(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.
#3801 5 years ago

Finally found a TSPP!
Can someone tell me what two posts are missing here?
Maybe take a picture of your machine.
Many thanks.

IMG_20181130_164908_HHT (resized).jpgIMG_20181130_164908_HHT (resized).jpg
#3802 5 years ago

Am I also missing a post here?

IMG_20181130_164924_HHT (resized).jpgIMG_20181130_164924_HHT (resized).jpg
#3803 5 years ago

Congrats on the game! Looks like you are missing a couple of posts and brackets. Should be easy enough to replace.

181541D0-7DF1-4DC7-A56B-9A6E18E5FC61 (resized).jpeg181541D0-7DF1-4DC7-A56B-9A6E18E5FC61 (resized).jpeg1DCECD88-3661-472A-98D9-435413E28E98 (resized).jpeg1DCECD88-3661-472A-98D9-435413E28E98 (resized).jpeg874129D3-B419-4356-B286-F98295C0D72D (resized).jpeg874129D3-B419-4356-B286-F98295C0D72D (resized).jpeg

#3804 5 years ago

You are missing the 1-way wire gates at the bumpers and the shooter lane. and a few posts

#3805 5 years ago

Ahhh I see. Thank you so much.

Any idea where to get this ramp from?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7270-00

I have searched the web but it seems out of stock everywhere.

#3806 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Congrats on the game! Looks like you are missing a couple of posts and brackets. Should be easy enough to replace.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are these the standard one groove posts I'm missing or are they star posts?
On the photos it looks like the post is wider at the base? Maybe it's just the lighting making it look wider at the base.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Ahhh I see. Thank you so much.
Any idea where to get this ramp from?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7270-00
I have searched the web but it seems out of stock everywhere.

There is one on ebay here in the states, but its $315!!!

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Are these the standard one groove posts I'm missing or are they star posts?
On the photos it looks like the post is wider at the base? Maybe it's just the lighting making it look wider at the base.[quoted image]

Here are a couple more pics. Sorry, but i didn’t take the glass off and explore further... but it almost looks like the post you pictured above with another larger diameter post slid over the bottom.

06CD316B-B9ED-46AB-B79B-3C3FE12A8A81.jpeg06CD316B-B9ED-46AB-B79B-3C3FE12A8A81.jpeg8235C4FE-78CE-43D7-B137-8AEC18A8F0E7.jpeg8235C4FE-78CE-43D7-B137-8AEC18A8F0E7.jpeg
#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Here are a couple more pics. Sorry, but i didn’t take the glass off and explore further... but it almost looks like the post you pictured above with another larger diameter post slid over the bottom. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much.
Strange the manual does not show that sort of post. I am sure you are right someone has slipped an additional rubber sleeve over that lower end of the post. Kind of a mod to protect the post probably.

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thank you very much.
Strange the manual does not show that sort of post. I am sure you are right someone has slipped an additional rubber sleeve over that lower end of the post. Kind of a mod to protect the post probably.

Thats how data east and early stern posts are. They are a standard post with two different rubbers on them.

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thank you very much.

If you search IPDB for TSPP and download a manual, every single part is listed.

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If you search IPDB for TSPP and download a manual, every single part is listed.

I did but I could not see this post configuration?

#3813 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I did but I could not see this post configuration?

The post has a thick sleeve at the bottom and a ring on the top. They will come in replacement rubber kits.

#3814 5 years ago

Any recommendations on who to buy a 5.0 eprom/sound/display romset from? I throught John Wart Jr, but it seems he's not an option anymore...

If I'm upgrading from 4.0, do I only need Display and CPU? Or also sound? Thanks!

#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Any recommendations on who to buy a 5.0 eprom/sound/display romset from? I throught John Wart Jr, but it seems he's not an option anymore...
If I'm upgrading from 4.0, do I only need Display and CPU? Or also sound? Thanks!

Let me check when I get home. I may have an unused one still that I bought for my machine but didn't end up needing.

