(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 146.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

search my posts, there is a fix for that coil. Basically, you want to put a 1/4 piece of plastic, wood or even a bottle cap behind the plunger in the coil to shorten the travel. this will provide more of a kick to get it out of there.

Thank you so much!!

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is an auxiliary plug in the front of the game, right side, same as SAM

yeah but im using that for color dmd, so I need a adaptor Im guessing????

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah but im using that for color dmd, so I need a adaptor Im guessing????

Colordmd includes a split connection so you should have a connector available.

#4454 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Aright I am really on the fence about selling this game. Very nice Simpson’s Pinball Party Machine. Game is in great shape. Please review all pictures to determine condition if...”
2019-11-04
Richfield, MI
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 698 times

Just listed mine in the market bought another game so I need the space.

#4455 4 years ago

I put a shaker motor in my game, pretty cool. Have it going off with the red flasher in the back, which goes off on couch Multiball. Triggered it with a couple of other flashers too.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Colordmd includes a split connection so you should have a connector available.

unfortunately I didn't install it, so I guess whoever did kept it.

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

unfortunately I didn't install it, so I guess whoever did kept it.

it comes prewired, you can't remove it. you don't have an extra connection hanging off your dmd connection at the coindoor?

#4458 4 years ago

Can someone help me figure out a question about the garage ?

I dont understand what rule sends the ball to the living room or to cleytus. I thought that every time the clean the garage was lit it was going to the living room but it doesnt.

Also does a weak shot that makes it in the garage can still send the ball to the living room or is it also based on how far the ball goes in ?

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can someone help me figure out a question about the garage ?
I dont understand what rule sends the ball to the living room or to cleytus. I thought that every time the clean the garage was lit it was going to the living room but it doesnt.
Also does a weak shot that makes it in the garage can still send the ball to the living room or is it also based on how far the ball goes in ?

There's no diverter in there, so the code doesn't really "make a decision". Behind the door the ball has to jump a little ramp over the loop. A hard shot will go to the VUK and a soft one will fall into the Cletus loop.

#4460 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

There's no diverter in there, so the code doesn't really "make a decision". Behind the door the ball has to jump a little ramp over the loop. A hard shot will go to the VUK and a soft one will fall into the Cletus loop.

Oh, ok. Well that makes things much easier then !
Thank you.

#4461 4 years ago

So I did a little bit of searching and couldn't find a definitive answer, but the shot on the upper playfield with the right flipper to the ramp for the couch is a hard one to make. Most of the time my ball goes up the ramp and just cant make the turn and falls back down. Is it just a matter of waxing the ramp really good or are there other things to try? I know most of it is a timing issue. Is the shot really supposed to be that difficult?
thanks

#4462 4 years ago

Is the flipper sticking or binding somewhere? It is a clean shot right at the end of the flipper.

#4463 4 years ago

It's definitely supposed to be a tricky shot to hit the couch with the upper right flipper. Assuming your upper flipper is working properly and at full strength, it's mostly about timing. I have a sweet spot on the flipper where I can hit the couch more than half the time. I'm glad it's tricky, because the garage and the side ramp will send the ball up to the living room. I find the ball spends a lot of time up there, so the shot to the couch being difficult makes sense.

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So I did a little bit of searching and couldn't find a definitive answer, but the shot on the upper playfield with the right flipper to the ramp for the couch is a hard one to make. Most of the time my ball goes up the ramp and just cant make the turn and falls back down. Is it just a matter of waxing the ramp really good or are there other things to try? I know most of it is a timing issue. Is the shot really supposed to be that difficult?
thanks

Make sure the flipper coil plunger & sleeve are clean...maybe get a new sleeve or rebuild if you have to.

#4465 4 years ago

How do I remove/move the outlane posts? I removed the rubber ring, but the nut on the bottom is really tough to loosen. I tried a hollow nut driver, but it didn't fit right. Any specific tool/process for removing/moving outlane posts? (posts numbered "15" in the manual). Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

#4466 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did what you all suggested and the coil sleeve looked fine but i cleaned it anyways. Ive had to move all my games out of my game room and into my kitchen because we are having the wood floors redone. So I think most of my problem was the level of my game. Being that Ive had my game for 2 weeks, I dont think Ive really got it to the correct level in my game room either. Also, it is a timing issue too. Ive got it all dialed in now and timing down. Works as it should.
Thanks again

Quoted from Rarehero:

Make sure the flipper coil plunger & sleeve are clean...maybe get a new sleeve or rebuild if you have to.

Thank You

Quoted from Pinkitten:

It's definitely supposed to be a tricky shot to hit the couch with the upper right flipper. Assuming your upper flipper is working properly and at full strength, it's mostly about timing. I have a sweet spot on the flipper where I can hit the couch more than half the time. I'm glad it's tricky, because the garage and the side ramp will send the ball up to the living room. I find the ball spends a lot of time up there, so the shot to the couch being difficult makes sense.

