(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,251 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gutterghoul
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5974 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 146.
#4051 4 years ago

#4052 4 years ago

Trying to get it into a 2008 Audi Q7... The opening at the back trunk is just not tall enough...

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

A TSPP will fit in a Rav4 with the head folded down. Which suv are you using?

#4053 4 years ago

That's actually a REALLY good idea.... I think that might do the trick....
I'll give it a shot...
Thanks!

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I wouldn't call it easy nor difficult. There are a ton of wires though, so just make sure you take good pics/label them. How much room do you need to get the machine in with the head on and folded down? A little trick I like to use in a pinch, is to unbolt the head at the bottom when it is folded down, and then slide it down a few inches with the wires still connected in the head. You have to be super careful, but you can make that work if you just need another inch or two.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

That's actually a REALLY good idea.... I think that might do the trick....
I'll give it a shot...
Thanks!

I did this exact same trick in my wife’s Q7 when I bought my LOTR a couple years ago. Used some cardboard to protect the headliner on the sides as I “crammed” it in. But made it just fine.

#4055 4 years ago

A stern is easier as a BW is my op opinion

Just take some good pictures before taking the wires off. The keying should also avoid misplacing connectors as well as the cable harness ‘flow’. But I do always prior to switching it back on compare the work with the pictures and look if the colors of the cables match. Till now always OK.

#4056 4 years ago

Hey guys if I hold down the left flipper there is a lot of buzzing noise, I can't remember if that is normal or not. Do you guys have that too?

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I bought the machine from a route, and it’s overall in really good condition minus some flipper wear. But I started checking the connectors on the power board and saw this repair...they cut out the pcb and made the circuit with breadboard behind the pcb...now I’m scared lol

Wow. That said, a transistor that burns up catastrophically can leave a nice hole in the board. This might be the least bad option that saves the PCB, depending on what's lurking on the back.

#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Trying to get it into a 2008 Audi Q7... The opening at the back trunk is just not tall enough...

I have a 2018 Tiguan, similar car. My TSPP barely fit. we ended up putting the cargo mat on the top of the backbox and it was jammed into the back, flexing the ceiling foam/fabric a tad. No damage though to the car or the machine.

#4059 4 years ago

Hey guys, going to switch my simpsons to leds, anyone have a bulb count?
Wedge?
Bayonet?
Flasher count and bases?

Anywhere I really need colors? I'd prefer not to, but if some places it's better i'm willing to try it.
Doesn't have to be exact, I usually buy the regular bulbs in packs of 25.

Since this machine is pretty much flawless, i'll likely spring for the non ghosting.
And I like to use the optimax bulbs where they can be seen so they aren't blinding.

First time owning a stern (have had lot's of Williams), so feel free to offer any advice is anything is different.

Thanks,
Joe

#4060 4 years ago

My machine have LED's in the GI, and they are flickering terribly. It came with the LEDs, so i dont know the make or quality of them. But i believe i read somwhere that the early Stern machines are very prone to LED flickering in the GI. So that could be something to watch out for. Perhaps others have some experience with GI LEDs?

#4061 4 years ago

Can't speak to the GI, but for inserts you MUST get an LED OCD board. It eliminates ghosting and works even better with regular LEDs.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Hey guys, going to switch my simpsons to leds, anyone have a bulb count?
Wedge?
Bayonet?
Flasher count and bases?

Having just gone through this with my TSPP and my TZ, I would suggest that you lift your playfield up and look at all the sockets and see what type of bulb would go best. ie I liked using the flexible head type in areas where there is say an arrow type insert, or its a bit far from socket(typically bayonet type) . Same thing with the flasher type bulbs some are better flat style, on top side the regular flasher works better. For the wedge type bulbs that fit on mounted PC boards that only point up, I wished I had used the flat type bulb instead of the more typical round style. I went with all white (not colored)bulbs, I believe it was a natural white, a little whiter than the soft. I definitely like the led look, so much brighter. On the top side I went with frosted bulbs, non ghosting. I used the ledocd board on the TZ (must have), but I only have a small noticeable issue on my Simpsons (2006 mfg), but I'll get the board eventually.

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Having just gone through this with my TSPP and my TZ, I would suggest that you lift your playfield up and look at all the sockets and see what type of bulb would go best. ie I liked using the flexible head type in areas where there is say an arrow type insert, or its a bit far from socket(typically bayonet type) . Same thing with the flasher type bulbs some are better flat style, on top side the regular flasher works better. For the wedge type bulbs that fit on mounted PC boards that only point up, I wished I had used the flat type bulb instead of the more typical round style. I went with all white (not colored)bulbs, I believe it was a natural white, a little whiter than the soft. I definitely like the led look, so much brighter. On the top side I went with frosted bulbs, non ghosting. I used the ledocd board on the TZ (must have), but I only have a small noticeable issue on my Simpsons (2006 mfg), but I'll get the board eventually.

Yeah, I opened it up last night and swapped out a couple bulbs.
Not going to be system 11 simple.
These inserts really need colors. Not thrilled about $139 on an ocd board either.
Looks like it will need some of the 90 degree bulbs too.

