(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Forgive this question if it seems stupid but what is that significance? (I wasn’t in the hobby back then to know) Why were there so few made in 2008?

The game was first built in 2003, and had many runs throughout the years (along with LOTR). By 2008 Stern has changed from Whitestar to SAM, so they didn’t have a lot of Whitestar boards to keep making big runs of older games...not to mention demand had dwindled anyway as used TSPP & LOTR were really common. Some distribs still wanted some new inventory to sell to customers, so small runs were still being built in 2008 if distribs wanted them.

1 week later
#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Anyone else surprised to not hear Marge doing call outs?

Nope. They could afford 3 voice actors so they chose the ones who do the most voices each. Julie Kavner only does Marge, Patty & Selma. Dan C., Hank Azaria & Nancy Cartright do tons.

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Just wanted to add a picture of my TSPP before I got too carried away with modding it[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh, why did you Smurf-bomb it? Take all those blue lights out. Looks terrible. You already got too carried away!!!

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Ha, those came with the machine. What should they look like?

White lights. People who match light color to playfield color don’t understand the concept of
how color and light works.

E014FF87-BD3B-4DB5-B567-4CE15A323A4F.jpegE014FF87-BD3B-4DB5-B567-4CE15A323A4F.jpeg
#4376 4 years ago

Maybe going through a moment of crazy, but thinking of possibly selling my TSPP in order to mix things up a bit. Out of space & might need the room for another game purchase. It will always be one of my favorite games, but I’ve had it for at least a decade, played it a billion times & don’t really play it much any more. I tend to gravitate toward quicker, less deep games these days...plus, I’ve still got LOTR if I need some depth. On the other hand, it’s prob the nicest TSPP I’ve ever seen, doesn’t have the blotch on Homer’s head, and the translite is autographed by a few cast members....although I could keep the translite and replace it with a stock one.

Talk me off the ledge...or push me over it. Lol.

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don’t do it, you’ll regret it. I sold my lotr instead. I’m in the same boat, owned since 2003 nib, but can’t sell it. Huge Simpson’s fan and to me it has everything I could ever want in a game from callouts to art to rules to shot variety and it’s built like a tank. Stern’s best effort ever. Now, there are plenty out there so you can always find another, but to me my game is special.

That’s sorta what I keep thinking. Whenever I think I might have to choose a game to sell, in my mind I think it’ll be TOM. But then I play my TOM & I just get sucked into the classic B&W feel. As much as I love TSPP, sometimes I’m like “well, maybe I’m finally over that Whitestar feeling”. I’m buying 2 games from a friend, and I only have room for 1 lol. I *could* bring one to work to put in my office...but I feel like just letting something go is the more mature thing to do....but if not TSPP, what?

#4383 4 years ago

Nah, it’s too good. 90’s games with ultra unique mechs and design are keepers, and Dr. Who is definitely one of those. Nothing is like the Time Expander. It’s awesome.

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

in your collection, the first out the door would be DW, owned it for 10 years, and to this day still can't get that music out of my head. Next would be FG. the rest I'd keep if I could. I recently sold my Iron man, I had owned it since new, it was a vault, great game, but don't miss it. I find that when I sell games, in most cases I don't miss them. I have a large enough collection to compensate. We have similar tastes, only ones I don't or haven't had that I wish I did that
you have are tron and TNA.

I will never sell FG. Ever. Even if I get out of pinball, FG stays.

I love Dr. Who, love the music...keeping that.

Was going to sell Iron Man, but after Endgame, I couldn’t lol. It’s one of my favorite Marvel characters and favorite Marvel pin.

So far I’ve sold Hobbit, Getaway & Congo to thin my collection. More background - I’m having a baby next month, so part of the purge was to make baby room. Also, the reality of having a kid is that I’m not gonna be playing much anyway. Down the road, I can see whittling down to something like 10 pins - and in that scenario, not sure if TSPP would make that cut. So, since I don’t play it much now anyway, will def not be playing it when baby comes....maybe that’s the one to go.

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just got my Simpsons last Sunday. Since then I've done a few things. LDC display, Titian rubber kit, new balls, cleaned and waxed the playfiled, LED the whole game, and game blades. I also added Sparky's TV, Treehouse and Lamp mod. Also added a few figures is had in storage, Krusty, Duffman, and a few Treehouse of Horrors BK figures which fit perfect. As for a topper I added Kang and Kodos that I want to light up. I've been waiting a long time to get this game. Simpsons is one of my favorite shows. The pinball is even better. This one I found was HUO with no cabinet or playfield wear.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes ...so much trash on the playfield AND smear mode on the ColorDMD. My heart aches.

