(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 146.
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Similar question, is there a way to adjust volume when you get into Alien Invasion? The sound suddenly cranks up higher.
Any setting to adjust this?

I don't see any settings related to individual mode volume adjustment. I'm guessing the gain level is ramped up in the programming and other than turning down the overall volume, I'm not sure there is much else you can do.
If there is, hopefully somebody more savvy will jump in. I'm pretty much a noob also, but I can find my way around in a technical manual.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

Welcome to the club. For a 13 year old game, it holds up very well to anything new.
Did you get a manual with your game? If not, here is a link to the IPBD online version.
The overall game volume is adjusted with the buttons inside the coin door. They're pretty clearly labelled. The background music volume and knocker volume are adjusted in "standard adjustments" portion of the service menu. Knocker volume is entry #34, background music #37
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Manual.pdf

So turn up overall volume, then lower background music. Got it. Thanks!! 1 final question. When I add a 4th player, it automatically defaults to a team play mode. Where 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4. I see nothing in the manual about how to switch this back to a regular 4 player game. Any ideas?

#3653 5 years ago

Here is a manual in living color:

www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/226/the/1561/The_Simpsons_Manual.pdf

#3654 5 years ago

There is a setting that is defaulted to raising the volume for certain events, feature adjustment 36, like multi-ball, in the features menu.

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is a setting that is defaulted to raising the volume for certain events, like multi-ball, in the features menu.

So there is a way to adjust so all modes pretty much play at the same level, and do not spike during certain modes like AI?

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So there is a way to adjust so all modes pretty much play at the same level, and do not spike during certain modes like AI?

Yes, feature adjustment 36

#3657 5 years ago

awesome D, thank you. Hadn't seen the full color version of the manual before. Much easier on the eyes. Thanks for explaining the "allow volume effects" adjustment.
Am I missing an adjustment to defeat the "Team" feature when playing a 4 person game too?

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

awesome D, thank you. Hadn't seen the full color version of the manual before. Much easier on the eyes. Thanks for explaining the "allow volume effects" adjustment.
Am I missing an adjustment to defeat the "Team" feature when playing a 4 person game too?

I looked for that, but I don't think there is one.

#3659 5 years ago

So, weasel, and D, your games do the same thing? 4 players are always "Team" play? I have 2 other Stern machines. 1 a year newer, and 1 a year older, and neither of those machines do this. It's so annoying when 4 people want to play.

20180929_120001 (resized).jpg20180929_120001 (resized).jpg
#3660 5 years ago

This might be competition mode, turn it off in the settings and see if that fixes the issue.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, weasel, and D, your games do the same thing? 4 players are always "Team" play? I have 2 other Stern machines. 1 a year newer, and 1 a year older, and neither of those machines do this. It's so annoying when 4 people want to play.

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This might be competition mode, turn it off in the settings and see if that fixes the issue.

I don't think it's competition mode (stand. adj. 43 and Allow player comp mode 48). Comp mode equalizes random game featues, and that's all. Also, you can only enter Comp mode by holding the left flipper before hitting start when adjustments above are both set to yes.

So, weasel, and D, your games do the same thing? 4 players are always "Team" play? I have 2 other Stern machines. 1 a year newer, and 1 a year older, and neither of those machines do this. It's so annoying when 4 people want to play.[quoted image]

My game does this, too, but I gave up trying to figure out how to change it because I rarely play 4-player games. Looking through the adjustments, I can't find any way to change it.

Despite the annoyance of seeing two scores added together, the scores are still listed separately, so it doesn't really effect each player's score.

#3662 5 years ago

Below is a pic of Section 2, Ch. 1, page 5. No indication it can be changed.

20180929_121505 (resized).jpg20180929_121505 (resized).jpg
#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Below is a pic of Section 2, Ch. 1, page 5. No indication it can be changed.[quoted image]

Yes sir, I saw the same entry in my manual. I guess it's just going to be a minor annoyance like you say. I agree, as long as the 4 scores are listed separately, I'm ok.

#3664 5 years ago

Yeah, go with it, I say.

#3665 5 years ago

I'm finding that my upper left flipper sometimes gets stuck and doesn't respond as quickly as I hit the flipper button.

I can upload video of it later if needed but has anyone else experienced something like this?

#3666 5 years ago

Check for free movement after removing the upper playfield and check for interference from wires, plastic etc.

#3667 5 years ago

Quick question regarding the couch ball lock. On a 2 player game, if player 1 locks a ball in the couch, player 2 can come along and lock another ball in the couch, and it counts as ball 2 locked. So in essence, during multiplayer games, you can steal another players locks and start multi ball. Is this normal operation?

#3668 5 years ago

Quick question regarding the couch ball lock. On a 2 player game, if player 1 locks a ball in the couch, player 2 can come along and lock another ball in the couch, and it counts as ball 2 locked. So in essence, during multiplayer games, you can steal another players locks and start multi ball. Is this normal operation?

That's how my machine behaves.

