(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.
#3851 5 years ago

Going to be starting a shop out and plastic replacement within a week or two. For that reason all my old plastics will be going if anyone is looking for something specific let me know. They aren’t in amazing shape but better than broken or missing.

#3852 5 years ago

Ill have to try the washers then. Mine is jumping off at the same spot, im level with the stock bubble, using an adjustable, its between 6-7 degrees so i think its right where it needs to be. Game plays great other than the occasional drain caused from the monorail fall.

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Going to be starting a shop out and plastic replacement within a week or two. For that reason all my old plastics will be going if anyone is looking for something specific let me know. They aren’t in amazing shape but better than broken or missing.

Hi there

Its probably too expensive to ship to Denmark, but i actually need the green modes plastic from the back of the machine plus the right slingshot plastic. Would you happen to have them?

Best regards

Michael

#3854 5 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi there
Its probably too expensive to ship to Denmark, but i actually need the green modes plastic from the back of the machine plus the right slingshot plastic. Would you happen to have them?
Best regards
Michael

I could get a quote for you.. should have those plastics. I’ll snap a couple of photos tonight. I’ll send you a PM

1 week later
#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

If someone is looking for new, or one you don't have, where did you get your replacements?

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

If someone is looking for new, or one you don't have, where did you get your replacements?

I got mine from another owner so I couldn’t tell you. The only one I know is is the Russian repros on eBay. I can’t speak to the product.

#3857 5 years ago

Does anyone have a bulb color list for TSPP? Looking to get LED's for the game and would rather part myself instead of buying a kit. Thanks

#3858 5 years ago
Quoted from fabes23:

Does anyone have a bulb color list for TSPP? Looking to get LED's for the game and would rather part myself instead of buying a kit. Thanks

I did it recently - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4EshUxfEYcuX8q3J6Lj2Hi3NUchQOU9PgqBnkGnxb0/edit?usp=sharing

#3859 5 years ago

Starting my mini shop out. I have a couple spare clear plastics and apparently multiples new of 16 and 18. Also if you need any old plastics lemme know. 24 and 12 are spoken for. Pm me if interested.

Took some photos of the clear plastics under the mini Playfield. I have new replacements that I’m not sure I’ll use. Just added pics for fun. Will be installing decals and some kid robot toys too.
26C7454F-A233-478E-8FFF-A5832E5518EF (resized).jpeg26C7454F-A233-478E-8FFF-A5832E5518EF (resized).jpeg45857537-B904-4ECB-9E8A-EFE38F398B00 (resized).jpeg45857537-B904-4ECB-9E8A-EFE38F398B00 (resized).jpegA4257B7A-7717-44C5-B33F-C97080DE061A (resized).jpegA4257B7A-7717-44C5-B33F-C97080DE061A (resized).jpeg

#3860 5 years ago

It is going to look sweet! Looking forward to seeing the final result.

#3861 5 years ago

The decals are great! Have them on mine. Sillyoldelf has a solid product.

#3862 5 years ago

Had a little issue with the right one and cutting. My wife helped put on the decals and I think they turned out great. Plastics going in now. Toys on soon.

9140682B-C0E7-4B1B-8B0D-A8C4559A00A6 (resized).jpeg9140682B-C0E7-4B1B-8B0D-A8C4559A00A6 (resized).jpegFB6445D1-EDDF-4759-BAAA-8E2DDE59C0F3 (resized).jpegFB6445D1-EDDF-4759-BAAA-8E2DDE59C0F3 (resized).jpeg
#3863 5 years ago

Looks great. The install is what's holding me back. Looks tough with playfield in place.

Quoted from Boat:

Had a little issue with the right one and cutting. My wife helped put on the decals and I think they turned out great. Plastics going in now. Toys on soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3864 5 years ago

Had a prob again last night that has shown up a couple times before. A buddy was having a great ball when he locked what I think was the second ball in the couch. The machine then ended the ball and awarded the bonuses. I'm not sure if there was a mode running or not but this isn't the first time it's happened. Any thoughts?

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

Had a prob again last night that has shown up a couple times before. A buddy was having a great ball when he locked what I think was the second ball in the couch. The machine then ended the ball and awarded the bonuses. I'm not sure if there was a mode running or not but this isn't the first time it's happened. Any thoughts?

Game is losing track of the balls. Likely trough opto boards are failing.

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested to know how you will deal with the speaker panel decal. I have mine waiting for installation. But I don't know how to do with the notch in the middle of the board.
Either to fill the notch with wood glue, or stick the decal over the hole.

#3867 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

I'm interested to know how you will deal with the speaker panel decal. I have mine waiting for installation. But I don't know how to do with the notch in the middle of the board.

The speaker panel is the trickiest. Mine stretched a bit while I was applying it so it would no longer fit squarely over the holes. I remedied by cutting it in half left and right and the small overlap is not noticeable at all. It sticks into the notch just fine and stays there. Looks great.

#3868 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

The notch in the center top? Just cut it out with an X-acto knife after.

20181231_063656 (resized).jpg20181231_063656 (resized).jpg
#3869 5 years ago

Yes, this notch.
Cut is a solution.
But I would prefer not to cut the decal, and maximize the surface with the picture.

