(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,252 posts
  • 706 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_174050 (resized).jpg
IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6024 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5977 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 146.
#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Try pinballrebel.com, pinballboy.com, and pinballcards.com
All of these sites have free to print versions. TSPP is one of the easiest to find custom cards for.

Thanks! very helpful

#3902 5 years ago

Hi there

Please help me! My current issue is, during the game and I am in my last ball, I locked one or two balls at the couch, if I drained. The one or two balls that I locked at the couch won’t release the balls during the game ending scene. In other words, if I stared a new game immediately, my new game already got one or two balls locked. It wasn’t like that before.

Anyway before this ball lock issue occurred, my mystery award was disappeared then I resetted the whole game to factory settings then my mystery award is back but follow with this ball lock issue.

In general, all the switches are fully functional during the test mode and if I closed the coin door during the test mode and put three ball into the ball trough, game will release three balls to the shooting lane but those three balls will just stay at the shooting lane.

My questions are
1. How can I make the game release all the ball from couch? Is it any setting I need to be aware of?

2. Is it normal my game release 3 balls to shooting land during switch testing mode (two other balls will remain in the ball trough)?

Game play normally apart from the couch ball lock when the game is finished.

Best regards
Paul.

#3903 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

1. How can I make the game release all the ball from couch? Is it any setting I need to be aware of?

Feature adjustment 35, set to NEVER

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Hi there
Please help me! My current issue is, during the game and I am in my last ball, I locked one or two balls at the couch, if I drained. The one or two balls that I locked at the couch won’t release the balls during the game ending scene. In other words, if I stared a new game immediately, my new game already got one or two balls locked. It wasn’t like that before.
Anyway before this ball lock issue occurred, my mystery award was disappeared then I resetted the whole game to factory settings then my mystery award is back but follow with this ball lock issue.
In general, all the switches are fully functional during the test mode and if I closed the coin door during the test mode and put three ball into the ball trough, game will release three balls to the shooting lane but those three balls will just stay at the shooting lane.
My questions are
2. Is it normal my game release 3 balls to shooting land during switch testing mode (two other balls will remain in the ball trough)?
Game play normally apart from the couch ball lock when the game is finished.
Best regards
Paul.

There is a setting in the menu to change this behavior. I dont recall what it is specifically, but you can definitely change this.

#3905 5 years ago

Hi Maken and Ralpwiggum

Thank you for your help. My game is back to normal.

#3906 5 years ago

This may sound like a strange question on my tspp but I swear it is true.

My machine is HUO bought in 2005. It has stayed in my basement plugged in for 14 years and gets use about once per month. I was reading tonight about batteries in the back box. Yes, I admit I never knew that... Well, I went downstairs, cut the tie strip and replaced the batteries which I have not touched in 14 years.

I checked the 14+ year old batteries and they still measure almost 1.5 volts, so still good.

What gives, did I get lucky all these years? How could a 14 year old battery still be almost fully charged?

From a novice...

#3907 5 years ago

You are lucky but this is not uncommon. Problem is not that old batteries have no more voltage as that just means loading your settings as Highscore, no big deal. More of a problem is that old batteries can start leaking which is a costly matter.

#3908 5 years ago

off topic. How hardcore of a Simpson's fan are you?
Not my foot, just saw the image and had to share.

toetatclossup (resized).PNGtoetatclossup (resized).PNG
#3909 5 years ago

Been watching since the Tracey Ullman show, still watch it every week when new episodes are out. Took shit for wearing Bart Simpsons shirts to church events when I was too young to understand. Now I'm too old to understand.

I haven't ever doodled Simpsons characters on myself in ballpoint pen though.

#3910 5 years ago

That one looks like it could be permanent

#3911 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

off topic. How hardcore of a Simpson's fan are you?
Not my foot, just saw the image and had to share.[quoted image]

Sadly they won't last long. I know from experience.

#3912 5 years ago

Grew up watching the Simpsons since the first episode. Watched all the next episodes until around 2000 or so. I watched so many of the episodes over and over during the evening lineup of Simpsons and either Seinfeld/Friends every week night. FXX is usually always on in my house if I’m not watching a hockey game

#3913 5 years ago

Can someone point me to how to make VUK recognize the ball is present? Garage VUK not sensing ball. I've searched the forum and have not seen this issue raised so am hoping it's an easy fix. the VUK does not sense the ball is in the saucer, so after 10 seconds (timer still running) the the auto-find sequence starts firing and the ball is kicked up to the LR. I have not taken the upper playfield off yet to inspect, i thought I'd see if anyone has similar issue. thanks

#3914 5 years ago

There is a switch in there, it is likely Needing adjustment or replacement. Can be done from under the play field.

