(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acronymicon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:Main areas of wear are the shooter lane (just like any other pin) and the Itchy and Scratchy hole. I&S hole looks decent, but not perfect. Nothing to worry about from what I see.
Common issues are:
* Couch weld fix needs to be applied (will have issues with locked balls on the couch, search the thread for details)
* VUK switches (far back left corner to put ball onto upper playfield, I&S hole) going out
* Cracked ramps, especially the garage ramp
* Cabinet wear, which is unavoidable given these were direct printed. Lollypops and wear around the Start button are really common.
None of those are deal breakers and all are fixable. Definitely recommend getting the Cliffy set b/c of this machine's plastic ramps. While alot of the parts are still available, the ramps are getting hard to come by.
But, looking quickly through the pics, there's nothing that jumps out at me. It's amazing how well the playfields on this machine hold up compared to modern machines.
This is a machine that screams for a ColorDMD. Money well spent, IMHO.
I've also got a PinSound board in mine. There's two custom mixes out there by Scandell and Baptiste, both of which have tons of callouts (not to mention ditch the 8-bit stock callouts).
Hope that helps!

Excellent post! I have a line on a routed TSPP for ~3500 and this is very helpful. Thanks!

1 month later
#5688 2 years ago

Hi everyone! Got my Simpsons recently and after rebuilding all 6 flipper mechs, the game plays like a dream and I love it.

One nagging issue though is after I rebuilt the mech under homers head, Ive found the head itself, and the base plate it rotates on spin too freely on the pivot shaft.

I see in the manual the shaft and plate are secured by a rubber ring and e clip, but from underneath? Im having a hard time figuring it out, and any help would be appreciated. Is the rubber ring on top supposed to keep the head firmly pressed against the plate? Mine rotates fine with the mech, but when pulled back with the spring it over rotates and Homer ends up looking off more at the side of the cabinet.

Certainly not a huge deal, but I thought Id ask if anyone is feeling especially charitable with their know-how.

What a great game.

**Nevermind! I figured it out! Managed to get the notch from the bracket in the neck. I am slow

#5694 2 years ago

Yeah I had to buy 6 kits total for homers head as well. Probably overkill, it really only needed a new spring.

I just love the crack of a freshly rebuilt and cleaned Stern flipper. First 2 games I played after the rebuilding I made the high score list for the first times. The garage and couch lock became much easier to make.

Now the only nagging issue is after burning new roms to go from 4.0 to 5.0 the Otto eject's new lower power kickout results in it only successfully ejecting every other time. Really kills the timing on the treehouse shot. Guess Ill just throw a new sleeve in, clean it up, and hope for the best.

Played for a solid 2 hours yesterday, it was fantastic.

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Yeah I had to buy 6 kits total for homers head as well. Probably overkill, it really only needed a new spring.
I just love the crack of a freshly rebuilt and cleaned Stern flipper. First 2 games I played after the rebuilding I made the high score list for the first times. The garage and couch lock became much easier to make.
Now the only nagging issue is after burning new roms to go from 4.0 to 5.0 the Otto eject's new lower power kickout result in it only successfully eject every other time. Guess Ill just throw a new sleeve in, clean it up, and hope for the best.
Played for a solid 2 hours yesterday, it was fantastic.

#5701 2 years ago

I sent cliffy an email for a protector set, he said 4 week wait.

2 weeks later
#5724 2 years ago

Yeah I love the OCD boards, I made a similar video for my Sopranos which has the GI board too.

I do notice some of the "light choreography" as I believe its called seems a little off with the OCD boards. Maybe I am wrong, or the setting on the board need adjusting, but the drop target on the sopranos effect, where every light ripples out from the target like something plopped into water, doesnt seem to happen at all.

Also as you can see in that video, the end of game song and ligh timing seems slower with the board.

Not complaining or anything; I have the leds and OCD board ready to install in my TSPP, just waiting till I have a second.

2 weeks later
#5735 2 years ago

I had version 1.5 of the game code for a week or so, and never had an issue with my Otto bus tour eject. The first game after upgrading to 1.6 it started to really struggle kicking the ball out, taking multiple pokes before it clears the scoop.

The 1.6 code mentions adjustments to the votlage supplied to the Otto coil, and Ive read Stern recommended going to a slightly more powerful coil, though Ive not tried it yet.

