(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 146.
#3601 5 years ago

OK, I should have spent some time searching the forums before inquiring. Found a pretty good tutorial on page 2 of sillyoldelf's original post that shows the process. The thin strip on the bottom of the speaker panel sticker did stretch a little trying to get it to sit perfectly parallel with the cutouts during installation, but I'm not sure anyone but me will ever notice.

#3602 5 years ago

side panel protectors, best maintenance accessory ever! Highly recommended. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575
0916180817[1] (resized).jpg0916180817[1] (resized).jpg

#3603 5 years ago

This machine deserves extra loving care given its history. This hasn't been posted in this topic, but when I purchased this pin from a fellow pinsider, he was showing me, the total newb, how to pull the play field out of the body for maintenance. In the process he noticed some writing on the edge of the playfield never noted before. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I noticed be became a little more regretful of letting this one go.
A week later I post pictures on this forum looking for some info and find out that one of the designers of the game had hand selected a play field off the floor for his own machine, since they were having such problems with the printing on this job initially. He put his name on it and had it set aside.
Somehow it ended up back in the production line and the rest is history. Aside from one very small scratch on the side of the upper cabinet, it is as close to perfect as you could hope. Until I started mucking it up with these modern reinforcements. (JK, I'm bullet proofing this thing for my kids. Don't expect a bunch of other toys to be added. Color DMD will be the last upgrade, when I'm feeling rich or they go on sale. (HA!)

0916180823[1] (resized).jpg0916180823[1] (resized).jpg

#3604 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I’ll pm you

want to cut me in on that action?

#3605 5 years ago

Got to Pretzel MB, but had no idea what I was doing, then pinball happened and all the balls pretty much drained at the same time.

Is Pretzel a completable mode?

Also, for AI, do you drop down a level if you drain even one ball? I've been to the third level (lock 4 balls) but after locking 3, I didn't see any lit inserts.

Do you have to get couch locks in this mode, or can you just hit other shots? Otto usually seems to be lit.

I've had the game a week or two, and although I find the game confusing as hell, it's still pretty fun to shoot!

#3606 5 years ago

The best thing for you to do is to email cliffy and he will send you the instructions on how to install these. In the pic, the one on the right fastens to the left edge of the right ramp, the one on the left attaches to the left edge of the left ramp along with the new orange post.

#3607 5 years ago

There are nuts on the undersides of both ramps that will need to held during the installation process.

#3608 5 years ago

As for the art blades, I found that the cabinet support in the right rear necessitated the trimming of the plastic blade so it would fit against the cabinet nicely.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There are nuts on the undersides of both ramps that will need to held during the installation process.

those two hints help tremendously. thank you very much.

#3610 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Got to Pretzel MB, but had no idea what I was doing, then pinball happened and all the balls pretty much drained at the same time.
Also, for AI, do you drop down a level if you drain even one ball? I've been to the third level (lock 4 balls) but after locking 3, I didn't see any lit inserts.
Do you have to get couch locks in this mode, or can you just hit other shots? Otto usually seems to be lit.
I've had the game a week or two, and although I find the game confusing as hell, it's still pretty fun to shoot!

Sounds like you haven't read the rulesheet. Start there.

#3611 5 years ago

Not at all bud. I did mine, playfield in. What helps is a friend to hold one end while slowly progressing. It looks way worse than it is.

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Sounds like you haven't read the rulesheet. Start there.

I did actually. Maybe not thoroughly.

Figured people liked talking pinball stuff here.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Alien invasion in my opinion is the best mode ever, in any game. In each stage you need to lock more balls, starting with 2 and going up to 5.

They can be locked in the couch, otto shot, itchy and scratchy hole, or in the garage if I recall correctly. But the garage only counts if it's the last lock of the stage.

So in the early stages you don't need any in the couch. But when you get to the stage with 5 balls then at least 2 need to be in the couch.

I like to try to make the garage the last lock of each stage. This way, it gets kicked up to the living room right away on the next stage and you can try to get it in the couch.

There's a ball saver at each stage. So you can drain balls during that. After the ball saver ends, if you drain one ball, you go back to the previous stage.

#3614 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

Is it recommended to pull the entire play field to put in the side blade stickers?

You could but it's not necessary.

I cut a piece of 2x4 to put under the rear of the playfield to lift it up enough so it's out of the way, leaving the support bars resting on the lockbar.

This was suggested by SillyOldElf.

