(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 146.
#4151 4 years ago

Proud to say Im finally in the club!

20190529_192024 (resized).jpg20190529_192024 (resized).jpg
#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Why is ball save so inconsistent?
I know it may not be a favorite option for you better players, but i'm not that good and probably never will be.
Sometimes it will give me a new ball, sometimes not, I don't see any rhyme or reason to it.
The best I can guess is that if the ball hits a single switch or target, it's over.
The roms are version 4, but I plan on getting a set of v5.
Does it change with v5?

If the yellow skill shot insert in the plunger lane is still flashing you're safe.

Edit: The yellow insert is how you can tell if the playfield has been validated or not. This mainly matters after locking a ball as you don't have the normal ball save that you'd get from starting a new ball. The switches that validate the playfield are pretty much every switch that isn't the pops and the slings. I'm not sure how many pops/slings you can hit before validation happens but it is a few at least.

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Why is ball save so inconsistent?
I know it may not be a favorite option for you better players, but i'm not that good and probably never will be.
Sometimes it will give me a new ball, sometimes not, I don't see any rhyme or reason to it.
The best I can guess is that if the ball hits a single switch or target, it's over.
The roms are version 4, but I plan on getting a set of v5.
Does it change with v5?

From your explanation I assume you actually don't have a ball save. By default you are right, if you hit no switch (i think?) it will let you have another go at the skill shot (provided the yellow triangle insert at the exit of the shooter is lit.) If you are running an up 2 date rom, the setting you are looking for is "free time", that will give you a true timed ball save

#4154 4 years ago

It's called freeze time.

#4155 4 years ago

I still can’t figure what that target does, it’s the only one that’s not marked and hitting it doesnt seem to do much

7DB836E9-C994-4E55-A465-38EC298915C4 (resized).jpeg7DB836E9-C994-4E55-A465-38EC298915C4 (resized).jpeg
#4156 4 years ago

The Left (Kwik-E-Mart) Loop scores points and adds a bonus multiplier. The
number of points awarded by the Kwik-E-Mart Loop is increased by a random
score
between 1,000 and 10,000 by hitting the target in front of the loop.

I think this is the answer....from the rule sheet...

#4157 4 years ago

Hi, I would like to share with you our current fundraising to purchase brand new pinball machines for our local Children's Hospital, they would replace the actual machines I've placed with my wife.
Share the love and don't hesitate to PM me for details :

https://www.ulule.com/des-lumieres-dans-les-yeux/
all details : https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

#4158 4 years ago

New member and cannot believe I've waited this long to give this title a chance!
I had a great chance to pick my choice of pins from a large collection and after I played Simpsons it was 1 of the 5 I bought ... I had to have it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/245#post-5033603

It's got color DMD, speaker lights, perfect playfield, special armor, full LEDs, sparkly TV, side decal art, and flipper fidelity speakers
So far, I've waxed it and made some minor fixes and am having a great time playing it
What a game!

Here's some beauty shots

IMG_4915 (resized).JPGIMG_4915 (resized).JPGIMG_4917 (resized).JPGIMG_4917 (resized).JPGIMG_4918 (resized).JPGIMG_4918 (resized).JPGIMG_4919 (resized).JPGIMG_4919 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4923 (resized).JPGIMG_4923 (resized).JPGIMG_4924 (resized).JPGIMG_4924 (resized).JPGIMG_4925 (resized).JPGIMG_4925 (resized).JPGIMG_4926 (resized).JPGIMG_4926 (resized).JPGIMG_4928 (resized).JPGIMG_4928 (resized).JPGIMG_4929 (resized).JPGIMG_4929 (resized).JPGIMG_4931 (resized).JPGIMG_4931 (resized).JPGIMG_4932 (resized).JPGIMG_4932 (resized).JPGIMG_4933 (resized).JPGIMG_4933 (resized).JPGIMG_4934 (resized).JPGIMG_4934 (resized).JPGIMG_4935 (resized).JPGIMG_4935 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPG
#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

New member and cannot believe I've waited this long to give this title a chance!
I had a great chance to pick my choice of pins from a large collection and after I played Simpsons it was 1 of the 5 I bought ... I had to have it!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/245#post-5033603
It's got color DMD, speaker lights, perfect playfield, special armor, full LEDs, sparkly TV, side decal art, and flipper fidelity speakers
So far, I've waxed it and made some minor fixes and am having a great time playing it
What a game!
Here's some beauty shots[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good to see the original version of the tv mod is still working well!