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The mod police is out !

The game already comes with a ton of toys on it that are functional to the gameplay. Why does it need mass amounts of clutter? It detracts and it’s gaudy.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Great, thats your opinion, I choose to put more stuff in it. I probably don't like the way your game looks.

Sick burn.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Installing a colordmd board. Got everything hooked up, got power to the colordmd screen, but wont play video from thegame, menus only. Also having a hard time taking a flash. Everything look right in my setup? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

Did you update it with TSPP ColorDMD code? They ship “generic”. It won’t work for any specific game unless that games ColorDMD code is installed.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You know you've got a nice collection when they all feel like keepers to you. You have great games, even a couple that may seem likely to get cut by some, may be favorites to you. I should really sell 2-3 of mine, and I don't know what I could part with! Definitely not TSPP, for me.

Yeah, I just had a killer game on my TSPP with Couch MB stacked with I&S, D’oh, some modes - it was crazy....put me back in the “nah, can’t sell this one” mode lol

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Late reply on this one... but in my opinion, anyone thinking of getting rid of TSPP and keeping NGG, needs to have their head examined.

Lol sorry but when push comes to shove, I’ll take classic 90’s B/W Lawlor games over anything newer...plus, my NGG is super mint, HUO, barely any plays on it when I bought it. It has one of my favorite sound packages ever - the music is incredible. Plus, I bought it from Marty Ingels, the voice of Pac-Man!

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could clear up an issue I'm having. Does this switch coming out of the upper playfield always make the monorail swishing noise when the ball passes under it? I did a switch test and it show the switch is working, but it wont make the monorail noise anymore. Do I have to be in a certian mode for that?
Thank for any help
[quoted image]

Yes, it should swish every time. So - what’s probably happening is your switch is fine, but when the ball passes by it, it’s not pushing it enough to hit the button. When you do the switch test, try it with the ball instead of your finger. Then - you can adjust the metal part accordingly so it presses the switch button from the ball passing by.

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Thanks for the help. Its the weirdest thing. I changed the batteries thus resetting the game and now it works every time. Shame on me for not checking the batteries when I first bought the game. Looking at the boards really close tonight I noticed a little bit of green on one of the batteries. Glad I caught it sooner than later.
Thanks again

Did any of the battery goo get in the battery holder or CPU? If so, a 50/50 solution of white vinegar/water will get rid of it. Consider getting the SVRAM mod so you never have to worry about batteries again. It really easy to install on Stern Whitestar boards.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Interesting. I wonder what the rationale is on wanting to keep the balls on the couch from a player's or operator's perspective.

For most location players, couch multiball is impossible. So - if 2 are already up there, it’s more likely a location player might get to enjoy it. It’s sorta like how BK2K saves the RANSOM letters for the next player.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I feel lucky to have a pristine HUO game.
I've seen routed games with the artwork faded on the start button/flipper buttons - how do I protect from this?
Clear decals? Nuclear rails?
Or will it be find in my basement where basically I'm the only one playing it?

They should be fine in home use, but one of the parts vendors (I forget who) used to sell protective mylar pre-cut to place over the buttons.

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

as does Pinball Life....[quoted image]

Oh yeah, those are the ones I’ve got.

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So I did a little bit of searching and couldn't find a definitive answer, but the shot on the upper playfield with the right flipper to the ramp for the couch is a hard one to make. Most of the time my ball goes up the ramp and just cant make the turn and falls back down. Is it just a matter of waxing the ramp really good or are there other things to try? I know most of it is a timing issue. Is the shot really supposed to be that difficult?
thanks

Make sure the flipper coil plunger & sleeve are clean...maybe get a new sleeve or rebuild if you have to.

1 week later
#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Oh,nqueation about locking the ball in the couch - after getting my first couch multiball, it seems I have to do something to tenable the ability to lock the ball - otherwise when you make the shot, it just spits it out. What am I aiming for to re-enable the lock?

The green lock targets on the upper playfield.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This Duff can mod is kind of flimsy it shakes every time homer turns his head anyone have a fix to make it more stable[quoted image]

Remove it.

2 weeks later
#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if you're going to have a flakey switch its these "Y" switches, hate em!