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Tried that, didn’t really work for me. Shortening the plunger stroke was a 100% and cost less fix that took about a minute. Try it first before buying new parts.

Will do, thank you!

My bad, no idea what game I was thinking of.

#5740 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice Lermods, stuck some foam on the rubber stop to shorten the throw of the plunger and it only really misses an eject during multiball now.

Plus you saved me some money!

2 weeks later
#5757 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I painted mine along with the couch, ramp switch holder, spinner, all hex post etc anything else that was satin black. Painted in a purple.
Done a few other mods whilst I was at it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!

Mind sharing what brand of paint you used, and how well its held up to bart sliding back and forth on it? Just some enamel in a can?

#5759 2 years ago

oh duh, he poweder coated it

1 week later
#5787 2 years ago

For anyone else having issues with the Otto hole, be it during multiball or normal play, I have finally fixed my issues and have yet to see a missed ejection after lots of testing. I even had 3 balls stacked up back there and all were jettisoned perfectly.

Lermods recommendation of shortening the throw of the plunger helped for a while, but I would still get traffic jams during multiball.

So of the following I am not sure which in particular solved the problem, or if all contributed but I thought I would share:

First I removed the bracket and filled the screw holes with quickwood and sanded smooth, then I removed the ramp and plastics above the hole and, with the table upright in service position, held the ball in the hole and aligned the plunger to the center of the ball and marked the holes were the bracket sat. Drilled the new holes (drill stop and brad bit) and reinstalled the assembly. The end result was the plunger had moved closer to the hole almost a screw hole's width.

Next I cleaned and waxed the hole as part of the shop job I did on the game.

I then replaced the sleeve, the plunger with the same part number, and the coil with a stronger one.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=090-5036-ND

https://www.pinballlife.com/saucer-kick-out-plunger.html

End result has made me WAY happier with the table and hope this helps someone.

#5794 2 years ago

First thing I did, and highly recommend is emailing Cliffy http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm and get on the waiting list for a set of his protectors.

The ramp in the garage is unprotected and dangling in mid air as the ball actually hits a smaller metal ramp first and is launched into the plastic portion, so they can get pretty smashed up. Its unseen, but its less a cosmetic issue and more a functional one because the shot could become impossible after enough damage. Those ramps seem to be very hard to find as well.

based on the pics Id say its unlikely, as that machine looks well cared for.

Obviously check under the batteries because whitestar boards are pricey these days.

I had a surplus of cool frosted white as well, and seeing as the game is so blue I tried it in mine, and I am happy with the result. My only complaint is it can kind of wash the ramps out a bit when the GI sits directly underneath. When I get the gumption I might go back through and depopulate the GI in those sections and bit.

Great game, cant stop playing it, you wont be disappointed.

1 month later
#5937 2 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I just joined the club last night! This game is incredible. One question: while I was playing last night, I had two balls locked on the couch and started Itchy and Scratchy multiball. At some point, I did something and managed to start couch multiball without locking another ball on the couch. Is that possible in-game, or do I have a couch switch that needs adjusting?
[quoted image]

Maybe the Mystery Award, which you get by making the garage shot, awarded a lock?

Congrats on the game! Love mine.

2 weeks later
#5971 2 years ago

the sound quality seems to be better than the average whitestar as well. I dont notice the typical muffled digitized nature of the sound samples to the same degree that I do with the Sopranos table I have sitting right next to it, though their sound circuitry isnt exactly the same it still seems an apt comparison.

I remember hearing in an interview at some point that Kieth had done work on the sound compression for whitestar for this game? Maybe that has something to do with it.

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

the sound quality seems to be better than the average whitestar as well. I dont notice the typical muffled digitized nature of the sound samples to the same degree that I do with the Sopranos table I have sitting right next to it, though their sound circuitry isnt exactly the same it still seems an apt comparison.
I remember hearing in an interview at some point that Kieth had done work on the sound compression for whitestar for this game? Maybe that has something to do with it.

#5984 2 years ago

Does anyone else find it to be true that ball times vary insanely?

Out of all my games it seems no other can I have one ball achieve so much, than the succeeding 2 or 3 or even 4 balls achieve little to nothing.

9 months later
#6644 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Also, this isn’t the easiest game to do a flipper rebuild.

nor the cheapest, especially these days.

I want to say I spent 200$ on rebuild kits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 45.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acronymicon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=acronymicon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.