(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 146.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Mine has 36,000 plays and looks great. Given the age and popularity of this game you'll be hard-pressed to find one with low plays. Also, ignore that backwards nuclear tower plastic. I shopped and replaced rubbers last night and took this picture before I realized it was backwards .
[quoted image]

One more question... I just learned that the owner has not replaced the batteries in this game since buying it 16 years ago. Is TSPP one that’s prone to battery damage if they’re not changed? Thanks

#4902 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

One more question... I just learned that the owner has not replaced the batteries in this game since buying it 16 years ago. Is TSPP one that’s prone to battery damage if they’re not changed? Thanks

Yes, but put nvram in and never worry about batteries again. It’s plug and play for tspp.

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Just make sure prior to buying to open up the backbox and check the batteries for leakage. If they have leaked on to the PCB this can cause some serious damage with ditto costs.

You can indeed go for a NVRam but another option if you wanna retain the history is to install energizer lithium AA batteries which will not leak. Replace the batteries with game turned on !!

#4904 4 years ago

Picked up my first TSPP tonight and super excited about it. Any must-mods for this title?

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Picked up my first TSPP tonight and super excited about it. Any must-mods for this title?

Go through this thread.

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

For reliability or fun?

Reliability is mainly around the couch weld fix. Search for it in this thread, but Pinball Life and others carry it.

IMHO, ColorDMD is a must. This pin is perfect for ColorDMD.

For fun, that’s entirely subjective, but this thread might help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-mod

In the less critical realm, I recently picked up an LEDOCD board for mine and I’m glad I did. LEDs in Whitestar era games can be a stuttery mess. The LEDOCD smooths them out to look similar to incandescents, growiing bright and dim smoothly.

Regardless of your choices, I’m sure you’ll love it. Look back in this thread for my visual representation of the rules. There’s a lot to digest with TSPP.

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Congrats! TSPP is such a deep game to own! Color DMD is a nice upgrade for sure. Cliffy protectors for your ramps, if you don’t already have them, and some type of Simpson’s universe art blades. I like the ones by Silly Old Elf available from his Pinside store, but there are many styles. You can search different mods here or on mod company websites, or simply search for Simpsons toys you like and add whatever floats your boat! I like the Duffman figure and beercan mod, and the alternate Comic Book Guy where he is a superhero. Have fun!

A2F62E6D-84BF-4242-9173-D8C5BFFB4E8C (resized).jpegA2F62E6D-84BF-4242-9173-D8C5BFFB4E8C (resized).jpeg2A9F5E5C-4310-419B-BB3D-E94A3C08A2FB (resized).jpeg2A9F5E5C-4310-419B-BB3D-E94A3C08A2FB (resized).jpeg8D638CB7-3E8B-4251-86B8-BF752E7741FA (resized).jpeg8D638CB7-3E8B-4251-86B8-BF752E7741FA (resized).jpeg
#4908 4 years ago

My new topper ... I think it's pretty cool and something different

IMG_2341 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2341 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2339 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_2339 (2) (resized).jpg
#4909 4 years ago

Looking for a NOS upper playfield. Let me know if you have one you'd sell. Thanks Dan

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

For reliability or fun?
Reliability is mainly around the couch weld fix. Search for it in this thread, but Pinball Life and others carry it.
IMHO, ColorDMD is a must. This pin is perfect for ColorDMD.
For fun, that’s entirely subjective, but this thread might help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-mod
In the less critical realm, I recently picked up an LEDOCD board for mine and I’m glad I did. LEDs in Whitestar era games can be a stuttery mess. The LEDOCD smooths them out to look similar to incandescents, growiing bright and dim smoothly.
Regardless of your choices, I’m sure you’ll love it. Look back in this thread for my visual representation of the rules. There’s a lot to digest with TSPP.

I was thinking more for fun, but really appreciate the schooling in the reliability side as well. Will look into the couch weld fix for sure.

