(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 146.
#3551 5 years ago

That looks great!!
Oh and its from the episode C.E. D'oh one of my favorites.

#3552 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That looks great!!
Oh and its from the episode C.E. D'oh one of my favorites.

The carbon rod is pictured in C.E. D'oh, but the "In Rod We Trust" reference is from 9 seasons previous.

#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This club has been quiet for a while.
In collaboration with Joe Zenkus of Random Pinball, I just added the 4th TSPP mod to my shop, as well as available at mezelmods.com.
If you've been pleased with the TV, Treehouse, and Lampstand, you'll be very pleased with In Rod We Trust Flasher Dome Replacement (name the episode).
Comes with a green wedge flex led flasher.
$45 in my Pinside shop or Mezelmods.[quoted image][quoted image]

Really cool idea. Can you post a video of it in action?

#3554 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Yes...Saturday morning.

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This club has been quiet for a while.
In collaboration with Joe Zenkus of Random Pinball, I just added the 4th TSPP mod to my shop, as well as available at mezelmods.com.
If you've been pleased with the TV, Treehouse, and Lampstand, you'll be very pleased with In Rod We Trust Flasher Dome Replacement (name the episode).
Comes with a green wedge flex led flasher.
$45 in my Pinside shop or Mezelmods.[quoted image][quoted image]

It has been quiet. Guess that's what happens when a game just always works and is nearly perfect as it sits. I appreciate the heck out of you always making new stuff. Whata guy.

#3556 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Here you go.

#3557 5 years ago

That looks awesome Sparky!

#3558 5 years ago

Has anyone installed the DMD-Saver from German Pinball on their TSPP?

1 week later
#3559 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Has anyone installed the DMD-Saver from German Pinball on their TSPP?

Problem solved, TSPP needed Version2 of the DMD-Saver, not Version1

#3560 5 years ago

A little early, but I'm planning on doing a full shop of my Simpsons this winter.

What I have done already:

Full comet led, color dmd, led ocd, titan rubbers on topside, full cliffy set

What i want to do
-Full topside teardown, polish and clean most parts/metal.
-New plastic set (i have now ready to install)
-Inside Side art decals (where should I buy these? There is a russian on ebay? are these the same? as what most people have
-Any other suggestions? I love the mods for this game but I need to be selective as they can add up!

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

-Inside Side art decals (where should I buy these? There is a russian on ebay? are these the same? as what most people have

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods/01072-the-simpson-pinball-party-cabinet-5x-decals-super-package

#3563 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

A little early, but I'm planning on doing a full shop of my Simpsons this winter.
What I have done already:
Full comet led, color dmd, led ocd, titan rubbers on topside, full cliffy set
What i want to do
-Full topside teardown, polish and clean most parts/metal.
-New plastic set (i have now ready to install)
-Any other suggestions? I love the mods for this game but I need to be selective as they can add up!

I am a little biased, but I have four mods in my Pinside Shop for TSPP. If you had to pick one, pick the TV with the Itchy and Scratchy video clips.

#3564 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I am a little biased, but I have four mods in my Pinside Shop for TSPP. If you had to pick one, pick the TV with the Itchy and Scratchy video clips.

I know I know. I will get it one day. Maybe for a Christmas present to myself lol

#3565 5 years ago

Can someone point me to or share a recommended colour matching LED summary list?

Looking to change my HUO TSPP over, 'bout time I suppose.

#3566 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Absolutely love my TV mod and your customer service was amazing. Even when I messed up Sparky took care of me. Definitely would recommend him and his mods.

#3567 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can someone point me to or share a recommended colour matching LED summary list?

I’ll pm you

#3568 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I just got a set from Comet Pinball. Highly recommend them.

Quoted from Ericc123:

Absolutely love my TV mod and your customer service was amazing. Even when I messed up Sparky took care of me. Definitely would recommend him and his mods.

Couldn’t agree with you more! Ran into an issue with my TV mod and he more than made up for it. Also troubleshooted an issue I have with my Comic Book Guy figure.

Does anyone know where I can buy the apron and target decals?

I’ll have to upload some photos of my machine soon. Loving all the mods I’ve put into it.

#3569 5 years ago

Join the club today. One thing I've noticed is that the car on the Playfield looks like a washed pink color compared to the deep orange I see in a lot of other images. Anyone know why?

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Join the club today. One thing I've noticed is that the car on the Playfield looks like a washed pink color compared to the deep orange I see in a lot of other images. Anyone know why?

The car varies a lot, I believe pink is what was intended.

#3571 5 years ago

Washed pink is the color of the car in the show.

C86B3135-888D-4438-B902-24CA0F0E3EA1 (resized).jpegC86B3135-888D-4438-B902-24CA0F0E3EA1 (resized).jpeg
#3572 5 years ago

I wish someone would do a pinsound mix for this game and incorporate more female voices.