Thank you

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

How do I remove/move the outlane posts? I removed the rubber ring, but the nut on the bottom is really tough to loosen. I tried a hollow nut driver, but it didn't fit right. Any specific tool/process for removing/moving outlane posts? (posts numbered "15" in the manual). Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

Use a 1/4" wrench on top and I think 11/32" socket below the playfield. The rubber can stay on.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Use a 1/4" wrench on top and I think 11/32" socket below the playfield. The rubber can stay on.

thank you!!

#4469 4 years ago

Has anyone heard even a whisper of a new Simpsons pin coming out? Given how popular TSPP was I can see a huge demand for a 3rd pin ... lots of new characters/voice could be added to a new one (Mr. Burns, Ralph, Flanders, Lionel Hutz, Lenny/Carl, Hank Scorpio, Hans Moleman, etc.)

#4470 4 years ago

My dealer spoke to Gary a year or two back and he said absolutely not. I would love it to get done with the LCD and graphics but sounds like it’s not possible.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

thanks

It is a tough shot. I nudge the machine forward while making the shot and the extra oomph seems to help

#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It is a tough shot. I nudge the machine forward while making the shot and the extra oomph seems to help

I don't have a problem with it. Just need the ball to the end of each flipper before shooting. Sounds like mine is setup well

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't have a problem with it. Just need the ball to the end of each flipper before shooting. Sounds like mine is setup well

My end of the flip sends the ball straight on the lock target. To hit the couch I’m at the top of the bat, almost right after its released.

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My end of the flip sends the ball straight on the lock target. To hit the couch I’m at the top of the bat, almost right after its released.

I had some issues with this. Make sure your playfield is level, your upper playfield is level (all 3 hand screws are tightened down) and that your upper playfield is cleaned and waxed. The shots are much easier to make with a clean playfield that is completely level.

#4475 4 years ago

I had some issues with this. Make sure your playfield is level, your upper playfield is level (all 3 hand screws are tightened down) and that your upper playfield is cleaned and waxed. The shots are much easier to make with a clean playfield that is completely level.

That’s a good idea. My playfield is level, or so it seems, the bubble is right in the middle, but it never hit my mind to check if the upper playfield was level too.

#4476 4 years ago

This Duff can mod is kind of flimsy it shakes every time homer turns his head anyone have a fix to make it more stable

7C6C8E2E-A2C4-4B0A-BF24-8AE7B924EAC4 (resized).jpeg7C6C8E2E-A2C4-4B0A-BF24-8AE7B924EAC4 (resized).jpeg
#4477 4 years ago

I was one shot away from Alien Invasion.... Argh, so close! Loving the game though, glad I picked it up!

#4478 4 years ago

Oh,nqueation about locking the ball in the couch - after getting my first couch multiball, it seems I have to do something to tenable the ability to lock the ball - otherwise when you make the shot, it just spits it out. What am I aiming for to re-enable the lock?

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Oh,nqueation about locking the ball in the couch - after getting my first couch multiball, it seems I have to do something to tenable the ability to lock the ball - otherwise when you make the shot, it just spits it out. What am I aiming for to re-enable the lock?

The green lock targets on the upper playfield.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This Duff can mod is kind of flimsy it shakes every time homer turns his head anyone have a fix to make it more stable[quoted image]

Remove it.

1 week later
#4481 4 years ago

Oh it is good to be back in the club. I sold my TSPP to a good friend over a year ago- and I regretted it immediately ,but needed the money for some expensive pool repairs.He sold it back to me 2 weeks ago, and I am in love with it again- I have been playing it exclusively.I had been playing Houdini since I got it in March, trying to beat the MM wizard mode. This seems unreachable, much like the wizard mode in TSPP, must be why it like it so much. The best I have ever done is completing 3 puzzle pieces for the wizard mode- I&S Revenge, Daredevil, and Secret Stash. Such a clever game! How can you go wrong with 5 flippers and a great layout? Cheers

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Oh it is good to be back in the club. I sold my TSPP to a good friend over a year ago- and I regretted it immediately ,but needed the money for some expensive pool repairs.He sold it back to me 2 weeks ago, and I am in love with it again- I have been playing it exclusively.I had been playing Houdini since I got it in March, trying to beat the MM wizard mode. This seems unreachable, much like the wizard mode in TSPP, must be why it like it so much. The best I have ever done is completing 3 puzzle pieces for the wizard mode- I&S Revenge, Daredevil, and Secret Stash. Such a clever game! How can you go wrong with 5 flippers and a great layout? Cheers

TSPP is my most fun pin. I also mostly play it exclusively. It is never leaving.

#4483 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a donut shooter rod?

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Good to have you back in the club!

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Take a look at the one from Pinbossmods.com. The price is kind of ridiculous, but it does look cool and is well-made.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I picked mine up from Mezelmods.com as well as the treehouse mod to cover the spotlight and they are both well made and look great!

#4487 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Both of those places are out of stock. However, Pinbossmods messaged me and said he will be making more in a few months.

#4488 4 years ago

When will someone remake the orange left main ramp??? It's been years now that it has not been available.

