(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 146.
#4201 4 years ago

I finally cracked 100 mil on my new TSPP! I got to Alien Invasion, but didn’t complete all the ball locks. My game lost track of a ball and did a ball search as time expired. Maybe next time. It’s chaos during that mode! Really fun pin!

202E55BD-FE78-4FFB-9960-9DC5F4097B91 (resized).jpeg202E55BD-FE78-4FFB-9960-9DC5F4097B91 (resized).jpeg
#4202 4 years ago

Anyone know where i can get a good set of plastic protectors and cliffys for my TSPP? wanna make sure she lasts awhile

#4203 4 years ago

Cliffys are at http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP.htm

Plastics you can find on eBay.

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Anyone know where i can get a good set of plastic protectors and cliffys for my TSPP? wanna make sure she lasts awhile

indypinhead sells very nice plastic protectors for TSPP. They fit perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Cliffys are at http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP.htm
Plastics you can find on eBay.

he doesn't make the itchy and scratchy gobble hole protector though.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=74

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

he doesn't make the itchy and scratchy gobble hole protector though.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=74

That's right. He lets you know that and points to Pinbits. Very clear.

#4207 4 years ago

Also any suggestions on cabinet art? My game is in great shape except the cab and head art are super faded.

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Also any suggestions on cabinet art? My game is in great shape except the cab and head art are super faded.

If it truly is faded (which a lot of people think they are, but they are not), you can get decals from Pete at Retrorefurbs-
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-simpsons-pinball-party-cabinet-decals/

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

All of the minor characters on the cabinet appear faded, but that's the way they are supposed to be. I've never seen a cab with the Simpson family and logo faded. If yours is truly faded, post a pic. I think we'd all like to see what that looks like.

#4210 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If it truly is faded (which a lot of people think they are, but they are not), you can get decals from Pete at Retrorefurbs-
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-simpsons-pinball-party-cabinet-decals/

Those cab decals by retrofurbs have been "colored," correct?

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

All of the minor characters on the cabinet appear faded, but that's the way they are supposed to be. I've never seen a cab with the Simpson family and logo faded. If yours is truly faded, post a pic. I think we'd all like to see what that looks like.

Definitely. I always thought the Simpsons Pin Party cabs were prone to major fading. However, it appears to be just the low-res printing on the cabinet and the color saturation. Like you said, it’s intended to be very faint compared to the larger, main characters. Also, if you look at pics from different TSPP production runs over the 5 or so years (2003-2008 or 09), the color seems brighter on some cabinets. I’m not sure why, but it does vary on some pins. My 2008 pin looks very faded in the background, but the color is crisp on the logo and larger characters.

#4212 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Those cab decals by retrofurbs have been "colored," correct?

Correct. A lot of people actually prefer the decals out there more than the original cabinet, because they feel the original cabinet appears faded, even though it is by design.

#4213 4 years ago

I always disliked the faded look of the original decals. Re-decaled my cabinet with full colour decals. Colour matched the cabinet bolts too.

IMG_20190616_215305 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_215305 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_215320 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_215320 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_215345 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_215345 (resized).jpgIMG_20190118_220542 (resized).jpgIMG_20190118_220542 (resized).jpg
#4214 4 years ago

I just did decals on one of these and did notice this: On the original art the word "MAYOR" on the mayor is correct, but the "DUFF" on the beer bottle is backwards. On the new art, the word "MAYOR" is backwards and the "DUFF" is correct. Seemed odd that they fixed one backwards word and created another.

Also, there were a few characters missing from the lower part of the head decals.

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I just did decals on one of these and did notice this: On the original art the word "MAYOR" on the mayor is correct, but the "DUFF" on the beer bottle is backwards. On the new art, the word "MAYOR" is backwards and the "DUFF" is correct. Seemed odd that they fixed one backwards word and created another.
Also, there were a few characters missing from the lower part of the head decals.

Quoted from BioBa:

I always disliked the faded look of the original decals. Re-decaled my cabinet with full colour decals. Colour matched the cabinet bolts too.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job on the decals. Did both of you go the "strip it to bare wood" route? Difficulty?

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Great job on the decals. Did both of you go the "strip it to bare wood" route? Difficulty?

I very rarely remove the old decals. I see no point at all to go through this quite time consuming exercise. The old decals make a perfect new surface for the new decals. I of course fill in all scratches or damage to the cabinet and sand it all back to be smooth.

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I very rarely remove the old decals. I see no point at all to go through this quite time consuming exercise. The old decals make a perfect new surface for the new decals. I of course fill in all scratches or damage to the cabinet and sand it all back to be smooth.

