(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 146.
#3701 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My game is running the latest (guessing that is 5.00) and the setting is OFF.
I've changed it to 5 seconds so that I can actually enjoy the game a little.
LOTR is the same, but I've opted not to change it, and I've been very close to Valinor a couple of times.
But with TSPP, and I don't know if it's just my machine, but the drains can be brutal! Like right off the launch, off a standup, and SDTM!

If You’ve been to AI a dozen times within the first month you’ve had the game, I’d think your game is set up way too easy. I’ve had the game since 2003 and only been to AI maybe 25 times (never got past 4 ball locks) and seen pretzel once or twice and I’m a decent player with a high score of a little over 200 mil. I’d consider opening your outlanes, changing any extra ball settings to difficult, changing modes to not be lit after each ball, etc. tspp is not an easy game to get through. Also, completing the modes is very important both for victory laps and for adding time to AI.

#3702 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If You’ve been to AI a dozen times within the first month you’ve had the game, I’d think your game is set up way too easy. I’ve had the game since 2003 and only been to AI maybe 25 times (never got past 4 ball locks) and seen pretzel once or twice and I’m a decent player with a high score of a little over 200 mil. I’d consider opening your outlanes, changing any extra ball settings to difficult, changing modes to not be lit after each ball, etc. tspp is not an easy game to get through. Also, completing the modes is very important both for victory laps and for adding time to AI.

Everything is on factory default, all outline posts are set to factory, and level is at 6.5, as I have with all of my pins. I prefer it this way, and think that it gives the right amount of challenge. In all honesty, I don't know what I'd rate myself on skill. I use the leaderboard here on Inside to get an idea of where I stand, and generally, it's in the top 10-30. Not that it tells you all that much, as there are players with huge scores that just never bother to record them.

I don't think my TSPP is set up easy at all. If anything, I sometimes find it even more defeating than my TWD, and that game is an asshole haha!

My personal reason for leaving the game at all factory settings, is that if I finish it, I want to do it as the game was set out of the box.

Not that it's any less rewarding to finish a game that has been changed. I originally had outlines closed on my MMR, and reward set to extra ball, and when I finished Battle for the Kingdom for the first time, I seriously ran around my basement doing victory laps like a total geek.

Finishing AFMR with everything at default was tough, but felt great when I finally hit it. Been one letter away form Showdown on Dialed In, and I had one shot to make to start Blood Bath that would have given me the last few walker kills I needed for Last Man Standing. It might take me a while to actually finish these games (if even I ever do) but for me, and me only, I like them at factory.

I've since moved the outline posts on MMR back down to easy for my wife and friends, since that is the game they play most, and at the end of the day, pinball should be fun

#3703 5 years ago

I'm new to the game, and I put mine on factory default settings with the exception of the ball save. I do have an 8 second ball save on. It's just more enjoyable for kids, and friends who are new to pinball. Want to turn someone new away from pinball? Let them have a few drains right down the middle without even hitting the ball... lol.

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Want to turn someone new away from pinball? Let them have a few drains right down the middle without even hitting the ball... lol.

Exactly!

#3705 5 years ago

I’m having an issue where the game isn’t registering the CBG skill shot, garage or moe’s ramp (maybe others?)
I assume they may be on the same row of switches? If so, what should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m having an issue where the game isn’t registering the CBG skill shot, garage or moe’s ramp (maybe others?)
I assume they may be on the same row of switches? If so, what should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance

A broken common wire to start. Switch matrix will tell you what color wire to look for.

#3707 5 years ago

I'm considering upgrading sound with new pinball pro speakers/sub & maybe pinsound but wondering from anyone who has done this, if there's much of an improvement considering the lo-fi quality of the sound on this game? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

#3708 5 years ago

The sound roms are of low fidelity and better speakers will not improve the quality of the overall sound that much. I myself have never heard a TSPP with upgraded speakers, but this what I have gathered on the forum.

#3709 5 years ago

Pinsound plus better speakers, as you mentioned, is the way to go.