#3669 5 years ago

My balls recently started getting stuck in the garage. This happened once before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. Do I just need to remove the upper playfield and make sure all the wires are out of the way?
Why did they design it like this?

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Do I just need to remove the upper playfield and make sure all the wires are out of the way?

Yes, that’s a start. I also had this issue and found that there was a screw from the upper play field that was blocking the balls path at times. It was in the far left corner of the machine. I ended up removing the screw (didn’t see any purpose for it) and no issues since.

#3671 5 years ago

There is a feature adjustment to change this setting so that each player must lock all balls on their own.

#3672 5 years ago

Found an answer if anyone else is curious. It's in the feature adjustments. "Hold couch locks" can be set to never, 1 player only, or always. "Always" will allow players to steal each others locks, and hold locks from game to game.

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

There is a feature adjustment to change this setting so that each player must lock all balls on their own.

Thanks!

#3674 5 years ago

Found an answer if anyone else is curious. It's in the feature adjustments. "Hold couch locks" can be set to never, 1 player only, or always. "Always" will allow players to steal each others locks, and hold locks from game to game.

What feature number is this? The manual on ipdb.org doesn't list this, so I think that manual is an early version. I'm pretty sure the hard copy of my manual at home has this listed because I've changed this setting in the past. I'm just curious if I'm missing something while looking at the online version.

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What feature number is this? The manual on ipdb.org doesn't list this, so I think that manual is an early version. I'm pretty sure the hard copy of my manual at home has this listed because I've changed this setting in the past. I'm just curious if I'm missing something while looking at the online version.

Adjustment 35 on the installs menu. My manual doesnt list it either

#3676 5 years ago

So I've had the game for about a month now, and I'm finally starting to understand the rules a bit (though most of it is still confusing to me).

I've started AI about a dozen times, started Pretzel once, I think I started Daredevil, and tonight I started Scratchy's Revenge.

Getting these things started is difficult enough, but finishing them, especially all of them, seems just stupid difficult.

AI alone is pretty tough to follow with two couch shots needed, but doing all six modes is ridiculous.

I have a LOTR, and I'm pretty confident that I'll get Valinor one day, but TSPP isn't even in the realm of possibilities from what I've gathered.

I think it's a pretty cool game, but putting the SDMEWM that far out of each feels a bit cheap to me.

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I've had the game for about a month now, and I'm finally starting to understand the rules a bit (though most of it is still confusing to me).
I've started AI about a dozen times, started Pretzel once, I think I started Daredevil, and tonight I started Scratchy's Revenge.
Getting these things started is difficult enough, but finishing them, especially all of them, seems just stupid difficult.
AI alone is pretty tough to follow with two couch shots needed, but doing all six modes is ridiculous.
I have a LOTR, and I'm pretty confident that I'll get Valinor one day, but TSPP isn't even in the realm of possibilities from what I've gathered.
I think it's a pretty cool game, but putting the SDMEWM that far out of each feels a bit cheap to me.

If you are getting to AI that easily, your settings are too easy. Change tv mode start to “off” at the beginning of every ball, this forces you to hit the krusty loop to light the tv.

#3678 5 years ago

Lol "this game is too hard to do what I want to do"
"Bullshit, make it harder"

#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's certainly a valid viewpoint, but personally, I don't think it feels cheap at all. You have to beat everything else in the game to get to the final wizard mode. That seems right to me. After all, it is named Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode.

It's very difficult to do, no doubt, and most people will never see it. You've only had the game a month, it seems like you are doing very well.

Personally, I view all of the other wizard modes in the game as the major wizard modes. And they are awesome wizard modes, especially AI and SMS.

Also, to me, one of the bigges goals of the game is completing (winning) as many of the normal modes as possible in one ball, and racking up huge victory laps points.

#3680 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

That's certainly a valid viewpoint, but personally, I don't think it feels cheap at all. You have to beat everything else in the game to get to the final wizard mode. That seems right to me. After all, it is named Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode.
It's very difficult to do, no doubt, and most people will never see it. You've only had the game a month, it seems like you are doing very well.
Personally, I view all of the other wizard modes in the game as the major wizard modes. And they are awesome wizard modes, especially AI and SMS.
Also, to me, one of the bigges goals of the game is completing (winning) as many of the normal modes as possible in one ball, and racking up huge victory laps points.

That's a good way to look at it.

I was considering putting ball save on because plunging for it to hit something and go sdtm is a huge buzz kill.

I think it's cool that theare so many mini wizards, but I wish they were in reach a bit more. Like in LOTR, if you fall short on one of the multiballs, you can loop back around and get another stab at it with continued progress. With TSPP, I feel like you have one shot, and you have to be perfect. Pretty damn impossible to do that 6 times in one game.

#3681 5 years ago

Looking to sell or trade my TSPP for an AFM. Has ColorDMD and a ton of mods. Less than 1k plays. Figured someone here might want to upgrade their machine to this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69736

#3682 5 years ago

I have a personal rule about keeping all my games at factory default settings, but this game is getting ridiculous haha!