Thx. Can you see any bleed though of the old decal image? If not, then this is the way I'll go with mine

#4218 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thx. Can you see any bleed though of the old decal image? If not, then this is the way I'll go with mine

Is the original cab a decal? I thought it was direct print. At least i think mine is.

#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

My original had no decals from Stern; art was printed right on the cabinet.

I lightly sanded mine (not enough to remove the original art) , filled nicks and scratches with body filler, masked, then primed white with Zinsser oil based primer to prevent any old art bleed through (although I'm not sure priming was necessary with the decals I got as they seemed to be completely opaque). I applied the decals dry.

It turned out awesome! I wouldn't say the whole process was hard, just time consuming.

#4220 4 years ago

I can confirm the original cab was direct print. No decals.

#4221 4 years ago

Looks fantastic with the I&S cartoons playing!
Is there a protector for the shooter lane by chance? Mine is getting worn right where the ball pops out.

20190701_132706 (resized).jpg20190701_132706 (resized).jpg
#4222 4 years ago

Got my I&S replacement. They were both just holding sticks.

08B18B9B-A921-4CE7-9DC6-37A2C52B0816 (resized).jpeg08B18B9B-A921-4CE7-9DC6-37A2C52B0816 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4223 4 years ago

Anything special to worry about when buying a TSPP?

Looking to join the club this weekend. I am going on a 6 hour round trip to possibly purchase a supposedly HUO TSPP for $5,000 this weekend. This won't be my first pin but will be by first Simpsons game. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on this game? I'm thinking main points of concern are wear around the flipper buttons, shooter lane wear, Itchy & Scratchy popout, and garage door. Is there anything else I should be weary of on this machine? I have requested a few additional pictures before driving up there.

Assuming it looks brand new, I'll probably put some LEDs and side art.

Thanks

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking to join the club this weekend. I am going on a 6 hour round trip to possibly purchase a supposedly HUO TSPP for $5,000 this weekend. This won't be my first pin but will be by first Simpsons game. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on this game? I'm thinking main points of concern are wear around the flipper buttons, shooter lane wear, Itchy & Scratchy popout, and garage door. Is there anything else I should be weary of on this machine? I have requested a few additional pictures before driving up there.
Thanks

Think you got it covered TSPPway besides the general pinball stuff like leaking batteries, broken entry on ramps and broken plastics. But I would like to add check extra the mini display on the upper playfield. If it has button wear I am guessing it is not a HUO.

#4225 4 years ago

Make sure that there are no issues with the couch mb release. They make a strengthened bracket that is available at Marco.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4226 4 years ago

Thanks

Hi! I would check the ramp behind the garage door. This one can be broken easily. I’m not sure if there are replacements available. I did mine with Cliffys a long time ago and it was partly broken already.

Enjoy!!

#4227 4 years ago

To be really sure you can remove or raise the upper playfield easily

#4228 4 years ago

Anyone know where to buy green inserts for the nuclear side rails and hinges? I’m getting yellow powder coat so need to switch to green. I can always laminate some heavy fluorescent green paper but it would be easier to buy pre-made.

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Anyone know where to buy green inserts for the nuclear side rails and hinges? I’m getting yellow powder coat so need to switch to green. I can always laminate some heavy fluorescent green paper but it would be easier to buy pre-made.

When I paint mine I was planning on just taking the plastic off and spray painting it, if you find something premade I'd love to know where!

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

When I paint mine I was planning on just taking the plastic off and spray painting it, if you find something premade I'd love to know where!

That’s not a bad idea, thanks. Looks like there are some neon green paints available that are compatible with plastic.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I always disliked the faded look of the original decals. Re-decaled my cabinet with full colour decals. Colour matched the cabinet bolts too.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like this is mine decals? If somebody need new decals for cabinet. DM me. i have two options, with or without fade effect.

#4232 4 years ago

Thanks

And... seller doesn't have any more photos, it's in a storage unit, and won't take anymore before me committing to a long drive so its a pass.

#4233 4 years ago

Just purchased TSPP last week as my first pin and looking forward to lots of fun and great advice from you all.

Firstly, I see batteries on the board- is it safe to assume NVRAM should be my first upgrade?

Second, how difficult are the color DMD and I&S TV mods for a newbie?

