(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5433 3 years ago

Bought my first pin last week... and hear I am.

It's suspiciously wrapped in moving blankets in my garage. Can't wait for Christmas Day.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

BAM! Dropping it early for your holiday fun!!
The Simpsons Custom PINSOUND Audio Package!!! by scandell v1.5
Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing
30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available! Found a TON of amazing callouts from a myriad of different Simpson's Video Games!...
[quoted image]
Specific Audio Package thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod

Well that just cost me $824 at Pinsound, website suckered me into an ultimate kit. Can't wait and thanks for. putting this together!

4 weeks later
#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenkins:

Same here! $700 in Pinsound gear later, I’m ready for it!

Same... pin sound in hand, TSPP arriving Friday.

#5474 3 years ago

Does anyone know if I need the latest Rom for pinsound? My Rom is on its way I’m v4 not 5. Should I wait for it or am I good to go?

I’m assuming I should be fine I didn’t see any requirements online.

#5478 3 years ago

Installation question...

My pin sound came with a USB drive that had 2 files on it.

Original Sound
Scandell Sound

Do I need to remove one of them before I put the USB in? It's been playing this funky elevator music for a while and saying its checking sound files. I'm thinking I need to pick one or the other.

Thanks

#5481 3 years ago

Sounds great thank you. I got it working with the scandal sound. I'm going to load the Original as well.

Another question about the pinsound. I installed the shaker, and it does nothing. Is there another file I need to add for that as well. I did notice that TSPP isn't in their list of current supported machines. AKA they don't have a file. Does anyone have one or am I waiting until they get one. I'm assuming after all this time it may not happen.

Just noticed that Batiste sound will have shaker integration. Woop

Thanks.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Apparently this is easy to add in the Pinsound studio program, but I've not delved into that program as of yet...too many other things to do...

Yeah I have no interest in that either. I will wait.

Thx

#5485 3 years ago

Okay pinstadium owners....

I’m need help. I think (hope) I blew a fuse. Upon installation I had a bunch of lights go out and I’m not sure what fuse or what else it might be.

The lights along the left side (where my alligator clips are connected are out.

No idea what fuse to check.

Thank you

7ADB17A7-5A74-4F07-80D6-8B8B6D9C4E19 (resized).jpeg7ADB17A7-5A74-4F07-80D6-8B8B6D9C4E19 (resized).jpeg
#5487 3 years ago

I have a manual was looking in the completely wrong area. Looks like it may be f25.

I ordered some fuses and should be here tomorrow.

Thank you

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

If you don't have it already, you're going to want to download a copy of the owner's manual: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf
Check F24-27 to see which one blew. Fuse locations are on page 3 of the PDF.
But, make sure you undo whatever you did with your PinStadiums until you can figure out what caused the apparent short before you toss another fuse in there.

Fuse, fixed. Thank you! Pinstadium’s are great.

#5489 3 years ago

FYI got the pinsound and speaker upgrade. Underwhelmed.

The speakers look more powerful but the sound just isn’t there. The sub doesn’t do what a sub should do.

The sound was better pre installation. Maybe there’s a setting but I was expecting something a little more full. I have tried both Scandalls and pin sounds Simpsounds sound file. Feels like a waste of a good sub. Might put it in another machine.

I am a noob but an audiophile so I know something is a miss. Hopefully Babtiste’s is better.

#5491 3 years ago

Your call outs are fantastic and really funny. My complaint is with the actual sound system. I expected it to sound 1/2 as good as my newer pin but it doesn’t sound better than what I had.

#5494 3 years ago

Amazing suggestions. I will give that a shot, never noticed the EQ thought it would be in the pin settings.

#5495 3 years ago

Awesome suggestions. I never even noticed the EQ on the board. Duh!

I will have a look. Thank you!

#5497 3 years ago

I played with the EQ. Massive improvement.

Sounds great, sounds full. Thanks for the tip!

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I could use a little help with my new Pinsound system. Like many others I am super excited about Scandell’s sound package and I went all in buying a full Pinsound system. My problem is that my board simultaneously plays Scandells file on the headphones and the original file through the cabinet speakers. I have found that if the USB drive only has the “Scandell” sound package files on it that the headphone station operates correctly but not the cabinet speakers. With the headphones I can hear the Pinsound installation prompts and then the Scandell sound package operates normally. During installation the speakers in the cabinet are silent and then when I play the pin the cabinet speakers play the “original” sound package. The original sound package is NOT loaded on the USB drive. WTF!? How is it possible that I can hear the Scandell sound package through the headphones while the original sound package plays through the cabinet speakers despite not being loaded on the USB drive?
I have emailed Pinsound support a few times but I have not received a reply on this issue. Thank you for any suggestions from other users!

