(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 146.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The outlane position is in the thread somewhere, and it appears in the manual if you have yours.

Missed it before but found it on page 68. Thanks for confirming it was in there somewhere

58D0D805-E28F-4CA5-A074-B9618C90E810 (resized).png58D0D805-E28F-4CA5-A074-B9618C90E810 (resized).png
#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Presuming the gate just behind the garage door is supposed to register when pushed, I think you’ve nailed it.
Thanks again for pointing this out. I’ll take a look next time I pull the upper playfield.

Finally got around to looking at this. Found that the blade of the switch was resting on top of the gate, rather than through the loop. Had to remove the switch to fix that, but registers in switch test now.

Thanks again!

Added over 4 years ago:

Also confirmed that the "GARAGE SECRET PASSAGE" audit is now registering, as well. Thanks again!

#4653 4 years ago

What are the connections you're supposed to reseat if your game is resetting in attract mode again? Mine has started doing that out of the blue, and I know I read something about reseating connections here to potentially fix that, but I can't seem to find specifics. Thanks.

#4654 4 years ago

You should reseat the connectors of the short cable going from top center of the bottom board to one higher. That one is transferring the power 5V to the cpu board which is the top board.

You should measure the 5V at top board CPU befor and after to see if there was any change.

#4655 4 years ago

Forgive me as I know this has been discussed a million times but where are we at with pinsound for TSPP?

#4656 4 years ago

Nowhere I think

#4657 4 years ago

I spoke at a show in November with Pinsound and he repeated the story of one year earlier eg he has a good friend working on it.

No timeframe mentioned.

#4658 4 years ago

Ok I am so in when they do the sound sucks !! Voices are all garbled . Not sure if better speakers will help .

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok I am so in when they do the sound sucks !! Voices are all garbled . Not sure if better speakers will help .

Better speakers (Flipper Fidelity) help some, but the sound still isn’t great.

#4660 4 years ago

I’ll get some as long as they work with the pinsound in the future(don’t see why not)

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’ll get some as long as they work with the pinsound in the future(don’t see why not)

I've used cheap amazon speaker with Pinsound with no issues. I have to say though, the sound on my TSPP is great compared to other machines I have. The only thing I notice is during multiball the sound seems to get suddenly louder for a short bit of time. Not sure if that is in the code or an anomaly.

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I've used cheap amazon speaker with Pinsound with no issues. I have to say though, the sound on my TSPP is great compared to other machines I have. The only thing I notice is during multiball the sound seems to get suddenly louder for a short bit of time. Not sure if that is in the code or an anomaly.

The volume does increase when I get the Itchy and Scratchy multiballl. I believed it is adjustable in the menu.

#4663 4 years ago

I just fixed mine ! Was a sound rom not seated well . World or difference !!

#4665 4 years ago

Excellent demo on that. Thanks.

#4666 4 years ago

airballs? anyone else getting lots of airballs coming off of the kwik e mart?

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

airballs? anyone else getting lots of airballs coming off of the kwik e mart?

Air balls? Wonder if I have ever seen one in my TSPP??

#4668 4 years ago

I've certainly seen a couple from the kwik-e-mart stand up, a few times it has landed on the monorail.

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I've certainly seen a couple from the kwik-e-mart stand up, a few times it has landed on the monorail.

This is exactly where i see airballs on my game- but do consider it a victory if it lands on the monorail.

#4670 4 years ago

Hi all! I am replacing the VUK #6 (garage kick up to upper playfield) and the diode came off/needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what type of diode I need to order to reaffix to the y switch? I attempted to solder it together last night and am having very little luck.

Thanks as always guys!

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hi all! I am replacing the VUK #6 (garage kick up to upper playfield) and the diode came off/needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what type of diode I need to order to reaffix to the y switch? I attempted to solder it together last night and am having very little luck.
Thanks as always guys!

you can use N1004, but it's also listed in the owners manual.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can use N1004, but it's also listed in the owners manual.

Thank you! It also seems like my "quick connect" for the green wire to the middle fork came unattached. Can I just solder the two green wires to the middle, or do I need a new quick connect piece? thanks

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Thank you! It also seems like my "quick connect" for the green wire to the middle fork came unattached. Can I just solder the two green wires to the middle, or do I need a new quick connect piece? thanks

you can solder it.

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can solder it.

