(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I want to look at making a Moe's sign mod now, since I guess they are no longer being made by anyone. Can someone tell me what the actual sign part looked like it was made out of? It did not use the original plastic, correct? Was it thin? I just need to have it scanned and printed on something that I can leave translucent on the back, I suppose. The EL paper is the easy part.

Don't do it......just bought a " working" Moes lit sign about a couple weeks ago for way too much money. Installed, and power supply died shortly after. There's a link somewhere another Pinsider shared that deals w the EL stuff....trouble is, even the company states that the half life of the EL is only 300 hours!!! I used their power supply ( 4.5 volts) sign lasted one day. Thinking about just doing an LED behind the original sign....looks pretty cool.....mark

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Don't do it......just bought a " working" Moes lit sign about a couple weeks ago for way too much money. Installed, and power supply died shortly after. There's a link somewhere another Pinsider shared that deals w the EL stuff....trouble is, even the company states that the half life of the EL is only 300 hours!!! I used their power supply ( 4.5 volts) sign lasted one day. Thinking about just doing an LED behind the original sign....looks pretty cool.....mark

Forgot to answer your question.....the original was screened right on the EL board, and attached to felt in the back..slightly raised to protect the connection......sorry

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

PDI glass for my TSPP arrives today, weeeeeee. I will be sure to take some good b4 and after pics.

Sweet!!!....that's my next move.....just put on some super bands tonight and WOW....I really like them on this game...anyone else using them ?

#324 10 years ago

what difference do you notice? more "bounce"? i was considering them.

Actually, tons more control, able to cradle and aim better....almost felt like cheating for a little bit, but really helped my game on this machine....I'm just an average player, so I need all the help I can get....

#325 10 years ago

I was thinking of doing something similar, just "backlighting" a moe's sign instead with some sort of LED contained in a small box behind the sign or something.

Yep, when I get more ambitious, I'm going for it......wasted a ton of time and money I'm embarrassed to admit (almost $200.00) with the EL stuff ( most of that was paying too much for the original lit Moes sign...BIG mistake)....

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Had to post these Simpsons cabinet decals here. Maybe most of you already know about them but they are so awesome I had to give SiilyOldElf another plug.

image.jpg 83 KB

image-654.jpg 105 KB

Going to put my set on tonight, hopefully .....now just need a set for FG!!!.....

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballwiz:

Anybody put mirror blades on their TSPP? I am thinking about that or the decals if I can get a set.

you can get the decals from sillyoldelf......I've got mirrors on my SM and others, but think the decals look really cool on this machine (just pics to this point, but I'll find out tonight...).....

#334 10 years ago

Let me know when you do, i'm in. we can start a separate thread. My idea is to make a small "back box" (possibly sheet metal and then just paint it), it will have threaded or maybe a channel to slide in a front clear plexi piece. Print out moe's sign on some sort of substrate that will have it glow with light behind it. wire in some sort of LED behind it and then find another light wire to hijack power from perhaps.
that's my initial thought at least. *shrug*

You can actually blow light pretty well through the existing Moe's Plastic. I was thinking about some kind of spot/ barn door type housing that could just snap on the back of the sign, and accept a 555 socket. Then experiment w some heavy ghosting LEDs ( I've got about a million of those) to emulate a flickering bar sign.......I'll let you know when I get the energy......trying to get in the right mindset to put these decals on tonight....I'm an electronics geek, definitely not a craftsman.....hoping I don't screw this up.....

#335 10 years ago

ok, in went the PDI glass last night on my TSPP.
(disclaimer, used my crappy cell phone camera)
Before (standard glass):

After (PDI glass):

Compare the color of my overhead light on my WOZ with invisiglass:

Same close up view on TSPP with PDI:

Not going to start a re-hash of the invisiglass VS PDI debate. I think they both look great. I do feel that the PDI glass suits the "color" of TSPP better. I mainly went with PDI since i already had invisiglass on WOZ and wanted to try "the other guy". I'm happy I did and like others have said, the camera cannot do it justice. I know its pricey but well worth it IMHO. Tho its easier for me to have optically coated glass as I only have two games.

woz_invisiglass_closeup.jpg 115 KB

tspp_pdi_closeup.jpg 144 KB

tspp_pdi_glass.jpg 162 KB

tspp_standard_glass.jpg 143 KB

It's truly amazing how the colors come out w the PDI. Getting ready to buy two more sheets now from Joey.....good guy......I have invisiglass on my WOZ, and looks great too.

#337 10 years ago

Even better, then i dont have to print anything. My lofty idea on flicker was to add a switch to the back of the housing so when the ball goes through it flashes the sign. but that would require some sort of flasher circuit, but im not opposed to that either. depends on how much time I dont have that I want to put into this, haha.

Exactly......it's that whole "spare time" thing that gets me......I end up playing pinball or trying to make it to the couch w remote in hand.......

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Here's a topper with twin spotlights. Spotlights flash along with all the others.

Kang and Kodos 002.JPG 130 KB

Kang and Kodos 002-622.JPG 130 KB

Very nice!!!....

1 month later
#358 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Picked this up at PAGG.... 15 minutes of Itchy and Scratchy video....Immediately becomes my favorite mod.