What does everyone use on the playfield backboard/headboard?
I was thinking of using opti max bulbs there.

#4064 4 years ago

Anyone have some tips to the upper right saucer where the ball shoots up and lands in the pocket but the game does not register. When ball search is conducted it kicks out. I checked the switch test for this (#24 upper right saucer) and it registers. I adjusted the metal tab a bit but still nothing. You think the micro switch is still toast even thought it will register in test mode?

It seemed to get slower and slower to acknowledge the ball the past few weeks.

Thank you

C250A748-1F73-40A2-9C7F-1AC2F6940501 (resized).jpegC250A748-1F73-40A2-9C7F-1AC2F6940501 (resized).jpeg
#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Anyone have some tips to the upper right saucer where the ball shoots up and lands in the pocket but the game does not register. When ball search is conducted it kicks out. I checked the switch test for this (#24 upper right saucer) and it registers. I adjusted the metal tab a bit but still nothing. You think the micro switch is still toast even thought it will register in test mode?
It seemed to get slower and slower to acknowledge the ball the past few weeks.
Thank you
[quoted image]

When you say it doesn’t register, do you hear the game sound of it ejecting, but the coil doesn’t fire it out?

If this is the case, This is a fairly common issue. You have to shorten the coil plunger travel. At the back of the plunger where it meets the rubber stop, affix something to it that is roughly 1/4” thick, like a piece of plywood or plastic. I’ve seen people use a beer bottle cap. Took me many year to address this issue, and including trying other coils, but this is all that worked. Fires perfectly very time.

If this isn’t the case, it’s the switch most likely.

#4066 4 years ago

On it! Report in a few minutes

#4067 4 years ago

Bottle cap spacer not installed.

Rolled the ball into it 20x. 1, 14,15 did not register and went into ball search. All the rest of the attempts it registered.

Bottle cap installed
Rolled the ball into it 20x 0 ball search. Looks like it did need the spacer after all.

Interesting.

Thank you!

58DD4A47-A215-4FFC-B3F3-0791F07FDB11 (resized).jpeg58DD4A47-A215-4FFC-B3F3-0791F07FDB11 (resized).jpeg
#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Bottle cap spacer not installed.
Rolled the ball into it 20x. 1, 14,15 did not register and went into ball search. All the rest of the attempts it registered.
Bottle cap installed
Rolled the ball into it 20x 0 ball search. Looks like it did need the spacer after all.
Interesting.
Thank you![quoted image]

Nice job! I would put plastic or wood there so no shorts ever occur if the bottle cap gets loose.

#4069 4 years ago

Yes for testing purposes only!

#4070 4 years ago

Ordering some bulbs, is Homer's head a 12v or 6v bulb? I did a search but got conflicting answers and apparently the manual says it's a #906 12v.

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Ordering some bulbs, is Homer's head a 12v or 6v bulb? I did a search but got conflicting answers and apparently the manual says it's a #906 12v.

906 12v is correct.... its a standard flasher as used in other parts of the game.

#4072 4 years ago

Who sells the best side blades for tspp?

#4073 4 years ago

Would also like to know, the ones I have are too thin and rip easily.

#4074 4 years ago

PinGraffix has something. Silly Old Elf as well, but they are fragile.

#4075 4 years ago

I highly recommend these protectors if you have side blades. Even the fragile ones will be fine with these things on there.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#4076 4 years ago

What are those things exactly? Are they a permanent fixture or something you put in place when raising / lowering the PF? The description isn't very clear.

#4077 4 years ago

They are basically just pieces of plastic molded to fit over the sides of the cabinet when you need to protect the sides. They just slide in place and pull off when you’re done. I think they come from Pinball Universe in Germany and Pinball Life stocks them. The price is kind of ridiculous, but they do work well.

#4078 4 years ago

Hi there

I just have an issue here. My TSPP is not giving any Mystery award at all. I checked the switch everything is working fine. I just wonder is it a software setting issue or rom corrupted issue?

I can fix this issue by re-setting the machine but is it normal? Does the machine stop giving mystery awards after how many games you have played?

Please help.

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

They are basically just pieces of plastic molded to fit over the sides of the cabinet when you need to protect the sides. They just slide in place and pull off when you’re done. I think they come from Pinball Universe in Germany and Pinball Life stocks them. The price is kind of ridiculous, but they do work well.

Less “moulded” more Pre marked and you then you crease them yourself.

Still a good idea.

#4080 4 years ago

I wonder if a sheet of mylar over the sideblade would do the trick..

#4081 4 years ago

Anyone in the club install a pinsound board in their game? Would love thoughts on the 1 tspp sound package. Is it an exact match of the original sound package?

#4082 4 years ago

I would curious about this as well. This would be a fun game to mod with pinsound.

#4083 4 years ago

I'm (seriously) thinking of joining the TSPP club. I have a WOZ and I guess I'm a fan of Balcer's design, packed playfields, impossible to get wizard modes and tricky rulesheets !

