(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 146.
#3351 6 years ago

When I spoke pinsound at an expo nov 2017 they did mention somebody was considering to make an updated sound set.

So who knows?

#3352 6 years ago

I love TSPP but I agree that the sounds and moreso music are the weakest part about this game.

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

It would be awesome if the original callouts were still around somewhere in a high quality format. Without that I'm not sure how much help a PinSound board would be - the sounds in the code are highly compressed and sound awful.

According to ASOA recent sale of his awesomely jacked up TSSP, https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59443

He installed pinsound and that had an upgraded HD quality soundtrack from the community, but the only one I can find is the crappy original one.

#3354 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

According to asoa recent sale of his awesomely jacked up TSSP, https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59443
He installed pinsound and that had an upgraded HD quality soundtrack from the community, but the only one I can find is the crappy original one.

Are you sure he had a Hd soundtrack? It says an Hd audio soundboard which Pinsound is but that’s hardware. It doesn’t mean there was also a HD soundtrack is it ?

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are you sure he had a Hd soundtrack? It says an Hd audio soundboard which Pinsound is but that’s hardware. It doesn’t mean there was also a HD soundtrack is it ?

Hard to believe someone would install a pinsound board, just to only install the original sounds??

Has anyone had experience replacing music & sounds using Pinball Browser?

#3356 6 years ago

I don't know if the main issue is HW or sound compression..
If someone has a pincab with pinsound api, would be nice to compare with original sound

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hard to believe someone would install a pinsound board, just to only install the original sounds??

Pinsound still has some advantage. It is a better amplifier as original so even with same source it can slightly improve sound plus you can separately adjust cabinet and back box speakers to your liking.

But, must admit that spending this kind of cash for just the above is not something I would do. But some people have bigger wallets as others 8).

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

must admit that spending this kind of cash for just the above is not something I would do

Unless like me, your WPC95 board is bad. In this case, Pinsound revives the machine as opposed to having a $5k paperweight.

Pinsound is way more than just "original" or "improved" sound files...

#3359 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

People on Pinside mod things just for the sake of modding them sometimes. Some people spend hours modding and minutes playing and sell. I wouldn't assume that all upgrades were intended on getting maximum bang for buck with any of the people who heavily mod.

That being said I have no idea what sound files he was using.

#3360 6 years ago

What it also interesting that you cant download the Legacy sounds from the Pinsound forum. If we would have those you could open them up on a PC and listen how advantage a Pinsound board would be with Original sounds with a better soundcard.

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What it also interesting that you cant download the Legacy sounds from the Pinsound forum. If we would have those you could open them up on a PC and listen how advantage a Pinsound board would be with Original sounds with a better soundcard.

That's feasible by your own.
https://www.pinsound.org/sounds-rom-file-extraction/

#3362 6 years ago

Or download the code from Stern and open it in Pinball Browser. I did and confirmed there's no hidden higher quality audio in there.

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

According to asoa recent sale of his awesomely jacked up TSSP, https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59443

Sorry for the delayed response. Been crazy lately. No custom sounds all original however the pinsound allows me to fine tune the audio bass/ treble and power gain for back box and for subwoofer independently. Also I have the upgraded 10inch Subwoofer so it is nice to have a higher powered amplifier. Pinsound allso let's you customize your sound files. However I have not taken advantage of this feature also future updates will allow integration of a shaker motor.
They are expensive but my opinion well worth it on older titles.

Yes I do have the tendency to upgrade all of my games. Not about the money to me. Love the hobby and the sport. And yes sometimes I do lose money after I have upgraded my game and choose to sell it. However at least I know when one of my games are sold someone is getting the best version of the game without cost restrictions from the factory. Of course that is only my opinion.

#3364 6 years ago

Thought I'd try again. Has anybody seen this happen to a TSPP before or know why it happened?

9678.3gp (resized).jpg9678.3gp (resized).jpg

#3365 6 years ago

Well, I guess I can't get the video to play. The lights blink on and off and the dmd goes blank. Shut it off and the next day it was fine.

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Pinsound is way more than just "original" or "improved" sound files...

Sorry for the naive question, but could you clarify what you mean in the quote above?