#3870 5 years ago

I will post a Pic of mine soon. One solution that just occurred to me is to cut small vertical slits at the edge of the notch and press the decal in.

#3871 5 years ago

Done for now. Added some kid robot figures, I know they aren’t for everyone but I think they are cool and the originals that match the game are hard to find.

Already damaged the art on the left side a bit. Totally my fault, just was careless when I lifted the Playfield.

As mentioned for the speaker/Dmd decal we would just place it and cut out the sticker, will post pics in a few days

Also I have a few new plastics (16,18) and some clear ones if anyone is looking. Also have the used ones that I’m not looking to keep. Let me know if you need any.

01CBE0BF-24F0-45DC-8E79-3B396BF9E6F8 (resized).jpeg01CBE0BF-24F0-45DC-8E79-3B396BF9E6F8 (resized).jpeg

198E8CD7-0646-4BB1-B532-42D416FC9770 (resized).jpeg198E8CD7-0646-4BB1-B532-42D416FC9770 (resized).jpegEE4950BB-593D-43AA-921F-E5D365B42F8E (resized).jpegEE4950BB-593D-43AA-921F-E5D365B42F8E (resized).jpeg
#3872 5 years ago

My speaker panel.

IMG_20181231_163508.jpgIMG_20181231_163508.jpg
#3873 5 years ago

I just made two slits with a razor blade and folded them down. Looks fine imo

2D837D18-142B-4C98-B74C-24B2849CEE2E (resized).jpeg2D837D18-142B-4C98-B74C-24B2849CEE2E (resized).jpeg95813BC1-3B7A-4C6A-9EAE-95747EF75E4C (resized).jpeg95813BC1-3B7A-4C6A-9EAE-95747EF75E4C (resized).jpegDAD36A1D-5159-45DB-9D49-6FD510F3EA1A (resized).jpegDAD36A1D-5159-45DB-9D49-6FD510F3EA1A (resized).jpeg
#3874 5 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial video that walks through basic gameplay? The PAPA video seems to be built around the hurry ups only after hitting the comic book guy.

#3875 5 years ago

Thanks for your speaker panel pictures.
Your solutions are fine.

#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

Looks tough with playfield in place.

It really is and I wish I'd been patient and taken my playfield out.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

One solution that just occurred to me is to cut small vertical slits at the edge of the notch and press the decal in.

That's what I did too and it has worked fine.

Quoted from Boat:

Already damaged the art on the left side a bit. Totally my fault, just was careless when I lifted the Playfield.

Same here. Next time I pull my playfield, I'll remove the sillyoldelf decal and put the ones from Tilt Graphics on instead. They are made out of a much tougher material.

#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Same here. Next time I pull my playfield, I'll remove the sillyoldelf decal and put the ones from Tilt Graphics on instead. They are made out of a much tougher material.

^ This right here. The silly elf one has a great design but the material it's made on isn't as good as Tilts/pingraffix

#3878 5 years ago

YAS! You are a savior! Thank you. Which brands did you go with?

#3879 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial video that walks through basic gameplay? The PAPA video seems to be built around the hurry ups only after hitting the comic book guy.

I don't think so. Bowen wrote the rule sheet and did the video. He covers most of it. He does light the hurry ups a lot in the video, though.

Krusty spinner lites TV -> TV starts mode (resets timer) -> all modes -> Alien Invasion
Lite Otto -> saucer loop -> lights a shot for 2x scoring (resets timer) -> Mystery Spot (reverse flippers)
CBG lites Hurry Up -> collect 'em all -> Secret Stash
Bullies lite Daredevil Bart on captive ball -> Captive Ball starts Daredevil as lit -> Daredevil Mania
Left orbit spots pretzel kid -> Collect 26 for Pretzel Multiball
Upstairs LITE and LOCK lite lock -> Couch locks ball -> Multiball, shoot couch for Super
Garage door spells SIMPSONS -> D'oh Frenzy (resets timer)
Right side I&S drops lite I&S multiball -> right side saucer starts it
Upstairs target lites mystery -> Garage collects
5, 15, 25 MOE'S ramps -> lite Treehouse of Horror on left ramp

TV, Otto, couch locks all start out lit, and I&S starts out easy (2 shots to saucer will start it).

The trick in this game is the stack: all modes reset the timer, so what Bowen is trying to do in the PAPA tutorial is to get everything running all at once. Get a couple modes running, plus a multiball, and the mode may complete itself.

For the big wizard mode, you need to do (IIRC) the first 6 things above. I've never gotten close.

#3880 5 years ago

Would anyone have use for these? I have to many. If so PM me.