I just installed mine a couple days ago and other than EQ issues it went without a hitch.

The only thing I would do is check your connections from the pinsound to the pin. Almost seems like you haven’t moved the speaker sound from the pin to the pinsound system.

If you follow the red green(I think) speaker wires, make sure the harness they attach to are not plugged into the Simpsons pin board.

Remove the usb all together, if your still getting original sound, your not hooked up properly.

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

You sir are correct! My fatal flaw was I installed new speakers and then I followed the Pinsound video instructions to every detail, including connecting the CN4 harness to the old speaker bundle and not the new speaker harness. Sometimes you have to be able to think for yourself and I blew it in this case. Thank you so much for the help.
Sincerely,
Ralph Wiggum

Bottoms line it you got it fixed! I got the exact same kit and it’s great. You can load both sound files and switch between them using the knob on the headphone adapter. Dial in your EQ on the pinsound board and it will help the sound quality.

Glad it worked, glad I could help.

Enjoy!

#5505 3 years ago

I got the alien invasion yesterday too. No idea what the hell I was doing. Said lock balls or press start to release them. Was a lot of fun but would have been better with some direction.

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
Anyone done a powdercoated pink side rails/legs/lockdown etc? Darker pink.
Before you crucify my this is my daughters machine and I’m about to put the alternate artwork on the cabinet which is heavy in pink donuts. Got the pink donut shooter and access to pink T-Molding for the backbox

I have seen pink before. Check the photos of this thread. I think it looks better than the yellow. Might be in the powder coating thread.

#5517 3 years ago

^^ can’t wait

3 weeks later
#5529 3 years ago

I have a weird issue that just started. Played a game, all was fine. During my second game my right two upper right flippers stayed stuck up. I turned the game off, they came down.

Powered up the game again and all the flippers were down. Hit the start buttons and the upper two right flippers went to the up position.

No idea where to look and what might be causing it. I have about 50 games since any new mods that I put on. Any idea what I can check? I’m new to pins so any lament terms are appreciated. Thank you!!

FB022EA9-F5E5-4E7C-8A87-87D30C77998F (resized).jpegFB022EA9-F5E5-4E7C-8A87-87D30C77998F (resized).jpeg
#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Have you checked the cabinet switch gap? The outer switch in the stack controls those two flippers.

Thanks for the post. I have not checked that. The only thing I have tried so far is removing the alligator clips from my pinstadiums (someone else’s suggestion)

Is this what I should be looking at?

Side note... love Albuquerque, my older pro played semi-pro hockey there for a few years. Beautiful city.

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Pinstadiums will have no effect on the flippers, there are no optos to interfere with. Since only the upper flippers go up and the lower doesn't, the switch stack is probably the culprit. Lift your playfield, and look at the area where the right flipper button is. There is a stack of leaf switches there that control the right side flippers. One part of the stack controls the lower flipper, the other part control the upper two flippers. If the gap is too close on one the stacks, you could see the behavior you are experiencing.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I’m going to take a look this afternoon.

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You don't even have to look at the flipper leaf switches. You can just go into switch test mode and push the flipper button to see if the flipper button registers. If it registers, it's not the leaf switch. If it doesnt register, then the next step is to look at the leaf switches.

Even though my bottom flipper right flipper is working fine? I will go into switch test mode and try it ou.

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You don't even have to look at the flipper leaf switches. You can just go into switch test mode and push the flipper button to see if the flipper button registers. If it registers, it's not the leaf switch. If it doesnt register, then the next step is to look at the leaf switches.

Alright I thought this would be simple enough but I couldn’t even do this. I made it to the switch test section and I can see what engages as I touch different targets on the play field I can see a new dot appear in one of the vacant squares on the grid and an explication of that switch in the description.

However when I hit either of the flipper buttons, nothing would happen. Regardless of wether the coin door was open or not.

The other switch menu said Switch Test and said (None) underneath.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again
10641859-6573-4762-9C4E-20CDC98102FD (resized).jpeg10641859-6573-4762-9C4E-20CDC98102FD (resized).jpeg

#5544 3 years ago

Wow that was incredibly simple.

Turns out the metal flipper button nut fell off and was acting as a conductor for the switch.

Thanks again for all the help!!

D34B81BC-A480-42D3-B5F1-F5873558ACAC (resized).jpegD34B81BC-A480-42D3-B5F1-F5873558ACAC (resized).jpeg
#5551 3 years ago

Both sides have 2 nuts and this was a home use only with no mods.

I’m have tightened them both and we are back in business. I can get back to learning the rules on this deep game.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

1 week later
#5581 3 years ago

I do. Give me 15 minutes. I know there’s a spare cable.