Thanks Lermods as always for the quick answers!!!

#4675 4 years ago

I might be getting back in the club. I met a friend of a friend that has a TSPP sitting un-touched for years in his house. Its basically HUO. He tells me it works perfect and looks new. The guy doesn't know much about pinball, hopefully there is no battery corrosion. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering what's a good price for a TSPP that has been sitting around for awhile with no mods or extras?

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I might be getting back in the club. I met a friend of a friend that has a TSPP sitting un-touched for years in his house. Its basically HUO. He tells me it works perfect and looks new. The guy doesn't know much about pinball, hopefully there is no battery corrosion. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering what's a good price for a TSPP that has been sitting around for awhile with no mods or extras?

#4677 4 years ago

I'm concerned about battery corrosion. Looks like Rotten Dog now makes boards for TSPP. Have these been tested? Just in case I can't clean it up.

#4678 4 years ago

Based on the prices I was seeing when shopping for one last year, that feels really low. Great price if you can get it though!

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Based on the prices I was seeing when shopping for one last year, that feels really low. Great price if you can get it though!

Pricing for this game is all over the place, but typically between 4500 and 5500. I suggested the lower end because the game has been sitting for years unplayed with unknowns. if you've got battery issues, that's going to cost you a few hundred to replace. if you know the game works 100%, you'd be around $5k +/- a few hundred. there are a lot of these games out there so supply is not an issue and higher priced games tend to sit. check the code version, if it's original code with low plays, and it works, you've got a more valuable game. there are a few being listed for $6k+ I see, those will likely sit.

#4680 4 years ago

I agree. The routed ones people are listing for 5500+ just sit. If you wait long enough you can find a nice HOU with leds for $5000 +\-. As stated above, HUO supply is not an issue so just be patient if this game does not pan out.

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought perfect HUO one in September for $4500. Didn't have LEDs and there felt like there was some more room. Be as patient as you can and you will def find one around $4500

#4682 4 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I can make something happen this weekend.

#4683 4 years ago

I forgot, does TSPP have ghosting issues?

#4684 4 years ago

Led ghosting or insert playfield problem? When I converted mine I used non ghosting bulbs and had no issue- the only thing is you do not get the fade in/out effect on the light show without the added board.

#4685 4 years ago

Hmmmm. I usually use Ghost Buster led's from Pinball Life, because I like their colors. However they ghost in some Sterns. I could buy Comet, just prefer not to.

#4686 4 years ago

I used cointaker ng bulbs in my tspp with no ghosting issues.

#4687 4 years ago

for those who know me, i'm (+ my son) a "player" (tournaments)

since its been available, our actual aim is to get a JP3 home...

but let's admit, seing STERN prob (playfield), we can wait without a doubt, for a nice HUO i can check before buying, and this in 2 monthes, 6 or even more

and than i'm here in this topic : we never get TSPP home, i feel this one may be a candidate (my son already like it, for the gameplay i mean) before the JP3

can you convince me to buy one ? as the main prob here is same as yours, the price !
in belgium, nice state TSPP are now +/- 5000 euros, i feel this being very hot, when, to compare, a STERN PRO NIB is 6200 :/

tanx

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those who know me, i'm (+ my son) a "player" (tournaments)
since its been available, our actual aim is to get a JP3 home...
but let's admit, seing STERN prob (playfield), we can wait without a doubt, for a nice HUO i can check before buying, and this in 2 monthes, 6 or even more
and than i'm here in this topic : we never get TSPP home, i feel this one may be a candidate (my son already like it, for the gameplay i mean) before the JP3
can you convince me to buy one ? as the main prob here is same as yours, the price !
in belgium, nice state TSPP are now +/- 5000 euros, i feel this being very hot, when, to compare, a STERN PRO NIB is 6200 :/
tanx

I dont know if I can convince you, but to me, it’s the best game ever made. Theme integration, rules, shot variety, call outs, artwork are all among the best ever done. It’s a tremendously deep and wide game. You’ve got your main tv modes and then you have side modes like treehouse of horror, pretzel mb, itchy and scratchy mb, Springfield mystery spot, hurry ups and multiple wizard modes, plus more. Many show voices are present. the only drawback to the game is ball times can be long. There is a ton of variety. I think it helps a lot if your are a simpsons fan, but it really captures a lot of the best in pinball. Plus, the game is very reliable and built very well.