#3816 5 years ago

Wanted to give a shout out to Sparky - I have several of his mods on my TSPP and recently picked up his TV mod (which is great btw) second hand and needed a couple small pieces to help mount it (which I think I misplaced). Sparky mailed out the extra pieces (no charge) despite the fact that I purchased the mod from another member. Great service.

#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

Wanted to give a shout out to sparky - I have several of his mods on my TSPP and recently picked up his TV mod (which is great btw) second hand and needed a couple small pieces to help mount it (which I think I misplaced). Sparky mailed out the extra pieces (no charge) despite the fact that I purchased the mod from another member. Great service.

How’s the machine treating you? Sparky is a great guy. I purchased the treehouse mod from another Pinsider and I ran into issues with it rubbing against CBGs arm and he offered to refund the purchase.

By the way, the purple plastic rod that was in the box of spare parts attached to the lamp flasher cover. It broke off shortly after installing it and I thought it looked better that way. @sparky, possibly consider producing the lamp mod without the rod attachment. I spoke to someone on Reddit who ran into the same problem and liked it better too.

#3818 5 years ago

Considering picking one of these up, but haven't played but maybe a game or two on one. Are games times on this pretty long? My friend said he sold his because he tired of the long ball times.

#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Considering picking one of these up, but haven't played but maybe a game or two on one. Are games times on this pretty long? My friend said he sold his because he tired of the long ball times.

They can be, yes.

#3820 5 years ago

You can adjust the difficulty levels.

#3821 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I just updated from 2.0 to 5.0 all you need is the Display and CPU ROM. I bought mine from Matt's Basement here on Pinside. $20 + shipping total.

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I just updated from 2.0 to 5.0 all you need is the Display and CPU ROM. I bought mine from Matt's Basement here on Pinside. $20 + shipping total.

Thank you!

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

sparky, possibly consider producing the lamp mod without the rod attachment. I spoke to someone on Reddit who ran into the same problem and liked it better too.

I'm always happy to help with any of my mods that might not fit or work correctly. The lamp stand is three pieces that snap together. If anyone likes it without the other pieces, the pieces can be taken apart. None of them are glued.

#3824 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm always happy to help with any of my mods that might not fit or work correctly. The lamp stand is three pieces that snap together. If anyone likes it without the other pieces, the pieces can be taken apart. None of them are glued.

TIL! Thanks for sharing that. I thought previously that it was all glued together.

#3825 5 years ago

Got a very pristine HUO tspp today, bought from the first owner via their tech, goody bag and manual still stapled to the inside of the cab. No wear anywhere.

3DC5F9C9-E66F-411C-A29E-386FBE6DAB12 (resized).jpeg3DC5F9C9-E66F-411C-A29E-386FBE6DAB12 (resized).jpeg
7652CBAE-9C43-46AE-BA92-0B85E5AD1005 (resized).jpeg7652CBAE-9C43-46AE-BA92-0B85E5AD1005 (resized).jpeg
7DA693CF-C193-4214-A57D-1227AA15ED76 (resized).jpeg7DA693CF-C193-4214-A57D-1227AA15ED76 (resized).jpeg
C30A3278-F409-4E4E-A6E0-ECA236EBB8EA (resized).jpegC30A3278-F409-4E4E-A6E0-ECA236EBB8EA (resized).jpeg
B1771588-0FEC-41B7-8158-2E93CF43361F (resized).jpegB1771588-0FEC-41B7-8158-2E93CF43361F (resized).jpeg

Looked like it had been in storage for some time as it came with a few spiders inside A quick clean and its fairly perfect. Power plant decals are peeling off but that will be easily fixed.

I didn't see a key post about anything you should add to the machine to protect it. ie. common wear areas etc.

I assume I should add cliffys, mylar to the drops, mylar to the slings. Anything else?

Is there a way to stop the ball jumping the right out lane rail?