#4489 4 years ago

I just got myself an nvram and a topper. Really excited about it, can't wait to install it !

#4490 4 years ago

Just got my parts back from the powder coater, feel like a kid again on Christmas. I wasn't sure about the color as I picked it from Prismatic's online catalog ("FUNCO YELLOW" for anyone interested) but I think it turned out well. There is a metallic flake to it, but it's a little hard to see.

IMG_3006 (resized).JPGIMG_3006 (resized).JPGIMG_3007 (resized).JPGIMG_3007 (resized).JPGIMG_3008 (resized).JPGIMG_3008 (resized).JPG
#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Just got my parts back from the powder coater, feel like a kid again on Christmas. I wasn't sure about the color as I picked it from Prismatic's online catalog ("FUNCO YELLOW" for anyone interested) but I think it turned out well. There is a metallic flake to it, but it's a little hard to see.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I recently just spray painted my South Park parts "Maui blue" and it turned out pretty nice. I also bought a can of some yellow i was planning on doing my TSPP, just been kinda lazy. Powder coating is the way to go, but for $10 i figured id give it a try, and since i dont have plans of getting rid of my machine, im not worried about the paint getting damaged since they arent heavily played.

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Just got my parts back from the powder coater, feel like a kid again on Christmas. I wasn't sure about the color as I picked it from Prismatic's online catalog ("FUNCO YELLOW" for anyone interested) but I think it turned out well. There is a metallic flake to it, but it's a little hard to see.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would you mind sharing how much it was to get everything coated? I reached out to a local place by me and it was like $300-400 for everything.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Would you mind sharing how much it was to get everything coated? I reached out to a local place by me and it was like $300-400 for everything.

Of course not, $310 out the door. That included the special order color, stripping the previous powder coatings & sand blasting the rest. They threw in the black bolts & coin door frame since they had a batch going in with the same color.

Side note; I just realized I'm missing the lockdown bar and they are on the hunt for it.

#4494 4 years ago

Anyone ever have this happen?

Turn on game. Says 5 balls missing. Starts countdown and shoots some balls out to the pf.
Countdown gets to 0. Game goes into attract mode.
Press start. I think no ball in shooter lane. Left flipper is controlling the drop targets, right flipper moves Homer's head and the itchy scratchy kick out. There is also some weird vibrating sound coming from the boards. Like a pattern.

Weird as hell.

Turn game off. Reseat connector at ball trough (because of the 5 ball missing message). Make sure all connectors in head pushed in. Push on all the chips...the nvram.

Turn game back on. 5 balls missing, etc. But at end of countdown I press start and game starts.
I think all is well. I'm having a good first ball, But all of a sudden a ball gets pushed into shooter lane as I play. Pressing flipper buttons starts to alternate from controlling flippers to controlling the drops and Homer's head like before.

I've never seen anything like this.

#4495 4 years ago

156 millions, 5 tv modes completed and about to start Alien Invasion, a dream game. Until my wife grabbed me because we were awaited for dinner.

Kinda hate life right now !

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Turn on game. Says 5 balls missing. Starts countdown and shoots some balls out to the pf.
Press start. I think no ball in shooter lane. Left flipper is controlling the drop targets, right flipper moves Homer's head and the itchy scratchy kick out. There is also some weird vibrating sound coming from the boards. Like a pattern.
Weird as hell.
Turn game off. Reseat connector at ball trough (because of the 5 ball missing message). Make sure all connectors in head pushed in. Push on all the chips...the nvram.
Turn game back on. 5 balls missing, etc. But at end of countdown I press start and game starts.
I think all is well. I'm having a good first ball, But all of a sudden a ball gets pushed into shooter lane as I play. Pressing flipper buttons starts to alternate from controlling flippers to controlling the drops and Homer's head like before.

I can't say I've had this happen on a modern game but it sounds like an issue I had with an older ss machine recently. The older game was fixed by replacing connectors and putting new pins on certain connections.

#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Weird as hell.

I haven't had that specific problem happen, but I did have cracked solder in the pins on my trough opto, which caused it to intermittently work, and kill the rest of the items in that column.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

The color looks great! I hope you get your lockdown bar soon. Please post pics when you get it all together.

#4499 4 years ago

Need some technical help! The ball is getting stuck in the garage. The ejecter works, but the ball doesn't shoot up to the upper playfield until a ball search. The ball is in the saucer/ejecter, but it's like it doesn't know it's in there (bad sensor?). What should I check/adjust? I looked around the ejecter assembly and didnt see anything unplugged. Thanks in advance guys!

#4500 4 years ago

Need some technical help! The ball is getting stuck in the garage. The ejecter works, but the ball doesn't shoot up to the upper playfield until a ball search. The ball is in the saucer/ejecter, but it's like it doesn't know it's in there (bad sensor?). What should I check/adjust? I looked around the ejecter assembly and didnt see anything unplugged. Thanks in advance guys!

Bad switch. Put game in switch test mode and move the switch with your hand from under the playfield. Replace the switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/90?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.