(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 146.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Ah, thanks! I thought I got one blinking, then it didn't light for the rest of the game once the mode was over. I'll have to get it to occur again and see what happens...or do you mean after I get the first character blinking, then I have to hit the couch again to keep character #1 lit?

If I remember correctly, blinking just means that’s the character up for collection. You need to get it solid to count as collected. You have to get all the jackpots, including the TV - THEN the couch to get the character. Do it again to get the next one. It’s very tough, I don’t think I’ve gotten more than 2.

#4552 4 years ago

Just run through the couch for each character while on couch MB. You can get more than one per MB. I have gotten four of them.

#4553 4 years ago

Anyone have a line on a protector for the right big plastic? Previous owner had installed a set of course missing the important one. I have a hard time justifying $60 for one protector. Thanks

#4554 4 years ago

I have been encountering an odd, inconsistent phenomenon the last few days with my TSPP. Whenever I hit my flippers, it's giving me automatic points! Sometimes this can happen when I'm on ball 1 and haven't even launched it into play. It's giving me sometimes 100 points even, and at other times a bit more, I think 110 or 120. Obviously it's somehow triggering something to cause the "free points." I don't see the bumpers activating, or anything else.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I have been encountering an odd, inconsistent phenomenon the last few days with my TSPP. Whenever I hit my flippers, it's giving me automatic points! Sometimes this can happen when I'm on ball 1 and haven't even launched it into play. It's giving me sometimes 100 points even, and at other times a bit more, I think 110 or 120. Obviously it's somehow triggering something to cause the "free points." I don't see the bumpers activating, or anything else.

Put the game into switch test and pound on the playfield a bit. See if anything triggers in test.

#4556 4 years ago

Joined the club last Friday. Picked this up from a guy who found it in a storage unit. Extremely dirty playfield but boards are very clean. Original batteries but no leakage, nvram on the way. Goodie bag still stapled inside. Someone stole the coin box at one point and in doing so destroyed the lock down bar, bent the coin door up pretty good, bent the lockdown bar receiver, chipped the glass and gouged the cabinet below the left side rail. Started cleaning it tonight. Coming along pretty well so far, but it’s a slow go. Really looking forward to playing it soon.

68729A65-16EC-4FAE-B169-2BFB8EB339C6 (resized).jpeg68729A65-16EC-4FAE-B169-2BFB8EB339C6 (resized).jpegDDB6E4F2-89F6-4DD2-8109-9A7FE9AA4E3F (resized).jpegDDB6E4F2-89F6-4DD2-8109-9A7FE9AA4E3F (resized).jpeg3F00118E-E3C8-4A9F-8883-FEA81A7548BE (resized).jpeg3F00118E-E3C8-4A9F-8883-FEA81A7548BE (resized).jpeg7B55CE87-F0DA-479C-9973-C27C2732CA90 (resized).jpeg7B55CE87-F0DA-479C-9973-C27C2732CA90 (resized).jpeg49FE7660-C2B3-45B7-834F-9D0265F519E0 (resized).jpeg49FE7660-C2B3-45B7-834F-9D0265F519E0 (resized).jpegA9184A1B-2D0E-4B4E-BE0B-0EF4B720CBF4 (resized).jpegA9184A1B-2D0E-4B4E-BE0B-0EF4B720CBF4 (resized).jpeg266902F9-B177-4465-8460-513066E99741 (resized).jpeg266902F9-B177-4465-8460-513066E99741 (resized).jpegE1B70C4B-BCBA-43FD-B37F-CB98CBBC1971 (resized).jpegE1B70C4B-BCBA-43FD-B37F-CB98CBBC1971 (resized).jpeg9D91510B-93DB-4A51-9282-5310063FC5CB (resized).jpeg9D91510B-93DB-4A51-9282-5310063FC5CB (resized).jpegAB9FE87C-28EC-4C6E-B6AC-3F990F833B64 (resized).jpegAB9FE87C-28EC-4C6E-B6AC-3F990F833B64 (resized).jpegA255E93D-C514-43EB-BBEC-397930B35DEF (resized).jpegA255E93D-C514-43EB-BBEC-397930B35DEF (resized).jpeg128232C3-AAF8-4F4B-A43B-64723CD5C252 (resized).jpeg128232C3-AAF8-4F4B-A43B-64723CD5C252 (resized).jpeg
#4557 4 years ago

It's cleaning up nicely! Congrats!

