(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,283 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 146.
#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Is it me or does EVERY “HUO” Simpson’s have just under 300 games played? Is that just the number that the seller thinks is believable?
To the OP - a great condition version of this game top of the mark is in the $4,500 range. You should assume that the game isn’t HUO and that if the game has latest software the 300 game counter is meaningless as well. Buy only on condition.

It’s higher than that now I think, I see them going for 5200-5500. Number of plays is meaningless unless it’s on original code.

#3202 6 years ago

Yeah Id say around 5k for one in good condition.

#3203 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

nice explanation, but with the actual knowledge of my issue, EOS seems not involved :
- EOS open or closed do not modify flipper behaviour
- left flipper has EOS shunt too, and behaves normally
- putting left coil power and gnd wires on right coil did not solve the issue.
- switching left coil and right coil did not move the issue.
what remains possible ?
1) a flipper issue (the flipper is correctly fixed on the shaft)
2) a plunger issue (previous owner could have taken a different part, and coil may not be able to exert enough power on it
3) another idea ?

Hi Guy,

I ended by changing q15 and q16 and coil+diode
Issue issue solved

#3204 6 years ago

Ok all my TSPP is completely working now and the only complaint I have is the "feel" of the flippers. They hit everything they need to just fine but they still feel sort of soft compared to BW games or newer sterns or really any other modern game I have played or owned Is that just the way this game is? I had a monopoly and it felt much tighter in the flippers

#3205 6 years ago

Looking for some repair advice. DMD went completely out, with an audible noise. Rest of the game and sounds continue to function normal. Fuse F1 for the display power supply board was blown. Fuse was replaced, blew, rinse and repeat. No obvious damage to the display power supply board, but I haven’t started with the multi meter. Any ideas where to start? I am green to pinball repair so I’m sorry if this is an obvious fix.

#3206 6 years ago

Does anyone know why this screw and bushing is in the Otto lane? It's not stock is it?

20171211_201155 (resized).jpg20171211_201155 (resized).jpg

1513041260126396808754 (resized).jpg1513041260126396808754 (resized).jpg

#3207 6 years ago

Strummy I can check for you when I get home but I seriously doubt that is stock.

#3208 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does anyone know why this screw and bushing is in the Otto lane? It's not stock is it?

Stock!

#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have the same thing on mine.

#3210 6 years ago

First run, HUO. I think it keeps the ball from getting too far up when it kicks out of the saucer.

3385A0B8-0A43-4220-AAF8-8E1AED20DBEA (resized).jpeg3385A0B8-0A43-4220-AAF8-8E1AED20DBEA (resized).jpeg

#3211 6 years ago

^Thanks. I assume it must be to slow down the ball for the Otto kickout?

Another question which I've asked before. The switch right before the Otto kickout. Mine only works if I hold down manually. I'm not sure whats going on with that thing because the actual kickout registers various rewards like 2x scoring and some chalkboard rewards. The switch I'm questioning does the same thing when I hold it down.

#3212 6 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

Looking for some repair advice. DMD went completely out, with an audible noise. Rest of the game and sounds continue to function normal. Fuse F1 for the display power supply board was blown. Fuse was replaced, blew, rinse and repeat. No obvious damage to the display power supply board, but I haven’t started with the multi meter. Any ideas where to start? I am green to pinball repair so I’m sorry if this is an obvious fix.

Bump for this guys post. I’m crappy at that kind of stuff but I guarantee someone can point you in the right direction.

#3213 6 years ago

I'd pull the dmd out and lay it on the glass and try again to see if something shorted out inside the backbox as a first step.

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd pull the dmd out and lay it on the glass and try again to see if something shorted out inside the backbox as a first step.

This. You night have pinched a wire were the DMD sits in the head. It's a tight space.

#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from PSU14:

DMD went completely out, with an audible noise.

Can you elaborate on this? Was it a buzzing sound? A loud pop? See smoke/smell ozone?

#3216 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Can you elaborate on this? Was it a buzzing sound? A loud pop? See smoke/smell ozone?

IIRC it was a loud popping noise. No smoke or odor.

#3217 6 years ago

Has anyone else experienced a large increase in music volume during Alien Invasion? I was playing the game like usual and all was normal and once I enabled Alien Invasion the volume went waaaay up. After it was over the volume went back to normal.

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone else experienced a large increase in music volume during Alien Invasion? I was playing the game like usual and all was normal and once I enabled Alien Invasion the volume went waaaay up. After it was over the volume went back to normal.

I think that happened with mine. I wouldn't notice it until after alien invasion was over and I could tell the volume dropped significantly.

#3219 6 years ago

IIRC there is a setting to change this sound behaviour ?

#3220 6 years ago

Mine does this also, what is the setting to correct it?

