(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 146.
#3101 6 years ago

Tore down the top, cleaned and added LEDs. I'm considering led ocd for this one. Any input on led ocd advantages on this particular game?

20171119_161235 (resized).jpg20171119_161235 (resized).jpg
20171119_161232 (resized).jpg20171119_161232 (resized).jpg
20171119_161229 (resized).jpg20171119_161229 (resized).jpg

#3102 6 years ago

Well the LEDs the previous owner of mine put in ghost and flicker very badly so there's that. Mostly the lower half of the playfield. Ordering and installing comets is on my to do list.

#3103 6 years ago

Installed a pin2dmd in my TSPP and it looks awesome ( got the files from previous poster who colored the frames.... great job).
Had quite a few issues with ball movements ( be kind ) under the mini playfield. Ball rarely reached the up-kick and when it did it mostly failed to sense.
Replaced u-switch (for the 3rd time... crap switches) with a self formed hoop switch and this part working very well. Ball binding caused by several factors.
1. wiring loom drooping down and ball rubbing on it as it passed through.. well tried to anyway.. easily sorted.

thought a-ha... done... not so fast.

2. subway switch, just behind garage door not allowing full movement in relation to micro-switch lever causing it to slow ball and in most cases stop it.
so changed the lever/actuator interaction to allow gate to swing fully up allowing ball to pass through either way depending on speed.
no further issues and I am enjoying getting back to this deep masterpiece of Stern code completion.

#3104 6 years ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

Installed a pin2dmd in my TSPP and it looks awesome ( got the files from previous poster who colored the frames.... great job).

Very cool. Just out of curiousity, do you have display ROM 5.0 in your machine? I'm still on 4.0 and the colored frames aren't working quite right but I have a new set of ROMs on the way so I'm not sweating it until they're installed.

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Tore down the top, cleaned and added LEDs. I'm considering led ocd for this one. Any input on led ocd advantages on this particular game?

My game ghosted like crazy until I installed the LED OCD board. I highly recommend it. It really smooths out the fading effects and took away all my ghosting problems.

#3106 6 years ago

Hello all. Need your advice. Ive been presented with the opportunity for two pins. Afmr classic purchased new with color dmd upgrade, and a tspp, color.dmd. both are minty and at very fair prices. Ive heard great things about both. Love to hear your input. Thanks all

#3107 6 years ago

I tried to install random leds in the inserts and they ghosted like crazy. I put in nonghosting bulbs and have 0 issues now. I'm curious about the fade effect that led ocd will give.

I have an issue with the rollover switch in the Otto lane. It rarely registers. I'm not exactly sure what that switch actually does

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I tried to install random leds in the inserts and they ghosted like crazy. I put in nonghosting bulbs and have 0 issues now. I'm curious about the fade effect that led ocd will give.
I have an issue with the rollover switch in the Otto lane. It rarely registers. I'm not exactly sure what that switch actually does

Same here. I used cointaker ng bulbs and have no issues and no OCD board. I did have issues in lotr, however, and needed OCD board.

#3109 6 years ago

Hey guys, So I'm running into issues where my GI flickers every time I use my right flipper on my TSPP. Have any of you had those problems on yours since you converted it to LEDs? I have the LEDOCD board in it which has improved all the inserts and such but not the GI. What is really strange is my overhead room light also flickers so something weird is going on. Any thoughts? Game is plugged directly into the wall socket.

#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. Need your advice. Ive been presented with the opportunity for two pins. Afmr classic purchased new with color dmd upgrade, and a tspp, color.dmd. both are minty and at very fair prices. Ive heard great things about both. Love to hear your input. Thanks all

Both!!

If both isn't an option for you, my biased vote is for TSPP. IMHO a deeper game that offers more variety for the long-term. But wow you have a tough choice here. Really I don't think you can go wrong or be disappointed either way. Good luck!

#3111 6 years ago

Tea Ess Pea Pee!!!!!!!!!!

#3112 6 years ago

I have AFM and TSPP. Both great but play very different. If I had to pick slight lean to AFM but any given day that could change.

#3113 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Very cool. Just out of curiousity, do you have display ROM 5.0 in your machine? I'm still on 4.0 and the colored frames aren't working quite right but I have a new set of ROMs on the way so I'm not sweating it until they're installed.

Upgraded from V4.0 game and display rom to V5.0 (for both). Sorry didn't try pin2dmd with V4.0 as I guessed the key frame differences might be an issue at times. Also updated pin2dmd to latest Vers. think it's up to v2.47.

I think you are on the right track.