#4558 4 years ago

Revamped version of the rules flowchart. Added a box around each of the modes to make them easier to find, plus some other small tweaks.

TSPP Rules.pdfTSPP Rules.pdf
#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from Grindhouse:

Joined the club last Friday. Picked this up from a guy who found it in a storage unit. Extremely dirty playfield but boards are very clean. Original batteries but no leakage, nvram on the way. Goodie bag still stapled inside. Someone stole the coin box at one point and in doing so destroyed the lock down bar, bent the coin door up pretty good, bent the lockdown bar receiver, chipped the glass and gouged the cabinet below the left side rail. Started cleaning it tonight. Coming along pretty well so far, but it’s a slow go. Really looking forward to playing it soon.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You got one of the better playfield runs. There’s no splotch on Homer’s head!

#4560 4 years ago

Does anyone make a nice pinsound soundset for TSPP?
I only found Original at pinsound forum.
I think with the simpsons rock theme would be great, and without the annoying d'oh frenzy sound

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Does anyone make a nice pinsound soundset for TSPP?
I only found Original at pinsound forum.
I think with the simpsons rock theme would be great, and without the annoying d'oh frenzy sound

Is your Homer head working 100%. Part of the fun of Doh Frenzy is that he moves & lights up with each Doh! Removing it would be weird.

#4562 4 years ago

I just wish not every single switch gave an audible doh, the head should still follow but only doh on switches that matter.

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Put the game into switch test and pound on the playfield a bit. See if anything triggers in test.

By taking off the glass and just watching / listening, I figured out more or less what's going on. The right slingshot is going off anytime I press the right or left flipper, and it's also going off sometimes when the Homer head turns. However, when I press on the right slingshot with my hand, it does NOT operate. I wonder if I need to replace a switch...I'm not sure what would cause that behavior.

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

By taking off the glass and just watching / listening, I figured out more or less what's going on. The right slingshot is going off anytime I press the right or left flipper, and it's also going off sometimes when the Homer head turns. However, when I press on the right slingshot with my hand, it does NOT operate. I wonder if I need to replace a switch...I'm not sure what would cause that behavior.

It sounds like it is actually gapped too close together. To verify, you can pull the rubber off and retest by pushing on each switch for that sling.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It sounds like it is actually gapped too close together. To verify, you can pull the rubber off and retest by pushing on each switch for that sling.

Yep, that was apparently it! Sort of. I pulled the rubber off, it seemed to test out fine, and I put the rubber back on, ensuring it was placed properly into the grooves. I'm wondering if somehow the rubber got off the groove. After replacing the rubber, it worked fine (so far). Thank you so much - it's funny how many simple things I have yet to learn about repair and maintenance, but I am learning, thanks to folks like yourself and Pinside.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Yep, that was apparently it! Sort of. I pulled the rubber off, it seemed to test out fine, and I put the rubber back on, ensuring it was placed properly into the grooves. I'm wondering if somehow the rubber got off the groove. After replacing the rubber, it worked fine (so far). Thank you so much - it's funny how many simple things I have yet to learn about repair and maintenance, but I am learning, thanks to folks like yourself and Pinside.

It may return at some point where you will need to adjust the switches. Over time, those switches get their gap closed a little bit. Pretty easy to adjust, and won’t take long.

Glad to hear it was simple!

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Revamped version of the rules flowchart. Added a box around each of the modes to make them easier to find, plus some other small tweaks.[quoted image]

This would make a nice framed print!

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

I just wish not every single switch gave an audible doh, the head should still follow but only doh on switches that matter.