IMG_1915.JPG 212 KB

Yes please!!!....

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm getting PM's asking about pricing. Sorry, I thought I provided it in this thread, but it was in the other thread I linked:
$129 + shipping (Priority in US is $5.61).
Send me a PM if you're interested, and I can give you my Paypal info.

I'm in...hooray!!!

Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I finally got around to putting the inner-cabinet side decals on this last weekend. A sliced thumb and an hour of aggravation later, they look fantastic. Never installing side decals ever again.

Agreed...unless you get a FG.....hunted down a set, and they look awesome.....but for the rest...mirror blades....

#377 9 years ago

Installed TV when I got home today....looks great!!!...thanks...mark

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Marge Simpsons.jpg 43 KB

Quoted from Propaganda:

TSPP is basically one the best machines one can own.

I must agree....

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My new topper...my kids built it. I used double sided tape to secure everything.

20140601_101925.jpg 197 KB

20140601_101903.jpg 203 KB

Very Cool!!!...

1 week later
#407 9 years ago

Still on the fence on the TV mod, any videos floating around of it in action?

I'll try to post one tomorrow ....VERY cool mod!!!

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That would be great! I only have the one video I posted here, but it's not in the game, and it's an early version that is painted differently.

Well...here's a video....couldn't play and hold the iPad at the same time, but you get the idea....mod looks like it belongs on the game ( image does NOT have lines running through it in person...just related to scan rate of iPad)

Hope this helps...mark

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

love this! If I keep my game, I'm getting this for sure

Yep...and definitely looks better in person......this title really fits this mod, imho......mark

7 months later
#585 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Getting the upper play field off is easy - just 3 large black nobs to unscrew and lift clear of the flippers. The TV is easy to remove as well to get to the switch behind. Just may need a little bend to make it more prominent to register. Rarely does it need resoldering. I've had one switch give up - at the base of the upper play field VUK. This is easy to access from under the whole play field - so just unscrew and solder in a new one.

Glad to find your post...that switch is giving me fits too....I want to buy a new one w/ actuator, but can't find it on Marco or pinball life's site....help?......thanks....mark

#586 9 years ago

Scratch that...just found it:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=197

Some reason I always have a problem navigating their site, but they always have what I need...

1 week later
#649 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I remember the days of getting tax returns

Me too...but barely....been a long time ago....I love owning a Company, I love owning a Company, (repeat until I either believe, or just don't care anymore)....

#651 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

It's great, but the stress is a bitch. Especially when the compliancy auditor walks in your front door like they did last week. Oh well we did fine.

Allowed me to delve into the world of sleeping and anti anxiety meds...yeah, it has it's perks...congrats on getting the auditor pass....mines coming next Tuesday.....joy...

#664 9 years ago

May be buried earlier in the thread.....used Cliffys for all the standard Posts ( took a lot of the " clicking" out) but looking for the size to fit the larger post on right side of garage door, soft rubber version.
Any ideas?....thanks.....mark

#670 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Check page 4
First post links to a pinballlife link, and some other ideas afterwards.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/4

Thanks!!! just got home from work and will check out tonight.....mark

7 months later
#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Joined the club for a 2nd time today. Picked up a HUO with a Color DMD and a ton of other mods (LEDs, Sparky MDM, etc). I'm going to actually read the rule sheet this time and try to understand why there is so much love for this game. Looking forward to digging into this one!

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Congrats!!!....a great game...I've made Alien adventure a few times, but a lot of work ( for me)....don't have the mode order completely figured out yet.

Have an ledocd coming for mine, as well....think it will help me keep track of what's going on......enjoy!!!....mark

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah I need to order an LED OCD for sure!

I put one on my SM and it helped a lot ....I have no ghosting on TSPP, but there's a lot going on at once....so hoping to calm the " blinkeys" a bit so I can keep track of what I'm doing.....seen others post that it's a " must have" on this machine w LEDs.....

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Could you just put in non ghosting LEDs and cut out the need for the OCD board?

Not the same, really......I actually have non ghosters in my inserts ( did it before I was in tune to Herg's board)...no ghosting, but the 'fade ' effect gone as well ( kind of important w game like TSPP, as a lot of inserts, things to keep up with).....

Technically, standard LEDs work better w the ledocd, but I left mine in ( the non ghosters) and still see a big improvement on my SM...definitely looking forward to it installing on my TSPP.....

#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Most of the time out of the box is fine. I've only ever adjusted the settings for ST.

Agreed.....is fun to "dial in"....however.....you can tweak for days..........

3 weeks later
#1085 8 years ago

is there a clock to set in this game? just wandering around the machines setting all of mine back an hour, and couldnt find one in the menu........never noticed before......

2 years later
#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Back in the club. Working on this beauty. Will post pics when completed.
Bought a stock home use only 2 weeks ago and she is going through some changes.

Nice topper!!! going to be a beauty.....

3 months later
#3445 6 years ago

trying to find the treehouse mod, but lost it.....some help?

2 years later
#5622 3 years ago

Anyone want to tackle a giant for fun?:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

5 votes seperate the machines (I have them both and are keepers..just kind of cool "old school" is within striking distance....)

9 months later
#6186 2 years ago

Merry Christnas all, Doh!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 45.00
$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 218.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.