#5583 3 years ago
34FA7C2F-A3EA-45EB-B423-57A725226273 (resized).jpeg34FA7C2F-A3EA-45EB-B423-57A725226273 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks. Does that go to the speakers or back to the original sound board? Also, what's is in ext1? My system didn't come with that.

6 wires, 2 to each speaker, 2 to the sub

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Right. Does anything come off your CN4 on your stock sound board?

Nothing. Cn4 is for original speakers. That needs to be disconnected completely.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5590 3 years ago

I believe it’s the headphone station. Im not near my pin

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

The headphone station plugs into the ethernet port.

My bad. Probably my pinball shaker motor

#5595 3 years ago

Awesome!!!

#5596 3 years ago

Update... Unreal!!!

The call outs are out of this world. What an improvement. I’m not sure why it sounds so much better too. The shaker addition is awesome too.

All the characters. Wow. Even when you open the coin door.

Well done @baptiste! Well worth the wait!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Do you have a shaker? For some reason I don't feel like a shaker fits in this game. AFM destroy the saucer? Hell yeah. MM destroy the castle? Shake baby shake. With the simpsons gameplay I don't see where it can be used much other than multiball

Yeah I have the shaker. Game doesn’t need it but I still like the tactile response.

#5600 3 years ago

I’m sure it’s not related to the new sound file but does anyone have a clue what the hell is happening here?

#5602 3 years ago

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely give that a shot.

#5603 3 years ago

That didn’t work but because of that I reseated most of the connections and it’s working. Not sure what one it was but your post helped. Thank you

3 weeks later
#5635 3 years ago

LCD here too...

1 month later
#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi everyone! Got my Simpsons recently and after rebuilding all 6 flipper mechs

Curious, did they need to be rebuilt or is this an upgrade. I only own 2 pins and my other is a Stranger Things. I find the flippers super clunky.

2 months later
#5788 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The Scandell mix is great too. I have the original, Baptiste, and Scandell on one thumb drive and occasionally cycle between them with the volume knob on the headphone kit.

Scandell did a great job as well. I put a shaker on my machine and it works with Baptiste.

2 months later
#5981 2 years ago

I have never seen or played Family Guy and have heard it mentioned before that it wasn't that good. Might have been South Park or both haha. I don't remember.

Anyways, I thought here would be a good place to ask.

Thanks

#5992 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Wait a darn minute here... If you were holding both flipper buttons, what did you push the start button with?

3 weeks later
#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:anyone installed a shaker in his TSPP ?
how do you like it? where did you connect it?
i purchased one for a future TWD but must of them already have a shaker, so im stuck with it lol

I did but I got it with a pinsound board. I don’t believe the shaker motor works with a stock game. They never programmed it to work with a shaker. If you want to buy a pinsound board and change the audio file, you can get a shaker to work.

#6063 2 years ago

https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control-shaker/

I didn’t search a ton but you need a motion control board. You may be able to buy it without the shaker.

1 week later
#6070 2 years ago

Mirror blades… any issue with cointaker? Have decal blades but the adhesive sucks and I’m looking to pull them out.

#6087 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

None, have them on my game.

Thank you

1 week later
#6117 2 years ago

Little upgrade…

Decided to powdercoat (Sour Apple) Did the habitrails and monorail too. Legs will be here tomorrow.

5ADDE90E-BADF-47F8-AEDD-A0FFD132BA4F (resized).jpeg5ADDE90E-BADF-47F8-AEDD-A0FFD132BA4F (resized).jpeg8E7D3053-79C8-4603-8BCD-22B0AE672707 (resized).jpeg8E7D3053-79C8-4603-8BCD-22B0AE672707 (resized).jpegDA345AE2-367C-4C4C-BEDE-4BC06F62334C (resized).jpegDA345AE2-367C-4C4C-BEDE-4BC06F62334C (resized).jpeg
#6122 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

That powdercoat job is beautiful, wow.

Thank you!

Quoted from PtownPin:

That looks awesome....who did that for u?

Local guy. I got my last pin done by pinball refinery and he did a good job. But shipping to and from was more expensive then getting it done locally. Didn’t know this guy existed but I’m really pleased with the outcome. Almost went pink….

#6134 2 years ago

Question… I have a bunch of lights out on the lower left side of my pin. Any idea where I can start trouble shooting that?

#6138 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Question… I have a bunch of lights out on the lower left side of my pin. Any idea where I can start trouble shooting that?

Fuse… fixed

#6146 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

i had the same issue and it was a blown fuse.
that fuse blow again.... where do i start for troubleshoot?
ALSO,
i need to buy a new itchy with axe, other than marcos whos selling it for 43$, is there somewhere else cheaper?

This is my second time with the same fuse. The ones I’m replacing it with don’t look anything like the original ones. Not sure if that’s the issue. My fuse is a thin wire compared to what looks to be a ceramic coated fuse. (Im sure it’s not ceramic).

