Topic Stats

• 4,364 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 205 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

30C4B37B-A071-4565-9CA0-2BED2E44844B (resized).jpeg
20190901_172408 (resized).jpg
20190901_172501 (resized).jpg
20190901_172422 (resized).jpg
20190901_172652 (resized).jpg
20190830_074751 (resized).jpg
20190830_074143 (resized).jpg
20190830_074810 (resized).jpg
IMG_0366 (1) (resized).jpg
20190824_090015 (resized).jpg
20190824_085955 (resized).jpg
20190728_090554 (resized).jpg
20190811_184456 (resized).jpg
20190811_183932 (resized).jpg
97B2C91B-4C96-4D12-B865-2990FA1F5B00 (resized).jpeg
D90A8416-8E65-47E6-89DD-95987478E745 (resized).jpeg

There are 4364 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 88.
#4301 26 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

If you could only have one other pin to compliment your TSPP what would it be?

If I had to keep one out of my collection it would be Batman 66.

#4302 25 days ago

Hello again all... I got some great troubleshooting advice from you all a few years back and was wondering if anyone could help me out again.

My TSPP machine has started randomly kicking out an extra ball into the shooting lane during my games. Happened a few times last week, then didn't, then just now it kicked out a single during a game, then kicked out three straight during my next one. This happen to anyone else? I tried searching the forums but came up short.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#4303 24 days ago

Picked up a TSPP yesterday. HUO. One of 30 built in 2008. Looks brand new.

20190824_085955 (resized).jpg20190824_090015 (resized).jpg
#4304 24 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

One of 30 built in 2008.

Forgive this question if it seems stupid but what is that significance? (I wasn’t in the hobby back then to know) Why were there so few made in 2008?

#4305 24 days ago

I'm going to list my Documented HUO TSPP this week. Low play, absolutely gorgeous playfield, has Color DMD, side art and some other mods. Prob going to list in the low 6's. PM me if interested

#4306 24 days ago
Quoted from Twirt:

Hello again all... I got some great troubleshooting advice from you all a few years back and was wondering if anyone could help me out again.
My TSPP machine has started randomly kicking out an extra ball into the shooting lane during my games. Happened a few times last week, then didn't, then just now it kicked out a single during a game, then kicked out three straight during my next one. This happen to anyone else? I tried searching the forums but came up short.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You likely have a trough switch problem. Go into the diags menu and look at the ball trough clear function. Match up your switches to where the balls are and go from there. Probably a misaligned jam opto or loose wire on the shooter lane or something.

#4307 23 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Picked up a TSPP yesterday. HUO. One of 30 built in 2008. Looks brand new.[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought mine just a few weeks ago, and mine was built in 2008 also! I had no idea they produced so few that year. That was the final year of production, I believe. Is that right? I wonder what, if any, differences there are from when they began in 2003.

Congrats on your new addition. Such a cool pin. I just added some stuffing to the tops of my smoke stacks...pretty cool, very cheap mod!

Here's a pic of my "smoking" towers...it's not my idea, of course. So I give credit to whomever thought to do this first!

IMG_0366 (1) (resized).jpg
#4308 23 days ago

Stern made around 70 TSPP in 2009. That was the last year of production. They did 10 runs from 2003 to 2019. There was probably demand up till they stopped making them. I found this info in Mr. Pinball guide.

I like the steam effect. May have to do that. Congrats to all who have a TSPP.

#4309 23 days ago

i Installed a shaker motor in my tspp today, pretty cool mod. I had it triggering off the upper left flasher (which is active on couch mb start), homers head flasher and the itchy flasher. Kind of cool to have this mod. I could have customized it to trigger off other flashers or solenoids. Took me about 20 minutes to install, it’s entirely plug and play and has its own power source that only comes on when you turn the game on. It’s made by Pinshakers, which we are now a distributor for. PM me if you are interested or ask questions here in the forum if you have any.

#4310 22 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i Installed a shaker motor in my tspp today, pretty cool mod. I had it triggering off the upper left flasher (which is active on couch mb start), homers head flasher and the itchy flasher. Kind of cool to have this mod. I could have customized it to trigger off other flashers or solenoids. Took me about 20 minutes to install, it’s entirely plug and play and has its own power source that only comes on when you turn the game on. It’s made by Pinshakers, which we are now a distributor for. PM me if you are interested or ask questions here in the forum if you have any.

