(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3595 5 years ago

Good luck! At least it looks like you have the ability to make some good popcorn while you work on this.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Got to Pretzel MB, but had no idea what I was doing, then pinball happened and all the balls pretty much drained at the same time.
Is Pretzel a completable mode?
Also, for AI, do you drop down a level if you drain even one ball? I've been to the third level (lock 4 balls) but after locking 3, I didn't see any lit inserts.
Do you have to get couch locks in this mode, or can you just hit other shots? Otto usually seems to be lit.
I've had the game a week or two, and although I find the game confusing as hell, it's still pretty fun to shoot!

Alien invasion in my opinion is the best mode ever, in any game. In each stage you need to lock more balls, starting with 2 and going up to 5.

They can be locked in the couch, otto shot, itchy and scratchy hole, or in the garage if I recall correctly. But the garage only counts if it's the last lock of the stage.

So in the early stages you don't need any in the couch. But when you get to the stage with 5 balls then at least 2 need to be in the couch.

I like to try to make the garage the last lock of each stage. This way, it gets kicked up to the living room right away on the next stage and you can try to get it in the couch.

There's a ball saver at each stage. So you can drain balls during that. After the ball saver ends, if you drain one ball, you go back to the previous stage.

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's one tough ass mode to finish. I'll try your strategy out and see how I make out.
So for SDMEWM, you need to complete all 6 modes?
I know some people argue that Valinor is the toughest wizard mode to reach in pinball, but from early impressions, this seems significantly harder.
I've been 3 shots away from Valinor, but I don't even think I've completed a mode once in this game haha.

Well, full disclosure, I've completed alien invasion only a couple times, and I've owned the game since 2007. So, my advice may not be worth much.

I have pretty much no chance of ever seeing SDMEWM. Except on YouTube. You have to do all of the following:

Beat alien invasion
Beat Springfield mystery spot
Beat daredevil mania
Beat secret stash
Collect all 5 couch multiball super jackpots
Beat scatchy's revenge (collect super jp)
I think you have to start pretzel mb as well.

I don't have as much playing time on LOTR, so I really can't compare this to Valinor. I can't imagine Valinor would be harder than this?

#3618 5 years ago

Oh and just to add. ..

Yes, tspp is super deep, and nearly impossible to beat for most people.

But in my opinion, there's more to rules than just being deep. The ruleset in this game is genius.

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, I've been pretty close to Valinor a couple of times, but TSPP just seems like there is so much more to tackle to get to the end.
For example, if you miss ROTK the first time around, you can get back to it in a decent game and continue your progress.
But if you miss AI in TSPP, your stuck starting all the modes again just to get another shot at it?!?!
How about something like Scatchys Revenge? Do you have to do all 4 multiballs again to start it and try to complete?

Yep, and same with mystery spot, too. You have to work your way back to it. The good news though is usually if you work your way up to AI, you sort of end up naturally getting pretty close to starting the others as well.

And don't overlook victory laps along the way. If you beat several or all of the normal modes on the same ball, you will get victory laps which can add up to huge points.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played a game tonight that lasted about 45 mins, and I didn't even get one of the objectives for SDMEWM!
I played AI, but couldn't get past the 4 ball lock round. I didn't see any lit inserts, so wasn't sure what to shoot at. Does that mean the it has to go up to the couch, as nothing else is available to lock?
I also got a Sextuple jackpot, but no idea what that was about.
It almost feels like there is too much going on sometimes in this game. Maybe when I play it more, it will make sense.

I love sextuple jackpots! Great callout. They are actually very simple. During couch multiball, a shot to the tv is normally a triple jackpot. If you have 2x scoring up there (via otto) then it's a sextuple jackpot.

And yeah, AI is tough to complete. But fun to try! On the 4 ball stage, you will have to lock at least one in the couch, no way around it.

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, on the final stage of AI (5 locks), do you have to lock two on the couch?

Yep.

2 weeks later
#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think it's a pretty cool game, but putting the SDMEWM that far out of each feels a bit cheap to me.

That's certainly a valid viewpoint, but personally, I don't think it feels cheap at all. You have to beat everything else in the game to get to the final wizard mode. That seems right to me. After all, it is named Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode.

It's very difficult to do, no doubt, and most people will never see it. You've only had the game a month, it seems like you are doing very well.

Personally, I view all of the other wizard modes in the game as the major wizard modes. And they are awesome wizard modes, especially AI and SMS.

Also, to me, one of the bigges goals of the game is completing (winning) as many of the normal modes as possible in one ball, and racking up huge victory laps points.

3 weeks later
#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I just got my machine. It’s running code 2.0. Does ball save exist in this code?

I have no idea if it exists in that version, but just wanted to mention that the setting you are looking for is called "freeze time". I have no idea why they named it that.

#3756 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Thanks! I found that. I was wondering where the option was. Before turning that on, a few times the ball would go back into the shooter lane, i was expecting it to auto fire, but it didnt. Does the auto fire only work on Ball Save? Ive only played this table virtually so idk what the real experience should be haha.
Also, should there be a loud BRRRRZZZZZZZ when the ball releases from the TV? That was in my virtual cab, but not on this one. I think i need to update the roms to 5.0
Oh and one more thing...the cabinet i got, the OP replaced the batteries with a lithium cell battery...ok to leave that for now? I was planning on NVRAM update, but if the lithium is ok, ill just leave that for now.

As I recall, when the ball goes back into the shooter lane, it does not auto launch. It gives you a chance to hit the skill shot again.

When the ball releases from the tv, there's a sound effect played, but not a loud buzz.

I have lithium batteries in my tspp currently, as well. It's fine to use those for now, my thought (hope) is that they will last a long time and will not leak. Not sure of that, though. NVRAM would be better, I need to do that upgrade myself.

3 months later
#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

damien is this club’s best hope to hit the SDMEWM

Damien, I hope you are filming every game you play. Then when you get to sdmewm, you can post it to YouTube for all of us.

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I will film myself reaching SDMEWM, and then finishing a WPT immediately after. I will also be completely intoxicated and perhaps naked.

Lol, excellent! Just keep the camera pointed at the machine and all will be well.

2 months later
#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That just sounds so wrong!

Well the hole is really the itchy and scratchy hole. But that doesn't really sound any better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 45.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=Fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.