Screenshot_20181229-131238 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181229-131238 (resized).jpg
#3881 5 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

I don't think so. Bowen wrote the rule sheet and did the video. He covers most of it. He does light the hurry ups a lot in the video, though.
Krusty spinner lites TV -> TV starts mode (resets timer) -> all modes -> Alien Invasion
Lite Otto -> saucer loop -> lights a shot for 2x scoring (resets timer) -> Mystery Spot (reverse flippers)
Bullies lite Daredevil Bart on captive ball -> Captive Ball starts Daredevil as lit -> Daredevil Mania
Upstairs LITE and LOCK lite lock -> Couch locks ball -> Multiball, shoot couch for Super
TV, Otto, couch locks all start out lit, and I&S starts out easy (2 shots to saucer will start it).
The trick in this game is the stack: all modes reset the timer, so what Bowen is trying to do in the PAPA tutorial is to get everything running all at once. Get a couple modes running, plus a multiball, and the mode may complete itself.
For the big wizard mode, you need to do (IIRC) the first 6 things above. I've never gotten close.

I think this isagreat game, I just wish the wizard mode was in reach like LOTR.

Definitely not easy to reach Valinor, but in time, it's possible.

For TSPP, I honestly don't think 99.9% of us will ever finish it. Thesupwe jackpots alone are ridiculous.

Had the code been changed to give more of a chance to reach SDMEWM, I'd put this in the top 10.

#3882 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think this isagreat game, I just wish the wizard mode was in reach like LOTR.
Definitely not easy to reach Valinor, but in time, it's possible.
For TSPP, I honestly don't think 99.9% of us will ever finish it. Thesupwe jackpots alone are ridiculous.
Had the code been changed to give more of a chance to reach SDMEWM, I'd put this in the top 10.

It's not that much harder. LOTR requires a perfectly timed DTR to reach Valinor, TSPP does not care about timing.

5 supers isn't that ridiculous, play a couple of multiballs and you should be near 5.

Plenty of other modes to play and things to shoot for too, optional depth is not a reason to slag a machine.

#3883 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's not that much harder. LOTR requires a perfectly timed DTR to reach Valinor, TSPP does not care about timing.
5 supers isn't that ridiculous, play a couple of multiballs and you should be near 5.
Plenty of other modes to play and things to shoot for too, optional depth is not a reason to slag a machine.

I usually don't agree with Penguins fans

#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I dunno... Having to complete all 6 modes, plus collecting the super jackpots makes this a near impossible task.

I would say Alien Invasion is tougher than ROTK, and in LOTR, if you get that, and you're having a good game, you can get close.

#3885 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I dunno... Having to complete all 6 modes, plus collecting the super jackpots makes this a near impossible task.
I would say Alien Invasion is tougher than ROTK, and in LOTR, if you get that, and you're having a good game, you can get close.

I think LOTR is easier. Part of that is just layout. TSPP is a tougher layout. Also there's a second playfield going on so you need to concentrate on that too.

While LOTR has some clunkiness, I still think it has some of the cooler layouts in pinball. When you're hitting the Legolas to Boromir shots over and over, it's fun as hell.

#3886 5 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Super helpful, THANK YOU!!!

#3887 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I usually don't agree with Penguins fans

As long as you're not a Caps fan then we can all be friends

#3888 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

As long as you're not a Caps fan then we can all be friends

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Back to TSPP

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Alien invasion is definitely, by far, the hardest part to complete.

#3890 5 years ago

For me, it's getting the 5 or 6 super jackpots in couch multiball. I've completed Alien Invasion 3 or 4 times over the years, but don't recall ever getting all the super jackpots. Grrrr.

#3891 5 years ago

I’ve owned this game since 2003, never beaten AI, farthest I got was locking 4 balls. Completing the modes is key as it adds time to AI. My high score on the game is around 240 mil.

#3892 5 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but all of a sudden, my TSPP is randomly turning off and on, or resetting. Not sure what to look at. The scoreboard keeps going out, but all of the lights on the playfield stay on.

Video of the issue:

Where do I start to try to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

#3893 5 years ago
Quoted from fabes23:

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but all of a sudden, my TSPP is randomly turning off and on, or resetting. Not sure what to look at. The scoreboard keeps going out, but all of the lights on the playfield stay on.
Video of the issue:
Thanks in advance!

Add any new mods recently?

#3894 5 years ago
Quoted from fabes23:

Video of the issue:
Thanks in advance!

You can try re-seating your j16 connector on the driver board. Your 5v is probably low. Re-seating will clean the contacts.

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Add any new mods recently?

Just the Duff Beer can over the light on the right and some figurines. I have opened the glass up quite a few times lately because one of my figures kept falling down.

#3896 5 years ago

I reseated J16 on the driver board and so far, that seemed to do the trick. I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for the help!

2 weeks later
#3897 5 years ago

Anyone have any good TSPP apron card graphics to share? Looking to replace the stock ones that have been sitting in there forever.

#3898 5 years ago

Is it likely TSPP would ever be released again as a vault edition?

#3899 5 years ago
Quoted from meatwad:

Is it likely TSPP would ever be released again as a vault edition?

I doubt it, they made a ton of them and they are fairly easy to find at a decent price.

#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Anyone have any good TSPP apron card graphics to share? Looking to replace the stock ones that have been sitting in there forever.

Try pinballrebel.com, pinballboy.com, and pinballcards.com

All of these sites have free to print versions. TSPP is one of the easiest to find custom cards for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/78?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.