(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,252 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 146.
#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Joining the club. Picked up my TSPP yesterday. True to form, the fork switch for the VUK in the upper-left is sketchy. I should have proactively ordered replacements, but will be able to limp along for now.
Looking forward to using that rule sheet I created

Also found the couch weld to be busted. Seems I'm living through the "Greatest Hits"

I have what looks like the bracket that's supposed to fix it, but the part that the back of the coil rests on is broken loose. Caused the plunger to slide back through the hole during transport. Was able to pop it back out easily, but not confident it won't gets stuck on the wrong side of the hole.

Anyway, yet another part to add to my order.

#4602 4 years ago

Got my personal high today on my first game of the day! (Previous high 99mill). Still no alien invasion though! I've lit it up once but choked and didnt start the mode. What's everyone's personal high on TSPP?

20191124_134424 (resized).jpg20191124_134424 (resized).jpg
#4603 4 years ago
20190518_165543 (resized).jpg20190518_165543 (resized).jpg
#4604 4 years ago

Nowhere near the real wizard mode but I did reach all the other modes including my first time seeing Scratchy's revenge.

20190812_145644 (resized).jpg20190812_145644 (resized).jpg
#4605 4 years ago

After my first TSPP upgrade (Color DMD) I'm now considering upgrade #2 - full LEDs. I see Comet has an upcoming (up to) 30% off sale and they have the full kit including an OCD board, which I'll likely purchase (unless a better Black Friday deal comes along). The question I have is if I should get the kit with the LED flashers or without - it sounds like the flashers are just too much for some folks? I haven't experience them in person, I'm not sure what direction to take. Thank you for any guidance.

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

After my first TSPP upgrade (Color DMD) I'm now considering upgrade #2 - full LEDs. I see Comet has an upcoming (up to) 30% off sale and they have the full kit including an OCD board, which I'll likely purchase (unless a better Black Friday deal comes along). The question I have is if I should get the kit with the LED flashers or without - it sounds like the flashers are just too much for some folks? I haven't experience them in person, I'm not sure what direction to take. Thank you for any guidance.

I did the whole comet set, with flashers. I love it! I changed a flasher cover or two ( the white flasher was too bright) but all in all its a great set.

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Got my personal high today on my first game of the day! (Previous high 99mill). Still no alien invasion though! I've lit it up once but choked and didnt start the mode. What's everyone's personal high on TSPP?[quoted image]

115 million was my personal high. I cant send a screenshot because I lost the scores with the nvram switch.

I did start Alien Invasion but I couldn’t complete it. Its really hard to get the couch shot with 4 balls in !

#4608 4 years ago

Got my personal high today on my first game of the day! (Previous high 99mill). Still no alien invasion though! I've lit it up once but choked and didnt start the mode. What's everyone's personal high on TSPP?[quoted image]

Depends on the difficultly lol. I have my game on Easy so i can actually see some of the other modes in the game. Im not very good at pinball haha

#4609 4 years ago

Thank you

Will order the new coil on my next order
24-940 for the Garage Door

Happy Holidays

#4610 4 years ago

Anyone have a pulled Sparky I&S Tv Mod they want to sell ??

Please let me know

#4611 4 years ago

202 is my best. Still nowhere close to the wizard mode.

#4612 4 years ago

I've owned my game since 2003, hs is 256, never got passed AI, locked 4 balls though. Completing the modes is pretty important as it adds time to AI and the victory laps help boost your scores, particularly if you have a mb runnig. Getting super jackpots on couch mb also boosts the score a lot.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone have a pulled Sparky I&S Tv Mod they want to sell ??
Please let me know

These are still available. Or are you just looking for a used one for less?

#4614 4 years ago

130 mil is a very good score. Rarely get that high. I had an anomaly of a good game last week 242 mil. Never before for anywhere near that.

