(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,252 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 146.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

4K passe encore... mais 5k !?
bah

Found mine for 3.3 :p
But 2 years ago

#4702 4 years ago

In NL and Belgium a TSPP will be north of 4K and a nice one with extra like colordmd close to 5K

Had to sell a pin to make room for New one and couldn’t choose between my MeT or TsPP so let faith decide and tspp is still here .

It’s a great pin indeed. And I am a fan of the theme which is a good help.

If you can buy a decent one for a normal price it has proven to hold value.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Totally unrelated question: Anyone know if there’s something specific that invokes the “Si señor” call out, or is it random? I haven’t been able to figure out a correlation

It’s when you collect the “Si” of “Simpsons”

#4704 4 years ago

Well, I ended up doing only maintenance on his machine and didn't buy. Beautiful pin, was a little dirty and needed rubbers/lights/batteries. Other than that, everything looked and worked great. I'll keep in touch and maybe buy in the future. He's looking for a ST.

#4706 4 years ago

Odd question. Didn't see it in the rule sheet so I figured I would ask. Is there an add a ball for any of the mutliballs in Simpsons?

#4707 4 years ago

I don’t believe there is.

Quoted from agodfrey:

Odd question. Didn't see it in the rule sheet so I figured I would ask. Is there an add a ball for any of the mutliballs in Simpsons?

#4708 4 years ago

Starting I&S during couch MB is sort of an add a ball, but it's really just stacking.

#4709 4 years ago

Thanks. That was my thought. Figured I'd ask. BTW anyone in the Ohio, N. Kentucky, w. Pa, IN area looking to move thiers

Buyer right here

#4710 4 years ago

What percentage of the time should an eject from Otto *not* hit the sling? Mine hits the top of the sling pretty often. But, I'm presuming that's expected and only a feed from the left orbit or right loop is expected to cleanly feed the flipper.

1 week later
#4711 4 years ago

Adding a super hero CBG! I rarely see these versions. Found one on Ebay. Cool mod!

8942A2D2-AB99-4353-91B1-2CFE3F3DD810 (resized).jpeg8942A2D2-AB99-4353-91B1-2CFE3F3DD810 (resized).jpeg
#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Adding a super hero CBG! I rarely see these versions. Found one on Ebay. Cool mod!

Is he the same size? He looks bigger.

#4713 4 years ago

Just out of curiosity, I've had my TSPP for almost a year now and realized, I've never had to lift up the playfield to fix anything. Compared to my WOZ it's a no brainer, I have to lift it at least once a week to fix or replace something.

Did I get specially lucky with this TSPP (and specially unlucky with my WOZ) or was it just a blessed time at Stern where build quality and reliability was a prime ?

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Just out of curiosity, I've had my TSPP for almost a year now and realized, I've never had to lift up the playfield to fix anything. Compared to my WOZ it's a no brainer, I have to lift it at least once a week to fix or replace something.
Did I get specially lucky with this TSPP (and specially unlucky with my WOZ) or was it just a blessed time at Stern where build quality and reliability was a prime ?

Nope, tspp is built very well. I've lifted my playfield very few times since 2003.

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have owned a new WOZ since 2016 and haven’t had to repair anything yet...knock on wood. Only mods and code updates. JJP build great pins. TSPP is a well-made game and has a good reputation for its mechanics. It feels more solidly built than pins coming off the line today.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is he the same size? He looks bigger.

He’s pretty much identical in size. I can remove the glass and place them side by side, but I can see they are virtually the same toy.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

He’s pretty much identical in size. I can remove the glass and place them side by side, but I can see they are virtually the same toy

Looks cool

#4718 4 years ago

Have both Tspp and woz. No issues on both

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

He’s pretty much identical in size. I can remove the glass and place them side by side, but I can see they are virtually the same toy.

Mine came with that CBG and Bartman, I like them a lot more than the originals.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was curious if you've had any issue with a Cliffy on the I&S hole? I ask because i have a hard time keeping my Cliffy down on my Austin Powers and Last Action Hero

Cliffy never made one for the i&s as pinbits already made one (I spoke to cliffy directly when I originally got my simpsons last year).