One problem I’ve already noticed is the school bus kickout seems to bounce off the rail and go right back into the saucer. I haven’t adjusted the back legs so not sure if a little steeper angle will fix this. Anyone else seen this and know the fix? I searched it but didn’t find anything.

Thanks, and thanks pinkitten for the mod advice as well.

Brian

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I was thinking more for fun, but really appreciate the schooling in the reliability side as well. Will look into the couch weld fix for sure.
One problem I’ve already noticed is the school bus kickout seems to bounce off the rail and go right back into the saucer. I haven’t adjusted the back legs so not sure if a little steeper angle will fix this. Anyone else seen this and know the fix? I searched it but didn’t find anything.
Brian

Haven't seen that myself, but the bubble level is what you should use for setting up the correct steepness. Use a bubble level (or even your phone) to check for side-to-side level.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Brian

This is addressed in the latest code. What version are you running?

#4913 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This is addressed in the latest code. What version are you running?

Running 4.0, but just ordered 5.0 rom set. So the new code adjusts the strength of the saucer kickout?

#4914 4 years ago

Yes.
Changes from Game ROM v4.00
—————————
– *** THIS GAME ROM REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 5.00 OR HIGHER. ***
– Mystery award no longer gives the same award back-to-back in competition
mode.
– Mystery award no longer lights extra ball if one was already lit.
– Mystery award no longer lights special if one was already lit.
– Kwik-E-Mart standup now changes digits correctly in competition mode.
– HSTD Reset now also resets Grand Champion (there is now no way to manually
erase the non-grand-champion scores, they will reset themselves only on
the HSTD Reset Count adjustment). This is to address not being able to
change the default grand champion score.
– If an Otto award gets stacked in the display queue, it will now show the
correct shot that was doubled (previously it would generally always show
upper playfield at 2x scoring if it was queued).
– Homer’s TV-lit speech now takes priority over Krusty’s quotes again, and
will also be heard if the display effect doesn’t get to run.
– TV start effects now stack after combo and other awards.
– Couch lock and multiball start animations now stack after combo and other
awards.
– Major award events (e.g. TV mode start, Otto award, Treehouse awards) now
only hold up the device they are associated with, not all kicking devices.
– Combo awards now awarded before anything else on a given shot.
– Itchy and Scratchy eject now double-checks to make sure the targets are
actually down before trying to eject the ball. It also waits until any
drop target reset process is complete before kicking.
– Otto eject now has more low-power kick table entries.
– Couch multiball start lamp effect now called from the display effect.
– Couch multiball start lamp effect now goes away properly if the start
display effect is blown off.
– New U.S. default pricing, 1/.75, 3/$2.00

——————————————————————————

#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anything special to worry about when buying a TSPP?
Looking to join the club this weekend. I am going on a 6 hour round trip to possibly purchase a supposedly HUO TSPP for $5,000 this weekend. This won't be my first pin but will be by first Simpsons game. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on this game? I'm thinking main points of concern are wear around the flipper buttons, shooter lane wear, Itchy & Scratchy popout, and garage door. Is there anything else I should be weary of on this machine? I have requested a few additional pictures before driving up there.
Assuming it looks brand new, I'll probably put some LEDs and side art.
Thanks

Joined the club today! I'd let you know how it played if the kids would let me touch it! It was better than advertised (no wear on flipper buttons with Mylar protecting them), came with surprise side blades (which I installed poorly), OCD LEDs, and a cool itchy and scratchy cartoon mod. Gotta watch some tutorials because there is alot to do on this machine. Other than a little shooter lane wear and my bad side blade installation (removable), it's perfect!

20200418_143812 (resized).jpg20200418_143812 (resized).jpg
#4916 4 years ago

Joined the club today! I'd let you know how it played if the kids would let me touch it! It was better than advertised (no wear on flipper buttons with Mylar protecting them), came with surprise side blades (which I installed poorly), OCD LEDs, and a cool itchy and scratchy cartoon mod. Gotta watch some tutorials because there is alot to do on this machine. Other than a little shooter lane wear and my bad side blade installation (removable), it's perfect![quoted image]

Looking good! Welcome.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Looking good! Welcome.