#3114 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Have both machines, playing the TSPP a lot more ( but I only recently got it back after on loan for 8 months ), play my MM way more than either of the others though..

#3115 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Used regular LEDs in mine and they ghosted as well. Installed the LED OCD mainly for the fade effect and everything looks really good. It is way easier to install and probably slightly more expensive then buying all new non-ghosting LEDs.

The Otto lane switch is really important as it starts 2x scoring for various switches. Once all the 2x scoring inserts are lit, hit the Otto lane switch again to start Mystery Multiball. The Otto lane switch can really drive up the points if you get a couple of 2x inserts running and start Couch Multiball.

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

The Otto lane switch is really important as it starts 2x scoring for various switches. Once all the 2x scoring inserts are lit, hit the Otto lane switch again to start Mystery Multiball. The Otto lane switch can really drive up the points if you get a couple of 2x inserts running and start Couch Multiball.

Thanks

#3117 6 years ago

When I decide to get rid of my GOTG, I'm hoping to join this club. This game is so great.

#3118 6 years ago

Any body have problems with there led tv, my yellows work right but red and greens are screwed up in test mode.

#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

When I decide to get rid of my GOTG, I'm hoping to join this club. This game is so great.

Sincerely hope to see you in the club someday!
A Waspinator TSPP stream would be awesome.

#3120 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game ghosted like crazy until I installed the LED OCD board. I highly recommend it. It really smooths out the fading effects and took away all my ghosting problems.

Does your GI flicker at all when you use your Flippers? I put an LEDOCD board in mine which really helped the inserts but I did not use NG bulbs and my GI flickers when I activate my flippers.

#3121 6 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Does your GI flicker at all when you use your Flippers? I put an LEDOCD board in mine which really helped the inserts but I did not use NG bulbs and my GI flickers when I activate my flippers.

My GI does dim a tiny bit when I hit the flippers but not enough to warrant tracking down a way to stop it from happening. I'm probably the only person that even notices it and I have to be actually looking closely to see it.

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I think you will really enjoy TSPP. You definitely play the crap out of your games. There is a lot of value to be found in the depth of TSPP.

I love mine. Spent nearly 18 months looking for it and nearly 1 year cleaning it up and rebuilding it. I still have a few things to make mine perfect. Lately I’ve been neglecting it (I recently got MMr and a week later a family member had a medical emergency which tied me up) but hope to put some hours on it this weekend!

#3123 6 years ago

My Otto lane switch has issues. When I activate it, it takes a half a second to register. So when a ball rolls along side it, it doesn't register at all. Any ideas on why it does this?

#3124 6 years ago

While I was playing TSPP last night all of the sudden one of the pop bumpers started to fire occasionally when hitting the flippers. some times it would fire once, other times it would rapid fire. Anyone know where I should start to rectify this?

#3125 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

While I was playing TSPP last night all of the sudden one of the pop bumpers started to fire occasionally when hitting the flippers. some times it would fire once, other times it would rapid fire. Anyone know where I should start to rectify this?

Sounds like a Switch which needs adjusting. The vibration caused by your flippers is closing the switch and thus popbumper is fired

#3126 6 years ago

New topper and art blades.

AB39CFBE-4223-4C1E-A991-630FC32BE963 (resized).jpegAB39CFBE-4223-4C1E-A991-630FC32BE963 (resized).jpeg

2A9D0694-D41E-4A38-B119-BE65CB28F207 (resized).jpeg2A9D0694-D41E-4A38-B119-BE65CB28F207 (resized).jpeg

39EC20A3-8C29-42BB-8419-21A48A21ABB6 (resized).jpeg39EC20A3-8C29-42BB-8419-21A48A21ABB6 (resized).jpeg

#3127 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

New topper and art blades.

Those both look great!! Sources?

#3128 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Those both look great!! Sources?

topper selling here - http://www.tilttopper.com/
Blades available here - ebay.com link: itm

#3129 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

topper selling here - http://www.tilttopper.com/
Blades available here - ebay.com link

The word "Dungeon" is misspelled "Dangeon"

Should be "Android's Dungeon"

RussM

#3130 6 years ago

I noticed last week that several times during a game, the display would change to "* STERN PINBALL *, SIMPSON'S PINBALL PARTY, DISPLAY VERSION A5.00", but the game continued to play fine. Now that message is all always on the display, but otherwise the game plays like normal. I would appreciate any guidance on how to diagnose this issue. I have tried re-seating connectors but it did not have any effect.