#3221 6 years ago

It doesn't really bother me to where I need to change it because it is extremely rare for me to get to that mode, It just caught me off guard immediately and I thought...oh crap what's happening!!?? Should I shut it down!?!? Lol

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Ok all my TSPP is completely working now and the only complaint I have is the "feel" of the flippers. They hit everything they need to just fine but they still feel sort of soft compared to BW games or newer sterns or really any other modern game I have played or owned Is that just the way this game is? I had a monopoly and it felt much tighter in the flippers

Just a bump

#3223 6 years ago

Same feeling.i've got a ripley next to my tspp. Flips seems more powerful and snappy.
But, that's just a different feeling.

#3224 6 years ago

Flipper rebuild kit?

#3225 6 years ago

Mine gets louder too. I assumed it was like an attract mode thing cause you're doing well...

#3226 6 years ago

Feature adjustment 36. Allow volume effects.

#3227 6 years ago

I rebuilt all my flippers and mine feel the way you describe compared to my NIB Ghostbusters and MMr. I think it’s just how the game is. Of course I’d have to compare your game to mine to truly confirm.

#3228 6 years ago

Ya. That's my experience with other Simpson's on location. I rebuilt my flipps when I got it. It's better but still not the snap that makes a flip so fulfilling on a newer stern or old bally Williams.

#3229 6 years ago

Can you install a shaker motor on a TSPP?

#3230 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Can you install a shaker motor on a TSPP?

No; there's no software support.

#3231 6 years ago

Thank you. I thought someone said there was a way to wire it in so it would still interact with the game and make sense. Is this way not possible either or just not recommended?

#3232 6 years ago

Welp, I give up.

I've had my TSPP for 3 years now and have going through extended periods of being burned out on it - no games played for weeks if not months on end sometimes. A while back I decided that I'd get back into it, and since SDMEWM is way beyond my ability level - finally sell it once I beat my highest score. Sadly for me - I had one ridiculous outlier game that was more than double my next highest. I tried a few dozen sessions over the ensuing weeks and just never came remotely close.

Tonight I tried again for the first time in a month or so. 2nd game in and I had a good one going. Three couch multiballs (But no super jackpots.) Started mystery spot, secret stash, and daredevil mania. Too hectic to even pay attention to whether or not I finished any of them, though in the past I've been able to complete secret stash and daredevil mania now and then. Had what might have been my best Alien Invasion ever. Took it up to 5 balls three different times - once locking three of them, but unable to get the required 2 in the couch. Much like super jackpots during couch multiball - I'm just terrible at the couch shot while trying to pay attention to the main flippers.

30 or so minutes of playing and....
IMG_3101 (resized).JPGIMG_3101 (resized).JPG
Ugh. This is my 2nd best score ever. I should be happy, but that one outlier game? 299M and change. Same stock settings. I just can't do it again. It was the perfect storm of keeping the TV timer going for a long long time, combined with a lot of Otto 2x shots, and 2 times through Alien Invasion. It just seems insurmountable, and I'm rarely in the mood to even try when I know beating that score will take 30-45 minutes on one game. At least I was able to get over half of my high.

Nuts to this. It's a damn great game, but coming soon to a Craigslist near you* : One loved and simultaneously despised TSPP. It's time to take a load of pics and place the ad. Whatever I get to replace it is going to be a fast and mean bastard of a game. I want something that will kick my ass and be quick about it.

* If you live in the Twin Cities.

#3233 6 years ago

I get the idea.
A friend of mine was restting all high scores every 6 month, to avoid that feeling
299M in factory setting is really great in my point of view. I reached the 100-120M level but still in easy mode :/
Hope you'll find a good replacement.. I heard that TWD can be a good companion if you want a game that barely last 10 min

#3234 6 years ago

I really liked this game, but what you are explaining is part of the reason I sold mine. I couldn’t do the one more game thing because a good game took to long. Once sold I bought GoT.

#3235 6 years ago

got has shorter game ?
One possibilty is to open all outlanes, but drain is also frustrating..
At the end, it might just that tspp has too much to do..
Either you accept it, or not

#3236 6 years ago

Well, since I've already gotten one PM about my post - I'll make sure to mention it here in this thread if/when I do get around to listing my machine. (Probably post-Xmas just so you know.)

Some donation to pinside if sold through here, of course.

#3237 6 years ago

I enjoy playing mine, but only now and then. Games are too long, but I want to get further. Anytime I consider selling mine, I just can't. It's fun, and it's a favorite among guests. It's different than most games. It rarely has a one more feel, but the long crazy games fill the need well. I have other shorter playing games for the one more feel if that's what I'm in the mood for. I would like get a lotr, but I'm concerned I would play it once in awhile for the same reasons. Tspp is a great game, and is great for providing a different style of game play compared to what most current games offer.

