(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,242 posts
  • 705 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by KOpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 325 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 145.
#4801 4 years ago

I did comet sunlight in the GI. Left everything else incandescent and it looks pretty good. But I am sure the ocd board take it to another level. While I epwamt a color dmd.... epwhat I am praying for is for someone to make a new sound package.... that would be instant pinsound buy for me.

#4802 4 years ago

Ok, I gave up counting the bulbs and clicked the easy button - Comet Kit + OCD.

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Did you color match your inserts?

If the insert itself is already colored, I usually start with a warm white bulb and see if I’m happy with the color. If the colored insert isn’t producing the color I like or enough color, then I might add a matching colored bulb and it often adds to the color. Sometimes a colored bulb will change the look of your insert, so I try white first.

For white or clear inserts, I decide if I want to stay neutral with a white bulb, or possibly add color to the insert with a colored bulb. For example, if a pin features a clear/white insert for “light lock” or “lock,” I generally add a green bulb, because I associate green with the “light/lock” inserts on most games. Other games I add certain colors because for me, it may add to the theme.

It’s all personal choice, so whatever looks good to you. Just be sure your socket voltage (6.3v or whatever it happens to be) matches your bulbs. I once put a 6.3v bulb in a 13v socket on my X-men pin and it melted in 10-15 seconds. I caught it just in time and was able to remove the damaged bulb. The socket and game didn’t sustain damage, luckily!

#4804 4 years ago

So I did a thing.

I enjoy having the 3D Moe's bar but miss the flash bulb. The lit photo doesn't show well but in person it pops really well. This is still a WIP, but happy so far...

Moe01 (resized).jpgMoe01 (resized).jpgMoe02 (resized).jpgMoe02 (resized).jpgMoe03 (resized).jpgMoe03 (resized).jpg
#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Also want to shout out the new clear pop bumper skirts available (I believe by zitt ?). I always hated how boring the white skirts looked on here and the fact they cover art![quoted image]

Thank you for posting this, I was seriously considering buying them. Now I can just buy them.

Oh, and the OCD board? GET IT. Trust me, you'll see the difference and you'll agree.

#4806 4 years ago

Flipper question - When I half-press the right bottom flipper works but the middle right and upper playfield do not. I have to fully press the button for them to activate. Is this normal? If not whats a good place to troubleshoot?

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Flipper question - When I half-press the right bottom flipper works but the middle right and upper playfield do not. I have to fully press the button for them to activate. Is this normal? If not whats a good place to troubleshoot?

As designed, look up stage flipping to see its usefulness.

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

As designed, look up stage flipping to see its usefulness.

Is it supposed to work like this on the left flipper as well? Currently, only the right flipper has the 'stage' the left operates both flippers regardless of push. So my right flipper has a distinct 2 stage, the left flipper does not.

#4809 4 years ago

There are two contacts at the flipper switch on the right as the lower and mid/upper flippers are on separate circuits.

#4810 4 years ago

edit, these are gone
3071D6BB-FD42-4867-91F1-3ECDD1BA882A (resized).jpeg3071D6BB-FD42-4867-91F1-3ECDD1BA882A (resized).jpeg

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Is it supposed to work like this on the left flipper as well? Currently, only the right flipper has the 'stage' the left operates both flippers regardless of push. So my right flipper has a distinct 2 stage, the left flipper does not.

The left flippers don't stage unfortunately.

#4812 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The left flippers don't stage unfortunately.

Good to know it's by design and not something I have to work on

1 week later
#4813 4 years ago

Hi,
Just got a TSPP and very happy! It has 4.0 Game rom and 4.0 display rom. Going to update the roms and I found the 5.0 game update but where can I get the download for the display 5.0?
Thanks,
Tom

#4814 4 years ago

TSPP SCHOOL BUS MOD - If you have it do you like it? Where did you place it (Pics if you have). Thinking about adding one or two mods, currently, 100% stock from a toy standpoint, don't want to yardsale the playfield but thought the BUS may look good and not get in the way.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 1.16.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-26 at 1.16.17 PM (resized).png
#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

TSPP SCHOOL BUS MOD - If you have it do you like it? Where did you place it (Pics if you have). Thinking about adding one or two mods, currently, 100% stock from a toy standpoint, don't want to yardsale the playfield but thought the BUS may look good and not get in the way.[quoted image]

My bus is on the upper right, it doesn’t bother the view and I think it looks really cool.
Ideally it should be closer to Otto’s lane to match the theme but I dont see any way to put it there.

93854843-7C83-4808-A11A-1AFF279B19C9 (resized).jpeg93854843-7C83-4808-A11A-1AFF279B19C9 (resized).jpeg99B28B92-946A-40BD-98D1-248DB960DA77 (resized).jpeg99B28B92-946A-40BD-98D1-248DB960DA77 (resized).jpeg
#4816 4 years ago

Looks good, thanks for posting, smaller than I thought it would be. It lights up when you hit Otto right? Where do you wire it in to have it light only when Otto or does it light other?

