(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 8 years ago

Got my mint (seriously, looks like it just came out of the box!) TSPP the other day and have not had such a blast in a long time. I have only ever played this a handful of times before and know it's deep, but man, there is so much going on all the time! I am a big LED lover but I have to say the incandescents that are directly below and glow through the orange ramps are absolutely beautiful. They are staying.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

On my machine occasionally the ball will be in I&S scoop and the middle target will be up and the ball will try to eject with the middle target up once and then the target will drop and it will eject. Is that normal?

I'm pretty sure any targets that happen to be up when you are in the I&S scoop always drop before it attempts to eject. I have not once had it try to eject with a target still up. But mine could be the odd one.

#932 8 years ago

A couple of times now I've had to reach into the garage and clear the ball. It seems to be stuck on not much at all, almost like a magnetised ball might stick to another one in ST. Is there something I should get in there and adjust? No problem investigating, just thought I'd check to see if it was a common issue first.

#933 8 years ago

And if the garage doesn't always open when I hit it, is that just the switch not always registering? Or do I have to light something to open it? I'm pretty sure it's the switch as sometimes the hurry up doesn't register either. I can't find anything to "light garage to open", so I'm thinking the switch.

#938 8 years ago
Quoted from service_unknown:

Hello All,
Just joined and really enjoying all the information avaliable. Great place!
I recently bought TSPP and it plays well but there is issues I see. Mostly in the shooter lane.
Is this something that can be fixed or something really really bad? This is my first pinball machine and was just excited to get it.
Any information is helpful.
Thanks!

image.jpg image_1.jpg

That is normal wear. Cliffy makes a protector for that spot.

#940 8 years ago
Quoted from service_unknown:

Thanks TimeBandit for the response. Is it worth it to try and fix that part or just put the protector on it? At some point I'm going to take apart the whole thing and clean and replace things. Right now me and my kids are enjoying playing it.

Personally, once the shooter lane is gone I don't do anything about it. Doesn't affect gameplay and there's no point in putting the protector there. That wear has been caused by many, many more games than you are likely to put on it at home. You can put the protector on to pretty it up, but be aware that the thinner protectors can deform to take the shape of the worn depression that they are covering.

#943 8 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

This is indicative of maybe a couple things. The front lip of your ramp could be damaged (or chipped off entirely, mine was when I got it) or the metal ramp in the garage has come out of alignment. Not impossible but that metal ramp is pretty sturdy so I am thinking the former issue is at play. It only takes a little bit for the ball to lose momentum and not make it to VUK to the upper playfield.
So I recommend taking off the upper playfield and asses the state of the garage ramp.

Thanks for the feedback Elfman. Here's what it turned out to be. The switch arm in the garage was scraping against the left ball guide. So if the ball was going at juuuust the right speed, it would get caught by the sticky switch arm. This is why it only ever happened a couple of times. Imagine the odds of a ball having enough momentum to get over the gap, but not enough to push the switch out of the way, and get stuck on the back side of the ramp being held in place by the switch arm pressing against the ball guide. This is why it was so easy to clear and felt like it was stuck on not much at all..as soon as my finger nudged the ball, the switch would give and all would return to normal.
I bent the switch arm a little to clear that ball guide and all fixed 100%.
Man I love this machine. And the kids are NUTS for it. Best, kid, theme, ever.

2 months later
#1060 8 years ago

Just to hammer home the LED OCD necessity in TSPP..

Before..

After..

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Could you just put in non ghosting LEDs and cut out the need for the OCD board?

It's the fade control that makes it. LEDs are a digital component and in their natural state are just on or off. The thing a lot of people like about incandescents is how they ramp on and off. OCD allows this effect to be accomplished with LEDs.

I'll add a before video above to make it clearer. There are other before and after videos in the main LED OCD thread.

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does the software configuration need to be done or will the OCD board work fine out of the box?

Most of the time out of the box is fine. I've only ever adjusted the settings for ST.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1079 8 years ago

Is there a setting to turn off the pity extra ball? I so hate being offered that ball just because my first two sucked so bad, haha. I've searched through the menus and can't spot it. Maybe it's just part of the general difficulty setting.

#1082 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. Look for an option in the standard adjustments menu called "consolation ball".

Thanks. Stoopid me thought consolation ball was the ball you got for not hitting any switches on the way through.

1 month later
#1105 8 years ago

Every now and then I speed run Alien Invasion for fun. Take the challenge. Here is my best so far at 7min 45sec, with a big chunk of wasted time in there. Should be easy for someone to beat.

4 weeks later
#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Which flipper rubbers do yall have on TSPP
I replaced the tired factory red flipper rubbers when i got my TSPP with red super bands. I have superbands on my met pro and TFLE and they are nice. But on my TSPP i find it very difficult to control the ball (catch and cradle). It seems to bounce off the wire guide rails and the super bands and just stay out of control. Balls bounce off flippers and back up into the slings, balls rolling down the inlane even slow ones wont stop on the flipper bat etc.
After about a year of frustration, tonight i switched out to some new factory red rubbers and they were also bouncy, bout the same. Maybe a bit better. Then i swapped out to some purple rubber ones i had. Surprisingly they match the playfeild well and are a lot less bouncy. Dead flipper passes dont bounce back up into the slings, i can actually catch the ball more often.
So whats everyone use on their TSPP? Do you find it more bouncy than other stern pins, or is it just me and my imagination. Maybe i should jack the back legs up some to increase the pitch? Any ofher ideas?

Titans. Awesome. Yellows at the bottom and purple on the third. Yes, purple is a surprisingly good look.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

To everyone: what's the closest you have ever gotten to SDMEWM (or have you been there)? I just played a game where I was 1 or 2 super jackpots awaynand died. Bummer but also a thrill to get so close.
Jack

I don't even know how to get there.

3 months later
#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For anyone who has the garage ramp cliffy protector installed.....do you find it much harder to make the garage shot to the upper play field? It seems that ever since I installed the protector, the ball bounces back out of the garage and straight down the middle about half the time. At this point I'm thinking about taking it out because it is really affecting the gameplay.

I didn't notice a difference when I put mine in.

1 month later
#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

And lastly would i notice much of a difference?thanks everyone

Honestly, you will not notice one iota of difference. Compression is the issue here, not speakers. I used to change ALL my backbox speakers. I now change NONE of them, so this is not a dogmatic call. I've lived it. Seriously, don't sweat it.

1 month later
#1680 7 years ago

More yellow!!

IMG20160907221029 (resized).jpgIMG20160907221029 (resized).jpg

IMG20160907221310 (resized).jpgIMG20160907221310 (resized).jpg

#1689 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What lights are in your cooling towers? Those look pretty cool.

Just blue LEDs. They come out a little purple in real life, but the camera exaggerates that too. They are more blue to look at.

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I would like to see one in a tspp so I can see what everyone is talking about. I changed mine over to LEDs too, and it looks fine to me. Maybe after seeing it in action it would seem worth it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tq&tu=timebandit#post-2734660

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Or, and I don't want to sound too crazy on this, LEAVE IN THE INCANDESCENT BULBS! They actually look good in this game.

This is totally true for under the orange ramps. Of all my machines, the only incandescent bulbs that remain anywhere are the GI that can be seen through the TSPP ramps, and the red Ringwraith flasher in LOTR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 218.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tq&tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.