#4615 4 years ago

303 mil is my best at 3 ball, but I have it on the easiest settings, so it is pretty easy to get to AI and Mystery Spot... at least the first time. I have been 1 shot away from completing MS, but I just can never make the left ramp with my arm crossed. I may have to concentrate and cradle a ball or two on the left flipper in order to make the left ramp without all the chaos. I have never completed Couch MB,Mystery Spot, or AI. Someone posted that completing any of the TV modes adds time to AI....this is good to know.

#4616 4 years ago

I've only had it for a month or so, but I can't get more than 35m... I suck.

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've only had it for a month or so, but I can't get more than 35m... I suck.

I have mine a little longer. Got to 36m. I am pretty good on all my other pins except MBr.
TSPP may be my new favorite!

#4618 4 years ago

I was the same, stuck forever around 30M thinking I would never beat the factory GC of 50. You'll start stacking multiball and modes and learning how to use the timer for big points before too long. The bowen tutorial is very helpful. One of the big things is when the timer gets low start going for otto to renew it.

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I was the same, stuck forever around 30M thinking I would never beat the factory GC of 50. You'll start stacking multiball and modes and learning how to use the timer for big points before too long. The bowen tutorial is very helpful. One of the big things is when the timer gets low start going for otto to renew it.

Yeah, keeping the timer going and stacking the modes is huge. Also just picking say 3 easy modes, completing them and going for victory laps can also be very lucrative.

#4620 4 years ago

I was trolling through the audits and came across one for “GARAGE SECRET PASSAGE”. Anyone know what this is about? My GoogleFu is failing me.

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I was trolling through the audits and came across one for “GARAGE SECRET PASSAGE”. Anyone know what this is about? My GoogleFu is failing me.

I think that's for balls that don't make it up the garage ramp and fall back down the left orbit.

#4622 4 years ago

I don't really care for any of the speaker panel sticker mods in the Market.
Is anybody else making them?

#4623 4 years ago

Factory setting at normal.
323M but did not beat alien yet

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I think that's for balls that don't make it up the garage ramp and fall back down the left orbit.

I’ve done that a few times, but the audit is still zero. Good guess, though.

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I’ve done that a few times, but the audit is still zero. Good guess, though.

I just checked my audits and mine is not zero. Took the glass off and slow rolled a ball up in there, it came down the left orbit and incremented the audit. You may have a bad switch.

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I just checked my audits and mine is not zero. Took the glass off and slow rolled a ball up in there, it came down the left orbit and incremented the audit. You may have a bad switch.

Interesting. Many thanks for taking the time to check that out! Really appreciated.

I’ll investigate and report back so others can benefit.

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Presuming the gate just behind the garage door is supposed to register when pushed, I think you’ve nailed it.

Thanks again for pointing this out. I’ll take a look next time I pull the upper playfield.

Totally unrelated question: Anyone know if there’s something specific that invokes the “Si señor” call out, or is it random? I haven’t been able to figure out a correlation.

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Presuming the gate just behind the garage door is supposed to register when pushed, I think you’ve nailed it.
Thanks again for pointing this out. I’ll take a look next time I pull the upper playfield.
Totally unrelated question: Anyone know if there’s something specific that invokes the “Si señor” call out, or is it random? I haven’t been able to figure out a correlation.

I think I heard this call out last night when I hit the left ramp (treehouse ramp). It might be one of the random call outs when that ramp is counting up toward Treehouse of Horror. Maybe?

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think I heard this call out last night when I hit the left ramp (treehouse ramp). It might be one of the random call outs when that ramp is counting up toward Treehouse of Horror. Maybe?

I think it's one of the special callouts from combo-ing the left orbit first. That combo also gives you 2x the reward on the nuclear shot, treehouse, and kwik-e-mart.
Edit: and comic book guy.

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I think it's one of the special callouts from combo-ing the left orbit first. That combo also gives you 2x the reward on the nuclear shot, treehouse, and kwik-e-mart.

