(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 146.
#3451 6 years ago

No Kwik-E-Mart sign? Are you kidding me?

#3452 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I have periodically had issues with the garage door drooping and cannot make the garage rampshot. I have mainly tried to keep all the surfaces clean of the mysterious black dust in these machines- but just read that some recommend a little stronger solenoid. Has this proven to be the best solution for this issue?

I replaced the plunger in mine because the original had worn a flat spot that caused the door not to operate well sometimes. Might want to try that before you do upgraded coil. Some others report sanding the end of the plunger round again too.

#3453 6 years ago

I had same issue, cleaning and straightening fixed it for me a year ago or so, works fine ever since

#3454 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I had same issue, cleaning and straightening fixed it for me a year ago or so, works fine ever since

Quoted from mavantix:

I replaced the plunger in mine because the original had worn a flat spot that caused the door not to operate well sometimes. Might want to try that

Awesome- hey thanks a lot ! I will open it today and look at the plunger.

#3455 6 years ago

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Removed the assembly and put on a new coil sleeve and just cleaned everything with alcohol and back to normal.Plunger tip showed no signs of wear. Played a nice long game to 200mill , and the planets aligned on Scratchie's Revenge- got Mystery Spot and Pretzel MBs going at the same time to win a puzzle piece for SR. Garage door was fully open every time. Many thanks.

#3456 6 years ago

Had this dream where I was playing my TSPP and noticed as I made the couch ramp that there was a true to the couch gag doorway with a Homer having smashed through it attached to the bracket above the ramps switch. I bet someone with a bit more imagination could actually make something like it, ah hem, Sparky. It looked pretty rad.

#3457 6 years ago

I moved to a new place last year, and one of the major drawbacks was the realization that although my TSPP would fit in the basement, I would need to take the head off in order to get it downstairs. I was diligent about taking pictures as I disconnected it, but nonetheless a little reluctant to go through the effort of putting it back together once it was downstairs.

I finally took the plunge last night, and it's up an running again with everything working perfectly! Not much sizzle to this story, I realize, but TSPP is only my second machine and I hadn't had to do anything nearly that involved until now. So I offer this as encouragement: Go slow, take lots of pictures, and there's no end to what you can accomplish.

#3458 6 years ago

Hey, some trouble with mine.
Left bottom flipper is not activating from time to time, often after some game, not on cold boot.
Left up flipper is still acting ok.

Any know issue ?
IRL540 is yet used for both main flippers.

I don't like these random issues, i prefer when something is broken..
Thanks

#3459 6 years ago

Does it work in diagnostic mode? Loose connection would be my first guess. Start at the solenoid. Bad diode or broken coil wire, intermittent contact?

#3460 6 years ago

works in diagnostic mode and during first minutes of play.
wires are strongly soldered. will check resistance and diode.

#3461 6 years ago

Few minutes below the playfield helped me !
Fuse was working but badly damaged, when the flipper was activating, fuse was moving..
Fixed

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Had this dream where I was playing my TSPP and noticed as I made the couch ramp that there was a true to the couch gag doorway with a Homer having smashed through it attached to the bracket above the ramps switch. I bet someone with a bit more imagination could actually make something like it, ah hem, Sparky. It looked pretty rad.

I'm not picturing what you mean

#3463 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hey, some trouble with mine.
Left bottom flipper is not activating from time to time, often after some game, not on cold boot.
Left up flipper is still acting ok.
Any know issue ?
IRL540 is yet used for both main flippers.
I don't like these random issues, i prefer when something is broken..
Thanks

Keep it simple. Clean the flipper switch stacks. These are notorious for getting flaky/dirty.

#3464 6 years ago

Be careful with the flipper switches. They are not meant to be filed or sanded. Only clean with alcohol and cardstock.

#3465 6 years ago

Issue was solved, bad fuse holder

#3466 6 years ago

A doorway similar to this. That goes atop or in front of the couch ramp on the upper pf. Like the ball is homer getting rammed through the wall by Marge. I dunno. Seems stupid now that I think about it.