#3915 5 years ago

That switch does go bad. Keep some handy.

#3916 5 years ago

I had a similar problem with the Itchy and Scratchy saucer. I discovered the switch was so wobbly it just wasn't registering, a brand new one fixed it. It might be the same with the garage.

#3917 5 years ago

Replace the switch. I broke mine trying to adjust it, its being held together with tape until i make a parts purchase. Seems to work better now though haha

#3918 5 years ago

These 3D flipper caps really compliment the machine!

IMG_20190119_141218 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_141218 (resized).jpgIMG_5681 (resized).jpgIMG_5681 (resized).jpg
#3919 5 years ago

thanks for the advice, all. time to dive under the LR.....

#3920 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCaps:

These 3D flipper caps really compliment the machine!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look like they'd interfere with @indypinhead's plastic protectors. Replacement plastics are too expensive to be taking that chance IMO.

#3921 5 years ago

Ran into an issue this morning.

Played a few games of TSPP before work, and in the middle of the 3rd game, my right main flipper died completely. I have read up on the issue and its likely caused by:

1) Bad wire connection
2) Blown Fuse
3) Bad Transistor Q15 or Q16 (cant remember which side is which)
4) Bad Coil (which is rare apparently) or maybe a diode

I didnt have time to pull the glass and lift the PF this morning, but i was able to move the flipper manually from the coin door, so im ruling out anything physical.

I guess my only real question really is how can I test a coil to see if its bad? Checking the voltage while power is on?

I've been wanting to rebuild the flippers anyway, they play ok, but the machine was routed when i got it, so I want them to be new. But id rather not spend $100 on coils I don't need.

#3922 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Ran into an issue this morning.
Played a few games of TSPP before work, and in the middle of the 3rd game, my right main flipper died completely. I have read up on the issue and its likely caused by:
1) Bad wire connection
2) Blown Fuse
3) Bad Transistor Q15 or Q16 (cant remember which side is which)
4) Bad Coil (which is rare apparently) or maybe a diode
I didnt have time to pull the glass and lift the PF this morning, but i was able to move the flipper manually from the coin door, so im ruling out anything physical.
I guess my only real question really is how can I test a coil to see if its bad? Checking the voltage while power is on?
I've been wanting to rebuild the flippers anyway, they play ok, but the machine was routed when i got it, so I want them to be new. But id rather not spend $100 on coils I don't need.

The flipper switches are known for being flaky. Try cleaning the switch contact and see if it takes care of it. These are double stacked switches, so even if the upper one is working, the lower one may not be if the contacts on the switch stack are dirty.

#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The flipper switches are known for being flaky. Try cleaning the switch contact and see if it takes care of it. These are double stacked switches, so even if the upper one is working, the lower one may not be if the contacts on the switch stack are dirty.

Yea thats something else I will need to check. I've had a buzzing coming from the upper right flipper as well, so i needed to get into this and fix em up. Ill double check the switch. Thanks for the suggestion!

#3924 5 years ago

Yea thats something else I will need to check. I've had a buzzing coming from the upper right flipper as well, so i needed to get into this and fix em up. Ill double check the switch. Thanks for the suggestion!

The buzzing will most likely be a coil stop. Once they start to get worn, or are improper length, they tend to buzz.

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The buzzing will most likely be a coil stop. Once they start to get worn, or are improper length, they tend to buzz.

Yea i swapped it out with another one i had laying around, and swapped the coil too, but there was no change in the buzz. I wasnt planning on messing with it again until i bought the 5 rebuilds for this machine.

#3926 5 years ago

Yea i swapped it out with another one i had laying around, and swapped the coil too, but there was no change in the buzz. I wasnt planning on messing with it again until i bought the 5 rebuilds for this machine.

The rebuilds add up on this beast with 5 flippers! Have fun, and put on a long album album you like in the background, as you will be doing rebuilds for awhile.... LOL..... Good luck!