#4817 4 years ago

Just another "Hey, I installed an LEDOCD board" post.

IMHO, definitely worth the cash - and I'm pretty frugal. There's lighting effects in this pin that I had no idea were there (fades, sweeps, etc), as I bought it fully populated with CoinTaker LEDs.

#4818 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

TSPP SCHOOL BUS MOD - If you have it do you like it? Where did you place it (Pics if you have). Thinking about adding one or two mods, currently, 100% stock from a toy standpoint, don't want to yardsale the playfield but thought the BUS may look good and not get in the way.[quoted image]

IMHO, Sparky's TV Mod is the one must have

IMG_3024 (resized).JPGIMG_3024 (resized).JPG
#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

I picked up a slightly larger school bus toy than the one used in the mod. I also got a bunch of tiny (pico?) flashing LEDs from a model train website so I could light up the plastic light bezels but like many mod projects, it's still in the bin waiting for spare time.

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

IMHO, Sparky's TV Mod is the one must have

Absolutely, one of the best.

#4821 4 years ago

My Kwik E Mart loop switch only seems to register with slow-moving balls only. Any tips on properly adjusting switches?

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Absolutely, one of the best.

Yeah, I'm on the fence with this one. Didn't want to yardsale the playfield so was thinking it was a no but may need to reconsider. My bus is on its way. Same with the alien's, prior to picking up a TSPP thought I'd want it but after seeing it on playfields I'm not a fan.

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Yeah, I'm on the fence with this one. Didn't want to yardsale the playfield so was thinking it was a no but may need to reconsider. My bus is on its way. Same with the alien's, prior to picking up a TSPP thought I'd want it but after seeing it on playfields I'm not a fan.

With you on trying to not go overboard.

I did get the Treehouse mod, Kwik-E-Mart sticker, and bought a Cletus Playmates figure for the left orbit. Really debating the Moe’s Tavern mod. Will probably go with the sticker over the Playmates set.

My thinking is that I wanted each shot to be recognizable by name.

50AFAC25-FF8B-4AF1-8D8C-9D48D2B4F737 (resized).jpeg50AFAC25-FF8B-4AF1-8D8C-9D48D2B4F737 (resized).jpeg58CA7EA8-D352-416C-B12C-3A28867635B4 (resized).jpeg58CA7EA8-D352-416C-B12C-3A28867635B4 (resized).jpeg
#4824 4 years ago

How is it I see these crazy mods and characters added and the simplest and glaring mod is not done??? The Quik-E-Mart sign? Once you have read the instructions on how to get to the living room it is no longer needed. I see that you have done it, but so many overlook it.

#4825 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

How is it I see these crazy mods and characters added and the simplest and glaring mod is not done??? The Quik-E-Mart sign? Once you have read the instructions on how to get to the living room it is no longer needed. I see that you have done it, but so many overlook it.

In my case, looking to keep as OEM as possible. Quik-E-Mart sign does nothing for me and will likely not be an add.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

My Kwik E Mart loop switch only seems to register with slow-moving balls only. Any tips on properly adjusting switches?

Fast shots through the Kwik E Mart loop tend to get airborne going over the switch. Make sure the plastic with the squishee on it that covers the loop isn't bent or broken and bend the wire of the switch a bit so it extends higher up through the playfield more.

#4827 4 years ago

I have a strange phenomenon with my mini display which I wonder if it is standard or an error. If an error any clue where to find a solution? Reseated already the connectors and in testmode the display works fine.

What I mean can best be seen around 21 sec mark.

Any advice would be appreciated

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

So I did a thing.
I enjoy having the 3D Moe's bar but miss the flash bulb. The lit photo doesn't show well but in person it pops really well. This is still a WIP, but happy so far...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, I was actually thinking of doing the opposite and turning off a bunch of flash bulbs, they annoy the hell out of me !

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Interesting, I was actually thinking of doing the opposite and turning off a bunch of flash bulbs, they annoy the hell out of me !

I was not sure about the flashbulbs but am pleased with how the full Comet kit w/flash and OCD board turned out. Never a fan of the bar in the back but can see why folks like it.

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]

Installed the NVram, re-set the default scores, saved and stock default scores are still there. Is there a trick here? I recall same thing happened when I was on 2.0 .. upgraded to 5 and my re-set default scores took.

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Installed the NVram, re-set the default scores, saved and stock default scores are still there. Is there a trick here? I recall same thing happened when I was on 2.0 .. upgraded to 5 and my re-set default scores took.

Did you remove the batteries ?

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wonder if it is standard or an error.

Interesting. Definitely not normal. Seems to happen each time all the flashers are going at once. Also, what the mode lights to the right are doing at the same time is not normal.