Screenshot_20180420-121625_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-121625_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180420-121759_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-121759_Gallery (resized).jpg

#3467 6 years ago

A doorway similar to this. That goes atop or in front of the couch ramp on the upper pf. Like the ball is homer getting rammed through the wall by Marge. I dunno. Seems stupid now that I think about it.

Just curious...what episode or season is this from? I know I've seen it before, but most of the time, Homer just opens and passes through the door when Marge comes up the driveway.

Simpsons Garage (resized).jpgSimpsons Garage (resized).jpg

#3468 6 years ago

Seasons 11-20 or something similar, maybe it was 21 onward. I can't remember. Doh! And I thought I knew my simpsons trivia.

But something right here to cover up the hardware would be pretty slick.

Screenshot_20180420-140959_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-140959_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3469 5 years ago

Cool...

Thanks for innovating sparky.

20180422_150451 (resized).jpg20180422_150451 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3470 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can just buy the drop target decals or does anyone have them scanned ready for printing?

#3471 5 years ago

I think the best place would be eBay but I haven’t seen them Sold separately outside of the set

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Does anyone know where I can just buy the drop target decals or does anyone have them scanned ready for printing?

ebay.com link: itm

#3473 5 years ago

Thanks but I’m looking for the Ichty and Scratchy 3 drop target decals. I’m not looking for any mods or anything unoriginal to the game.

#3474 5 years ago

Thanks but I’m looking for the Ichty and Scratchy 3 drop target decals. I’m not looking for any mods or anything unoriginal to the game.

I need to check it tomorrow, maybe I have it.

#3475 5 years ago

Just picked up my machine. I love it, going to take some time getting to a high score.

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Just picked up my machine. I love it, going to take some time getting to a high score.

Congrats on getting one of the best out there.

#3477 5 years ago

Strange thing happened on mine a couple of days ago. The "auto" ball save timer decided it would be auto off; meaning the ball saver stopped working all together on auto mode. It has been playing happy with this setting for months. Without any changes or strange events, it just stopped working. Anybody have this happen before? I changed the settings to a static time and it behaves as expected.

#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Strange thing happened on mine a couple of days ago. The "auto" ball save timer decided it would be auto off; meaning the ball saver stopped working all together on auto mode. It has been playing happy with this setting for months. Without any changes or strange events, it just stopped working. Anybody have this happen before? I changed the settings to a static time and it behaves as expected.

Are your batteries dead? I believe this game defaults to that setting if the batteries die or you update the code.

#3479 5 years ago

Get those batteries outta there! Why would anyone still have batteries?

#3480 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Get those batteries outta there! Why would anyone still have batteries?

Agreed. NVRAM installs on this game in 2 minutes (or 3 minutes if you go slow). Most of the time is spent opening the game.

Why would ANYONE have batteries on this game? That MPU would cost $300-400 to replace?

#3481 5 years ago

Any european seller for nvram ??

#3482 5 years ago

hold on you vultures I installed a remote battery holder when I acquired the game. No worries there.

I don't think I was clear; the Freeze Ball setting is not being changed to "off". It is still set to "Auto". HOWEVER, it is behaving as off. This means while set to "Auto" there is no ball save during the start of any ball (multi-balls still has a ball save) This behavior popped out of nowhere after working as expected for months. My scores and settings are completely intact, so it seems unlikely to be a battery issue, correct?

I am curious how the game calculates "Auto" save times and how it can be reset.

#3483 5 years ago

You can try a factory reset and see if that clears the hiccup. You will lose all of your saved config and score data and audits, though.

#3484 5 years ago

5E295F13-1430-49E9-956E-C81009039D8B (resized).jpeg5E295F13-1430-49E9-956E-C81009039D8B (resized).jpeg
Found. Dm me!