#4689 4 years ago

tanx Lermods

well, not a Simpsons fan, but i like the theme

you already understand that we're more looking for something hard/deep

my son did, but to me never really dig playing this machine, because mostly played in tournaments & only when i was force to !
in fact i never take time to learn what to do & how to play this pin ! to me it was garage, garage & garage (and of course its not good as it)

recently i've watched McSirTuna video

and tanx to him, i've learned more than a lot (!!!), and thats also after this video that i wanted to consider a buy...

finally, thinking of it, my only barrier seems linked to the price

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx Lermods
well, not a Simpsons fan, but i like the theme
you already understand that we're more looking for something hard/deep
my son did, but to me never really dig playing this machine, because mostly played in tournaments & only when i was force to !
in fact i never take time to learn what to do & how to play this pin ! to me it was garage, garage & garage (and of course its not good as it)
recently i've watched McSirTuna video

and tanx to him, i've learned more than a lot (!!!), and thats also after this video that i wanted to consider a buy...
finally, thinking of it, my only barrier seems linked to the price

It's not just hitting the garage, and that can be made harder. The default setting is to light a tv mode at the start of each ball. Change that setting to light the tv by requiring a Kristy loop shot, game gets just a little harder.

Starting the modes gets you toward alen invasion, but completing the mode is very important. Not only do you get victory laps, which can score a lot of points when combined with a mb, but each completed mode adds time to alien invasion.

Like I said, there are other things to go for besides the garage, inuding the treehouse mores, itchy and scratchy mbs, Bart modes, hurry ups and mystery spot, pretzel mb and others I'm likely missing.

There is no deeper game than tspp...

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pricing for this game is all over the place, but typically between 4500 and 5500. I suggested the lower end because the game has been sitting for years unplayed with unknowns. if you've got battery issues, that's going to cost you a few hundred to replace. if you know the game works 100%, you'd be around $5k +/- a few hundred. there are a lot of these games out there so supply is not an issue and higher priced games tend to sit. check the code version, if it's original code with low plays, and it works, you've got a more valuable game. there are a few being listed for $6k+ I see, those will likely sit.

Good point, I didn't look at whether they sold in the listings... I picked one up a few months ago for 5k, but it has a ColorDMD so the 4500 makes sense now that I think about it more.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's not just hitting the garage...

yes, misunderstanding here
i wanna mean : i was playing by always shooting the garage, but that way was not the right way

#4693 4 years ago

Anyone know where I could get a doughnut shooter rod. TIA

#4694 4 years ago

Well I'm supposed to meet the guy tomorrow and see if I can buy his TSPP. I'm curious, what does it take to install a color dmd? Are they plug and play, even with old ROM? Which one should I buy?
Thanks again for your input.

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Well I'm supposed to meet the guy tomorrow and see if I can buy his TSPP. I'm curious, what does it take to install a color dmd? Are they plug and play, even with old ROM? Which one should I buy?

Plug and play, but you should install the latest cpu and display ROMs. I would get the LCD display and set it on hires.

#4696 4 years ago

Is there a brand name that you could recommend?

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, misunderstanding here
i wanna mean : i was playing by always shooting the garage, but that way was not the right way

Hi, fun to see you there.
I've got one and it's not leaving.
This pinball is quite crazy, especially whe' you start to manage shooting on the couch while in multiball, then all the various mode (reverted flip, alien invasion,..)
Layout is really great with a lot of stop'n go but also nice flow with orbit and tree ramp.
For the price, it seems hard to get below 4k indeed. And that's is quite logical as this pin is a really good one.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is there a brand name that you could recommend?

I get all my roms from astill entertainment out of Canada. Check out his site or email him with what you need. Reasonable pricing and good customer service. Doesn’t take long to arrive.

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi, fun to see you there.
I've got one and it's not leaving.
This pinball is quite crazy, especially whe' you start to manage shooting on the couch while in multiball, then all the various mode (reverted flip, alien invasion,..)
Layout is really great with a lot of stop'n go but also nice flow with orbit and tree ramp.
For the price, it seems hard to get below 4k indeed. And that's is quite logical as this pin is a really good one.

4K passe encore... mais 5k !?
bah

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Pretty easy. Tspp was my first pin and I was (and still am) a noob. I installed the color dmd fairly easily

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/94?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.