Be very careful to align the side art on the blades with the playfield - very specific areas need to line up behind the School, Itchy & Scratchy Land, The Living Room, etc. when the playfield is in normal playing position.

RussM

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Swapping the flipper buttons for yellow is a piece of cake.

You think so? I ended up leaving my red buttons in the game. Think it looks better that way anyway.

#3616 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Alien invasion in my opinion is the best mode ever, in any game. In each stage you need to lock more balls, starting with 2 and going up to 5.
They can be locked in the couch, otto shot, itchy and scratchy hole, or in the garage if I recall correctly. But the garage only counts if it's the last lock of the stage.
So in the early stages you don't need any in the couch. But when you get to the stage with 5 balls then at least 2 need to be in the couch.
I like to try to make the garage the last lock of each stage. This way, it gets kicked up to the living room right away on the next stage and you can try to get it in the couch.
There's a ball saver at each stage. So you can drain balls during that. After the ball saver ends, if you drain one ball, you go back to the previous stage.

That's one tough ass mode to finish. I'll try your strategy out and see how I make out.

So for SDMEWM, you need to complete all 6 modes?

I know some people argue that Valinor is the toughest wizard mode to reach in pinball, but from early impressions, this seems significantly harder.

I've been 3 shots away from Valinor, but I don't even think I've completed a mode once in this game haha.

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's one tough ass mode to finish. I'll try your strategy out and see how I make out.
So for SDMEWM, you need to complete all 6 modes?
I know some people argue that Valinor is the toughest wizard mode to reach in pinball, but from early impressions, this seems significantly harder.
I've been 3 shots away from Valinor, but I don't even think I've completed a mode once in this game haha.

Well, full disclosure, I've completed alien invasion only a couple times, and I've owned the game since 2007. So, my advice may not be worth much.

I have pretty much no chance of ever seeing SDMEWM. Except on YouTube. You have to do all of the following:

Beat alien invasion
Beat Springfield mystery spot
Beat daredevil mania
Beat secret stash
Collect all 5 couch multiball super jackpots
Beat scatchy's revenge (collect super jp)
I think you have to start pretzel mb as well.

I don't have as much playing time on LOTR, so I really can't compare this to Valinor. I can't imagine Valinor would be harder than this?

#3618 5 years ago

Oh and just to add. ..

Yes, tspp is super deep, and nearly impossible to beat for most people.

But in my opinion, there's more to rules than just being deep. The ruleset in this game is genius.

#3619 5 years ago

Side art installed. Pretty sure I don't want to do that for a living. A little more cleaning, a healthy coat of wax, and this project is buttoned up.

0916181444[1] (resized).jpg0916181444[1] (resized).jpg0916181444_HDR[1] (resized).jpg0916181444_HDR[1] (resized).jpg
#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

You think so? I ended up leaving my red buttons in the game. Think it looks better that way anyway.

Yes, swapping IS easy. IF a person chooses to do it, of course.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Well, full disclosure, I've completed alien invasion only a couple times, and I've owned the game since 2007. So, my advice may not be worth much.
I have pretty much no chance of ever seeing SDMEWM. Except on YouTube. You have to do all of the following:
Beat alien invasion
Beat Springfield mystery spot
Beat daredevil mania
Beat secret stash
Collect all 5 couch multiball super jackpots
Beat scatchy's revenge (collect super jp)
I think you have to start pretzel mb as well.
I don't have as much playing time on LOTR, so I really can't compare this to Valinor. I can't imagine Valinor would be harder than this?

Yeah, I've been pretty close to Valinor a couple of times, but TSPP just seems like there is so much more to tackle to get to the end.

For example, if you miss ROTK the first time around, you can get back to it in a decent game and continue your progress.

But if you miss AI in TSPP, your stuck starting all the modes again just to get another shot at it?!?!

How about something like Scatchys Revenge? Do you have to do all 4 multiballs again to start it and try to complete?

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, I've been pretty close to Valinor a couple of times, but TSPP just seems like there is so much more to tackle to get to the end.
For example, if you miss ROTK the first time around, you can get back to it in a decent game and continue your progress.
But if you miss AI in TSPP, your stuck starting all the modes again just to get another shot at it?!?!
How about something like Scatchys Revenge? Do you have to do all 4 multiballs again to start it and try to complete?

Yep, and same with mystery spot, too. You have to work your way back to it. The good news though is usually if you work your way up to AI, you sort of end up naturally getting pretty close to starting the others as well.