#3927 5 years ago

Got lucky with this issue!

68EFB77B-6F29-4FFC-AC4F-78EC7A600AE3 (resized).jpeg68EFB77B-6F29-4FFC-AC4F-78EC7A600AE3 (resized).jpeg
#3928 5 years ago

Here is the buzzing coil. I swapped the coil stop with one in much better condition. Obviously I am going to rebuild eventually, but the buzz is annoying

#3929 5 years ago

I’d spent the past 3 days replacing my rusty ramp flaps.

In the process of doing that I saw there was an extra switch mount point on the right ramp. I tried out moving the entry switch there and it works fine.

I assume this was all common knowledge seeing how long this game had been out but it makes that ramp look so much better IMO!

The moes tavern sign hides it from the players point of view nicely.

Factory (google image)

015B68DD-EFAE-4E64-90B9-DF9728D2D64B (resized).jpeg015B68DD-EFAE-4E64-90B9-DF9728D2D64B (resized).jpeg

Relocated

B57B2AA2-D0E5-4281-AAEA-C726F65ACD25 (resized).jpegB57B2AA2-D0E5-4281-AAEA-C726F65ACD25 (resized).jpegF96DDE20-514A-4F37-A5F0-889DE967D022 (resized).jpegF96DDE20-514A-4F37-A5F0-889DE967D022 (resized).jpeg

#3930 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

In the process of doing that I saw there was an extra switch mount point on the right ramp. I tried out moving the entry switch there and it works fine.
I assume this was all common knowledge seeing how long this game had been out but it makes that ramp look so much better IMO!
Factory (google image)
[quoted image]
Relocated
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its funny you did this, mine was relocated when i got it, but every photo i saw had it in the front position so i moved it back so it would be "correct" lol

#3931 5 years ago

Mine is also not behind the Moe's sign. I will be relocating it! Thanks!

#3932 5 years ago

OK -So I'll be the first to say it - TSPP has 6 flipper coils !

#3933 5 years ago

Yea, 5 flippers and homers head

#3934 5 years ago

Yes - Homers head that uses a complete Flipper assembly . Speaking of flipper rebuilding - looks like you can buy the complete flipper assembly from Pinball life for the same price as a rebuild Kit .

#3935 5 years ago

Its funny you did this, mine was relocated when i got it, but every photo i saw had it in the front position so i moved it back so it would be "correct" lol

Just spent some time going through all the gallery pics looking for other mods/fixes.

I didn’t see any other relocated gates pictures, it’s possible that there is some other mechanical reason it’s there and I haven’t figured that out yet. Maybe a software timing issue as the two gates are now closer together = shorter time between entry and made gates registering?

Otherwise I don’t know why it wouldn’t have been just designed that way. Those huge gate supports are damn ugly though :/

Anyone know of any other free out of the box fixes/changes that should be done?

I’ll be checking titan for a rubber kit and comet for a led one.

Is there an independant and accurate list of rubbers and leds required for Simpsons?

#3936 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Just spent some time going through all the gallery pics looking for other mods/fixes.
I didn’t see any other relocated gates pictures.
Is there an independant and accurate list of rubbers and leds required for Simpsons?

Don't buy an LED kit. Usually costs more than you need to spend.

Go to Comet, and buy some of the 2 SMD bulbs. I went with warm white, and the game looks amazing!

#3937 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I didn’t see any other relocated gates pictures, it’s possible that there is some other mechanical reason it’s there and I haven’t figured that out yet. Maybe a software timing issue as the two gates are now closer together = shorter time between entry and made gates registering?
Otherwise I don’t know why it wouldn’t have been just designed that way. Those huge gate supports are damn ugly though :/

I didnt post the bulb count, but I have the rubber count here-
https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=702

#3938 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I went with warm white, and the game looks amazing!

+1

#3939 5 years ago

My game came with leds, a few are out though. They are cool white. I bought a rubber kit on eBay when I got the game because I needed the game up and running quickly, but the kit didn’t have the correct size post sleeves so I had to contact them and get the slimmer style ones.

My plan is eventually get the titan rings. I put those on my South Park and they are great

#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Go to Comet, and buy some of the 2 SMD bulbs. I went with warm white, and the game looks amazing!

