(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 minutes ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ab3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago

Here's another question- when the VUK sends the ball to the upper playfield, on my TSPP sometimes the ball bounces off the post a few inches below the scoop, and then falls back down the scoop hole (and sometimes repeats this several times before successfully making its way to the upper left flipper). Anyone else have this issue, or ideas how to fix it?
I've tried:
a) Lifting the little metal wire back up in front of the scoop that had gotten beaten down to the playfield level over time (which I assume is there to prevent the ball from falling back in the scoop). This worked for a bit to prevent the ball from falling back down the scoop, but it keeps lowering after repeated hits. How high is this metal supposed to stick out, and what keeps it in place?
b) Crafting a sort of cushion for the post to absorb the force and prevent bounce backs. Cushion inevitably ends up falling off after multiple hits.
c) Bending the metal guides on the left side at the top of the upper playfield.

Thanks for any thoughts!

1 month later
#73 10 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I love my TSPP. I've got mine modded up pretty nice.
Mine has an occasional issue with the monorail ramp. Maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. About 10% of the time, when the ball rolls down the monorail, the ball falls off the ramp right at the end and either falls in the shooter lane or the outlane (doh!). The machine is level and pitch feels about right.

This happens to me occasionally, when the ball is travelling especially fast. I've found that the monorail has some give to it- if you slide it a half inch either towards the top or bottom (see which works for you, i forget), it slows the ball down enough to not skip off the ramp at the bottom. Good luck!

3 years later
3 weeks later
#2108 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

So I have been able to play my new to me TSPP a few times now and have some questions/concerns.
1. When I get the I&S shot, sometimes when the ball is release I shoot it right back to the hole before the drop targets reset. This puts the ball behind the drop targets forcing the VUK to shoot the ball into the back of the drop targets. I updated the roms yesterday to v5 hoping it would solve this issue, but it did not. Does this happen to anyone else and if so is there a fix? Does it have something to do with the drop targets not getting the signal to lower before the ball is ejected?

I had this same problem when I first got my TSPP, even running the latest code. When the ball gets stuck behind the drops, the code is supposed to signal the drops to fall and kick the stuck ball out. My drops would not always fall, and the ball would just be kicked into the back of the drops endlessly.

To fix the problem, I tried the following:
1) I ran the diagnostic tests to make sure the coils for the drop worked. They would fire, but sometimes not be strong enough to consistently cause a drop to fall.
2) I took the drop mechanism apart, inspected and cleaned it, looking for anything that might be catching.
3) I got new springs for the drops. The increased tension seemed to help pull the drops down at the correct time. This seemed to be the biggest help to solve the problem, though I still have the issue occasionally.

11 months later
#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does anyone know why this screw and bushing is in the Otto lane? It's not stock is it?

I have the same thing on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.95
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 18.95
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ab3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=ab3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.