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Looks amazing! Did your powder coat guy need to strip the existing black powder somehow?

No sure. I will ask. The process was standard.

4 weeks later
#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Are all TSPP on the clunky side? Compared to my other stern games, this one seems to be much louder. My lockbar does have some play, I'm wondering if I need some more weather stripping on it.
Cheers

I have 2 newer sterns and a new JJP. I find this pin to be beyond Clunky. I’m interested in a TWD my concern is the clunk. Definitely feels like an old machine. No offense TSPP owners. If it weren’t for my wife and kids this would be on the move. The least played pin in my lineup by far but fam friends love the theme.

3 weeks later
#6305 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Curious if anyone is still making custom shooter rods. Thanks.

Message pinzrfun

#6311 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone replaced their stock speakers/sub on tspp?
I Have a pinsound board
What did you get? Looking something « bolt on »

I went with the full pinsound kit. It came with replacement speakers and a sub. I’m also using an external sub. It sounds better but not mind blowing by any means.

#6320 2 years ago
Quoted from HiBrianMichelle:

We have the 2nd one and it looks awesome the way it's back-lit and looks like it could have been an oem topper. It was easy plug and play insulation. You can either screw or velcro the topper in place....I used the velcro since I didn't want to drill any holes and have 0 issues with it.

Same here. Looks fantastic. Didn’t drill the holes either.

9 months later
#6754 1 year ago

Anyone try the precision pinball flippers?

1 week later
#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Adding simpsons to my collection in a few days. If you add Pinsound to it you lose all the cool callouts right? Worth the upgrade???

Someone more experienced can chime in here but I made the change, upgraded my speakers, sub and added a shaker.

You can keep stock sound but it does not sound ½ as good. The bit rate (experts can expand) is different. I have the 2 other sound codes but if I could do it all over again I would keep it stock. I’m sure I’m the minority.

#6771 1 year ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I collaborated with scandell on his mix (see YouTube vid featuring that mix below), but I've been using Baptiste's mix lately.
Initially, it was a bit "busy" for my tastes, but I've come to love it. I'm still hear new callouts from time-to-time and it's very clear that Baptiste is a true fan of the Simpsons. Very good callout selection.

Curious which speakers you installed. I'm too much of a cheapass to buy one of the ready-made kits and most of the aftermarket shielded speakers I've seen are too deep would touch the boards). I've got the PinSound and an LED OCD board, so the backbox is pretty full.

I bought one of the kits

3 weeks later
#6810 1 year ago

I’m a couple years removed from doing this but I believe you need to have updated sound roms. I could be wrong but I had V4 and needed V5 for it to work. Again, “I think” that was my issue

If you have v5 sound Rom’s I would just go back and redo all your connections.

4 weeks later
#6889 1 year ago

Looks amazing

1 week later
#6913 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I ordered a set of 5 Precision Flippers for my TSPP, going to install soon.
Has anyone else tried them on their TSPP?

I ended up buying them for 4 of my pins and love them. Didn’t buy for TSPP because I never play it.

3 months later
#7014 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I was planning to. But then we put in new Stern flipper kits and cleaned/waxed playfield, etc. That was enough for me. Amazing how much more responsive the flippers are. The ball zips through the garage now!

I would love to know more about this? Is there a kit I can buy? Not a fan of the flippers at all.

2 months later
#7091 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Just picked up a TSPP yesterday and setting it up today. Was curious, has anyone changed the backboard lighting to the LED board that Lermods sells?

I have.

#7093 8 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Great....worth the price??

Looks way better than the old florescent bulb that was in there.

3 months later
#7174 5 months ago

I’m in!

The one I have is distorted.

IMG_1721 (resized).jpegIMG_1721 (resized).jpeg
#7186 4 months ago

Going back in time here but if I remember correctly, there were do passion sound packages you can get. I don’t remember their names but you can google it.

Both are good but I thought only one of them had the shaker programmed. They both might now.

It’s really easy to swap between them. I have the headphone holder and you simply turn the headphone dial to the max and back down and you hear a chime. You can swap through them all.

That being said… I found the original sound file for the game sounds like crap. And again going from memory I think it’s a copy of the original and not the original master.

I have done the mod and wish I never did it. If I can do it over again I would keep the original sound package and update the speakers maybe. The sound packages are good but not perfect.

About me: I like alternative sound packages. Have it on GOTG, STH and had it on JP and TWD. All were fantastic.

It’s been a couple years since I did the mod and I will bring it back to stock if I find the time and energy to do so. Goodluck.

#7187 4 months ago

I believe the shaker motor only works with Baptiste sound mode not the original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=PinPickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.