Thanks!

One question for the crowd. Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for this one?

#4918 4 years ago

Thanks!
One question for the crowd. Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for this one?

Here's the originals: https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Instruction_Cards_Multi_Language_.pdf

EDIT: My bad--just realized that you already got the originals. If you're looking for more colorful instruction cards with imagery, I'm sure somebody else here has them.

#4919 4 years ago

Joined the club today! I'd let you know how it played if the kids would let me touch it! It was better than advertised (no wear on flipper buttons with Mylar protecting them), came with surprise side blades (which I installed poorly), OCD LEDs, and a cool itchy and scratchy cartoon mod. Gotta watch some tutorials because there is alot to do on this machine. Other than a little shooter lane wear and my bad side blade installation (removable), it's perfect![quoted image]

Looks great! That TV mod looks like the original version I started making about 5 years ago. Nice to see it's still going strong! I switched to a 3D print version about 3 years ago (I think), and they're still selling well!

#4920 4 years ago

Thanks!

Pinballcards.com has some nice ones.

#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Pinballcards.com has some nice ones.

Yes it does! Huge difference and thank you.

20200419_064254 (resized).jpg20200419_064254 (resized).jpg20200419_064354 (resized).jpg20200419_064354 (resized).jpg20200419_064507 (resized).jpg20200419_064507 (resized).jpg
#4922 4 years ago

Joined the club this week as well!

D829F99C-AB83-491C-A702-3546CD9C0E20 (resized).jpegD829F99C-AB83-491C-A702-3546CD9C0E20 (resized).jpeg
#4923 4 years ago

So, what are these pins getting in price these days?

#4924 4 years ago

Hope you enjoy it. If I wasn't moving, I would have keep it forever.

#4925 3 years ago

One question on the garage for the group. Everything was working when I got it, but I'm having issues with the garage now. When you hit it, it doesn't always stay open... it usually pops up and then just closes. It's like the vuk engages but doesn't stay. I lifted the mini playfield and see no spring, and looking under the playfield the VUK appears to be functioning normally. Before I start disassembly, I wanted to know if this was a common issue with an easy fix, or if you guys had any pointers.

Thanks and loving the game!

20200422_154158 (resized).jpg20200422_154158 (resized).jpg
#4926 3 years ago

One question on the garage for the group. Everything was working when I got it, but I'm having issues with the garage now. When you hit it, it doesn't always stay open... it usually pops up and then just closes. It's like the vuk engages but doesn't stay. I lifted the mini playfield and see no spring, and looking under the playfield the VUK appears to be functioning normally. Before I start disassembly, I wanted to know if this was a common issue with an easy fix, or if you guys had any pointers.
Thanks and loving the game![quoted image]

There was an upgraded coil recommended by stern to fix issues with the garage door. Mine has a similar issue where it doesnt open all the way sometimes. Gets worse with longer play times.

#4927 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

There was an upgraded coil recommended by stern to fix issues with the garage door. Mine has a similar issue where it doesnt open all the way sometimes. Gets worse with longer play times.

Dug into the issue based on the service bulliten. I have the old coil, but after reading more on the related posts, taking it apart and putting it together with a slight bend, it seems to be working fine.

Now that I have a working machine I can play again... AGHHHH... 1 shot away from Alien Invasion. I'll get you mini wizard mode.

I can't help myself and bought some replacement side blades (the glue on these is bad and they are literally taped up (and falling down/ripping)), a tree house mod, and some stickers for the targets.

Someday I'll replace you default high scores.

20200422_195925 (resized).jpg20200422_195925 (resized).jpg
#4928 3 years ago

Dug into the issue based on the service bulliten. I have the old coil, but after reading more on the related posts, taking it apart and putting it together with a slight bend, it seems to be working fine.
Now that I have a working machine I can play again... AGHHHH... 1 shot away from Alien Invasion. I'll get you mini wizard mode.
I can't help myself and bought some replacement side blades (the glue on these is bad and they are literally taped up (and falling down/ripping)), a tree house mod, and some stickers for the targets.
Someday I'll replace you default high scores.[quoted image]

Your treehouse should arrive by Saturday.