#3485 5 years ago

Wooo hoooo... sign me up to the club. Added TSPP as my second pin, picked it up from the Allentown show on Saturday. I am in the process of cleaning the 2 year built up dirt off the play field. Going to wait until the 5.0 ROM, cliffy's, battery relocation and rubber kits get delivered before I remove the ramps and upper playfield to clean under that, and just do everything at once. Garage door opens but not all the way, so will do a good cleaning on the plunger a well.

Will wait a couple months to build up the funds for LED conversion, bus and keeping my eyes open for the Nuclear side rails to prevent flipper wear. PBL is out of stock at the moment.

Super excited and wife is getting into this one as well.

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Wooo hoooo... sign me up to the club. Added TSPP as my second pin

Congrats! One of the best Stern games!

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Wooo hoooo... sign me up to the club. Added TSPP as my second pin, picked it up from the Allentown show on Saturday. I am in the process of cleaning the 2 year built up dirt off the play field. Going to wait until the 5.0 ROM, cliffy's, battery relocation and rubber kits get delivered before I remove the ramps and upper playfield to clean under that, and just do everything at once. Garage door opens but not all the way, so will do a good cleaning on the plunger a well.
Will wait a couple months to build up the funds for LED conversion, bus and keeping my eyes open for the Nuclear side rails to prevent flipper wear. PBL is out of stock at the moment.
Super excited and wife is getting into this one as well.

Just a tip to save you time - NVRAM is plug and play on this title. Way better than remote battery holder and is cheaper in the long run. Don’t waste time moving the batteries.

#3488 5 years ago

Link to the nvram battery?

#3490 5 years ago

Just wanted to show off my new pinstadiums. Pretty slick huh?

20180428_235959 (resized).jpg20180428_235959 (resized).jpg

20180430_154624 (resized).jpg20180430_154624 (resized).jpg

#3491 5 years ago

Nice. Need Colordmd, though.

#3492 5 years ago

Glad you guys started talking about NVRAM. I was long overdue on switching my batteries and discovered one had started to leak! Didn't make it any further than the battery holder so I yanked 'em out of there and placed an order for a 6264 that should be arriving today.

But yes: As best I can tell it's a dead simple install and I just dodged a bullet.

#3493 5 years ago

It is a plug in chip. Just make sure that the pins are spaced correctly and lined up. Mine needed tweaking.

#3494 5 years ago

Thanks for the links, when I get it do I just plug it in machine off and remove the batteries. Or do I have to leave both the chip and batteries in one time before removing the batteries so I don't lose my high scores?

#3495 5 years ago

Just wanted to show off my new pinstadiums. Pretty slick huh?

Looks awesome!

I just installed Cointaker LEDs in mine, and I have been debating whether or not to get the Pin Stadium lights. Pretty tempting seeing your pics.

I’m liking the purple under and back cabinet lighting too!

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Thanks for the links, when I get it do I just plug it in machine off and remove the batteries. Or do I have to leave both the chip and batteries in one time before removing the batteries so I don't lose my high scores?

Take batteries out first. You will lose your high scores regardless (they are stored in the chip you are replacing). Stinks to lose your scores but it will never happen again.

#3497 5 years ago

Just a tip to save you time - NVRAM is plug and play on this title. Way better than remote battery holder and is cheaper in the long run. Don’t waste time moving the batteries.

Just ordered and will replace when I update to 5.0 ROM since scores (not high yet) will b erased anyway.

Question... anyone have a bulb count and size breakdown somewhere? Want to convert to Comets but mainly all frosted non ghosting white and I missed a bunch when converting my fishtails over, came up short even after ordering extra. ha

Thanks in advance.

#3498 5 years ago

Has anyone decided what the absolute best speaker upgrade for the backbox is? Brand and fitment wise.

#3499 5 years ago

Speakers won't matter very much because the quality of the audio is very low fidelity. In other words, you can't polish a turd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 45.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/70?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.