I’m pretty new to some of these mods available to these machines. I had not heard of this Pinsound mod until I saw it mentioned on this thread. So I went to their website and looked it up. $369 for the board, throw in speakers and I am looking at around 500 bucks.

My question is, what am I getting for a few hundred bucks (besides “improved sound quality”)? Because, for that type of $, I would be looking for something pretty magical. For example, what improvements and general “cool stuff” could I do with my TSPP?

#3368 6 years ago

Your 500.00 will magically disappear.

Joking aside it greatly improved the sound quality of older games. Extra power and added controls for treble and bass for both back box speakers as well as the sub. Customization of speech and sound files can also be achieved with this board. Future technology updates promises shaker motor support. It's a must if you want better sound.
Hope this helps.

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Sorry for the naive question, but could you clarify what you mean in the quote above?
I’m pretty new to some of these mods available to these machines. I had not heard of this Pinsound mod until I saw it mentioned on this thread. So I went to their website and looked it up. $369 for the board, throw in speakers and I am looking at around 500 bucks.
My question is, what am I getting for a few hundred bucks (besides “improved sound quality”)? Because, for that type of $, I would be looking for something pretty magical. For example, what improvements and general “cool stuff” could I do with my TSPP?

You get the possibility to swap sounds with higher quality sounds to your liking. See for instance what kind of magic Endprodukt has done with new soundmixes for Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park. Or how you can make your GnR sound with high quality MP3 in place of the 25 yr old low quality sound.

However, if you just again use the old sounds with Pinsound I can’t justify spending USD 500. And yes, in case your original soundboard is broken beyond repair Pinsound can be a good solution as replacement.

#3370 6 years ago

Look up games like T2 and see how the pinsound board is used. For T2 you can replace the early 90's music with the music from the movie. I don't see an advantage using it on TSPP. I did look into it when I owned a T2, but decided it was to much money even for a good upgrade to that game.

#3371 6 years ago

trk12fire, I have never seen anything like that before (not that I have a ton of experience). I would probably start a new thread to ask that question. There are a lot of smart people out there that probably don't frequent this thread often.

#3372 6 years ago

Hey guys! I picked up my TSPP last week and been cleaning it. I replaced the batteries and replaced a couch switch, the one by the ball release. Now when I hit the ball up there it registers lock 1. Then I get ball 2 up there, the game recognizes the 2nd ball, lights up the flasher, and it drops ball one out the release. The light locks aren't lit up. I tapped them just in case and dropped the ball back into the couch but it still just released the ball. I did a factory reset but It still does the same thing. Any suggestions?

#3373 6 years ago

Mine has issues sometimes where you shoot one into the couch and it will say ball 2 locked. Doesn't do it all the time. All the couch switches appear to be good. No loose wires or anything. Any ideas?

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Mine has issues sometimes where you shoot one into the couch and it will say ball 2 locked. Doesn't do it all the time. All the couch switches appear to be good. No loose wires or anything. Any ideas?

I get the same thing. Switches test good too.

#3375 6 years ago

You might be getting a free ball lock from mystery awards. Sometimes i get multball with only 2 balls locked and i think thats were the 3rd came from

#3376 6 years ago

I put a pinsound in my tspp to eliminate that annoying hum and the varying sound volumes. Love it

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You might be getting a free ball lock from mystery awards. Sometimes i get multball with only 2 balls locked and i think thats were the 3rd came from

This. That what I typically see.

#3378 6 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey guys! I picked up my TSPP last week and been cleaning it. I replaced the batteries and replaced a couch switch, the one by the ball release. Now when I hit the ball up there it registers lock 1. Then I get ball 2 up there, the game recognizes the 2nd ball, lights up the flasher, and it drops ball one out the release. The light locks aren't lit up. I tapped them just in case and dropped the ball back into the couch but it still just released the ball. I did a factory reset but It still does the same thing. Any suggestions?

First thing you wanna do get those batteries outta there by either using a NVRAM chip or separate battery holder. Battery leakage is very bad.

#3379 6 years ago

I did replace the old batteries with new lithium ones

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

I did replace the old batteries with new lithium ones

Spend the $15 bucks on NVRAM (or less) and never replace a battery again.

Batteries are EVIL in these games.