#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Got a very pristine HUO tspp today, bought from the first owner via their tech, goody bag and manual still stapled to the inside of the cab. No wear anywhere.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Looked like it had been in storage for some time as it came with a few spiders inside A quick clean and its fairly perfect. Power plant decals are peeling off but that will be easily fixed.
I didn't see a key post about anything you should add to the machine to protect it. ie. common wear areas etc.
I assume I should add cliffys, mylar to the drops, mylar to the slings. Anything else?
Is there a way to stop the ball jumping the right out lane rail?

I would put a protector on the shooter lane as the paint tends to wear off. I’ve owned my game since 2003 and it’s the only protector I have on the game.

#3827 5 years ago

Mylar in the shooter lane and a cliffy for the Itchy and Scratchy hole is pretty much all that’s needed

#3828 5 years ago

Great score on that mint TSPP. I recommend the full cliffy set, especially the garage ramp. I put some mylar on the ball drops as well.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Great score on that mint TSPP. I recommend the full cliffy set, especially the garage ramp. I put some mylar on the ball drops as well.

Agreed!! I bought everything available for the game as far as Cliffy's. I too added mylar to the drops but I did one better and also added the Switch slot protectors. You can never have to much protection!! LoL

#3830 5 years ago

My ball has never jumped out of the lane rail. Maybe make sure it’s levelled?

#3831 5 years ago

My ball constantly jumps out of the monorail. Ive tried adjusting it, the screw, the machine is level, but sometimes it still flies out and goes right down the right outlane. i just live with it now

#3832 5 years ago

My ball constantly jumps out of the monorail. Ive tried adjusting it, the screw, the machine is level, but sometimes it still flies out and goes right down the right outlane. i just live with it now

Bend the wireform just a little where it falls out.

#3833 5 years ago

There is something misaligned. It should never do that.

#3834 5 years ago

Mine does it sometimes too, tried everything.

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Bend the wireform just a little where it falls out.

Yea ive tried. I just cant figure it out. I read all the troubleshooting stuff I could find on here. I thought i had it figured out, then it jumped out again. lol.

#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Mine does it sometimes too, tried everything.

Same here, no ball has ever fallen from my monorail. What is the level setting on your playfield? Mine is set to factory default using the built-in level.

#3837 5 years ago

I have had 6 TSPP's and 3 of them did this. They would fall off where the straight monorail rail met the wireform. I added a couple of washers here(and that took care of all of them)-

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3838 5 years ago

Mine would shoot off occasionally, but only when i had the playfield angle up past 7deg to make it difficult and fast. I lowered it a bit, but i might try the washer trick and raise it back up.

#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Mine would shoot off occasionally, but only when i had the playfield angle up past 7deg to make it difficult and fast. I lowered it a bit, but i might try the washer trick and raise it back up.

I pitch mine around 8-9... never had one jump with the washers.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I pitch mine around 8-9...

#3841 5 years ago

Mine’s pretty steep as well. The best is when it flies into the shooter lane and you can put it back into play. Guess I need more washers or a 3d printed guardrail.

#3842 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

#3843 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

#3844 5 years ago

All my games are pitched super steep. Always have been. I really enjoy a faster paced game
My Sinbad is pitched steep, cleared, and has a powerball in it....lol

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Mine’s pretty steep as well. The best is when it flies into the shooter lane and you can put it back into play. Guess I need more washers or a 3d printed guardrail.

That is really steep and would probably cause balls to come off the rail. I don't know how you guys do it? I guess I'm old with slow reflexes because the default slope is more than fast enough for me lol

#3846 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

All my games are pitched super steep. Always have been. I really enjoy a faster paced game
My Sinbad is pitched steep, cleared, and has a powerball in it....lol

Are you using 2x4’s or other supports under the back legs like some of the Papa games?

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Are you using 2x4’s or other supports under the back legs like some of the Papa games?

4.5" levelers in the back, all the way in, in the front.

#3848 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

4.5" levelers in the back, all the way in, in the front.

I thought maybe you went with NO front legs.

#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Bro is measuring from the glass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/77?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.