I'm losing so many balls just from launching that it's making me want to flip this game over!

Tried to go into settings to put ball save on, but can't seem to find it.

Anyone?

#3683 5 years ago

I think its standard adjustment number 38, freeze time.

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think its standard adjustment number 38, freeze time.

Just to confirm, factory setting is ball save off, correct?

#3685 5 years ago

As far as i know it is.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just to confirm, factory setting is ball save off, correct?

I believe my manual says factory setting is "auto". But I keep my sterns on 8 seconds.

#3687 5 years ago

I believe my manual says factory setting is "auto". But I keep my sterns on 8 seconds.

For 4.00 and 5.00 code, the default is off.

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

For 4.00 and 5.00 code, the default is off.

My game is running the latest (guessing that is 5.00) and the setting is OFF.

I've changed it to 5 seconds so that I can actually enjoy the game a little.

LOTR is the same, but I've opted not to change it, and I've been very close to Valinor a couple of times.

But with TSPP, and I don't know if it's just my machine, but the drains can be brutal! Like right off the launch, off a standup, and SDTM!

#3689 5 years ago

I almost never have stdm from ball launch. Try always to make the skillshot ofcourse but that doesn’t cause a stdm. At least not in my tspp. Is your game level?

And yep, I have ballsave on as with all my machines.

#3690 5 years ago

TSPP definitely has one of the most dangerous plunges.

"What the heck was that?!?"

It's risk reward whether or not you go for comic book guy, kwik e mart loop, or just skillfully short plunge to the flipper(and skillfully drain if playfield not validated). WOZ seems the same way for me, sometimes the challenge just starts with the plunge!

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My game is running the latest (guessing that is 5.00) and the setting is OFF.
I've changed it to 5 seconds so that I can actually enjoy the game a little.
LOTR is the same, but I've opted not to change it, and I've been very close to Valinor a couple of times.
But with TSPP, and I don't know if it's just my machine, but the drains can be brutal! Like right off the launch, off a standup, and SDTM!

If you're shooting for CBG on the skill shot and miss, and you don't hit any switches, let it drain. The ball will go back into the shooter lane and not register as being in play yet. I've plunged 3 or 4 times before trying to hit CBG without going to end of ball bonus.

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If you're shooting for CBG on the skill shot and miss, and you don't hit any switches, let it drain. The ball will go back into the shooter lane and not register as being in play yet. I've plunged 3 or 4 times before trying to hit CBG without going to end of ball bonus.

This is true, unless you hit an outlane instead of center drain. Outlanes instantly validate the playfield and will end the ball(with no ball save on).

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

This is true, unless you hit an outlane instead of center drain. Outlanes instantly validate the playfield and will end the ball(with no ball save on).

Yes. Outlane switch, inlane switch, and I&S drop switches will all validate the playfield. However, I don't think a single sling hit will (Edit: and neither will a single pop, as mentioned by D-Gottlieb below).

On my game, if I miss the CBG skill shot, I usually miss high and hit the ramp post. The ball doesn't bounce hard enough off that post to reach the right outlane.

I used to launch for kwik-e-mart skill shot, but the ball would often bounce softly off the bullies stand-ups and drain sdtm. The playfield is validated, and maybe that's what Damien is doing.

I now find CBG safer (and worth more) by not validating and possibly getting a few chances at it.

Edited for switch validation correction per D-Gottlieb.

#3694 5 years ago

A single pop won't validate the playfield. As long as the plunger lane skill shot light is flashing, you can drain and the ball will be recovered.

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

A single pop won't validate the playfield. As long as the plunger lane skill shot light is flashing, you can drain and the ball will be recovered.

Thanks for the clarification. I edited my post. I rarely only get a single pop when I miss, so I would always try to save the ball on anything but a sling hit.

#3696 5 years ago

TSPP is a very long playing game and does not need a ball save.

It has a very difficult wizard mode that will take years to achieve, even for top players. Personally, I would not nerf my machine after one month because I did not make it to SDMEWM. But, to each their own.

#3697 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

TSPP is a very long playing game and does not need a ball save.
It has a very difficult wizard mode that will take years to achieve, even for top players. Personally, I would not nerf my machine after one month because I did not make it to SDMEWM. But, to each their own.

What does it mean to nerf a machine (serious question)?

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What does it mean to nerf a machine (serious question)?

Nerf means make it safe to play or easier.

#3699 5 years ago

I'll put the ball save on for the time being to make the game more enjoyable as I try to understand the rules.

Also makes it more enjoyable for others playing for fun.

Question about levelling on the machine. With the bubble between the two lines, my digital level shows 6.0 degrees between the slings, and 6.5 degrees around CBG.

Can anyone with a digital level chime in on what reading they get on their game.

Cheers.

#3700 5 years ago

No ball save? Factory or harder settings? Open outlanes? You guys must be far better players than I.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/74?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.