#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The treehouse mod is awesome. I just received mine last week.

#4930 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just installed. It inspired me to get my all time high score of 40 million. Shouldnt last long.

20200424_194819 (resized).jpg20200424_194819 (resized).jpg
#4931 3 years ago

Anybody know the factory outlane settings on this game? Here is what mine look like.20200426_060543 (resized).jpg20200426_060543 (resized).jpg

20200426_060547 (resized).jpg20200426_060547 (resized).jpg
#4932 3 years ago

Anybody know the factory outlane settings on this game? Here is what mine look like.[quoted image][quoted image]

The manual shows the stock locations. I took a screen shot of it, which is somewhere in the photo gallery. Let me know if you can’t find it. Was within the past few months.

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

The manual shows the stock locations. I took a screen shot of it, which is somewhere in the photo gallery. Let me know if you can’t find it. Was within the past few months.

Couldnt find your reference but found this in the manual. Im guessing this is stock unless you guys tell me otherwise. Third up on the left and 2nd up on both right outlanes.

Screenshot_20200426-183818_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200426-183818_Drive (resized).jpg
#4934 3 years ago

Dang it. Found a reference from a hou owner. Mine is factory set up.

Screenshot_20200426-185144_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200426-185144_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4935 3 years ago

Had a crazy three-ball only game--completed Alien Invasion, Secret Stash, Daredevil Mania, and Scratchy's Revenge. Started Mystery Spot twice but failed to complete it, and had only collected 2 of the 3 Couch super jackpots. Also reached Pretzel Multiball, which I haven't seen in a while.

I love trying to complete all 7 TV modes to make every shot worth 2.5M in victory laps. Bring in some 2X multipliers and you can really blow things up. Managed to do that earlier in the game.

I agree with Keith--if things go well, you can blow through many of the tasks fast. You can take out potentially three of the six by bringing Secret Stash and Daredevil Mania into Invasion. Awesome game.

20200428_184632 (resized).jpg20200428_184632 (resized).jpg
#4936 3 years ago

I got my highest score ever last week... a whopping 42M.... :/

#4937 3 years ago

20200501_192222 (resized).jpg20200501_192222 (resized).jpg
Got the new blades in. Pin is officially done and ready for enjoyment.

#4938 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I need to get blades and a colordmd. Looks so good.

#4939 3 years ago

[quoted image]

How hard are the blades to put on? I've never done it before. In assume you have to take the playfield out?

#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

How hard are the blades to put on? I've never done it before. In assume you have to take the playfield out?

You don’t have to take the playfield out, although some do. You can remove the balls, and raise the pf all the way up and rest it against the head. The next step is best with 2 people, at least, that’s how my wife and I apply art blades. She takes one end and I take the other, keeping it tight. She places the decal about 1/8 inch from trim piece in the rear of the cabinet, and we both make sure the blade is 1/8 or 1/4 inch BELOW the channel for the playfield glass. If you install the blade too high, with the glass touching the top of the blade, it will peel away. Keep it 1/4 inch or so below the channel. Then, when she says it’s almost to the back of the cabinet, without touching the trim back there, we both stick the blade at each end while keeping it pulled tight. Then we meet in the middle and smooth it down. We’ve been installing blades for about 3 years, probably 30-40 blades by now. I’ve tried it alone and it went so-so. But our 2-person system works for us. You may like a different method. Also, I highly recommend the removable plastic blade protectors that you slide in between the playfield and blades whenever you raise the playfield. On many games, it’s very tight. You will damage the blades and waste $75-90. The protectors are around $35-40 I think. Well worth it. Good luck!