That wouldn’t be as funny & wouldn’t be a Frenzy. Lots of games have Switch Frenzy modes. Addams has Mamushka (every switch is a “Hey!”), Family Guy has Chicken Fight (every switch is a punch).

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That wouldn’t be as funny & wouldn’t be a Frenzy. Lots of games have Switch Frenzy modes. Addams has Mamushka (every switch is a “Hey!”), Family Guy has Chicken Fight (every switch is a punch).

I love that D'Oh, the one music that really annoys me is the Comic book guy Hurry Up. I hate it so much that I try making the shot the second it starts, I guess it was the goal !

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This would make a nice framed print!

Or tattoo?

#4571 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Aright I am really on the fence about selling this game. Very nice Simpson’s Pinball Party Machine. Game is in great shape. Please review all pictures to determine condition if...”
2019-11-04
Richfield, MI
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 698 times

Just reduced the price on my Simpson’s with color DMD.

#4572 4 years ago

monkfe made a good point about the text being too small, so here's a revamped version with larger text. Hope that helps!

I have no idea why it won't let me attach the PDF to this post, but here's a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch0d6zv3bd752ke/TSPP%20Rules%20v2.pdf?dl=0

#4573 4 years ago

Sorry for the repeated spam, as it won't let me edit my last post. Hopefully this is the last iteration... for now This revision is still pretty small, but my 46-year old eyes can read it, so likely as good as we're gonna get.

Highly suspect at some point later on I'll make a multi-page version so I can add in scoring details for each mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

#4574 4 years ago

Can be tricky but love trying for the left orbit->Treehouse ramp combo. Gives you two SIMPSONS letters to D'oh Fenzy as well, I believe.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Can be tricky but love trying for the left orbit->Treehouse ramp combo. Gives you two SIMPSONS letters to D'oh Fenzy as well, I believe.

There aren't a lot of shots in pinball more satisfying than making that left orbit through the pops. I think I've only managed to hit the treehouse ramp from it once though.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

There aren't a lot of shots in pinball more satisfying than making that left orbit through the pops. I think I've only managed to hit the treehouse ramp from it once though.

I’m the opposite. I hit the left ramp from the left orbit way more often than when it comes from Homer.

#4577 4 years ago

Joe Balcer asked if I could find him a set of NOS or repro plastics. I don't even know if they made a repro set.

Anyone able to hook Joe up?

He also said he's got some "cool shit" to trade. I'd have to find out exactly what said "cool shit" is.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Joe Balcer asked if I could find him a set of NOS or repro plastics. I don't even know if they made a repro set.
Anyone able to hook Joe up?
He also said he's got some "cool shit" to trade. I'd have to find out exactly what said "cool shit" is.

I've seen the Russians sell them on eBay from time to time.

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I've seen the Russians sell them on eBay from time to time.

Yup. Joe knows about those. He didn't think he wanted to go there.

If anyone has these and can vouch for them, let me know.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I bought a few replacement plastics for my Sopranos from the guy in Russia. They were good quality. The color/resolution was not identical to the original, but it was pretty close.

#4581 4 years ago

Yup. I bought a few TSPP plastics from the Russians.....the slingshot Duff girls, and that really long one on the right side.

Color was nearly identical to the originals. But yes, the resolution was different. It was actually BETTER than the originals, which were printed with that CMYK halftone dot process. The Russian repros are a lot nicer and cleaner looking. I would have been very happy to replace my plastics with a full set.

Check out these pics from a a few years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/28#post-3181892

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I bought his full colour cabinet decals and plastics and they were great. Definitely can recommend him.

#4583 4 years ago

I just put a set of the repo slings on and I think they look fine. Colors are sharper and more vibrant.

#4584 4 years ago

I just installed the new topper and Im super happy with it !

(and plugged the nvram so my high score is gone...)

C1D0F4F4-BE41-462E-A0B7-5616C71E3CDF (resized).jpegC1D0F4F4-BE41-462E-A0B7-5616C71E3CDF (resized).jpeg
#4585 4 years ago

I've had my TSPP for 2 or 3 months now and realized it's a long-term keeper, so I purchased an LCD COLORDMD. I realize it's a subjective choice, but does anyone have an opinion on the "best" mode for the LCD? I did a search on pinside and found discussions about LCD versus LED, but couldn't readily find an answer to this topic. Thanks for any opinions!

