(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 146.
#4751 4 years ago

Trying to reset the high scores (all). Menu, Reset high scores, done - exit, scores still there? Is there a trick to this? I’m running 4.0, waiting for 5 rooms to ship, when I swap the rom will this remove high scores?

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Trying to reset the high scores (all). Menu, Reset high scores, done - exit, scores still there? Is there a trick to this? I’m running 4.0, waiting for 5 rooms to ship, when I swap the rom will this remove high scores?

I believe there is a "save" prior exiting you must do first.

#4753 4 years ago

Trying to upgrade from 4 to 5 rom. Can someone confirm if it’s two EPROMs or one? I ordered this from Marco and want to ensure I have everything I need.

ame Qty Price Subtotal
Subtotal $15.00
Shipping $8.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $23.99
SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY U210 EPROM 5.00 1 $15.00

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I believe there is a "save" prior exiting you must do first.

Do you recall what the save feature is called. When I hit reset it tells me it installed it.

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Trying to upgrade from 4 to 5 rom. Can someone confirm if it’s two EPROMs or one? I ordered this from Marco and want to ensure I have everything I need.
ame Qty Price Subtotal
Subtotal $15.00
Shipping $8.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $23.99

Pretty sure you have to get the same version of both CPU and Video ROM. Should be called out somewhere in this thread, I believe.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

ame Qty Price Subtotal
Subtotal $15.00
Shipping $8.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $23.99

You need the game rom and the display rom

#4757 4 years ago

I still have issues with balls getting stuck in the garage. I've taken the upper playfield off a hundred times and tried my best to ziptie those wires together and out of the way. It usually plays great for a dozen games, and then the balls start getting stuck again.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Do you recall what the save feature is called. When I hit reset it tells me it installed it.

off the top of my head, its on the bottom row and needs to be selected. Its been a while since I'm been in the menu portal, just recall that there is a save tab.

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

ame Qty Price Subtotal
Subtotal $15.00
Shipping $8.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $23.99

You need both the U210 and the display ROM. The display ROM goes on the back of the DMD -- took me a few minutes to figure that out when I upgraded last month.

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I still have issues with balls getting stuck in the garage. I've taken the upper playfield off a hundred times and tried my best to ziptie those wires together and out of the way. It usually plays great for a dozen games, and then the balls start getting stuck again.

Could be the clear plastic shield dropped down and causes ball drag?

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Let me know about scenes which I should to fix

Sorry, I've been crazy busy but I will get back to that. I was sharing my love for the work and not trying to call anyone out

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Could be the clear plastic shield dropped down and causes ball drag?

Clear plastic shield?

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Clear plastic shield?

Going off of memory, but there's a piece of clear plastic on the underside of the upper PF.

Anyway, what about the gate at the front of the garage? Is that binding, perhaps? Could hold the garage door up and roll some balls through to test.

#4764 4 years ago

Yes, there is a plastic shield attached to the underside of the upper playfield.

#4765 4 years ago

Ran into a memory issue I hope someone has insight into. I turned my machine on yesterday and it wasn't well- lights sort of strobed some Morse code but wasn't operational. I cycled the power a couple more times and now it works but all the memory is gone (settings and high scores). Since then it seems to hold the memory when cycled but I'm worried this is a symptom of something deeper. Any ideas?

Background- I purchased this 9 months ago as "HUO" and immediately replaced the batteries with NVRAM. Overall it's in great shape, recently added LED color DMD, a prior owner installed some LED stripes that connect with sketchy alligator clips but nothing is loose.

Appreciate any ideas- bad luck or sign of the apocalypse? Thx

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from wookiewarlord:

Ran into a memory issue I hope someone has insight into. I turned my machine on yesterday and it wasn't well- lights sort of strobed some Morse code but wasn't operational. I cycled the power a couple more times and now it works but all the memory is gone (settings and high scores). Since then it seems to hold the memory when cycled but I'm worried this is a symptom of something deeper. Any ideas?

I ran into a similar issue when I bought a anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator. My game would come on, sometimes the lights would blink and then just say on. Never fully booting up. I put it in just as the directions said. Once I took the chip out and put the batteries back in, everything worked as it should. I sent pictures to verify I wasn't doing anything wrong. Rob @ Lock When Lit, said I must have had a bad chip and very rarely does this happen. He got my anyPin NVRAM and told me the chip was perfectly fine. But he sent me a NVRAM chip for the WhiteStar boards. Once it put that one in, everything was perfect. Haven't had a problem since.