#3381 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Spend the $15 bucks on NVRAM (or less).

What is this?

#3383 6 years ago

Anyone experience flipper delay on their TSPP? On both flipper presses there is a slight delay in raising them. It's intermittent but happens frequently.

#3384 6 years ago

Joining the club, just bought TSPP today from a fellow Pinsider. Looking forward to getting this game. What’s the consensus on Cliffys for this machine?

#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Joining the club, just bought TSPP today from a fellow Pinsider. Looking forward to getting this game. What’s the consensus on Cliffys for this machine?

You need them especially on the garage gap ramp.

#3386 6 years ago

Thanks, I’ll get my order in.

#3387 6 years ago

Congrats on the purchase I love this game I just bought one last week too. Second time buying it it is a really great game and it is a pretty unique layout not much out there like it. If you are a fan of the show you will love it even more

#3388 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone experience flipper delay on their TSPP? On both flipper presses there is a slight delay in raising them. It's intermittent but happens frequently.

This is most likely caused by worn switches. You may be able to offset the contacts a tiny bit by loosening the screws first, moving them laterally then re tighten. They may need to be replaced or the mechs need to be rebuilt.

#3389 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This is most likely caused by worn switches.

Ok thanks, can someone post a link to the replacements? I want to be sure to order the correct ones.

#3390 6 years ago

Just got my TSPP and was wondering if anyone else had the metal guard to the right of the shooter lane so close that the ball touches it and slows launch. I have at least a 1/4" of play side to side with PF in the cab and the wood its attached to doesn't seem modified?

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Just got my TSPP and was wondering if anyone else had the metal guard to the right of the shooter lane so close that the ball touches it and slows launch. I have at least a 1/4" of play side to side with PF in the cab and the wood its attached to doesn't seem modified?

Can you show a photo?

Sometimes launch problems are the shooter rubber being on incorrectly or the plunger not being forward enough.

#3392 6 years ago

The ball touches the metal for the length of the deepest part of the shooter, about 2 1/2"

IMG_20180224_111307470 (resized).jpgIMG_20180224_111307470 (resized).jpg

#3393 6 years ago

I think its my cliffy lifting the left side of the ball and pushing it to the right. After messing with it for a while it only drags where the cliffy is. Tough call, my TAF has chips in the wood there with no cliffy but I can't stand the under powered launch.

#3394 6 years ago

I have had several Pinsiders message me asking about the lamp stand spot light cover I added to my shop yesterday. It's listed as "Coming soon." I hope to have these ready by the end of next week, or soon after that.

The TV and treehouse continue to sell well, and based on the messages on the lamp, these seem to be generating interest, as well. I'm worried that I won't have enough for initial orders. If you're interested, send me a PM, and I will contact you before I list them publicly in my shop or the websites.

Price is $39 plus shipping (US priority is usually a little over $7. Int First Class is around $15).

Photo_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2018-02-27_07-56-49_PM (resized).png

2 weeks later
#3395 6 years ago

My TSPP arrived the other day and I’m having a problem. When the ball goes into the garage it gets “lost”. Nothing happens and then the game does a ball search and finds the ball and then all is well. This doesn’t happen all the time but it does more often than not. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
John

#3396 6 years ago

My TSPP arrived the other day and I’m having a problem. When the ball goes into the garage it gets “lost”. Nothing happens and then the game does a ball search and finds the ball and then all is well. This doesn’t happen all the time but it does more often than not. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks,
John

Check the wiring harness in the back of the game behind the garage area isnt in the way that will prevent the ball from making it to the VUK. That is the most common issue especially if the game was recently moved.

#3397 6 years ago

I'd guess the switch that is in the VUK is not working

#3398 6 years ago

Do you have the same issue when the ball goes up the left ramp? If so, I agree it would be a bad switch under the upper playfield. Those “Y” switches fail pretty regularly, but you can get them for about $10 from Pinball Life or Marco. Order a few.

#3399 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses, it probably is the Y switch as this happens from both the left ramp and the garage.

#3400 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses, it probably is the Y switch as this happens from both the left ramp and the garage.

Yep, it’s really a common problem with that switch. Adjust it and if still giving you issues just replace it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/68?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.