(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#222 10 years ago

Question for the group.... Has anyone tried upgrading speakers ? Was it worth it ?

1 week later
#230 10 years ago

On the speaker upgrade. Sounds like u went with the bacbox and sub. Did the speakers in the backbox sound better ? That always seems to be debated.

The other thing I have been thinking about..... Is there a way to make the flippers sound less clunky? I was thinking about putting some sound deadening foam in the cab.

1 year later
#577 9 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their speakers ? What did you do and did it make a big difference ?

#580 9 years ago

Thanks dug, and welcome rickwh, It's an awesome game. There are some nice mods. If sillyoldelf is still making decals be sure to get a set, they are awesome. Throw some LEDs in the cooling towers.

2 weeks later
#661 9 years ago

hi all

Is anyone here the person that was selling the donut flipper toppers on etsy ? They look really cool.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176063861/the-simpsons-and-the-simpsons-pinball

Looks like they closed shop for a bit ?

Does anyone have it ? How do they stay on ?

Thanks

Jim

2 years later
#3112 6 years ago

I have AFM and TSPP. Both great but play very different. If I had to pick slight lean to AFM but any given day that could change.

11 months later
#3740 5 years ago

Does pin sound still run the original sounds or has someone built an alternate sound package ?

6 months later
#4143 4 years ago

Really like the flipper topper. Any chance you can make a version that has the same donut pattern entire length of flipper ?

Request for people making mods.

A new mods tavern sign would be great.... maybe make it a flaming mods sign instead ? Or even a nice neon looking moe’s sign.
Bonus points if you make it as a small lcd screen that can show animation

Maybe a lit up sign for kiwk e mart

#4144 4 years ago

Sparky. Can you take a video of the monorail at different angles. Super cool mod and I agree that has been begging for something. I was even thinking of a smaller monorail that sits in front of the v rail.

8 months later
#4801 4 years ago

I did comet sunlight in the GI. Left everything else incandescent and it looks pretty good. But I am sure the ocd board take it to another level. While I epwamt a color dmd.... epwhat I am praying for is for someone to make a new sound package.... that would be instant pinsound buy for me.

1 month later
#4879 4 years ago

Hi all

Has anyone ever put the couch weldment bracket in ? How does it go ? I need to replace the nyliner plastic ring that the plunger goes thru and I just noticed I need that as well.

Looks like I need to take the ramp off the get to things.....

Thanks for any help.

Jim

3 months later
#5153 3 years ago

Cannot wait time hear more about the pinsound upgrade. What do you have planned ?

3 months later
#5336 3 years ago

I used sunlight for the Simpson’s Gen Illum and I liked it. Never bothered with the inserts, if I went there then I would want that board that makes them fade on and off.... it looks great though.

1 year later
#6089 2 years ago

I have a Polk sub on my simpsons…. It does give it some more kick…. But not like AFM sitting next to it. If you catch one on sale it’s probably worth it…. But TSPP sound quality just is not that great…. I like doh multiball…. I’m probably just not good enough for it to get annoying. The on that gets me a bit is the comic book guy hurry up.

I am patiently waiting for pinsound sale or maybe a cheaper version.

Just wanted to say I think the monorail mod looks cool….

Wondering if their is the potential to do a smaller version that would sit in front of the rail…maybe it even movers with the ball.

One other mod request…. Can someone make an animated moves tavern sign ? To replace the one at the ramp opening ? Could be a small LED or OLED screen that cycles through a normal Moe’s neon sign, a picture of the bar….a flaming moe…. And maybe a picture of moe himself. It just needs to play whatever movie image you put in their. It should be really simple to do and way better than curren sign. Could also add one for the quicki mart, but not sure if there is room

2 weeks later
#6152 2 years ago

I actually like normal bulbs under the ramps… I switched some to comet sunlight which looks great in the GI…. But under. The ramps, they they show up as a bright white dot…. Not sure it makes sense…. But try to look at it before you reassemble

4 weeks later
#6191 2 years ago

Hi club.

I went to install a pinsound board this morning in my TSPP and I have a question. Which is the microprocessor I need to replace in the machine ?

My board looks different than the one in the video instructions ?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

822D41C0-2407-4E18-9FB9-F862D4DD5109 (resized).jpeg822D41C0-2407-4E18-9FB9-F862D4DD5109 (resized).jpeg
#6192 2 years ago

Pinsound support was ultra fast!

…… they just informed me I have the SEGA white star board set in my TSPP… and they have a video that shows the install.

Hope this helps someone.

#6194 2 years ago

Pinsound install was successful!

Really easy to install the board and hook it up.
Drop the sound packages and firmware update on the usb flash drive, stick flash drive in the board, power on. the machine and it does the rest.

I have to say that the install process is really slick. It’s giving you voice updates of everything it’s doing along the way….playing some music while it’s working… very cool. Even the LEDs are doing this nice sweeping pattern while it’s doing it’s thing….

It’s great to hear so many more callouts in this game big shout out to Scandell and Babtiste. It had me lol playing the game.

So far it’s running on the stock speakers and it sounds pretty good…. But I don’t think it is using the sub in the cabinet ? I will say that be sure to put the back box together before judging sound…. Speakers laying flat against the playfield glass with no back glass… not the best. I would like to look at upgrading the speakers though to something that gives a bit more clarity…. They are 8ohm in there now, look pretty beefy.

Th pinsound board has audio out to go to a sub…. So I may need to do that. And I need to hook up the headphone adapter….

Nobody in my house cares about this but me…. But I’m excited!

#6203 2 years ago

Regarding the clunk…. The flippers are loud no doubt. I’m have wondered if putting some sound deadening foam in the cab would help take some of the edge off. So one also made a mod so that the upper playfield flippers only flip when the ball is up there…. But I read concerns that it may not be able to track it all the time. Someone else may be able to chime in…… but that would definitely reduce the noise a bit.

1 week later
#6246 2 years ago

Pinsound follow-up from my previous post a page back.

I mentioned that I did not think the sub was working….it wasn’t… if you have an external sub hooked up via clips to the internal sub, neither of the subs has any sound. I disconnected the Polk subwoofer and the internal sub just came to life…. Everything sounds so good! And the equalizer adjustments on the pinsound plus board make it easy to tweak the sound to your liking.

Killer mod. Can’t recommend it enough.

Anyone know why the external sub doesn’t work with pinsound that way ? I think I can add it back in via the RCA connection….just curious why the old way no longer works.

#6248 2 years ago

Hi I removed the ramp to change them. Having said that… I do not like them led’d. I would leave them incandescent. I have comet sunlight in the rest of my GI. But under that ramp. I liked the original bulbs better. The led’s are just too visible as bulbs as opposed to just brightening it if that makes sense.

#6256 2 years ago

Agree that the frosted sunlight looks great for most of the G.I. Just not under the transparent ramp….. yet.. I am too lazy to pull that apart again…. So I still have them under there. Wondering if it would be easier to just lift the whole upper playfield and replace bulb from below.

Some really ice cabinets above…. Love the sideart…. It’s so vibrant.

1 month later
#6429 2 years ago

Regarding pinsound… in addition to above, and scandal’s sound package. The original will work as well.

Alternative sounds packages are great.

1 year later
#7193 4 months ago

I have the pinsound board. And just kept the rest stock.

The additional sound packages are really good and add a nice variety. But if I was going for a high score I would stick with the original soundtrack, I feel that sound package communicates what is going on in the game the best. Probably because it is the most simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.