#3710 5 years ago

The resistor / potentiometer mod greatly reduces the hum and makes it much nicer. A must do IMO

#3711 5 years ago

Looking for a set of sling shot plastics for TSPP.
Please PM me if you can help

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm considering upgrading sound with new pinball pro speakers/sub & maybe pinsound but wondering from anyone who has done this, if there's much of an improvement considering the lo-fi quality of the sound on this game? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Put Pinball Pro speakers in my LOTR and sounded like shit. Way too much bass, even when turned down.

Those speakers would work better on a game like Iron Man.

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The resistor / potentiometer mod greatly reduces the hum and makes it much nicer. A must do IMO

Agreed... this fix was a game saver for me, my speaker hum was so bad until I installed this.

#3714 5 years ago

Pinsound also cures the hum and gives you sweet sound

#3715 5 years ago

External sub improves the sound a lot.

#3716 5 years ago

There is a rounded wire that goes around the back of Homer's head. Can anyone take a photo to show me where each end of it should be attached. Mine seems to have come loose.

#3717 5 years ago

+1 on sound mod, cheap, easy to install and HUGE improvement. Also, external powered sub, cheap, easy and HUGE improvement (and you can connect 2 pins to 1 sub)

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

+1 on sound mod, cheap, easy to install and HUGE improvement. Also, external powered sub, cheap, easy and HUGE improvement (and you can connect 2 pins to 1 sub)

How do you connect 2 games to 1 sub?

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

If the sub has multiple inputs, use the speaker wire inputs for one game, and the RCA plugs for another.

#3720 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I have connected on pin to the left speaker input and the other one to the right speaker input. Pinballs are mono anyway so you can use a stereo sub for two pins

#3721 5 years ago

Did try upgraded speakers in my tspp but took them out again as difference was very small. Not worth the money or effort.

#3722 5 years ago

PINSOUND guys.....PINSOUND

#3723 5 years ago

Just speaker wire. Couldn't believe it myself and called a local tech first. Powered subs can accept speaker inputs and the left and right sides

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

PINSOUND guys.....PINSOUND

Have quite some experience with pinsound and like it a lot and allthough it does do improve iT Some for the real improvement an upgraded soundset is required. The quality of the standard sound samples is just bad

#3725 5 years ago

Pinsound is like $400

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3726 5 years ago

Can someone with a "pink car" playfield share a photo of their game with the glass off.

Just want to see how it compares to the orange.

#3727 5 years ago

Did you scroll through the topic gallery?

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Did you scroll through the topic gallery?

Cool didn't realize that was there.

So it seems that pfs with the pink car had generally lighter and almost lower quality artwork overall.

For instance, even the black outlines around characters are much fainter and almost blurry compared to the orange car versions.

Anyone else notice this?

#3729 5 years ago

My balls keep getting stuck in the garage! I've removed the upper playfield and tried to tighten up all the wires underneath it several times. Nothing seems to help. Waaaaaaah!!!!!

#3730 5 years ago

Stuck where in the garage? On the ramp or the VUK?

#3731 5 years ago

I'm considering adding Pinstadium lights, would love to get thoughts from anyone who has them installed. Worth it? Thanks in advance!

#3732 5 years ago

must have. you'll find it also helps with the glare from the backglass.

#3733 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm considering adding Pinstadium lights, would love to get thoughts from anyone who has them installed. Worth it? Thanks in advance!

i thought TSPP was already pretty bright. I replaced my GI bulbs with 2smd bulbs and never noticed any darkness.

I added a small blue led strip in the back right and a white led strip in the trough. A little dark in the middle, but not too bad.

IMG_20181026_111010 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_111010 (resized).jpg
#3734 5 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the Itchy and Scratchy coil launching directly into the drain? Mine launches directly into the drain 90% of the time. Sometimes I can bump it so it doesn't go right between the flippers, but more often than not it's an instant drain. I've tried cleaning the coil and making sure the mounting is tight, but I'm not sure what else to check.

#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Has anyone had any issues with the Itchy and Scratchy coil launching directly into the drain? Mine launches directly into the drain 90% of the time. Sometimes I can bump it so it doesn't go right between the flippers, but more often than not it's an instant drain. I've tried cleaning the coil and making sure the mounting is tight, but I'm not sure what else to check.

Try bending the small metal ball deflector. That's what I had to do, after all else had failed.