#4767 4 years ago

Anyone ever notice on their machine that the score setting for extra ball lowers over time? I have my extra ball set at 16 million and over time it lowers by a million. Just noticed last night it was now 14 million? Not a big deal but I have no idea why it’s happening

#4768 4 years ago

I have a strange issue with my machine where sometimes when i turn it on, the couch coil will pop like 5 or 6 times in a row, and after that happens the game boots. But when i try to start a game nothing will happen....until i give the machine a little bump. Then everything is fine usually....sometimes though, switches will just start randomly going off, credits will randomly add, and extra players will start getting added to the game.

Obviously sounds like a board issue. The only thing right away I noticed was a section of my power board was fried and repaired with breadboard replacement of the circuit.

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Going off of memory, but there's a piece of clear plastic on the underside of the upper PF.
Anyway, what about the gate at the front of the garage? Is that binding, perhaps? Could hold the garage door up and roll some balls through to test.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yes, there is a plastic shield attached to the underside of the upper playfield.

Yikes. Mine definitely doesn't have a plastic shield. Is this a generic or readily available part? Or is this a game specific plastic piece?

#4770 4 years ago

It should be identified in the manual.

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynasty5211:

Anyone ever notice on their machine that the score setting for extra ball lowers over time? I have my extra ball set at 16 million and over time it lowers by a million. Just noticed last night it was now 14 million? Not a big deal but I have no idea why it’s happening

It's driven by the replay percentage adjustment. Basically, it's dynamically determine what score results in X% of plays getting a replay/extra ball. If it's shooting for 10% and the % of replays is only 7%, it'll drop the replay score by 1M and see what happens.

Should be mentioned in the manual somewhere, as this is a pretty common pinball feature.

#4772 4 years ago

Hoping someone can help me with an auto launch problem - I've seen this on 2 machines now and I can't find a solution - With the Timed Plunger set to OFF and the Flipper Ball Launch set to OFF the game will contimue to Auto Launch when idle. This makes it tough to play more than 1 game at a time. The first machine was random but this other machine will launch every time. No errors on the game and it seems to play like it should otherwise.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mike V.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from WMSpin:

Hoping someone can help me with an auto launch problem - I've seen this on 2 machines now and I can't find a solution - With the Timed Plunger set to OFF and the Flipper Ball Launch set to OFF the game will contimue to Auto Launch when idle. This makes it tough to play more than 1 game at a time. The first machine was random but this other machine will launch every time. No errors on the game and it seems to play like it should otherwise.
Ideas?
Thanks,
Mike V.

what ROM version are you on? are you in tournament mode? just some thoughts

#4774 4 years ago

Game is 5.0 and Tournament is set to OFF

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from WMSpin:

Game is 5.0 and Tournament is set to OFF

i have mine set to tournament mode and it doesn’t do it. so try that i guess

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from WMSpin:

Ideas?
Thanks,
Mike V.

After being idle how long? I haven’t timed it, but I’ve had time to go grab a beer and come back (downstairs and into the garage, just for reference) and it hasn’t auto-plunged on me.

Have you looked in the switch test screen to see if maybe some switch(es) is firing when it shouldn’t?

#4777 4 years ago

I bet you have a switch problem somewhere, go to switch test and see if anything pops up. I bet the playfield is being validated and it launches because of that.

#4778 4 years ago

I've never updated the code on a TSPP before. Am I supposed to order the 5.0 ROM set, total of 5 chips? Then do the chips just unplug and plug the new ones in without soldering. Also is the nvram the same, just pull out the old and in with the new?

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've never updated the code on a TSPP before. Am I supposed to order the 5.0 ROM set, total of 5 chips? Then do the chips just unplug and plug the new ones in without soldering. Also is the nvram the same, just pull out the old and in with the new?

I’m not sure about the ROM update, but the NVRAM is plug n play on TSPP. I just installed one in LOTR and TSPP. Be sure the little notch in the nvram is facing the correct direction (consistent with the other chips) on your board. If installed upside down it can fry the NVRAM or worse. See Pinitech.com for more info.

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

No, you just need game rom and display rom. No soldering needed.

#4782 4 years ago

Good news, just received my ColorDMD, bad news, when I power it on it looks like this. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 12.58.49 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-31 at 12.58.49 PM (resized).png

#4783 4 years ago

You have to add the firmware for whatever game your putting it in

#4784 4 years ago

Yeah, this was pic before I loaded it, unfortunately firmware won't fix the crack. I sent a note to Randy @ColorDMD, hopefully he can get me out a new one today.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Yeah, this was pic before I loaded it, unfortunately firmware won't fix the crack. I sent a note to Randy @ColorDMD, hopefully he can get me out a new one today.