#3573 5 years ago

put a little time into the game tonight and one thing I noticed is that it is very difficult to make that shot to the couch. It's not how it should be?

also if the previous game has any balls locked in the couch then starting up in you game continues the progress? That's how it's going on my game right now.

#3574 5 years ago

TECH QUESTION:
After booting my TSPP it is sort of rebooting every 5 seconds. Sometimes I can play a game for about half a minute and then it reboots again.
Not everything goes out (TV mod still continues to play), the upper playfield TV is rebooting as well.

Anyone has an idea about what is going on, what I should do?
When the reboot occurs I noticed the Red led on the Bottom board in the backbox to light of and on.

Appreciate your help
Peter

#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

TECH QUESTION:
After booting my TSPP it is sort of rebooting every 5 seconds. Sometimes I can play a game for about half a minute and then it reboots again.
Not everything goes out (TV mod still continues to play), the upper playfield TV is rebooting as well.
Anyone has an idea about what is going on, what I should do?
When the reboot occurs I noticed the Red led on the Bottom board in the backbox to light of and on.
Appreciate your help
Peter

First step would be to check if the 5VDC is properly present. Sounds to me like you have an issue there

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

put a little time into the game tonight and one thing I noticed is that it is very difficult to make that shot to the couch. It's not how it should be?
also if the previous game has any balls locked in the couch then starting up in you game continues the progress? That's how it's going on my game right now.

Yes, the couch ball saves carryover to the next game. But you can change that in settings, I have them start over every game.
My couch shot is not that difficult, maybe a weak flipper?

#3577 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, the couch ball saves carryover to the next game. But you can change that in settings, I have them start over every game.
My couch shot is not that difficult, maybe a weak flipper?

I'm going to pull off the mini pf and have a look later.

Also, can anyone that has all of their outlane posts set to factory default, please post a photo.

I think mine are set to hard, but I'd like to have them at default.

Thanks

#3578 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm going to pull off the mini pf and have a look later.
Also, can anyone that has all of their outlane posts set to factory default, please post a photo.
I think mine are set to hard, but I'd like to have them at default.
Thanks

Here’s some useful info...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-outlane-posts#post-698296

#3579 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Grats on the game. When I levelled my game properly the shot also seemed harder. Best I can say is fresh rubber and wax on the mini and ramp.

#3580 5 years ago

Cool, that is what I actually set mine to this evening, and it plays fair.

Was just messing around and got to Alien Invasion, but have no idea what I was supposed to do.

Going to have to read rules on this game.

I notice my "shoot again" flashing during gameplay. Does this game require and OCD board if using LEDs?

#3581 5 years ago

One other thing. I used a digital level to set my game at 6.5 in between the slings. But up by Comic Book Guy it's like 6.9 and look at the level.

My rear legs are turned out like 3/4 way.

How much do you guys have yours turned out?

IMG_20180908_011854 (resized).jpgIMG_20180908_011854 (resized).jpg
#3582 5 years ago

Hi @Damien,

Have you run a factory reset and/or a new '3 Ball install'?

Regarding the couch, when I first got the pin NIB, I was hitting it often, over the years, less so. I think that I'm getting crappier as I age haha!

P.S. congrats on the pin!

#3583 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I notice my "shoot again" flashing during gameplay. Does this game require and OCD board if using LEDs?

Mine doesn’t. Using a non ghosting bulb?

#3584 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine doesn’t. Using a non ghosting bulb?

Indeed I am. Going to keep an eye on it.

Also, can anyone explain the inserts in the lane. Pretty sure extra ball was flashing (not solid) when I drained, but I wasn't awarded anything.

#3585 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hi Damien,
Have you run a factory reset and/or a new '3 Ball install'?
Regarding the couch, when I first got the pin NIB, I was hitting it often, over the years, less so. I think that I'm getting crappier as I age haha!
P.S. congrats on the pin!

What is a 3 ball install?

I'd say I hit the shot 25% of the time. The TV shot is like 75%.

Maybe it's flipper rebuild time!

and can anyone comment on how high they have the rear legs cranked up on their game? I'm at about 3/4 way out.

#3586 5 years ago

For pitch, just refer to the bubble-level. Between the lines is where you'll want it set.

As for the couch shot -- even with wax, rebuilt flippers, etc. -- the margin of error is still pretty small, so don't be surprised if it's a shot you miss a lot.

After starting a ball, the "Shoot Again" lamp flashes for some time. That's indicating your "Ball Save" period. (Adjustable in settings.) If you drain during that period, the machine gives you the ball back. It's feeling sorry for you. Once the ball gets saved that way -- or the timer runs out -- you're on your own after that.

When "Extra Ball" is lit in the lanes, you are able to select *which* lane is lit by hitting the flippers to move it. Your basic flipper "lane change."