#3736 5 years ago

Here's a picture with Pinstadium lighting. It was on the machine when I bought it. Now I want Pinstadium for my other machines

20180928_184934 (resized).jpg20180928_184934 (resized).jpg
#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Here's a picture with Pinstadium lighting. It was on the machine when I bought it. Now I want Pinstadium for my other machines
[quoted image]

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

#3738 5 years ago

No to be a naysayer but doesn’t lighting the game up that much ruin having certain lights highlight certain parts of the game at different times? Just seems like too much light for a title that isn’t very dark to begin with. Maybe it’s something I just have to see in person to understand?

#3739 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

No to be a naysayer but doesn’t lighting the game up that much ruin having certain lights highlight certain parts of the game at different times? Just seems like too much light for a title that isn’t very dark to begin with. Maybe it’s something I just have to see in person to understand?

Yes, but now Pinstadium has a bar of lights to go with your current pinstadium bar of lights to make everything really bright at the same time. So for $400-ish, you can enjoy that soothing retina burning intensity evenly.... lol

#3740 5 years ago

Does pin sound still run the original sounds or has someone built an alternate sound package ?

#3741 5 years ago

Hi guys!
New member of theTSPP club.
After a 15 hrs roadtrip i need help reassembling the head. I m left with 3 connectors,pretty sure 2 of them are not use but the small 2 wires connector for the front speakers is giving me headache!
Anybody can help confirming if those 2 connectors are use and where the speakers one goes?
Also, i bought the machine knowing there was a reset problem on it.
What are the first suspects to check when a TSPP reset ?
Thanks in advance for any help!
I m sure i ll have way more questions later!!!
Thanks in advance!
1540652319617-1767048415 (resized).jpg1540652319617-1767048415 (resized).jpg1540652375367416103395 (resized).jpg1540652375367416103395 (resized).jpg
Edit:Ooops! Seems i ve got another unplugged connectot...

1540654114735-1435255583 (resized).jpg1540654114735-1435255583 (resized).jpg
#3742 5 years ago

Just to throw my hat in the ring, yes, absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, not even up for debate in all honesty, pinstadium is fantastic. Do it. The UV flasher is worth it alone. Adds so much and I love it

20180429_000146 (resized).jpg20180429_000146 (resized).jpg20180601_190848 (resized).jpg20180601_190848 (resized).jpg

#3743 5 years ago

Ok found my problem.
Seems i mixed up some small 2 wires connectors right here.
Noticed the wire gauge and made the right connection for the speakers ... made the big dreadful first to me power on.
Results you may ask ?
5 balls later (yep,the game was set to 5 balls) 98 millions and a 5 minutes of Alien Invasion where i kept locking balls after balls and the game kept giving it back,don t know how it works yet but i know something: i just had the most fun i ever had playing pinball!!!
TSPP is my first big title and i m loving it...after one game!
I'll be around this thread for a while.75 pages of catch up to do!

1540658182225-350579994 (resized).jpg1540658182225-350579994 (resized).jpg
#3744 5 years ago

Welcome to the club @andre. You'll love it!

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stuck where in the garage? On the ramp or the VUK?

Balls are getting stuck on the damn ramp. Just can't quite figure out which bundles of wires to adjust in order to get the clearance I need.

#3746 5 years ago

Picking up my TSPP TONIGHT! SO FREAKING EXCITED! Already seen a lot of great add-ons and fixes on here, looking forward to chatting about the game and problems that arise lol

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Balls are getting stuck on the damn ramp. Just can't quite figure out which bundles of wires to adjust in order to get the clearance I need.

The ramp is narrow and over time, can actually deform enough to grip the ball. Is that the problem?

#3748 5 years ago

I just got my machine. It’s running code 2.0. Does ball save exist in this code?

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I just got my machine. It’s running code 2.0. Does ball save exist in this code?

I have no idea if it exists in that version, but just wanted to mention that the setting you are looking for is called "freeze time". I have no idea why they named it that.

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I had this issue and posted a fix in post #3037. If u pull off the upper playfield there is a screw and long spacer coming down from the very top left of the upper pf. I don’t know why because it was not holding anything together, maybe to slow ball down? No idea. After several nights of frustration, removing this 1 screw did the trick. No problem since...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/75?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.