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I've had my TSPP for 2 or 3 months now and realized it's a long-term keeper, so I purchased an LCD COLORDMD. I realize it's a subjective choice, but does anyone have an opinion on the "best" mode for the LCD? I did a search on pinside and found discussions about LCD versus LED, but couldn't readily find an answer to this topic. Thanks for any opinions!

DOTSXL!

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I'm a fan of the LCD for its versatility, I like changing up from dots to smoothing every now and then. Just play around and see what you like.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Dots

#4589 4 years ago

Okay

I need the info on this delicate subject

How much should the garage door open

Mine opens and clears the ball but seems lower than I remember on other TSPP

Or if there is a page in this thread just lmk

Thanks
James

#4590 4 years ago

There’s a fix for a weak garage opening. It’s in this thread, might be to replace the coil, but not completely sure.

#4591 4 years ago

Has anyone ever figured out the rules and rewards around lighting up the characters faces in the lower center playfield? Getting super jackpots seems to light them. I lit them all but then it seemed it like they just all unlit again with little fanfare. I have read Bowen’s guide and I don’t believe this is even covered there. Thanks if anyone knows.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

DOTS XL forever. It’s the best representation of the art. So-called “Hi Rez” smears the art into something grotesque.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay
Thanks
James

I have had the garage door sag from time to time, but have seen little evidence that the coil was my issue. I have just cleaned everything related to it- replaced coil sleeve, cleaned the plunger and nylon tip, mine showed no signs of wear or any flat spot on it, and cleaned the black dust that was on the backside of the garage door.

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Has anyone ever figured out the rules and rewards around lighting up the characters faces in the lower center playfield? Getting super jackpots seems to light them. I lit them all but then it seemed it like they just all unlit again with little fanfare. I have read Bowen’s guide and I don’t believe this is even covered there. Thanks if anyone knows.

My hat is off to you sir, the best I have ever done is light 2 of the characters.Yes you are correct they are awarded after completing a super jackpot by putting a ball on the couch during Couch MB. I have never gotten close to see it, but assume that the fanfare for completing them all-would be the addition of another puzzle piece for SDMWM.

#4595 4 years ago

Okay
Thanks
James

I had an early run and my garage door also opened just enough to let the ball through - slightly higher than squishy plastic in front of it. I started getting the “sagging” issue, replaced it with the updated coil and opened up at the same height, just stronger and stayed open with no issues. IMO if it’s not sagging it’s not broke, don’t mess with it.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I had an early run and my garage door also opened just enough to let the ball through - slightly higher than squishy plastic in front of it. I started getting the “sagging” issue, replaced it with the updated coil and opened up at the same height, just stronger and stayed open with no issues. IMO if it’s not sagging it’s not broke, don’t mess with it.

Do you recall the updated coil number
The ball has clipped the door and pushed it closed a few times

Just want to prevent issues from occurring

Thanks

#4598 4 years ago

Do you recall the updated coil number
The ball has clipped the door and pushed it closed a few times
Just want to prevent issues from occurring
Thanks

As other have said it's a 24-940. You can get this with or without a diode. The original has a diode (I believe) so the the one with the diode would be the safe choice. You'll have to make sure the diode is set in the direction of the original. If not you'll have to reverse the wires when you re-solder or you'll blow the related transistor.

#4599 4 years ago

Joining the club. Picked up my TSPP yesterday. True to form, the fork switch for the VUK in the upper-left is sketchy. I should have proactively ordered replacements, but will be able to limp along for now.

Looking forward to using that rule sheet I created

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Joining the club. Picked up my TSPP yesterday. True to form, the fork switch for the VUK in the upper-left is sketchy. I should have proactively ordered replacements, but will be able to limp along for now.
Looking forward to using that rule sheet I created

Nice...great machine enjoy it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/92?hl=grindhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.