Got 2 alien invasions, but can't beat the high score I posted (I only got to it once, go figure). When he tops my score, I get it back. Want it to sit next to my Family Guy and see if it wants its jokes back.

4 weeks later
#161 10 years ago

Yay, Scored my machine back from my son, so back in the club. Doing a LED conversion for it at the moment. Anyone else have a daggy garage door that just half opens? Any cures? The ball still goes in, just looks a bit "half mast".

#173 10 years ago

Posted this on the "Sister thread" - can they be combined in some way?

Doing a clean up now, and same problems as others. Doing some ordering tonight for a new ramp with protector. Wondered why I kept getting so many hillbilly kids with my garage shots.

ramp.jpgramp.jpg

#176 10 years ago

Continuing the strip and clean and replacing broken bits (cannot source a new middle garage ramp from anywhere - everyone seems to be out of stock - appreciate and help here)

Having a lot of trouble with vertical up kicker onto upper playfield. Always takes about 3-4 goes. Does everyone else have this metal bar in front of the hole? Help or hinderance? Wondering if I should bend to upper scoop up or down (make it less or more angled).

Any thoughts.

I think I'll powder coat my habitralis yellow as well...

IMG_0937.JPGIMG_0937.JPG

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

I have a bar on mine. Would assume it is there to prevent the ball from rolling back into the VUK. Before bending anything, I would check the coil sleeve on the VUK. It may need to be replaced. Especially with how dirty that area of your playfield was and the condition of your center ramp is. To me that would be the first place to look. Also, bending that scoop would be a feat since even though it is small, is still a sturdy piece of metal.

done a good clean up of the area now. I'll give it a clean tonight and see how it goes. Thanks

#180 10 years ago

Was visting a retailer, and noticed his TSPP for sale. I was stunned at the colors of the cab and playfield. He believes there were a few differnt versions made, as my colors look nothing like his. is this true?

(ps still having trouble with VUK - ordered new coil to see if that helps)

IMG_0942.JPGIMG_0942.JPG IMG_0940.JPGIMG_0940.JPG

2 weeks later
#182 10 years ago

Received my Moe's bar, replaced to plunger and sleeve in the VUK, and all is good. Also updated the ROM/DIsplay to V5 (can't see any real difference yet), so happy game, happy days.TSPP moes.jpgTSPP moes.jpg

#185 10 years ago

Yikes! Is that machine radio active?

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Newest member to the club! Just picked up a immaculate HUO TSPP: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tspp-huo
First question I have is: isnt the couch suppose to clear the balls at the beginning of the next game? If I end a game & 2 balls are locked in the couch, I start the next game they are still there, I lock 1 ball & multi-ball starts. I should need to lock 2 more balls. Is this normal?

Welcome to the fun!
Only clears the balls if you turn the machine off and back on again. Your ball don't drop when just pressing the start button ( I know, sounds bad)

2 weeks later
#207 10 years ago

If anyone wants to populate their playfield, found these on ebay. Paid the money, got them 6 days later, perfect for the game.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181215970160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648
simpsons figures.jpgsimpsons figures.jpg

can't beat the price - amazing what these Chinese can do with their copyrights.....

#208 10 years ago

Post edited by dendoc : duplicate

2 months later
#249 10 years ago

My wife says my WOZ makes all my other machines look lame. Poor old TSPP sits opposite, but I still love it.

2 months later
#291 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

To those who have installed the Moe's Tavern mod (the full bar toy cut down) in the back right corner of the playfield ... where and what LED's did you add and where/how did you wire them?? Tips appreciated as I attempt to fit my own mod in this weekend.

I put flexi LEDs red over it to give it some atmosphereimage.jpgimage.jpg

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And the light above the phone? Love it. Very cool. But where did you hook those lights into for power? What supplier (for the LED's do you prefer?) Thanks!

The 555 sockets are there, just relaced the normal globes with these. Cointaker flexi lights used. The phone one is a different brand - one spare I cannot remember where from. Made it differnet like a "phone booth"light.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

ebay. it's a toy. you have to cut it up to make it the mod.

That's right, Moes Tavern figuring toy. Bit of sawing, there you go. The love tester can go on the inside right if you like too.
ebay.com link: The Simpsons Interactive Moes Tavern Environment Only

Don't tell anyone its a pinball mod, price will increase 500%

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Marge Simpsons.jpg 43 KB

Yea right, after 3 kids. Dreaming............

#391 9 years ago

Got mine in Australia. Very clever and fits the theme perfectly. This machine is definitely a keeper now!IMG_1905.JPGIMG_1905.JPG

3 weeks later
#445 9 years ago

Does this help re video sparky?

1 week later
#450 9 years ago

It does block the hurry up, but I tend to rely on the sounds and DMD to tell me anyway

4 months later
#518 9 years ago

Any quick tips on getting sound back on the game? Turned it on, no dong, no sound. Game plays perfectly, just silently. Checked the cable seating -all good. No obvious fuse burns.

#520 9 years ago

macro is finally stocking the ramp from the garage to the VUK - been out of stock for a while. Easy to remove the miniplayfield and check it - just 3 "thumb screws" and lift up.

Now I've solved that, someone help me with my silent game!

2 weeks later
#523 9 years ago

My poor TSPP has blown something on the sound board. Suddenly, zero sound on the machine. Having it looked at by Beaky, our local expert, but he hasn't identified the problem yet. Anyone else has this happened? I'm missing the entire Simpson family.

3 weeks later
#551 9 years ago

Getting the upper play field off is easy - just 3 large black nobs to unscrew and lift clear of the flippers. The TV is easy to remove as well to get to the switch behind. Just may need a little bend to make it more prominent to register. Rarely does it need resoldering. I've had one switch give up - at the base of the upper play field VUK. This is easy to access from under the whole play field - so just unscrew and solder in a new one.

#567 9 years ago

Good luck with the replacement. It's fun to learn to solder (even if we all pronounce it differently: WOZ thread reference). Get on of those "extra hand" thingies with the magnifying glass and alligator clips on a stand to help hold all the bits and stop the blisters on the fingers. I agree, new switches are easier to deal with than repairing old ones.

2 weeks later
#605 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Mine has the same clip - strange. I'm jealous yours came with a manual. I purchased a goodie bag and still need to order a manual. TSPP ColorDMD will be here soon!

The clip is there to stop the ball getting stuck there on the plastic - cheap option during manufacture. I removed mine and haven't had a problem over the past 5 years.

2 weeks later
#667 9 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

hi all
Is anyone here the person that was selling the donut flipper toppers on etsy ? They look really cool.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/176063861/the-simpsons-and-the-simpsons-pinball
Looks like they closed shop for a bit ?
Does anyone have it ? How do they stay on ?
Thanks
Jim

I have had them on mine for over a year, and no problems - look great.

2 months later
#763 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Just finished a 3 week tear down and just have the metal wireforms and apron to put back on. Game is looking NICE!!!!
Had a few test games and some questions to ask the 'club':
1) Every time I turn the machine on, it goes through a ball search. Spits all the balls out and then it goes into attract mode. Is this a ball trough switch issue?
2) Left flipper stops responding/is slow to respond. If I repeatedly hit the left flipper button, the game plays normal for a while, but then it becomes unresponsive again. Is this a switch cleaning issue?
3) The switch in front of Comic Book guy doesn't respond when a ball hits it. Have pressed the switch with my finger and it works fine. I just checked all the wires under the playfield connected to the switch and everything was soldered on ok. The switch looks physically fine. Again, is this a clean/adjust issue?
Will post some photos when it's all back together.
Cheers!
Adam.

Got a love a good cleaning - did mine 6 months ago. Re 1) - you can alter that in the menu I believe? you can leave the locked balls on the couch from the last game, or clear them back to the ball trough on start-up. Choose the former or else the game just does a search for the "missing balls"that are probably on the couch.

1 month later
#845 8 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Meanwhile, the VUK under the upper playfield is only successfully kicking the ball all the way through the hole and onto the upper PF about 30% of the time. It always gets there eventually, but this is a pretty big flow killer. In this case, I definitely want to have a good idea of what I'm doing before taking the time to remove the upper playfield to access it.
Any tips very much appreciated!

I had exactly the same issue 6 months ago. Easiest way to fix it is to lift the whole playfield, unscrew to VUK mech from below and undo the connector. Disassemble, clean or replace the coil sleeve, and check the end of the plunger. If the plastic end looks mushroomed or worn, replace it (and order the new sleeve while you are there). Works perfectly now in my machine, I replaced both. Easy to do and not too expensive.

2 weeks later
#872 8 years ago

Weekend of Lego with my daughter, and a nice (temp) topper just for fun. image.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#1045 8 years ago

Yes, Bowen's instructions on IPDB.ORG are great. Read through them earlier today, and managed to get 2 I&S mb's, mystery spot, secret stash, Krusty nightmare, Daredevils completed and just missed Alien Invasion. So good to know what to shoot when. "Best game everrrr".

1 year later
#2166 7 years ago

Managed to break the top most triangle LED on my "mode progress" list when removing the upper playfield. Anyone know where these little triangles can be obtained or do I need a whole new board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=dendoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.