I have a few other mods for TSPP now, if you're interested (treehouse to cover the double spot lamps, living room lampstand, In Rod We Trust flasher dome cover, and a monorail).

Photo_2018-08-10_01-16-50_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-08-10_01-16-50_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngIMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_055647_332 (resized).jpg
#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a few other mods for TSPP now, if you're interested (treehouse to cover the double spot lamps, living room lampstand, In Rod We Trust flasher dome cover, and a monorail).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent!

#4161 4 years ago

Shopping mine and I found this wire in the Homer head area loose. Not sure what it does. Anyone have info or a pic of how it goes?

20190609_203526 (resized).jpg20190609_203526 (resized).jpg
#4162 4 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5016-00

That wire prevents a ball trap behind Homer's head. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-homer-head-trap-kit-1 looks like it has pictures which, if I recall correctly, are consistent with my game.

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5016-00
That wire prevents a ball trap behind Homer's head. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-homer-head-trap-kit-1 looks like it has pictures which, if I recall correctly, are consistent with my game.

Thanks!

#4164 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a few other mods for TSPP now, if you're interested (treehouse to cover the double spot lamps, living room lampstand, In Rod We Trust flasher dome cover, and a monorail).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The lamp looks awesome I should get one and the big flasher there really bothers me. Actually all the flashers bother me !

I’m a bit dubious about the monorail mod, it looks really good but I fear it might block the view on a wide portion of the upper playfield, which is why I suppose they put a thin ramp.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The lamp looks awesome I should get one and the big flasher there really bothers me. Actually all the flashers bother me !
I’m a bit dubious about the monorail mod, it looks really good but I fear it might block the view on a wide portion of the upper playfield, which is why I suppose they put a thin ramp.

I understand the concern with the monorail. I had the game at GSPF with the monorail on, and had no complaints (were you at the show adol75 ?). The game had over 500 plays during the 3-day show. I sold out of the few monorails I brought to the show, and only have two left of the second batch. Not sure if any of those customers have installed yet, or not, but I haven't heard back from them, so that's a good sign so far.

- The garage and Otto's shot are visible over the monorail.
- The entrance to Moe's ramp is blocked, but Moe's sign and just above the entrance to the ramp are visible (it's very obvious where the entrance to the ramp is, in other words). I haven't had any problems hitting the ramp because of the monorail.
- The Daredevil Bart newton ball is blocked, but I never shoot for this on purpose. It's always a miss of the ramp or right orbit.
- The right orbit is completely visible.

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I understand the concern with the monorail. I had the game at GSPF with the monorail on, and had no complaints (were you at the show adol75 ?). The game had over 500 plays during the 3-day show. I sold out of the few monorails I brought to the show, and only have two left of the second batch. Not sure if any of those customers have installed yet, or not, but I haven't heard back from them, so that's a good sign so far.
- The garage and Otto's shot are visible over the monorail.
- The entrance to Moe's ramp is blocked, but Moe's sign and just above the entrance to the ramp are visible (it's very obvious where the entrance to the ramp is, in other words). I haven't had any problems hitting the ramp because of the monorail.
- The Daredevil Bart newton ball is blocked, but I never shoot for this on purpose. It's always a miss of the ramp or right orbit.
- The right orbit is completely visible.

I think that monorail looks awesome Sparky, like it was made by one of the Simpsons' cartoonists. If I had my TSPP back, I would buy that mod in a second. Good job!

#4167 4 years ago

Is the consensus for flipper buzzing when being held due to coil stops ? And that needs to be replaced ? I’m new to flipper repairs
Thanks

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is the consensus for flipper buzzing when being held due to coil stops ? And that needs to be replaced ? I’m new to flipper repairs
Thanks

Replacing mine stopped the buzzing. My homer head was buzzing pretty badly as well, replacing the stop cured that too.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from Heartbreak7:

Replacing mine stopped the buzzing. My homer head was buzzing pretty badly as well, replacing the stop cured that too.