And don't overlook victory laps along the way. If you beat several or all of the normal modes on the same ball, you will get victory laps which can add up to huge points.

#3623 5 years ago

A great tutorial is here:

#3624 5 years ago

Hey all. I'm having an issue with missing callouts. I played another machine and heard some Mo's audio I've never heard on my machine (Welcome to Mo's and Have a pickled egg). Also sometimes the plunger sound doesn't play. Any ideas what the problem might be? Was far as I know I have the latest audio rom installed. Thx.

#3625 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Yep, and same with mystery spot, too. You have to work your way back to it. The good news though is usually if you work your way up to AI, you sort of end up naturally getting pretty close to starting the others as well.
And don't overlook victory laps along the way. If you beat several or all of the normal modes on the same ball, you will get victory laps which can add up to huge points.

Played a game tonight that lasted about 45 mins, and I didn't even get one of the objectives for SDMEWM!

I played AI, but couldn't get past the 4 ball lock round. I didn't see any lit inserts, so wasn't sure what to shoot at. Does that mean the it has to go up to the couch, as nothing else is available to lock?

I also got a Sextuple jackpot, but no idea what that was about.

It almost feels like there is too much going on sometimes in this game. Maybe when I play it more, it will make sense.

#3626 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

Hey all. I'm having an issue with missing callouts. I played another machine and heard some Mo's audio I've never heard on my machine (Welcome to Mo's and Have a pickled egg). Also sometimes the plunger sound doesn't play. Any ideas what the problem might be? Was far as I know I have the latest audio rom installed. Thx.

Check all your stitches in test mode with a ball, not your finger and make sure they're registering. You should definitely be offered pickled eggs.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played a game tonight that lasted about 45 mins, and I didn't even get one of the objectives for SDMEWM!
I played AI, but couldn't get past the 4 ball lock round. I didn't see any lit inserts, so wasn't sure what to shoot at. Does that mean the it has to go up to the couch, as nothing else is available to lock?
I also got a Sextuple jackpot, but no idea what that was about.
It almost feels like there is too much going on sometimes in this game. Maybe when I play it more, it will make sense.

I love sextuple jackpots! Great callout. They are actually very simple. During couch multiball, a shot to the tv is normally a triple jackpot. If you have 2x scoring up there (via otto) then it's a sextuple jackpot.

And yeah, AI is tough to complete. But fun to try! On the 4 ball stage, you will have to lock at least one in the couch, no way around it.

#3628 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I love sextuple jackpots! Great callout. They are actually very simple. During couch multiball, a shot to the tv is normally a triple jackpot. If you have 2x scoring up there (via otto) then it's a sextuple jackpot.
And yeah, AI is tough to complete. But fun to try! On the 4 ball stage, you will have to lock at least one in the couch, no way around it.

So, on the final stage of AI (5 locks), do you have to lock two on the couch?

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, on the final stage of AI (5 locks), do you have to lock two on the couch?

Yep.

#3630 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm that I have the latest and most recommended software installed.

Also, can the Sharp chip to the right of it be replaced with a NVRAM chip? It's in socket U212, and from what I've read, it should be able to just replace this Sharp chip.

I recall in my IJ Pinball Adventure, I actually had to solder an IC chip to the board.

Any input would be appreciated

IMG_20180919_004904 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_004904 (resized).jpg
#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone confirm that I have the latest and most recommended software installed.
Also, can the Sharp chip to the right of it be replaced with a NVRAM chip? It's in socket U212, and from what I've read, it should be able to just replace this Sharp chip.
I recall in my IJ Pinball Adventure, I actually had to solder an IC chip to the board.
Any input would be appreciated
[quoted image]

5.00 is the latest code. Yes, you can replace the sharp chip at U212 with a NVRAM chip. No soldering necessary.

#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

5.00 is the latest code. Yes, you can replace the sharp chip at U212 with a NVRAM chip. No soldering necessary.

I see that I need a 6424 chip, but can anyone explain the difference between these:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3666

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3070

#3633 5 years ago

The difference is that the DMD+ is a newer and more universal product that Rob Anthony created a few years after the other one. The newer one is also less expensive.

It's what I have in my TSPP, and I had the same Sharp 5164 as you. It works great, but make sure you don't install it upside down. The notch goes on the bottom, but the wording will be upside down. Many have reported it gets very hot when installed incorrectly and won't work when corrected.

The pic is the correct way.