It was a combo left orbit to ramp, so that's probably right.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It was a combo left orbit to ramp, so that's probably right.

Great googly moogly is one of them, I'm trying to remember comic book guy's, but it's not coming to me. I can't remember Apu's either.

Edit: maybe great googly moogly is just from a clean shot the the stand up? There's definitely 2 special callouts on that shot.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Anyone have a line on a protector for the right big plastic? Previous owner had installed a set of course missing the important one. I have a hard time justifying $60 for one protector. Thanks

I sell a complete protector set for TSPP....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#4633 4 years ago

Great googly moogly is when you hit the add time standup direct from the upper right flipper and adds ten seconds.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Great googly moogly is when you hit the add time standup direct from the upper right flipper and adds ten seconds.

I think it's 2 seconds normally, 5 seconds for a clean shot, (no pop bumpers) and 10 seconds for the left orbit to clean shot combo. The 5 and 10 second awards each have a special callout. One is "ahoy!" and the other is great googly moogly.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I think it's 2 seconds normally, 5 seconds for a clean shot, (no pop bumpers) and 10 seconds for the left orbit to clean shot combo. The 5 and 10 second awards each have a special callout. One is "ahoy!" and the other is great googly moogly.

That's it.

#4636 4 years ago

"Ahoy! You are the king!" Cool combo to try out.

#4637 4 years ago

Anyone have a donut shooter rod they want to sell?

#4638 4 years ago

Pinbits has been unresponsive so I laser cut my own I&S hole protector out of PETG.
Yes, it lined up perfect once I put the posts back in.

is (resized).JPGis (resized).JPG
#4639 4 years ago

Do most of you that own this game have Cliffy's on your game?

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have Cliffy’s on the shooter lane and the tree house ramp.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

They're really made for super routed games to prevent them from getting worse. My game is HUO and perfect and I'm just paranoid so I went with the full set. I tend to for most of my games.

#4642 4 years ago

The I&S hole and shooter lane are the big ones I'd consider.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

They're really made for super routed games to prevent them from getting worse. My game is HUO and perfect and I'm just paranoid so I went with the full set. I tend to for most of my games.

^^ This. My garage ramp lead-in broke so I repaired it and installed all the cliffys. I will always use them on any machine I buy.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The I&S hole and shooter lane are the big ones I'd consider.

I was curious if you've had any issue with a Cliffy on the I&S hole? I ask because i have a hard time keeping my Cliffy down on my Austin Powers and Last Action Hero

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was curious if you've had any issue with a Cliffy on the I&S hole? I ask because i have a hard time keeping my Cliffy down on my Austin Powers and Last Action Hero

I used some extra double sticky sided tape on my LAH Cliffy's. I also had to drill a hole and put a screw in the right side of the chicken Cliffy. Works.

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Pinbits has been unresponsive so I laser cut my own I&S hole protector out of PETG.
Yes, it lined up perfect once I put the posts back in.[quoted image]

yeah this guy is horrible on getting back to you, emailed 2x this week about wrong protectors he sent, not a word. Done doing business with him.

#4647 4 years ago

Apologies if this has been asked before, but anyone know the default post positions for the outlanes?

#4648 4 years ago

Going back to the “Si señor” thing, I’ve heard it at times that didn’t involve combos, etc. I *think* it randomly happens when spelling “Si”, as that’s what I just saw on the DMD I heard the callout.

#4649 4 years ago

The outlane position is in the thread somewhere, and it appears in the manual if you have yours.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but anyone know the default post positions for the outlanes?

Pretty sure this is how it shipped

36C237B2-AFF0-4B4C-814C-87C1E0311A83 (resized).jpeg36C237B2-AFF0-4B4C-814C-87C1E0311A83 (resized).jpeg4FBEB4A5-92E7-4A5B-AF02-B0ADC75204C3 (resized).jpeg4FBEB4A5-92E7-4A5B-AF02-B0ADC75204C3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/93?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.