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Interesting. Definitely not normal. Seems to happen each time all the flashers are going at once. Also, what the mode lights to the right are doing at the same time is not normal.

Thanks for the response. I tried already disconnecting the flasher connector but that didn’t change a thing.

Going to loan a driver bord from a lotr to see if that changes anything. Than I know of it is a PCB faulty or not.

Hadn’t notice also the mode bord to the right also acts strange. Will have a look in that to.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

#4834 4 years ago

Are the balls locked in the couch supposed to drain at the end of a game? Mine are not.

94F72573-A1A5-4D05-B66F-53EDA4BA65B5 (resized).jpeg94F72573-A1A5-4D05-B66F-53EDA4BA65B5 (resized).jpeg
#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Are the balls locked in the couch supposed to drain at the end of a game? Mine are not.[quoted image]

There are different settings for that. 1 is to hold progress for next game.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There are different settings for that. 1 is to hold progress for next game.

I’ll have to mess with the settings. I’m just glad the balls are actually locking. Thanks!

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the response. I tried already disconnecting the flasher connector but that didn’t change a thing.
Going to loan a driver bord from a lotr to see if that changes anything. Than I know of it is a PCB faulty or not.
Hadn’t notice also the mode bord to the right also acts strange. Will have a look in that to.
Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Tried another power driver bord and that was OK. So next step will be replacing the flipflop IC’s at u201 and 206. To be cntd.

#4838 4 years ago

OK, it's probably stated somewhere, but does anyone have a MOE sign mod for sale or is the original person who made them considering making again?

#4839 4 years ago

I knew that Comic Book Guy and Bart should have smth in their hands!

9285EABD-A616-4F2A-AA3E-E0ACF0001014 (resized).jpeg9285EABD-A616-4F2A-AA3E-E0ACF0001014 (resized).jpegEE9E1308-8A89-47FA-9160-4864A1308CC2 (resized).jpegEE9E1308-8A89-47FA-9160-4864A1308CC2 (resized).jpeg
#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, it's probably stated somewhere, but does anyone have a MOE sign mod for sale or is the original person who made them considering making again?

From what I gathered the original mod was great for the first 90 days, then not so much.

#4841 4 years ago

Hey Guys. Looking to sell my TSPP that I've had for 6 years and looking to sell so I can get a JP Premium. Just wondering what you guys think the price for a routed TSPP with the normal cab wear near the flippers, slight fade, few dings but overall not trashed. I only put a few LEDS in the game here and there otherwise its pretty stock.

#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Hey Guys. Looking to sell my TSPP that I've had for 6 years and looking to sell so I can get a JP Premium. Just wondering what you guys think the price for a routed TSPP with the normal cab wear near the flippers, slight fade, few dings but overall not trashed. I only put a few LEDS in the game here and there otherwise its pretty stock.

I bought a pristine huo loaded with mods for 5500. I would say 5k is in the right ball park.

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

i Paid 4500 for a HUO, no leds no color dmd etc. I think the range is 4500-6000, the higher end being LEDs color dmds, and in good shape

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I make/sell a Moe's sign mod....

Mine isn't the original style that would fail in 90 days though....LOL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lighted-moes-sign-for-tspp-available

#4845 4 years ago

She’s cleaning up nicely.

0CA5FE75-6133-454A-8779-CE027B15B19D (resized).jpeg0CA5FE75-6133-454A-8779-CE027B15B19D (resized).jpeg
#4846 4 years ago

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.58.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.58.25 AM (resized).png On it's way!

#4847 4 years ago

Just joined the club!! It’s my first pin! Prestine. One owner. Has the pink car on the playfield, not the red.

8F857A0E-52B1-465F-BE34-A363DF2A0264 (resized).jpeg8F857A0E-52B1-465F-BE34-A363DF2A0264 (resized).jpeg
#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Tried another power driver bord and that was OK. So next step will be replacing the flipflop IC’s at u201 and 206. To be cntd.

Replaced u201 and 206 and works fine again

FYI: First used 74ls273n Which a friend had lying around which worked fine in real pinball playing mode but in testmode was not showing all red (all other testmodes worked fine). With 74hct273N also testmode all red works 100% fine

So fully working again as original designed

#4849 4 years ago

I'm going to replace the rubbers in my game but have a question. I bought the kit from Marcos, but the black posts are thicker and shorter in the kit and are rubber vs a hard plastic. Is that going to make much of a difference? The plastic posts in my game are chipping away so I can't really play until I replace.

Followup question: the broken ones come off the post fine, but the non broken ones don't. Any tricks for getting them off the post, aside from breaking them? Lol

20200309_174639 (resized).jpg20200309_174639 (resized).jpg20200309_175205 (resized).jpg20200309_175205 (resized).jpg

#4850 4 years ago

Looks like I must need the piece that isn't in the kit. Not sure if it said that when I ordered and I just missed it (probably) or what, but I guess I need these:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5308-00-65

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.