20180919_063041 (resized).jpg20180919_063041 (resized).jpg
#3634 5 years ago

Little notch on the chips should all point in same direction (down)

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Check all your stitches in test mode with a ball, not your finger and make sure they're registering. You should definitely be offered pickled eggs.

The switch on the front of the right ramp appears to be working fine. But I get the whoosh sound similar or the same as the plunge. I want pickled eggs!!! See video below.

#3636 5 years ago

Need to test the ramp *made* switch. Not the ramp *entrance* switch. Whoosh is correct on the entrance. Other callouts (and scoring) are triggered when the ramp shot is *made*. Hope it helps.

#3637 5 years ago

Yeah, test this switch:

2018-09-23 10.18.25.jpg2018-09-23 10.18.25.jpg

Using the switch test mode will also tell you if it or any other switches are stuck on. It's pretty intuitive and a great troubleshooting tool. Reference the manual if you need to it's really easy.

#3638 5 years ago

Much like the goggles, the switch does nothing! I was going to remove the mode panel and check the wiring later. But I kinda pushed on the solder joints and it works now. So I have all the pickled eggs I want.

Thx for the help.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah, test this switch:
[quoted image]
Using the switch test mode will also tell you if it or any other switches are stuck on. It's pretty intuitive and a great troubleshooting tool. Reference the manual if you need to it's really easy.

#3639 5 years ago

Probably a loose diode or wire. I promise it won't last, get a soldering iron and take care of it! This is a good first "troubleshooting" project. You'll have to remove some stuff but it should be pretty easy. Don't be intimidated! Do it!

#3640 5 years ago

Just had a decent game, and got to some mode where there was some 8-bit music going... I have no idea what is going on in this game, so can anyone tell me what that was?

#3641 5 years ago

I've got the Sparky TV mod on the way so I plan to troubleshoot while installing that. I have a soldering iron I've never used so it will be a learning experience. I've also noticed the switch activating occasionally when the ball goes though the Otto loop. It's that normal?

BTW does anyone have a video file for the TV mod they'd be willing to share? I'm pretty much just iPad and iPhone now so getting access to a Windows machine to create the file might be tough.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Probably a loose diode or wire. I promise it won't last, get a soldering iron and take care of it! This is a good first "troubleshooting" project. You'll have to remove some stuff but it should be pretty easy. Don't be intimidated! Do it!

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just had a decent game, and got to some mode where there was some 8-bit music going... I have no idea what is going on in this game, so can anyone tell me what that was?

Anyone?

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

BTW does anyone have a video file for the TV mod they'd be willing to share? I'm pretty much just iPad and iPhone now so getting access to a Windows machine to create the file might be tough

This mod is plug and play Probably the best mod made for this machine. Props to @sparky

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from ATL_Tom:

BTW does anyone have a video file for the TV mod they'd be willing to share? I'm pretty much just iPad and iPhone now so getting access to a Windows machine to create the file might be tough.

I sent you a message through Pinside Shops after you placed the order. I just sent another through Pinside Mail.

#3645 5 years ago

PM Replied. Thx.

Quoted from Sparky:

I sent you a message through Pinside Shops after you placed the order. I just sent another through Pinside Mail.

#3646 5 years ago

Hello everyone! I just picked up a very clean TSPP about 5 miles from my house, and I'm excited to get into the game play and rules. I hear this game has an insane rule set. Looking forward to many long nights figuring this one out

#3647 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hello everyone! I just picked up a very clean TSPP about 5 miles from my house, and I'm excited to get into the game play and rules. I hear this game has an insane rule set. Looking forward to many long nights figuring this one out

Welcome to the club. TSPP has a great rule set for sure.

#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Welcome to the club. TSPP has a great rule set for sure.

Thanks! First noob question...lol. is there a way to turn the volume on the call outs up, while leaving the background music the same??

#3649 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. For a 13 year old game, it holds up very well to anything new.
Did you get a manual with your game? If not, here is a link to the IPBD online version.
The overall game volume is adjusted with the buttons inside the coin door. They're pretty clearly labelled. The background music volume and knocker volume are adjusted in "standard adjustments" portion of the service menu. Knocker volume is entry #34, background music #37
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Manual.pdf

#3650 5 years ago

Thanks! First noob question...lol. is there a way to turn the volume on the call outs up, while leaving the background music the same??

Similar question, is there a way to adjust volume when you get into Alien Invasion? The sound suddenly cranks up higher.

Any setting to adjust this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 18.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/73?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.