#4721 4 years ago

I'm not too much of a mod person but I can appreciate how loaded this game was when I bought it. (Thanks Charlie!)

20200116_182335 (resized).jpg20200116_182335 (resized).jpg20200116_182345 (resized).jpg20200116_182345 (resized).jpg
#4722 4 years ago

I have a (likely) simple rules question. It's not rare where I see a mode (like Homer's Day, etc.) displays a very large number, like 20 million points. I figured the DMD is telling me if I finish the mode I'll get those points, but I've never been lucky or good enough to get them, even though I have fully completed some modes. Any hints on what I have to do to get these points would be appreciated!

#4723 4 years ago

Picked up a TSPP in November. Had the really bad wear around flipper buttons and start button. I think the guy thought he was taking advantage of someone by trying to cover the sides with the nuke rails and not tell anyone. I just said I’ll take it and left. And now... after I installed new cabinet decals, shopped it and installed art blades, target decals and some mods... I’ve got myself a pretty nice ass TSPP. I’m fairly proud!

2AF9CB96-B722-423A-BE3B-9DE6BA3FE303 (resized).jpeg2AF9CB96-B722-423A-BE3B-9DE6BA3FE303 (resized).jpeg97FF1F35-29A9-4188-A6A4-322D2F92766C (resized).jpeg97FF1F35-29A9-4188-A6A4-322D2F92766C (resized).jpeg37E0019F-2E1B-4266-BA28-18B13DA58CA1 (resized).jpeg37E0019F-2E1B-4266-BA28-18B13DA58CA1 (resized).jpeg920A07CE-0EFF-4DBD-98E8-74929B640D5C (resized).jpeg920A07CE-0EFF-4DBD-98E8-74929B640D5C (resized).jpegFE8D998E-6827-47AB-AC29-105E319F4C3B (resized).jpegFE8D998E-6827-47AB-AC29-105E319F4C3B (resized).jpeg
#4724 4 years ago

Don't forget the Kwik-E-Mart decal.

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'm not too much of a mod person but I can appreciate how loaded this game was when I bought it. (Thanks Charlie!)[quoted image][quoted image]

How exactly is the alien sitting in there?

#4726 4 years ago

Wow, nice work! Where did you get the cabinet decals? The original art is so pixelated my TSPP is my worst looking pin and I own a Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball.

#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Wow, nice work! Where did you get the cabinet decals? The original art is so pixelated my TSPP is my worst looking pin and I own a Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball.

Thanks! I got the ones from retrorefurbs. Came pretty fast and shipped in a tube so no issues. I had a pretty easy time installing them too, even leaving the playfield in. I found that trimming them a little inside the edges keep from having issues with catching edges. All in all it was easier than i thought it’d be. But i do have some experience working a sign and graphic decal business.

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Halpain17:

Picked up a TSPP in November. Had the really bad wear around flipper buttons and start button. I think the guy thought he was taking advantage of someone by trying to cover the sides with the nuke rails and not tell anyone. I just said I’ll take it and left. And now... after I installed new cabinet decals, shopped it and installed art blades, target decals and some mods... I’ve got myself a pretty nice ass TSPP. I’m fairly proud![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the refurbish job! There is a great video on YouTube of a cabinet restoration. It’s about 45 mins long and the restoration is of a Indy Jones Pinball Adventure. It might be an Australian vid. It shares several great tips on cabinet prep and application of the decals. You did a great job from the looks of it. You were smart to cut the edges of the decals in about 1/16 inch from the edges, to prevent catching the edge and peeling it back. Nice work!
It wasn’t easy for me to remove the stock CBG to replace with The Collector version, but it’s done!
40F22AE4-56A5-48D4-8D82-B61FA0F2328E (resized).jpeg40F22AE4-56A5-48D4-8D82-B61FA0F2328E (resized).jpeg

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How exactly is the alien sitting in there?

Looks like a piece of coat hanger or similar gauge wire.

#4730 4 years ago

The original cabinet decals show the background characters faded. The replacement ones are technically not correct, but the do look better.

#4731 4 years ago

Yep, I've got the faded look as well. My game's a 2007 model.