#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You don’t have to take the playfield out, although some do. You can remove the balls, and raise the pf all the way up and rest it against the head. The next step is best with 2 people, at least, that’s how my wife and I apply art blades. She takes one end and I take the other, keeping it tight. She places the decal about 1/8 inch from trim piece in the rear of the cabinet, and we both make sure the blade is 1/8 or 1/4 inch BELOW the channel for the playfield glass. If you install the blade too high, with the glass touching the top of the blade, it will peel away. Keep it 1/4 inch or so below the channel. Then, when she says it’s almost to the back of the cabinet, without touching the trim back there, we both stick the blade at each end while keeping it pulled tight. Then we meet in the middle and smooth it down. We’ve been installing blades for about 3 years, probably 30-40 blades by now. I’ve tried it alone and it went so-so. But our 2-person system works for us. You may like a different method. Also, I highly recommend the removable plastic blade protectors that you slide in between the playfield and blades whenever you raise the playfield. On many games, it’s very tight. You will damage the blades and waste $75-90. The protectors are around $35-40 I think. See below. Well worth it. Good luck!

17D7A38B-B94F-4D72-AD43-7B6603450B53 (resized).png17D7A38B-B94F-4D72-AD43-7B6603450B53 (resized).png
#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/art-blades-wet-method-apply-is-amazingly-easy

I did it in about 20 minutes by myself. Here is a write up I did on installing this set. This was my 5th or so set.

#4943 3 years ago

Thanks you two! And an extra thanks for the protector info - didn't even know that was a thing!

1 week later
#4944 3 years ago

I've been a TSPP owner for many years. Bought the game NIB from Jersey Jack before JJP existed. Never did any mods to the game until I found myself with so much extra time due to stay at home orders here in NJ. I read every post in this topic (that took up so much time in itself) and saw all the great mods that you guys have done, and what was available. So I started with a stock machine and several weeks later this is what I have. As you can see I kind of went mod crazy. It could be called cluttered and chaotic, but it's growing on me. In addition to what you see in the pics I installed full LED light kit and colorDMD.
So a little late, but glad to be part of the club.

IMG_0521 (resized).JPGIMG_0521 (resized).JPGIMG_0522 (resized).JPGIMG_0522 (resized).JPGIMG_0523 (resized).JPGIMG_0523 (resized).JPG
#4945 3 years ago

The Mr Burns on the left is really cool. I never saw it before.
Does it go on top of the flasher ? I'll definitely get one if yes, I'm not a big fan of flashers

#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The Mr Burns on the left is really cool. I never saw it before.
Does it go on top of the flasher ? I'll definitely get one if yes, I'm not a big fan of flashers

The flasher dome is still there by the pops.

I sell an "In Rod We Trust" and a living room Lampstand for the two flasher domes along the left.

BTW, Tradingbill has a couple of my mods, but to be clear, that's not the monorail I sold a while back. We're still kicking around ideas to modify it and possibly bring it back. We keep getting emails about it.

#4947 3 years ago

I think he may have stolen that from me! Although I probably stole most of these from everyone else

E25BE1AA-2AAE-439F-9B09-6929C75E8971 (resized).jpegE25BE1AA-2AAE-439F-9B09-6929C75E8971 (resized).jpeg

#4948 3 years ago

Sorry for the thievery. I looked at so many posts with so many machines, and copied what I liked the best.
I like that lampshade. I ordered the treehouse and the TV from Sparky, but I never noticed the lampshade.
I assume your Mr Burns is the WOS figure with the legs cut off??
Great looking machine!

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from Tradingbill:

Sorry for the thievery. I looked at so many posts with so many machines, and copied what I liked the best.
I like that lampshade. I ordered the treehouse and the TV from Sparky, but I never noticed the lampshade.
I assume your Mr Burns is the WOS figure with the legs cut off??
Great looking machine!

It is. His legs are cut off. I got that from someone else! Thanks for the compliments. I have had this since 2004 nib. How goes the monorail feel during gameplay. I wasn’t sure if that would obstruct any of the shots?

#4950 3 years ago

Tradingbill- Where is the most important mod of all? The Quik-E-Mart sign? Looks crazy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 16.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/99?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.