Sounds neat. Wonder if i could get it running with my LOTR standard instead of jumping through hoops to get the normal one to work

#4311 22 days ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Sounds neat. Wonder if i could get it running with my LOTR standard instead of jumping through hoops to get the normal one to work

Yep, it absolutely will work with lotr, same ability to customize. No rom or pal chips needed for lotr.

In fact, it will work with any whitestar or SAM game.

#4312 21 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You likely have a trough switch problem. Go into the diags menu and look at the ball trough clear function. Match up your switches to where the balls are and go from there. Probably a misaligned jam opto or loose wire on the shooter lane or something.

Thanks. I'll give it a look this afternoon!

#4313 16 days ago

Just went over my new TSPP. Put in all Comet led lighting and Tilt side art City Scape. Waiting on new rubber parts and some non-ghost lighting.

One light is out though. It is not the bulb. The skill shot light is out. I am not sure if there are supposed to be two red wires as on all the other sockets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

20190830_074143 (resized).jpg20190830_074751 (resized).jpg20190830_074810 (resized).jpg
#4314 16 days ago

I have had two bulbs in a row be bad.
Could be the bulb to socket connection.

#4315 16 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just went over my new TSPP. Put in all Comet led lighting and Tilt side art City Scape. Waiting on new rubber parts and some non-ghost lighting.
One light is out though. It is not the bulb. The skill shot light is out. I am not sure if there are supposed to be two red wires as on all the other sockets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bend the leads on the led bulb outward and see if that helps.

#4316 16 days ago

edit: these are gone

Hey guys I have some NOS parts that ill be listing for sale and was wondering what prices would be fair.

Upper playfield, plastics, homer, bart, itchy, scratchy, 4x cooling towers
20190901_172408 (resized).jpg20190901_172652 (resized).jpg20190901_172422 (resized).jpg20190901_172501 (resized).jpg

#4317 15 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have had two bulbs in a row be bad.
Could be the bulb to socket connection.

Bad diode in socket. Now working. Thanks.

#4318 14 days ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust how tight the lockdown bar is? Mine is pretty loose, most of my games have two screws on the receiver that you can adjust but TSPP doesn't seem to have those.

#4319 14 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust how tight the lockdown bar is? Mine is pretty loose, most of my games have two screws on the receiver that you can adjust but TSPP doesn't seem to have those.

I put a thicker piece of foam on the underside of the lockbar. Made it much tighter.

#4320 14 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I put a thicker piece of foam on the underside of the lockbar. Made it much tighter.

Cool beans, that was my backup plan. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some super obvious adjustment.

#4321 13 days ago

Is there a reason to replace the fluorescent lighting in the back box with LEDs other than looks?

#4322 13 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is there a reason to replace the fluorescent lighting in the back box with LEDs other than looks?

Heat, Energy consumption

#4323 13 days ago

Trying to get an LED tube to work. Thanks.

#4324 13 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Trying to get an LED tube to work. Thanks.

you have to remove the ballast from the circuit or it isnt going to work. The LED light you bought may have come with a wiring diagram.

#4325 13 days ago

Hello
Does anyone know the setting to adjust to be able to cancel a game, and start a new one, with a 2-3 second push on the start button?

#4326 13 days ago
Quoted from koops:

Forgive this question if it seems stupid but what is that significance? (I wasn’t in the hobby back then to know) Why were there so few made in 2008?

The game was first built in 2003, and had many runs throughout the years (along with LOTR). By 2008 Stern has changed from Whitestar to SAM, so they didn’t have a lot of Whitestar boards to keep making big runs of older games...not to mention demand had dwindled anyway as used TSPP & LOTR were really common. Some distribs still wanted some new inventory to sell to customers, so small runs were still being built in 2008 if distribs wanted them.

#4327 12 days ago
Quoted from Ben38:

Hello
Does anyone know the setting to adjust to be able to cancel a game, and start a new one, with a 2-3 second push on the start button?

It should be in stern adjustments, #35 "game restart"

#4328 12 days ago

I would love to see Stern release a vault edition of this pin, but re-theme it to the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror style pin. I’m thinking in regards to how they re-themed the Dark Knight pin to Batman 66, with the new display and art package. Now that would be awesome!

#4329 12 days ago

I’m a relatively new owner and have been digging into the rules. I have one quick question, hopefully not too stupid. When tracking the ten double scoring areas necessary to get to Springfield Mystery Spot, it is obvious where the lights are to keep track of 9 of the 10 shots. However, I don’t see a double scoring insert for the bumpers. Is there any way to visually track when it’s active and when it has been completed?