#3238 6 years ago

Hi all. I am a recent TSPP owner and can use some help. The “Y” switch by the VUK under the mini playfield was not registering consistently so I tried to solder on a new one along with a new diode. It worked fine for a few tries and then nothing. The VUK pushes the ball up after ball search, but the switch just stopped registering entirely. Because I am a soldering noob, I tried it a second time with a new switch and diode but same thing: works for a minute or two and then dies. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks very much.

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I am a recent TSPP owner and can use some help. The “Y” switch by the VUK under the mini playfield was not registering consistently so I tried to solder on a new one along with a new diode. It worked fine for a few tries and then nothing. The VUK pushes the ball up after ball search, but the switch just stopped registering entirely. Because I am a soldering noob, I tried it a second time with a new switch and diode but same thing: works for a minute or two and then dies. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks very much.

Is the diode oriented correctly?

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is the diode oriented correctly?

I’m pretty sure it is. The gray side of the small plastic piece is pointed towards the lug spaced farthest from the others, just like the original switch. The metal contacts are soldered on the lugs at either end—just like the factory switch. I thought maybe there was a short somewhere, but adding electrical tape to exposed areas didn’t seem to help. Other ideas welcome!

#3241 6 years ago

Has anyone tried Pinsound board inside of the TSPP. I just ordered one. Also ordered Flipper Fidelity upgraded speaker kit with the 10 inch sub. Any feedback on the sound improvements this will make to the game. Also they said pinsound board in the near future would have the capabilities to incorporate a Shaker motor support to the game. Any thoughts?

#3242 6 years ago

I connected my TSPP to an external sub and was very happy with the results. Not quite sure what improvements are going to be heard with upgraded backbox speakers. The audio on TSPP suffers from pretty lossy compression, and better speakers aren't going to change that. Very curious to see what could be done with a Pinsound board, though!

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. Need your advice. Ive been presented with the opportunity for two pins. Afmr classic purchased new with color dmd upgrade, and a tspp, color.dmd. both are minty and at very fair prices. Ive heard great things about both. Love to hear your input. Thanks all

That’s a real conundrum there. I have both machines (and only those two). I love TSPP because of the theme (huge fan:see username) and the game play. TSPP is good for involved complex rules that will take a while to learn and master. AFMr is great for what I call “fast games”. The theme is fun and the rules are moderate. In my opinion, one could master the rules of AFMr in the same amount of time it takes one to realized they don’t know half of the rules/features of TSPP. IMO anyone could walk up to AFM for the first time and figure out most of the rules in 1-3 games.

I know it’s not always feasible (it took me 4 years), but get both if you can. If you can’t and you still want an AFMr, get it first so you can get an LE while they are still available. TSPP’s will be available for some time to come.

Whichever you pickup, you won’t be disappointed.

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Just bought the Kwik-E-Mart decal and was wondering if most people install this over the existing decal, or remove the existing decal and install them new one?
If you remove the original decal what have you found to be the easiest way (ie least messy)?

I removed mine by just peeling it off. Do it slowing and it should come up easy and clean.

#3245 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I recommend testing the switch when it isn’t installed to see if the wiring is solid before you put it back together. This will help you eliminate a wiring issue versus a physical issue (ie ball not triggering switch).

Access the switch physically and then put game in test mode. See how switch works. Be careful not to short anything when the game is on.

#3246 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That happened to mine the first time I replaced the Y switch and found out I made a cold solder joint. It worked fine after reheating it and securing the connection.

#3247 6 years ago

I have a LED OCD question: Has anybody tried the Gizmo board option? Happy with the results?

For those that went LED OCD, did you do much customizing or just standard settings?

I'm a new TSPP owner and the low blinking LEDs seems like it needs fixed. Thanks for any feedback!

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

I have a LED OCD question: Has anybody tried the Gizmo board option? Happy with the results?
For those that went LED OCD, did you do much customizing or just standard settings?
I'm a new TSPP owner and the low blinking LEDs seems like it needs fixed. Thanks for any feedback!

I did not get the gizmo board. I did get the LED OCD board for my TSPP and it looks plenty good on just the default settings. No need to adjust in my opinion.

#3249 6 years ago

I also got the standard LED OCD. Game had LEDs from before my purchase. LED OCD made it look great. Nice fading in and out. I never changed any settings.

#3250 6 years ago

Same here, though I also got the Gizmo board. The LED OCD (on standard settings) is great, but I really didn’t see any difference with the Gizmo added. Maybe TSPP just doesn’t need it, or maybe my eyes aren’t that sensitive. I’d suggest saving the $50.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 45.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/65?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.