Yeah, they are problematic. If you have a game like TSPP that uses them...just order a few to have around as spares.

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Tspp owners
Question
Does anyone have an led kit list available ? Want this game to sparkle
Also Any suggestions on what is the optimal settings for modes and IS drops etc
Or if there is a page in this massive thread lmk
Thanks

Just use the same 2-LED clear domed cool whites that Stern uses on their games. They distribute light very well. It’s not as spotty as my pics look. However, use warm whites under the orange ramps so they look nice. Cools make them look goofy. I did use one frosted dome under the orange ramp to the left of Homer’s head. It’s in that perfect eyeliner spot that will annoy you with a clear dome LED...so, frosted there. The rest are covered by plastics well enough.

For inserts, don’t color match!!! Use cool whites under green, blue & white. Warm white under red, yellow and orange...and the middle family character inserts. This will bring out the natural color of the inserts beautifully. Use pink under the pink/purple inserts like Bart modes. I used the premium non ghosting flat top dome style, but painted the top white to diffuse the LEDs. I preferred this over frosted. Frosted changes the color temp slightly. White paint pen on top of the flat dome doesn’t.
ED1344AD-DA6F-4287-A71A-3276EB999929.jpegED1344AD-DA6F-4287-A71A-3276EB999929.jpeg157E93FC-1A16-45CB-936B-C203AEC3F537.jpeg157E93FC-1A16-45CB-936B-C203AEC3F537.jpeg273117C6-DD85-45D2-83A5-DEB105F59A29.jpeg273117C6-DD85-45D2-83A5-DEB105F59A29.jpeg1FC1A6FE-31B3-4409-B968-567F71D8440B.jpeg1FC1A6FE-31B3-4409-B968-567F71D8440B.jpeg2DC1279A-9C2E-4003-B321-EF11417A5C19.jpeg2DC1279A-9C2E-4003-B321-EF11417A5C19.jpeg903260C4-A1D9-4D2F-8790-D1FCFF79C50F.jpeg903260C4-A1D9-4D2F-8790-D1FCFF79C50F.jpeg

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Use comet frosted in most of the GI, in the inserts, color match the bulbs, if you just use white some of the colors are washed out.
Yellow inserts should get orange bulbs.
I'd do orange under the ramps too.
Forget kits, they are over priced sub par bulbs.

Ignore this. Don’t color match. The color of the inserts are their own color and look great with proper warm or cool. Only pink/purple benefit from colored LED.

Don’t use frosted in GI unless it’s directly in your eyeline.

Don’t use orange under the ramps. Use warm white - they’ll make the orange of the ramp really orange, but won’t orange bomb the playfield...you’ll get the benefit of an orange ramp and white GI.

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

"Ignore this" is a bit extreme of a response.
I just did it recently.
Took some experimenting. But I had quite a few colors on hand and i'm pretty confident colors in the inserts looks better.
But if you have a different opinion, that's fine and all, but suggesting to ignore someone else's post comes off pretty rude.
Reds may not of needed it, but at some point it's just easier to do all the colors.

LOL sorry to be so blunt, but it came right after my writeup and I was like "c'mon" ...

But seriously, I've seen LEDs from the moment people started using them in pinball, and it's been a bumpy ride of horrible light spread & color bombing...and when I finally realized it could be done right, I became an LED convert...many local hobbyists have seen my LED jobs in person and love them, even if they were LED haters.

I reject your confidence that colors look better in inserts as a blanket way to do it...perhaps some games it may look better...but inserts are like gems - they have a really lovely natural color that incandescents do not bring out, but a correctly placed warm or cool white LED will make look brilliant. For instant on this game...cool white on the blue I&S inserts result in a beautiful sky blue...but if you use blue, you get a harsher more artificial "LED" blue.

My method results in a brilliantly colored game from color temperature, not color blasting.

Quoted from C_Presley:

Curious why you feel to not use frosted in GI? imo using clear lenses gives you hot spots through the plastics?

So, even incandescents will result in a hot spot, that's just the nature of the distance from the light to the plastic. When LEDs started, hot spots were bad because the LED only pointed directly up. You had a hot spot and no spread - resulting in games actually being darker! The modern 2-LED with domes that Stern uses have a wonderful light spread...so yes, you'll get a traditional hot spot, but also great light spread. A frosted bulb might mellow the spot, but also it will reduce spread...I also don't like the color temperature that frosted domes give off...it just makes the game seem more artificial looking and less true and vibrant.