Thanks for the advice, do you know of any instructions on how to replace a stop?
This is new to me
thanks

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the advice, do you know of any instructions on how to replace a stop?
This is new to me
thanks

Coil stops are held by two allen screws. Find the right size allen wrench, and you should be good.

Make sure the coil stop is up tight against the coil before tightening down the screws, otherwise you might still get vibrations.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Coil stops are held by two allen screws. Find the right size allen wrench, and you should be good.
Make sure the coil stop is up tight against the coil before tightening down the screws, otherwise you might still get vibrations.

Do they need to be replaced or retightened ?

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks, I ordered replacement parts and will give this a try!
Mo

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Do they need to be replaced or retightened ?

Sometimes the stops are mushroomed, and that's why they vibrate.

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks, I ordered replacement parts and will give this a try!
Mo

Can you post the link ?

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can you post the link ?

Stern replacement flipper parts are available at Marco.com

#4176 4 years ago

I wuv my TSPP with all my heart. MY PRECIOUS!

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I wuv my TSPP with all my heart. MY PRECIOUS!

Loving mine as well but having minor issue. Ball eject into shooter lane sometimes takes 2 attempts to get the ball into the lane
I've tried increasing coil strength with same result but less often

Checked coil mount and seems real snug

Anyone else experience this?

#4178 4 years ago

I would try cleaning or replacing the coil sleeve.

#4179 4 years ago

I finally found a really nice, minty TSPP to add to my collection! I missed out on two nearly perfect examples the past couple months, and it was really bugging me. I finally turned my wishlist alerts on when a TSPP came up for sale. This time a local one appeared, and I locked it up right away. These appear to be getting more and more valuable and sought after. I overlooked this game for years. I didn’t realize how deep the code was, or how much customizing you can do with it. I can’t wait to get it downstairs and get into it! Such a great theme and unique playfield design! Now, to learn the rules.

4D6A7A74-370F-40DE-97C3-9A5228DA3FA7 (resized).jpeg4D6A7A74-370F-40DE-97C3-9A5228DA3FA7 (resized).jpeg628DEAD8-AC22-410F-8513-EA05265BFDCF (resized).png628DEAD8-AC22-410F-8513-EA05265BFDCF (resized).pngDC0EA794-3EC1-40D6-B77C-A06F10381EED (resized).jpegDC0EA794-3EC1-40D6-B77C-A06F10381EED (resized).jpeg
#4180 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I finally found a really nice, minty TSPP to add to my collection! I missed out on two nearly perfect examples the past couple months, and it was really bugging me. I finally turned my wishlist alerts on when a TSPP came up for sale. This time a local one appeared, and I locked it up right away. These appear to be getting more and more valuable and sought after. I overlooked this game for years. I didn’t realize how deep the code was, or how much customizing you can do with it. I can’t wait to get it downstairs and get into it! Such a great theme and unique playfield design! Now, to learn the rules.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! You will really enjoy it!

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

These appear to be getting more and more valuable and sought after.

I think the value is somewhat tied to the fact that non-routed examples are becoming harder to find (though still not as difficult as some of the rarer titles for sure). Because of how deep the code is, people just seem to hang on to them forever and less come up for sale. As the pristine ones filter into the hands of true simpson lovers or deep code lovers they just get bolted to the floor. Congrats on finding a nice example and welcome to the club!!!

#4182 4 years ago

Afyet almost 2 yrs of ownership I finally managed to beat my own GC score I made on the test game I did at previous owner

Score after 3 balls plus 1 extra ball

0B4F41F1-5545-4EA8-B078-4FB46B7AB069 (resized).jpeg0B4F41F1-5545-4EA8-B078-4FB46B7AB069 (resized).jpeg
#4183 4 years ago

And score after 5 balls plus 1 extra ball. My favorite setting for a pin is 4 plus 1 extra max but with tspp I ha e set it on 5 just to get further in the game.