I didnt even notice it, yeah that sucks.

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didnt even notice it, yeah that sucks.

Neither did I at first. I just received a note from Randy and he’s going to ship the replacement tomorrow! - Great customer service!

#4787 4 years ago

Those guys really are great.

#4788 4 years ago

Looking to go led - Kit or better to pick your own? Has anyone gone with the Comet kit w/flashers, if so how did it turn out? I’m leaning towards skipping the OCD board at $150 on top of the $199 kit otherwise it would be close to the price of the colored dress (400) I just received.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/simpsons-pinball-party-led-kit?variant=12493658619948

#4789 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Looking to go led - Kit or better to pick your own? Has anyone gone with the Comet kit w/flashers, if so how did it turn out? I’m leaning towards skipping the OCD board at $150 on top of the $199 kit otherwise it would be close to the price of the colored dress (400) I just received.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/simpsons-pinball-party-led-kit?variant=12493658619948

I bought my TSPP with LEDs already installed and I’m really considering buying an LEDOCD board. The strobiness of the lights is just annoying enough to make me spend the $130.

Since you’ve experienced the machine without that, I’d suspect it will drive you nuts, too. My recommendation: bite the bullet and buy the board.

#4790 4 years ago

I just got done shopping out my brother’s TSPP and installing an OCD board. It’s soooooo worth it! Just make sure you don’t have anti-flicker LEDs already, it works best with standard LEDs and minimal-to-no incandescents left in the game anywhere.

#4791 4 years ago

Also want to shout out the new clear pop bumper skirts available (I believe by Zitt ?). I always hated how boring the white skirts looked on here and the fact they cover art!

E8CF3168-A5D7-4E64-BC80-8EC9D0DEEB55 (resized).jpegE8CF3168-A5D7-4E64-BC80-8EC9D0DEEB55 (resized).jpeg
#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

I used Comet sunlight in my TSPP. No kit. No OCD board. I think it is OK just the way it is.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

I’ve had OCD boards that came installed in other pins, and they are nice, but not essential for me. Regarding led kits, I generally prefer choosing my own colors and overall look of my pins. I replace all the insert lights with LEDs and many of the GI. I prefer Comet or Titan bulbs, frosted and, if possible, non-ghosting. Comet has nice non-ghosting bulbs. I prob spend $75 on LEDs per pin and I don’t miss the OCD board. Comet also sells LED strips in various lengths for just a few bucks each. They are great for scoops, troughs and any dim areas. They come in several colors. Have fun!

#4794 4 years ago

My Simpsons came with non ghosting LEDs, all white and I prefer that look for this game. The kit route is also more expensive than picking your own. I mostly prefer white for the GI and color match the inserts.

I just did my Tales from the Crypt and spent about $70 picking my own bulbs. A kit would have costed about $240 and I don't like the color selection.

#4795 4 years ago

FWIW I enjoy the OCD board on my TSPP and I do think it adds value. With that said, I also agree that it isn't essential but if it isn't a cost issue I would add it (I would do it again if given the choice).

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

FWIW I enjoy the OCD board on my TSPP and I do think it adds value. With that said, I also agree that it isn't essential but if it isn't a cost issue I would add it (I would do it again if given the choice).

Yeah, the issue is if no OCD, then I'd go with non-ghosting, if OCD then the opposite so kinda have to make the call at the GET-GO. Agreed, $200 for the kit seems HIGH, looks like I'll need to count out the LEDs.

Does anyone have a link to a video of their TSSP with non-ghosting and no OCD?

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ve had OCD boards that came installed in other pins, and they are nice, but not essential for me. Regarding led kits, I generally prefer choosing my own colors and overall look of my pins. I replace all the insert lights with LEDs and many of the GI. I prefer Comet or Titan bulbs, frosted and, if possible, non-ghosting. Comet has nice non-ghosting bulbs. I prob spend $75 on LEDs per pin and I don’t miss the OCD board. Comet also sells LED strips in various lengths for just a few bucks each. They are great for scoops, troughs and any dim areas. They come in several colors. Have fun!

Did you color match your inserts?

#4798 4 years ago

I already had mostly LEDs in my machine so I didn't need the kit and at the time it was $135 shipped

#4799 4 years ago

Question on insert color's - Are there only 4 orange - 3 extra ball and 1 shoot again?

#4800 4 years ago

I now exclusively use comet sunlights for everything and my tspp is what convinced me to. Much cheaper to be able to buy in bulk as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/96?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.