AC20009F-B50B-4B0C-A8FE-3F6657811A92 (resized).jpegAC20009F-B50B-4B0C-A8FE-3F6657811A92 (resized).jpeg
#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from wookiewarlord:

Just purchased TSPP last week as my first pin and looking forward to lots of fun and great advice from you all.
Firstly, I see batteries on the board- is it safe to assume NVRAM should be my first upgrade?
Second, how difficult are the color DMD and I&S TV mods for a newbie?[quoted image]

1st - i would remote battery or ditch the lithiums altogether.
2nd - pretty easy and very easy.

#4235 4 years ago

I just put NVRAM in mine, I'm happy to not have to worry about batteries anymore. The mods are simple enough and they should come with decent instructions.

#4236 4 years ago

The itchy and scratchy mod limits the ball visibility leading to the upper right flipper which will hurt the accuracy for the left ramp shot, IMHO.

#4237 4 years ago

My treehouse gets triggered with the garage shot sometimes. I checked the switch on the treehouse ramp and it does not seem stuck open. Anything else I should check for? Or is this normal.

Also quicky mart sometimes does not trigger. Usually during Wiggum mode which is annoying. Again when I test trigger it seems fine.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The itchy and scratchy mod limits the ball visibility leading to the upper right flipper which will hurt the accuracy for the left ramp shot, IMHO.

I bought my machine with the tv installed and I agree. I moved mine over to the right screw on top of the spinner and it improved the visibility greatly. Here's a 6' player view of it.

20190718_080852 (resized).jpg20190718_080852 (resized).jpg
#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I bought my machine with the tv installed and I agree. I moved mine over to the right screw on top of the spinner and it improved the visibility greatly. Here's a 6' player view of it.[quoted image]

That's where I put mine from day one, never felt it was blocking my ability to see any shots there.

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I bought my machine with the tv installed and I agree. I moved mine over to the right screw on top of the spinner and it improved the visibility greatly. Here's a 6' player view of it.[quoted image]

Over to the side like that is where the installation instructions recommend.

#4241 4 years ago

So my upper right saucer #24 stopped working. Soldered in a new switch last week and nothing. Tested and found switch 64 and 16 also not registering. Only thing in common is the white/gray CN7 row. But the other switches on that row work (tilt Bob, garage door etc). We looked for obvious broken wire and tested diodes and reseated the connection at the CPU.
I don’t want to start digging into the harness looking for a broken wire. I have a meter to test continuity. Any suggestions or old threads to read?

Thanks.

1BED7C59-D102-465C-9698-D10B5A67BCC4 (resized).jpeg1BED7C59-D102-465C-9698-D10B5A67BCC4 (resized).jpeg
#4242 4 years ago

Remove the switch row / column connectors. Short those switches with a set of test clips. If they don't activate you have an IC to replace (or cold solder on the Male pins). If they work appropriately it's something between the connectors and playfield.

#4243 4 years ago

OK. So to do this test right what state does the machine need to be in? In service menu mode or in standby? Does it matter?
How do I “short those switches with a set of clips” so I do the right test correctly? Short the male pin from the board and connect to the ground strap?

#4244 4 years ago

With the power of unplug the connectors, I think it's 5 and 7. Then go to the switch test (IIRC you can get there with these connectors disconnected as the menu buttons are dedicated). With your test lead connect the Male column pin to the Male row pin and it will show up in the switch test. Compare with known working switches to make sure you're doing it right.

#4245 4 years ago

Thank you, I will run the tests shortly.

#4246 4 years ago

Please welcome the newest member of TSPP (me)! This is my first ever pin! It’s going to be shipped in a few days. So excited.

What is everyone’s thoughts about adding a shaker or colour dmd? The guy I’m buying it from said he could add a shaker for $230 CDN and said he’d have it associated with the pops. Also considering the colour dmd. Obviously looks nicer but there is something said to keep it original. He said he would install the dmd for free if he can keep the original screen.

Thoughts? Very happy to be the newest member!

#4247 4 years ago

I’d buy and ship him the colour dmd (obviously).

#4248 4 years ago

I'd get the color DMD, it looks great. The install is easy if you know how to use a screwdriver and follow printed directions. If you're not comfortable doing it having him install it is certainly an option.

I'd say adding a shaker to a game that doesnt have code integration is a miss. Just having it shake when it hits the pops is kind of weak in my opinion. But it's your game! Go hog wild and do whatever makes you happy. Welcome to the club!

#4249 4 years ago

Colordmd is a must for this game!

#4250 4 years ago

Color dmd is crazy cool. I wouldnt bother with the shaker. Lot of fun mods for this one. Check out sparkys simpsons tv with itchy and scratchy cartoons

20190701_132706 (resized).jpg20190701_132706 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 45.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/85?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.