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

ebay.com link: 0

#4733 4 years ago

Isnt the cabinet originally a screened cabinet and NOT decal?.....NVM, screened onto vinyl and not the cabinet.

#4734 4 years ago

Just purchased Simpsons Pinball Party, what a great machine. I have upgraded to LED with side blades and back lit the back box. Is the color DMD a good upgrade? Looks cool on stream but it is hard to be sure.

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynasty5211:

Just purchased Simpsons Pinball Party, what a great machine. I have upgraded to LED with side blades and back lit the back box. Is the color DMD a good upgrade? Looks cool on stream but it is hard to be sure.

In a word: Hell freaking yes!

#4736 4 years ago

Color Dmd is necessary. Nothing else to say.

#4737 4 years ago

I agree with the above. Color DMD is awesome on TSPP. Well worth the money.

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree with the above. Color DMD is awesome on TSPP. Well worth the money.

LCD or led?

#4739 4 years ago

Color DMD has an “LED vs LCD” info page you can click on the upper right of their home page. It explains the differences. It’s really a matter of personal preference. They do look slightly different and offer different features. LCD offers some cool font options and looks bright. I prefer LCD, personally. Both are HUGE upgrades on TSPP.

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Color DMD has an “LED vs LCD” info page you can click on the upper right of their home page. It explains the differences. It’s really a matter of personal preference. They do look slightly different and offer different features. LCD offers some cool font options and looks bright. I prefer LCD, personally. Both are HUGE upgrades on TSPP.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will look into one soon. I love the game and love how deep the code and rules are. I almost made it to Alien Invasion last night, but fell short. Still looking for new ways to increase score as well. Is the best plan to keep moving forward with the TV modes?

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynasty5211:

Still looking for new ways to increase score as well

Here's a link to the rules.

https://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt

#4742 4 years ago

Most seem to prefer the LCD but I have the LED version on my TSPP and love it.

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynasty5211:

Thanks everyone for the info. I will look into one soon. I love the game and love how deep the code and rules are. I almost made it to Alien Invasion last night, but fell short. Still looking for new ways to increase score as well. Is the best plan to keep moving forward with the TV modes?

#4744 4 years ago

Another good one is the Buffalo Pinball tutorial:

#4745 4 years ago

Also my visual version of the same: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk0akwjym4190qt/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.pdf?dl=0

Doesn’t have all the minor details around scoring, but shows you the main paths through the modes, etc.

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Most seem to prefer the LCD but I have the LED version on my TSPP and love it.

Both are great!

I have the LCD version and ran in “Dots” mode (looks like LEDs) for a few months. I’ve recently changed over to “Scan” mode, which joins the dots together, adding some small pixels in large contiguous areas to avoid what some call “smear” mode.

It works well, IMHO, for TSPP given it’s a cartoon. I wouldn’t choose that mode for, say, T2 or something based on live-action video.

This video gives you an idea of what the different modes are like:

Unless you’re an absolute purist, I’d suggest the LCD as it gives you options.

#4747 4 years ago

I have lcd and led displays and in my tspp there is a led (pin2dmd). I think that with the cartoon style this fits best.

But that’s just my opinion and lcd is fine to. This is not a matter of good or bad but of good and perhaps better.

This is how it looks in led

#4748 4 years ago

I've put the Pin2DMD into my TSPP and gave a donation to the author of the colour files. I am loving it and the price cannot be beat!
I was suppose to see if I could help the author fix the colour issue when the score switches to BONUS, this is just white but aside from that everything else seems to be coloured nicely.

#4749 4 years ago

I've been working on a friends TSPP and his old DMD screen is scrambled on initial start up. It'll go to normal after turning the machine on and off a few times. I checked all the ribbon cables and power cables and they all seem tight. Any suggestions on how to fix, besides me buying a new DMD?

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've put the Pin2DMD into my TSPP and gave a donation to the author of the colour files. I am loving it and the price cannot be beat!
I was suppose to see if I could help the author fix the colour issue when the score switches to BONUS, this is just white but aside from that everything else seems to be coloured nicely.

Let me know about scenes which I should to fix

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/95?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.