I had mysteryspot twice and Alien Invasion once. This GC was double of the previous one. This was a game everything came together

2A1849F4-BA5F-4FBC-A5C2-6398A9467689 (resized).jpeg2A1849F4-BA5F-4FBC-A5C2-6398A9467689 (resized).jpeg
#4184 4 years ago

What angle should TSPP be set at?

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

What angle should TSPP be set at?

Easy answer: put the bubble in the level right between the lines.

Other answers: 6.5 degrees; whatever angle you like.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And score after 5 balls plus 1 extra ball. My favorite setting for a pin is 4 plus 1 extra max but with tspp I ha e set it on 5 just to get further in the game.
I had mysteryspot twice and Alien Invasion once. This GC was double of the previous one. This was a game everything came together [quoted image]

Awesome score!

#4187 4 years ago

Hello, fellow TSPP club members. So I just added a very nice, clean TSPP built in 2008. The playfield is very close to mint. My question is, for those of you who have owned one for several years, are there areas that you would recommend placing mylar to protect against wear? I'm hoping TSPP is a keeper, and I have a feeling it is. I want to prevent any wear to vulnerable areas, if there are any that typically sustain damage over time. I don't want to use a playfield protector or too much mylar over everything, but I do like to use a little here and there for hot spots. I have the Cliffy protector around the Itchy and Scratchy scoop, but does the area directly in front of the 3 drop targets get worn over time? How about directly in front of the garage? I appreciate any suggestions people may have. Thanks!

#4188 4 years ago

Owned mine since 2003, haven’t put any protectors on except shooter lane where paint tends to come off. Game still looks like new.

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Owned mine since 2003, haven’t put any protectors on except shooter lane where paint tends to come off. Game still looks like new.

Which shooter lane protector?
A while back i bought a documented HOU simpsons that's pretty much flawless.
Would like to protect things that are likely to get damaged.
Was going to get some cliffy's, but his shooter lane protector didn't look to protect any paint.
I was also worried about the ichy and scratchy hole too, that one will be ok unprotected?
The pin will never get heavy use at my house.
Thanks

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Which shooter lane protector?
A while back i bought a documented HOU simpsons that's pretty much flawless.
Would like to protect things that are likely to get damaged.
Was going to get some cliffy's, but his shooter lane protector didn't look to protect any paint.
I was also worried about the ichy and scratchy hole too, that one will be ok unprotected?
The pin will never get heavy use at my house.
Thanks

The one cliffy sells, mounts under the apron just where the ball kicks out.

#4191 4 years ago

I placed mylar under the ball drops, similar to what Stern does today. A full set of Cliffies doesn't hurt, either.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/TSPP.htm

#4192 4 years ago

Protect those precious plastic garage ramps, people! They ain't exactly easy to replace.

#4193 4 years ago

Just encase it in plastic furniture wrap. Then nothing can go wrong. Simple and...... done.

plastic-furniture-on-couch (resized).jpgplastic-furniture-on-couch (resized).jpg
#4194 4 years ago

I&S saucer can get beat up pretty quick. I also like to put mylar under the metal ramp flaps. They tend to dig into the clear over time.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just encase it in plastic furniture wrap. Then nothing can go wrong. Simple and...... done.[quoted image]

I wanna play it too tho, Mo!

#4196 4 years ago

Also, is that image of the pro model? My game looks different. I have an upper pf.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Also, is that image of the pro model? My game looks different. I have an upper pf.

I don't think Stern used to make different models like they do now. ALL TSPPs have the upper playfield. There's no such thing as a TSPP Pro, Premium, or Limited. They're all the same. It was a simpler time.

#4199 4 years ago

I'd take a Simpsons pinball party vault edition...

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I don't think Stern used to make different models like they do now. ALL TSPPs have the upper playfield. There's no such thing as a TSPP Pro, Premium, or Limited. They're all the same. It was a simpler time.

Yep, I was just kidding with OneAngryMo...he posted a picture of a sofa with plastic on it, and said "encase it in plastic furniture wrap and no worries..." So I wondered if that picture was of the pro model! Just kidding around with Mo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/84?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.