(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4362 4 years ago

New to the Simpsons Pinball Party club too. My game has v4.0 roms in it. To upgrade to 5.0, do I just need to replace the ROM at U210 and on the display board at U5? Or do i also need to replace the sound/voice roms too?

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No need to replace sound roms.

thank you

#4386 4 years ago

Just got my Simpsons last Sunday. Since then I've done a few things. LDC display, Titian rubber kit, new balls, cleaned and waxed the playfiled, LED the whole game, and game blades. I also added Sparky's TV, Treehouse and Lamp mod. Also added a few figures is had in storage, Krusty, Duffman, and a few Treehouse of Horrors BK figures which fit perfect. As for a topper I added Kang and Kodos that I want to light up. I've been waiting a long time to get this game. Simpsons is one of my favorite shows. The pinball is even better. This one I found was HUO with no cabinet or playfield wear.

IMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_1021 (resized).JPGIMG_1021 (resized).JPGIMG_2909 (resized).JPGIMG_2909 (resized).JPGIMG_3568 (resized).JPGIMG_3568 (resized).JPGIMG_3949 (resized).JPGIMG_3949 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_7477 (resized).JPGIMG_7477 (resized).JPG
#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yikes ...so much trash on the playfield AND smear mode on the ColorDMD. My heart aches.

Well, I'm glad you like it.

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game already comes with a ton of toys on it that are functional to the gameplay. Why does it need mass amounts of clutter? It detracts and it’s gaudy

Great, thats your opinion, I choose to put more stuff in it. I probably don't like the way your game looks.

#4413 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could clear up an issue I'm having. Does this switch coming out of the upper playfield always make the monorail swishing noise when the ball passes under it? I did a switch test and it show the switch is working, but it wont make the monorail noise anymore. Do I have to be in a certian mode for that?
Thank for any help
59090218994__A03EEAC0-890E-4DC2-8A26-FF837C55BA87 (resized).JPG59090218994__A03EEAC0-890E-4DC2-8A26-FF837C55BA87 (resized).JPG

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, it should swish every time. So - what’s probably happening is your switch is fine, but when the ball passes by it, it’s not pushing it enough to hit the button. When you do the switch test, try it with the ball instead of your finger. Then - you can adjust the metal part accordingly so it presses the switch button from the ball passing by.

Thanks for the help. Its the weirdest thing. I changed the batteries thus resetting the game and now it works every time. Shame on me for not checking the batteries when I first bought the game. Looking at the boards really close tonight I noticed a little bit of green on one of the batteries. Glad I caught it sooner than later.
Thanks again

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did any of the battery goo get in the battery holder or CPU? If so, a 50/50 solution of white vinegar/water will get rid of it. Consider getting the SVRAM mod so you never have to worry about batteries again. It really easy to install on Stern Whitestar boards.

None of it did, but great advice and I think I'm going to do just what you said. Thanks

#4439 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

parts vendors (I forget who) used to sell protective mylar pre-cut to place over the buttons.

Marco has them

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 3.30.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-24 at 3.30.12 PM (resized).png
#4461 4 years ago

So I did a little bit of searching and couldn't find a definitive answer, but the shot on the upper playfield with the right flipper to the ramp for the couch is a hard one to make. Most of the time my ball goes up the ramp and just cant make the turn and falls back down. Is it just a matter of waxing the ramp really good or are there other things to try? I know most of it is a timing issue. Is the shot really supposed to be that difficult?
thanks

#4466 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did what you all suggested and the coil sleeve looked fine but i cleaned it anyways. Ive had to move all my games out of my game room and into my kitchen because we are having the wood floors redone. So I think most of my problem was the level of my game. Being that Ive had my game for 2 weeks, I dont think Ive really got it to the correct level in my game room either. Also, it is a timing issue too. Ive got it all dialed in now and timing down. Works as it should.
Thanks again

Quoted from Rarehero:

Make sure the flipper coil plunger & sleeve are clean...maybe get a new sleeve or rebuild if you have to.

Thank You

Quoted from Pinkitten:

It's definitely supposed to be a tricky shot to hit the couch with the upper right flipper. Assuming your upper flipper is working properly and at full strength, it's mostly about timing. I have a sweet spot on the flipper where I can hit the couch more than half the time. I'm glad it's tricky, because the garage and the side ramp will send the ball up to the living room. I find the ball spends a lot of time up there, so the shot to the couch being difficult makes sense.