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Occasionally you will get a color that looks funky with whites (red inserts on tron look pink)

Tron has pinkish inserts. They’re not the standard red color.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

We view bulbs very different ways.
I see how they look as an opinion, you see them as a fact.

Of course it’s all subjective. However, I see so many LED people suggesting color matching as the only way to go, so lots of people do it. I personally feel if people do that as a “rule”, that it makes games look harsh. It’s worth exploring using the varying color temperature of warm white and cool white to see how it brings out the natural colors. For example the blue inserts in my Addams looked shitty with white, so in that case I went with blue LED. Family Guy has a lot of clear or yellow inserts that look better color coded, so I used red on jackpots, green on Seamus, orange on Extra Ball, red on Death. I used a color changer on Skill Shot.

Anyway - you do you, it’s all good - I just wanna put it out there that color matching isn’t a necessity and neither are frosted bulbs. Colors sparkle & pop with my method.

C7D1D915-6CE2-4022-AC4F-09E260910500 (resized).jpegC7D1D915-6CE2-4022-AC4F-09E260910500 (resized).jpegBBF7D310-F214-4C71-8456-D2BCFBEEB91B (resized).jpegBBF7D310-F214-4C71-8456-D2BCFBEEB91B (resized).jpeg80BB9A2E-4255-4355-933B-1A9B905D7B95 (resized).jpeg80BB9A2E-4255-4355-933B-1A9B905D7B95 (resized).jpegBBD78BA0-8480-4531-BF08-E9EFAE001CD1 (resized).jpegBBD78BA0-8480-4531-BF08-E9EFAE001CD1 (resized).jpeg
#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Great chart! I’m still new to the game. Do you have to complete all the tv modes or just start them to get to Alien Invasion?

Just start them. And they all stack so - you could theoretically start one, relight with right orbit, get back up to TV to start another, repeat until you get to Alien Invasion!

#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Ah, thanks! I thought I got one blinking, then it didn't light for the rest of the game once the mode was over. I'll have to get it to occur again and see what happens...or do you mean after I get the first character blinking, then I have to hit the couch again to keep character #1 lit?

If I remember correctly, blinking just means that’s the character up for collection. You need to get it solid to count as collected. You have to get all the jackpots, including the TV - THEN the couch to get the character. Do it again to get the next one. It’s very tough, I don’t think I’ve gotten more than 2.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from Grindhouse:

Joined the club last Friday. Picked this up from a guy who found it in a storage unit. Extremely dirty playfield but boards are very clean. Original batteries but no leakage, nvram on the way. Goodie bag still stapled inside. Someone stole the coin box at one point and in doing so destroyed the lock down bar, bent the coin door up pretty good, bent the lockdown bar receiver, chipped the glass and gouged the cabinet below the left side rail. Started cleaning it tonight. Coming along pretty well so far, but it’s a slow go. Really looking forward to playing it soon.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You got one of the better playfield runs. There’s no splotch on Homer’s head!

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Does anyone make a nice pinsound soundset for TSPP?
I only found Original at pinsound forum.
I think with the simpsons rock theme would be great, and without the annoying d'oh frenzy sound

Is your Homer head working 100%. Part of the fun of Doh Frenzy is that he moves & lights up with each Doh! Removing it would be weird.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

I just wish not every single switch gave an audible doh, the head should still follow but only doh on switches that matter.

That wouldn’t be as funny & wouldn’t be a Frenzy. Lots of games have Switch Frenzy modes. Addams has Mamushka (every switch is a “Hey!”), Family Guy has Chicken Fight (every switch is a punch).

2 weeks later
#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I've had my TSPP for 2 or 3 months now and realized it's a long-term keeper, so I purchased an LCD COLORDMD. I realize it's a subjective choice, but does anyone have an opinion on the "best" mode for the LCD? I did a search on pinside and found discussions about LCD versus LED, but couldn't readily find an answer to this topic. Thanks for any opinions!

DOTS XL forever. It’s the best representation of the art. So-called “Hi Rez” smears the art into something grotesque.

1 month later
#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Totally unrelated question: Anyone know if there’s something specific that invokes the “Si señor” call out, or is it random? I haven’t been able to figure out a correlation

It’s when you collect the “Si” of “Simpsons”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
$ 218.00
$ 16.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.