#4330 12 days ago
Quoted from mlboom:

I’m a relatively new owner and have been digging into the rules. I have one quick question, hopefully not too stupid. When tracking the ten double scoring areas necessary to get to Springfield Mystery Spot, it is obvious where the lights are to keep track of 9 of the 10 shots. However, I don’t see a double scoring insert for the bumpers. Is there any way to visually track when it’s active and when it has been completed?

It's the insert that lights up napping Homer, blinking when active, solid when timed out.

#4331 12 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It's the insert that lights up napping Homer, blinking when active, solid when timed out.

Aah, got it. Thank you!

#4332 12 days ago
Quoted from mlboom:

That Springfield Mystery Spot drives me crazy, I've read that some people inverts their hands to beat it. I tried and besides it being very painful it doesn't help hitting the right flipper.
The second problem is that once finished, it still takes me a while to readjust to normal gameplay, so Mystery Spot often also means the end of the game I wasn't too bad at !

#4333 11 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

That Springfield Mystery Spot drives me crazy, I've read that some people inverts their hands to beat it. I tried and besides it being very painful it doesn't help hitting the right flipper.
The second problem is that once finished, it still takes me a while to readjust to normal gameplay, so Mystery Spot often also means the end of the game I wasn't too bad at !

I just double flip like a 6 year old. I'm sure I don't do as good as if I switched my hands, but at least it doesn't mess me up when the mode ends.

#4334 11 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

I do the cross over all the time with Houdini. I like the reverse inverted best. Score lots of points with that.
I have not done it in TSPP yet. Only have it a few weeks.

#4335 11 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I do the cross over all the time with Houdini. I like the reverse inverted best. Score lots of points with that.
I have not done it in TSPP yet. Only have it a few weeks.

At least mystery spot gives you a ball save when it ends. It's good to do intentionally as you can have a little breather when it pops back into the shooter lane.

#4336 11 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It should be in stern adjustments, #35 "game restart"

Tested yesterday, and working! Thanks a lot

#4337 11 days ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

you have to remove the ballast from the circuit or it isnt going to work. The LED light you bought may have come with a wiring diagram.

I just got the 24" led tube from Marco. It is specifically made for Stern pins to replace the fluorescent. It is stated to remove the starter and take out the ballast. There is no info on wiring or pictures. Can anyone send some pictures and explain how to rewire. I do not want to burn out this new tube. Thanks.

#4338 10 days ago

Marco sent the info I needed. Light is working now. Looks great.

#4339 10 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

I did Mystery Spot last night after getting the LED back box light working. I was surprised because I never saw it before. I did the Houdini cross over.
Score #1 at 47 mil. Knocked my buddy down to #4.

#4340 8 days ago

Its pretty crazy how crossing your hands works haha. First time i did that my mind was blown lol

#4341 8 days ago

This week is training week ! Im hoping to get better at hitting the left ramp, it’s still half random and that shot is much needed to complete most of the modes.

Its tricky because of the transparent plastic piece that diverts the ball sometimes the ball rolls on it sometimes the ball goes all the way right.

Ill take any tip

#4342 6 days ago

Is the Homer head supposed to come off by taking off the small black rubber? Mine does not want to come off after the rubber is off.

#4343 6 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is the Homer head supposed to come off by taking off the small black rubber? Mine does not want to come off after the rubber is off.

Yes, should lift right off.

#4344 6 days ago

Mine took some wiggling and extra force but eventually came off.

#4345 6 days ago

I’ve had lots of practice with the reverse flippers on GB. Mass Hysteria MB is reverse flippers too. I was very surprised how well that works, crossing your arms. But on GB they revert back to normal and then reversed again during MB when you hit a stand up target. Fun!

#4346 5 days ago

Hi, I have a multipart question for you TSPP owners out there:
Have any of you bought/made a LED Back Box light to replace the florescent tube?
And if you did; What are your opinions & what did you use?

Thanks in advance...

#4347 5 days ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Have any of you bought/made a LED Back Box light to replace the florescent tube?
Thanks in advance...

Here’s ours:

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fthe-simpsons-pinball-party-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit

#4348 5 days ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Thanks in advance...

I just put in a 24" LED tube from Marco. Direct replacement. Take out the starter and disconnect the ballast.

#4349 5 days ago

Is it normal for the left outlane wire guide to be angled wider at the top where the ball comes in? I have not seen this on any other pins. Thanks.

#4350 5 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is it normal for the left outlane wire guide to be angled wider at the top where the ball comes in? I have not seen this on any other pins. Thanks.

Yup. I think it's to make sure drains from the pop bumpers enter the inlane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Frederick, MD
There are 4364 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside