(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 146.
#4251 4 years ago

I agree ColorDMD is a must and the installation isn't hard. The original DMD is worth around $75 so you'll have to decide if having someone install it for you is a good deal.

I wouldn't bother with a shaker, personally. I would suggest getting an LEDOCD board though if you have any desire to put LEDs in it. It makes an enormous difference.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Looks like this is mine decals? If somebody need new decals for cabinet. DM me. i have two options, with or without fade effect.

Yes it is. Very happy!

#4253 4 years ago

Agree...ColorDMD is a must. Skip the shaker.
If the game has LEDs, an OCD board is also a must, in my opinion.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

So my upper right saucer #24 stopped working. Soldered in a new switch last week and nothing. Tested and found switch 64 and 16 also not registering. Only thing in common is the white/gray CN7 row. But the other switches on that row work (tilt Bob, garage door etc). We looked for obvious broken wire and tested diodes and reseated the connection at the CPU.
I don’t want to start digging into the harness looking for a broken wire. I have a meter to test continuity. Any suggestions or old threads to read?
Thanks.[quoted image]

Updated! We tracked the issue down to a broken solder joint at one of the switches. As the matrix states we had signal until a certain point then it went dead. Tracing back it was broken at the solder joint where 2 wires go into one. Thank you guy for the troubleshooting tips!

8D44E56D-FC1E-44C6-A5D2-022BFB58D5B4 (resized).jpeg8D44E56D-FC1E-44C6-A5D2-022BFB58D5B4 (resized).jpeg
#4255 4 years ago

Chalkey TSPP was also one of my first pins and the Color DMD was my first mod install. I think you’ll find troubleshooting and modding your own game can be one of the best and most rewarding aspects of this hobby and the DMD install is a great start with few tools required and simple step by step inx. Congrats!

#4256 4 years ago

Need help-got a buddy who just started powder coat co. Willing to experiment. Has anyone done pink rails? Name of color? Let’s fool around...open to ideas. If he gets good could be a great asset to the community.

#4257 4 years ago

Somewhere in the depths of this thread the is a photo of a TSPP in the same pink as the doughnut

#4259 4 years ago

Eww. Nuclear green or yellow would have more appeal.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Eww. Nuclear green or yellow would have more appeal.

Lots of examples of green, yellow, and red in the topic gallery.

#4261 4 years ago

I've owned this game close to a year now and never been able to crack 30mil. Occasionally by sheer luck I get up into the 20 mil range, but it's not consistent. I also seem to read a lot about how long the ball times are for people, yet I feel like I'm always draining (my balls last maybe a few minutes at best). Any ideas on how I can go about not sucking at this? As it stands this is probably my least played game now since I just drain constantly.

#4262 4 years ago

Where are your outlane posts set? You should be able to top 30M if you can combine couch and itchy and scratchy multiballs and get a few jackpots.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Where are your outlane posts set? You should be able to top 30M if you can combine couch and itchy and scratchy multiballs and get a few jackpots.

Stealing a photo from another thread:

Mine was at B-3, but I just moved it to the same settings in the photo a couple days ago to see how that goes.
ccf39581e7f14733241e96ba02e6c57de471f550 (resized).jpgccf39581e7f14733241e96ba02e6c57de471f550 (resized).jpg

The left outlane is all the way at the bottom.

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I've owned this game close to a year now and never been able to crack 30mil. Occasionally by sheer luck I get up into the 20 mil range, but it's not consistent. I also seem to read a lot about how long the ball times are for people, yet I feel like I'm always draining (my balls last maybe a few minutes at best). Any ideas on how I can go about not sucking at this? As it stands this is probably my least played game now since I just drain constantly.

It can be a bit mean on ball launch. I put like a 13 second ball saver. I also have an extra ball on replay so I get one around 14 million. This is the only game I have with an extra ball reward. Check your itchy kickout (no pun) you may need to adjust the deflector if it’s draining. The drains from the pops are annoying. No solution. To me this game is a bit of a shooter. I catch the ball more in this one than my other games. Some games I suck like crazy making the garage.

We seem to be getting closer with our machines. Nice line up you have.

#4265 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I usually suck at pinball as in I never passed 1 million after a year of owning WOZ (and 1200 games), but surprisingly my TSPP has been much more forgiving and I regularly pass 50 millions (3 balls + EB at replay)

I dont feel it drains too much on me especially because its an easy game to nudge (gently) and except from the bumbers its quite easy to see early if a ball is a headed to the outlane.

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Mine was at B-3, but I just moved it to the same settings in the photo a couple days ago to see how that goes.

ccf39581e7f14733241e96ba02e6c57de471f550 (resized).jpg

The left outlane is all the way at the bottom.

My understanding is the wider the gap between posts (I.e. A3) the easier. This allows more room to bump away from outlane and a wider path into the shooters lane, instead of the outlane...

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

My understanding is the wider the gap between posts (I.e. A3) the easier. This allows more room to bump away from outlane and a wider path into the shooters lane, instead of the outlane...

Yep mine is B3 and some heading for the outlane go into the shooter.

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Interesting, I'll try opening them all the way up then. I figured closer together would be easier since it would be a smaller gap for the ball to go through.

What pitch do you guys have your game at?

#4269 4 years ago

Standard pitch is 6.5. That's where mine is set. The auto-plunge goes into the Kick-E-Mart.

#4270 4 years ago

I have mine set up much like others mentioned above and I usually score 15 to 60 Million, start at least one couch multi ball and occasionally reach Alien invasion or mystery spot. I think I am an average player, I’m certainly not league quality.

- Left outlane is all the way to the bottom
- Right outlane is in the B3 position
- The picth is set to 6.8
- 7 second ball saver
- An extra ball award
- Itchy and Scratchy saucer eject always goes to left flipper, never SDTM

Good luck getting yours dialed in, once you do this game is so much fun! I think this is my favorite pin with an amazing variety of ways to play, looking for a high score, completing TV modes, Starting mini-wizard modes etc.

#4271 4 years ago

I just did a custom color theme with titan rings. I put glow in the dark posts and rings around the nuclear plant area, hoping it would glow more, but it doesn’t really glow until I turn off the machine lol. Still a neat gimmick I suppose. I miscounted and I’m 3 posts short from being finished. But i like the way it turned out. Next is a colorDMD.

1A71E8DE-9348-4A2A-81D1-E19E2DE59AF4 (resized).jpeg1A71E8DE-9348-4A2A-81D1-E19E2DE59AF4 (resized).jpeg4EC64C9B-A08E-48DF-9221-1F37E62A22C7 (resized).jpeg4EC64C9B-A08E-48DF-9221-1F37E62A22C7 (resized).jpeg62A0DFB1-2EFF-433D-91C7-43D9D94015E3 (resized).jpeg62A0DFB1-2EFF-433D-91C7-43D9D94015E3 (resized).jpeg97B2C91B-4C96-4D12-B865-2990FA1F5B00 (resized).jpeg97B2C91B-4C96-4D12-B865-2990FA1F5B00 (resized).jpeg9859404E-C53B-4219-AF8F-229D2BFD35F5 (resized).jpeg9859404E-C53B-4219-AF8F-229D2BFD35F5 (resized).jpeg9D825454-65C6-4727-B6AC-4AE94E2AE382 (resized).jpeg9D825454-65C6-4727-B6AC-4AE94E2AE382 (resized).jpegCA67BA9A-D43A-4866-9E42-9B27C895FAE8 (resized).jpegCA67BA9A-D43A-4866-9E42-9B27C895FAE8 (resized).jpegD90A8416-8E65-47E6-89DD-95987478E745 (resized).jpegD90A8416-8E65-47E6-89DD-95987478E745 (resized).jpegF9CAF336-B8DF-4D5D-B95A-3673CE26B7F5 (resized).jpegF9CAF336-B8DF-4D5D-B95A-3673CE26B7F5 (resized).jpeg
#4272 4 years ago

Looks neat. Two suggestions, if I may. The flippers need cleaning and would look great with some Titan rubbers. Get a Kwik-E-Mart sticker.

#4273 4 years ago

You could add a new garage door decal too, or possibly clean off the ball marks if the decal isn’t worn thru. I tried using gel hand sanitizer on a Q-tip to clean the black off flippers and stand up targets. Worked great, and it evaporates without leaving any behind. You could use a cleaner or even Goo-Gone, but that’s much more harsh and has a strong odor. Looking good!

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You could add a new garage door decal too, or possibly clean off the ball marks if the decal isn’t worn thru. I tried using gel hand sanitizer on a Q-tip to clean the black off flippers and stand up targets. Worked great, and it evaporates without leaving any behind. You could use a cleaner or even Goo-Gone, but that’s much more harsh and has a strong odor. Looking good!

And put Mylar over it

#4275 4 years ago

Looking for a set of slingshot plastics. Anyone have a spare set and want to help a brother?

Thanks in advance

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Looks neat. Two suggestions, if I may. The flippers need cleaning and would look great with some Titan rubbers. Get a Kwik-E-Mart sticker.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Quoted from gumnut01:

And put Mylar over it

Yea I need to clean the flippers, I replaced the bottom ones when I got the machine, and I was just going to replace the others too so the yellows would all match. Garage door sticker is on my cart at pinball life with some flipper rebuild kits and spotlight replacements.

Oh and all of the rings are titan

#4277 4 years ago

Following up on me sucking... I just straight up removed the top post haha, I'm having a better time but still finish below 10mil most of the time. I'll keep trying at it to see if I start enjoying the game more now. I also made a shooter rod, which was pretty easy.

20190811_184456 (resized).jpg20190811_184456 (resized).jpg20190811_183932 (resized).jpg20190811_183932 (resized).jpg
#4278 4 years ago

Question for the group:

I have a HUO in good condition. I often set to easy play for the kids so they have a better chance to get to SMS and Alien Invasion. I find during those longer games (for example after a long couch multiball) that the garage door will start to droop (not open all the way). This only seems to happen after the game has been used for awhile. Any idea the cause or better said how to adjust/fix?

A great game... But the drooping of the garage door can be a bummer when playing at times.

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

Question for the group:
I have a HUO in good condition. I often set to easy play for the kids so they have a better chance to get to SMS and Alien Invasion. I find during those longer games (for example after a long couch multiball) that the garage door will start to droop (not open all the way). This only seems to happen after the game has been used for awhile. Any idea the cause or better said how to adjust/fix?
A great game... But the drooping of the garage door can be a bummer when playing at times.

mine does the same thing! i was thinking about replacing the coil.

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

mine does the same thing! i was thinking about replacing the coil.

Yeah, mine did that too until I replaced the coil with the stronger one that is actually recommended by Stern in a service bulletin. I don't remember the part number, but I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread.

#4281 4 years ago

Had same limp garage door issue, I replaced with above coil # - no issues after that.

#4282 4 years ago

Sort of regretting putting the treehouse mod in. Nothing wrong with it. Just feel it hides too much of the Kwik-E-Mart loop.

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sort of regretting putting the treehouse mod in. Nothing wrong with it. Just feel it hides too much of the Kwik-E-Mart loop.

That's a clever mod, but one I decided against and returned once I saw how much it obstructed. I'm sure others really like it. The monorail train mod also looks great but the trade off is less visibility.

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yeah, mine did that too until I replaced the coil with the stronger one that is actually recommended by Stern in a service bulletin. I don't remember the part number, but I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread.

Yea i remember seeing that. Thats the plan, just not the priority right now. Ill grab it next time i make an order. Its Stern 090-5036-OT/24-940

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That's exactly how I rule out some rather cool looking mods, the treehouse and the monorails are the first one that come to mind. I'm also considering moving the I&S TV sideways to get a better view at the rather tight left ramp shot.

Actually I might be using the TV as an excuse to cover for my lack of skills at that game, but heck someone has to pay for it

#4286 4 years ago

I dont think the treehouse covers anymore then that bundle of lights.

#4287 4 years ago

Sorry for crashing the owners thread ...
I’m not an owner (yet) ... but man I played the hell out of this game at ReplayFx this year and it really grabbed my attention. I had never played one before. This machine is packed with pinball goodness !!! I’m in the hunt for one.

#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Sorry for crashing the owners thread ...
I’m not an owner (yet) ... but man I played the hell out of this game at ReplayFx this year and it really grabbed my attention. I had never played one before. This machine is packed with pinball goodness !!! I’m in the hunt for one.

Please consider your membership application to have been received and currently in the pending/under-review file. Good luck with your hunt of this awesome pin.

#4289 4 years ago

I guess my Simpsons has a little Gottlieb DNA in it.

20190728_090554 (resized).jpg20190728_090554 (resized).jpg
#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I guess my Simpsons has a little Gottlieb DNA in it. [quoted image]

Same here.

#4291 4 years ago

If you could only have one other pin to compliment your TSPP what would it be?

#4292 4 years ago

AFMr. Something not as mode based.

#4293 4 years ago

What is a nice huo tspp going for these days? I have been out of the game for a few years. Looking to get back in and have a chance to buy one.

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

What is a nice huo tspp going for these days? I have been out of the game for a few years. Looking to get back in and have a chance to buy one.

Probably 5-$6k for a documented clean game.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I have a south park right now as my only other pin. But I really want a Lord of the Rings or a Family guy. Outside of those, AFM, RFM or TZ are on my wish list. Im not a HUGE pinball guy, there are only a few tables i really love, and the prices are insane so I will probably never own more than 2 or 3.

#4296 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase the yellow speaker decal? It has the two cheerleaders on it. I messaged whom I believe the creator, but no reply.

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I just bought a really nice one from a store, restored, for $9000 CDN. I think that’s about $6700 USD.

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I have a south park right now as my only other pin. But I really want a Lord of the Rings or a Family guy. Outside of those, AFM, RFM or TZ are on my wish list. Im not a HUGE pinball guy, there are only a few tables i really love, and the prices are insane so I will probably never own more than 2 or 3.

LOTR is a great complimentary game to TSPP. Those were my first two NIB games. Check out ACNC. I am not an Alice Cooper fan but I played it at Lyons and was so impressed, I have one on order. Bowen's rules have those little touches that make TSPP so much fun to play.

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I recently bought a clean, low-play HUO version for $5700. I had been in the market for a really minty version for about 6 months. I almost bought one for $5200 in early 2019, and was kicking myself for passing on it. After that, finding a really pristine version was tricky, and most were pushing $6k, especially if modded and with color DMD. TSPP stock has risen the past year or two. A nice TSPP was $4500, or even less, in 2017.

I hope you find one for a good price. Such a deep, challenging and really fun pin!

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I have a WOZ next to my TSPP, I realized after spending hours playing pinballs on location, that I'm always more drawn to mode based games with rich rulesets, I do enjoy playing lighter games like AFM or MB but not enough to keep wanting to play them more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/86?hl=chaz009 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.