Thank you

2 weeks later
#4483 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a donut shooter rod?

#4487 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Both of those places are out of stock. However, Pinbossmods messaged me and said he will be making more in a few months.

2 weeks later
#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Tspp owners
Question
Does anyone have an led kit list available ? Want this game to sparkle
Also Any suggestions on what is the optimal settings for modes and IS drops etc
Or if there is a page in this massive thread lmk
Thanks

I recently did mine with cool white LED's from Comet. I prefer frosted especially for any that are directly seen. I started to color match all the inserts but didn't like how it was looking so I just used white. I did use purple on a few of the purple inserts. I keep a lot of LED's on hand, so I ordered 50pc bag of cool white for 47 bulb and 555 wedge bulb. As far as flashers go, I find the LED flashers are super bright. I sometimes like the incandescent flasher better because it's not so blinding. Up to you and your tastes. I would say make all the flashers consistent either all LED or all incandescent. Have fun with it and make it what you like.

1 month later
#4637 4 years ago

Anyone have a donut shooter rod they want to sell?

#4639 4 years ago

Do most of you that own this game have Cliffy's on your game?

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The I&S hole and shooter lane are the big ones I'd consider.

I was curious if you've had any issue with a Cliffy on the I&S hole? I ask because i have a hard time keeping my Cliffy down on my Austin Powers and Last Action Hero

3 weeks later
#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Adding a super hero CBG! I rarely see these versions. Found one on Ebay. Cool mod!

Is he the same size? He looks bigger.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

He’s pretty much identical in size. I can remove the glass and place them side by side, but I can see they are virtually the same toy

Looks cool

#4733 4 years ago

Isnt the cabinet originally a screened cabinet and NOT decal?.....NVM, screened onto vinyl and not the cabinet.

1 week later
#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from wookiewarlord:

Ran into a memory issue I hope someone has insight into. I turned my machine on yesterday and it wasn't well- lights sort of strobed some Morse code but wasn't operational. I cycled the power a couple more times and now it works but all the memory is gone (settings and high scores). Since then it seems to hold the memory when cycled but I'm worried this is a symptom of something deeper. Any ideas?

I ran into a similar issue when I bought a anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator. My game would come on, sometimes the lights would blink and then just say on. Never fully booting up. I put it in just as the directions said. Once I took the chip out and put the batteries back in, everything worked as it should. I sent pictures to verify I wasn't doing anything wrong. Rob @ Lock When Lit, said I must have had a bad chip and very rarely does this happen. He got my anyPin NVRAM and told me the chip was perfectly fine. But he sent me a NVRAM chip for the WhiteStar boards. Once it put that one in, everything was perfect. Haven't had a problem since.

4 weeks later
#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

IMHO, Sparky's TV Mod is the one must have

Absolutely, one of the best.

3 months later
#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I’m all modded out and tired for now

Where did you find the lighted Moes Tavern mod?

4 months later
#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I decided to sacrifice this $17 vinyl bank to test the possibility of swapping homer’s ugly head with this more appealing one that includes his torso and a donut.

I really like that look of Homer and his torso. How far off are you from making it fit?

1 month later
#5396 3 years ago

Marco sells them.

3 weeks later
#5457 3 years ago

My wife and daughter had this made for me of our family. Needless to say I wont be selling my TSPP anytime soon. Love it!

IMG_4998 (resized).JPGIMG_4998 (resized).JPG
9 months later
#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

With the OCD board you will get LEDs that are nice and bright but they act like the incandesent bulbs (they fade in and out as intended in the game - you also don't get any ghosting without having to buy non-ghosting LEDs). The strobe / flicker effect that you get with LED games that SOME people's eyes notice is also eliminated.

What is this OCD board you speak of? I am totally interested in this. Where could I find one? I had changed all my bulbs to LED's as soon as i got the game a long time ago, but never really paid attention to the points you bring up.

4 months later
#6317 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Just started my LED conversion and I'm currently working on the GI. Is the best way to access these lights underneath the ramp by entirely removing it? Or is there something simpler. First timer here

I dont remember having to pull this ramp off.. I think I pulled the socket from underneath.....Is that possible?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.