Thanks, I more wanted the kits as a cheeky way to know what list of bulbs to get

#3941 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks, I more wanted the kits as a cheeky way to know what list of bulbs to get

I hear ya.

Best thing to do though is just take a quick look underneath, and get a rough estimate of how many bulbs you need. Then buy the 25 packs at Comet.

I went with these (clear under pf, and frosted for anything above):

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

For flashers, these:

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

I personally liked the look of warm white for this title, so I just did that throughout.

I know some people like to colour match the inserts, but I personally find the true colour comes out better when you use light the insert with a white.

Have fun

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Agree, I'd rather hand pick the bulbs. Comet's are awesome. I went with 2smd cool whites for GI(and white inserts) I just liked how it made the colors pop.

#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Agree, I'd rather hand pick the bulbs. Comet's are awesome. I went with 2smd cool whites for GI(and white inserts) I just liked how it made the colors pop.

I've tried the colour matching way (red to red, blue to blue, etc.) and it just wasn't for me. I got clear under inserts, and frosted for everything else.

#3944 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've tried the colour matching way (red to red, blue to blue, etc.) and it just wasn't for me. I got clear under inserts, and frosted for everything else.

Oh, and a little suggestion. When replacing bulbs on the underside of the mini of, use the flexible ones that you can adjust, as the bulbs are set horizontal rather than vertical.

#3945 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

It does look cleaner.

Quoted from koops:

Great thought about timing. Although I'm not sure if this game is timing aware between the ramp switches, this definitely moves the switch further from the opening of the ramp which would not register a short ramp shot. Does this switch register or award anything within the game or timed modes?

My initial thought is that this placement is more about the gate than the switch and that it serves more for affecting the trajectory of the ball. The gate is skewed, does this alter the ball's return on a short shot? What does the ball do when the gate is not there (on a short shot)?

#3946 5 years ago

Has anyone here installed the mod that disables the upper-playfield flippers when the ball is on the lower playfield? Please post your impressions.

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone here installed the mod that disables the upper-playfield flippers when the ball is on the lower playfield? Please post your impressions.

The PI-SIM? https://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php?lg=en

I have it, and I consider it a mandatory mod if it's compatible with your board set. It quiets the game so much during most play without those upper flippers constantly flipping... works great!

#3948 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Yeah I've got the Pi-SIM also. Despite every switch seemingly working fine, sometimes the flippers on the top playfield don't work despite the ball being up there. I need to do some checking me thinks. At least the lights behind the towers on the backbox art still work.

#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It does look cleaner.

Great thought about timing. Although I'm not sure if this game is timing aware between the ramp switches, this definitely moves the switch further from the opening of the ramp which would not register a short ramp shot. Does this switch register or award anything within the game or timed modes?
My initial thought is that this placement is more about the gate than the switch and that it serves more for affecting the trajectory of the ball. The gate is skewed, does this alter the ball's return on a short shot? What does the ball do when the gate is not there (on a short shot)?

(I’ll prefix this with the fact that I’m a new owner)

Played for 2 hours last night and didn’t notice anything different but I’d think it would take someone else that’s played a ton on a normal Simpsons to know if something tied to timed scoring changes.

Physically, weaker shots that didn’t make the ramp didn’t drain down the middle or anything.

One thing that did change, which could have been a result of the replacement flaps or cleaning of the switch wires, was that the ball was much faster on the right ramp. I had it fly off the ramp a couple of times.

#3950 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

(I’ll prefix this with the fact that I’m a new owner)
Played for 2 hours last night and didn’t notice anything different but I’d think it would take someone else that’s played a ton on a normal Simpsons to know if something tied to timed scoring changes.
Physically, weaker shots that didn’t make the ramp didn’t drain down the middle or anything.
One thing that did change, which could have been a result of the replacement flaps or cleaning of the switch wires, was that the ball was much faster on the right ramp. I had it fly off the ramp a couple of times.

Yes this is helpful. I would be mostly concerned about SDTM ball loses, but if you aren't seeing these that's great so far.

Regarding the timing of a ramp shot, check out the article on TWIP regarding a friend's home made pin; The Nightmare Before Christmas

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-5th-2019/

Scroll down and read the Half Ramp Multiball rules/integration by @MarkInc

His Pinside thread is available here as well:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas

Very fun and crammed with imaginative rules and has great flow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
There are 7,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/79?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.