Hope that helps. Enjoy!

#3587 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

For pitch, just refer to the bubble-level. Between the lines is where you'll want it set.
As for the couch shot -- even with wax, rebuilt flippers, etc. -- the margin of error is still pretty small, so don't be surprised if it's a shot you miss a lot.
After starting a ball, the "Shoot Again" lamp flashes for some time. That's indicating your "Ball Save" period. (Adjustable in settings.) If you drain during that period, the machine gives you the ball back. It's feeling sorry for you. Once the ball gets saved that way -- or the timer runs out -- you're on your own after that.
When "Extra Ball" is lit in the lanes, you are able to select *which* lane is lit by hitting the flippers to move it. Your basic flipper "lane change."
Hope that helps. Enjoy!

I reset the game to default, so there shouldn't be a ball save on launch. From reading other threads, it seems some TSPPs need the OCD board.

I know my LOTR needed the OCD badly, because a bunch of inserts were lighting up when they shouldn't have been. OCD fixed it right up.

On the topic though, I'm trying to decide if I want to go with warm white or cool white for this game. Anyone have any photos to show off?

#3588 5 years ago

My tspp ghosts really badly. I need that OCD board at some point.

#3589 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I reset the game to default, so there shouldn't be a ball save on launch. From reading other threads, it seems some TSPPs need the OCD board.

OCD can really help TSPP. I have one. Depends of course on what kind of LEDs are used.

Default on ball save is "AUTO".

setting number 38 (resized).pngsetting number 38 (resized).png
#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Default on ball save is "AUTO". [quoted image]

Wait, what?

My physical manual lists default as OFF.

#3591 5 years ago

Weird. My image was from page 57 of https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Manual.pdf

I don't have my physical manual at the moment. It and the machine are at a friend's house for a while.

#3592 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Weird. My image was from page 57 of https://www.ipdb.org/files/4674/Stern_2003_The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party_Manual.pdf
I don't have my physical manual at the moment. It and the machine are at a friend's house for a while.

Could be based on certain code. Mine is the latest code and for sure default is off.

#3593 5 years ago

Well, I've been sitting on parts for almost a year, too intimidated to start disassembling my TSPP to install a number of mods. A sticky upper playfield flipper has forced my hand, so as long as I'm into it, might as well put in all the protections I have collected. sillyoldelf Side panel art, a full set of Cliffy's, Nuclear side rails, anypin DMD NVRAM, and Tim's plastic protectors.
Wish me luck.

0915181136[1] (resized).jpg0915181136[1] (resized).jpg
#3594 5 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

sillyoldelf Side panel art, a full set of Cliffy's, Nuclear side rails, anypin DMD NVRAM, and Tim's plastic protectors.
Wish me luck.

Some of my favorite mods! You'll be fine just take your time. gl

#3595 5 years ago

Good luck! At least it looks like you have the ability to make some good popcorn while you work on this.

#3596 5 years ago

day 1 in the books. Upper play field flipper seems to be much better after blowing out the solenoid and giving it a good vacuuming. All but one of the protectors are in place, NVRAM installed, Cliffy's installed on couch ramp, ball launch and I&S kickout. Still debating whether to tear apart the last ramp to put in the final pair. Waiting for a fresh set of nerves to attack the side panel stickers. I welcome any suggestions from people that have installed them already.
Side rails and hinges in place. Also still debating leaving the red flipper buttons in place or swapping for the yellow ones that came with the rails.

0915181817[1] (resized).jpg0915181817[1] (resized).jpg0915181818[1] (resized).jpg0915181818[1] (resized).jpg0915181818b[1] (resized).jpg0915181818b[1] (resized).jpg
#3597 5 years ago

Swapping the flipper buttons for yellow is a piece of cake.

#3598 5 years ago

Installing the right ramp cliffy isn't hard as long as you have the correct tools. The left ramp was more difficult and will require a bit of time. The speaker panel sticker can stretch a bit while applying and then it won't line up with the openings. I cut mine into two pieces, left and right, and it looks perfect. The right side art blade needed trimming at the rear edge to fit properly.

#3599 5 years ago

Care to go into a little more detail D- Gottlieb? Maybe I am mistaken on the location of the last two Cliffy's (since they don't come with any sort of instructions or diagrams, not much on the web site, either) I was assuming these last two go on either side of the ramp to the immediate right of Comic Book Guy, at least that is where they looked like they fit, and there isn't any other metal around the area. I have magnetic nut drivers, what other type of special tool would be handy? It looks like they send a new post that has a top mounting hole for the left hand side, does that take something special to extract the existing one?
The flipper buttons aren't a technical challenge to replace, it's more of an aesthetic issue.

0916180733[1] (resized).jpg0916180733[1] (resized).jpg
#3600 5 years ago

Is it recommended to pull the entire play field to put in the side blade stickers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/72?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.