My question is a bit broad but I'll take any advice : Are there any major annoyances or blockers to look for when buying a second hand TSPP ? I'm thinking of things like the 1.0 light boards on WOZ, the garage door on TSPP that I often see not working on some machines without knowing if it happens to often, if it's related to some specific versions or if it's too much of a hassle to fix.

Thanks for the help, I really want to get one.

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm (seriously) thinking of joining the TSPP club. I have a WOZ and I guess I'm a fan of Balcer's design, packed playfields, impossible to get wizard modes and tricky rulesheets !
My question is a bit broad but I'll take any advice : Are there any major annoyances or blockers to look for when buying a second hand TSPP ? I'm thinking of things like the 1.0 light boards on WOZ, the garage door on TSPP that I often see not working on some machines without knowing if it happens to often, if it's related to some specific versions or if it's too much of a hassle to fix.
Thanks for the help, I really want to get one.

TSPP was my first pin, WOZ was my second. No weird lighting issues like with WOZ. IMHO, TSPP is an easy pin to work on. The upper PF comes off really easily. The garage door opens via a coil that just pops it up from beneath the PF (uncomplicated mech). Your basically just looking for wear and broken ramps and plastics. Does it have cliffy's? is the ramp under the PF (behind the garage) broken? Other than that, the usual stuff (hacks on any of the boards? acid damage from leaking batteries, etc)

Good luck! TSPP is an awesome game, very deep ruleset like WOZ.

#4085 4 years ago

Look for a worn out Krusty hole.

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Look for a worn out Krusty hole.

That just sounds so wrong!

#4087 4 years ago

Haha. Made my day.

Agree, it's an easy pin. Check the couch, garage door, plastics, homer head; but even then, that's easy mechanics.

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That just sounds so wrong!

Well the hole is really the itchy and scratchy hole. But that doesn't really sound any better.

#4089 4 years ago

The proper term is blown out I&S hole.

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Well the hole is really the itchy and scratchy hole. But that doesn't really sound any better.

THAT'S what I was trying to think of!!! I was close....give me some credit.

#4091 4 years ago

Thanks for all the advice, I was slightly puzzled with the Krusty hole, but it's all clear now ! I'm headed to Free Gold Watch in SF today, to put a pile of coins in the one they have and figure if I'm in or not. They've also received the new Black Knight, I'm curious to see how it plays.

#4092 4 years ago

The itchy and scratchy hole can definitely get krusty if you don’t look after it. I would prescribe a nice antibiotic novus 1 or 2 cream for it at least once a day for two weeks til it clears up. And by all means, practice safe holing and put that rubber glove on when ever cleaning a new hole. You never know where that hole has been!!

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The itchy and scratchy hole can definitely get krusty if you don’t look after it. I would prescribe a nice antibiotic novus 1 or 2 cream for it at least once a day for two weeks til it clears up. And by all means, practice safe holing and put that rubber glove on when ever cleaning a new hole. You never know where that hole has been!!

I’m close to pulling the trigger on TSPP, normally you can tell how much play the pin has seen through the shooter lane but the one I’m looking at had a bit of wear right where the shooter lane ends and the artwork begins. Is this a sign of high use? Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.

F717E33A-6888-4A03-87AC-183D9B5B0CF9 (resized).jpegF717E33A-6888-4A03-87AC-183D9B5B0CF9 (resized).jpeg
#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m close to pulling the trigger on TSPP, normally you can tell how much play the pin has seen through the shooter lane but the one I’m looking at had a bit of wear right where the shooter lane ends and the artwork begins. Is this a sign of high use? Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.[quoted image]

Doesnt look like high use to me, still a lot of black paint in the shooter lane.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Doesnt look like high use to me, still a lot of black paint in the shooter lane.

All the pictures look nice, just how the end of the shooter lane is missing the black paint looked kind of strange.

#4096 4 years ago

Wear will be evident in the I&S hole, the ramps, the inlane ball drops, and the drain or out hole.

#4097 4 years ago

No one has put a pinsound board in one of these yet?

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m close to pulling the trigger on TSPP, normally you can tell how much play the pin has seen through the shooter lane but the one I’m looking at had a bit of wear right where the shooter lane ends and the artwork begins. Is this a sign of high use? Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.[quoted image]

That's just the silkscreen being slightly off IMHO. mine was the same way. Where I thought mine was worn I noticed the very tip there where the shooter lane ended was still indented. So the screen would not apply ink there.

I had my wife touch it up and then I cleared over it.

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

That's just the silkscreen being slightly off IMHO. mine was the same way. Where I thought mine was worn I noticed the very tip there where the shooter lane ended was still indented. So the screen would not apply ink there.
I had my wife touch it up and then I cleared over it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

#4100 4 years ago

Hi guys. I finally joined the TSPP club after looking for a nice one locally for about 18 months.

The only issue I am having is that the VUK that puts the ball onto the upper left playfield has to take quite a few shots to get it up there. The garage door coil seems to be fine other than a ball getting stuck in there (and fixes are on this thread).

Is there a common issue causing the kicker not getting it up to the playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 12.95
$ 16.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/82?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.