Thanks

#3131 6 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

The word "Dungeon" is misspelled "Dangeon"
Should be "Android's Dungeon"
RussM

Yes unfortunately, these are the blades I have. Mis-spelling aside, the quality is really good on these

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I noticed last week that several times during a game, the display would change to "* STERN PINBALL *, SIMPSON'S PINBALL PARTY, DISPLAY VERSION A5.00", but the game continued to play fine. Now that message is all always on the display, but otherwise the game plays like normal. I would appreciate any guidance on how to diagnose this issue. I have tried re-seating connectors but it did not have any effect.
Thanks

Sounds like power to your dmd is flaky. Reseat all the cables and make sure display rom is seated properly.

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like power to your dmd is flaky. Reseat all the cables and make sure display rom is seated properly.

I disagree, power sounds fine as does the rom since it is doing exactly what it's designed to do. It is now waiting for data from the cpu board. Check your ribbon cable between you cpu and display pcb. Check for corrosion on your cpu pcb under the batteries. even reverse/rotate the dmd data cable ( must do both ends ), this will use different wires in the cable and possibly change the symptoms..

Good luck.

#3134 6 years ago

Thanks for your help, but I am going to call one of our local pinball techs to take a look. The display issue has expanded to now the pin dings once and goes dark when I turn it on. Spoke to Stern briefly and it looks like the issue is on the CPU board.

#3135 6 years ago

So I had the flipper dying issue a couple times yesterday. Once they just stopped working and the other they fluttered then died. I got pics of the TV when it happened. Again the machine took 2 minutes to recover and put a ball in the shooter lane. The DMD and start button were normal but the TV was not. Pics attached.

Any ideas?

09E77F18-B77B-490A-8FA4-2B4809FA01F0 (resized).jpeg09E77F18-B77B-490A-8FA4-2B4809FA01F0 (resized).jpeg

412B38C7-D4A0-4D43-AA8B-35BE3EC97205 (resized).jpeg412B38C7-D4A0-4D43-AA8B-35BE3EC97205 (resized).jpeg

#3136 6 years ago

Someone trade me your tspp!

#3137 6 years ago

Question: When we hit the garage door sometimes it does not go up, hit it again then it opens. Is this the rules of the game or wear/fade on the door components? I also noticed it will only sometime go up 3/4 of the way.
Tried searching for this topic already so apologies if this is an old question.

#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Someone trade me your tspp!

No!

#3139 6 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Question: When we hit the garage door sometimes it does not go up, hit it again then it opens. Is this the rules of the game or wear/fade on the door components? I also noticed it will only sometime go up 3/4 of the way.

The door should always open when you hit it. It should also always open fully. Only opening partially is a common thing though. I'm sure there are many factors but initially the fix for me was replacing the lever that holds it open...it had become very subtly worn down.

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

For me, it just needed cleaning and a little straightening

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Mine was also worn down, but I changed the coil to the upgraded one. I can't remember the coil number right now, but it is in this sea of a thread. Very easy to do and it works strong every time now. I'll try to find the coil number for you.

Edit: I believe the new coil is 24-940. Double check that with the Stern Tech Notice that went out for this issue, but that's what I wrote in this thread when I replaced mine.

#3143 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I believe the new coil is 24-940.

Wow... that new coil sounds like magic!! (said in my best Homer voice)

giphy-tumblr.gifgiphy-tumblr.gif

#3144 6 years ago

Hey guys, I know I've asked this before but still haven't found a solution. Has anyone had issues with their GI dimming every time they use their right flipper now that they've converted to LEDs? I've tested just about everything I can and yet they not only dim but my overhead light in the room also dims when I use the flippers. I know that 3 flipper coils on the right uses a lot of power but do people feel this is a transformer issue or a Power IO board issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#3145 6 years ago

If the room lights are dimming then, a) your house wiring needs to be checked, or, b) there are wayyyy too many amps being drawn when the flippers operate.

#3146 6 years ago

Are you sure your overhead light dim to? It can’t be that the pinball draws so much power without a fuse blowing that you ceiling lights dim to.

Converted to 115VAC the current a flipper draws is neglible. Heck, a whole pin draws approx 300W and yours less because it’s ledded. Must power goes to the bulbs.

If your room is sensitive for this kind of power drain, yep, check house wiring befor it sets on fire ..... hook up an electric heater to the same wall outlet as the pin and see what happens. A heater draws way much more power as a pinball

#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If the room lights are dimming then, a) your house wiring needs to be checked, or, b) there are wayyyy too many amps being drawn when the flippers operate.

Quoted from Rensh:

Are you sure your overhead light dim to? It can’t be that the pinball draws so much power without a fuse blowing that you ceiling lights dim to.
Converted to 115VAC the current a flipper draws is neglible. Heck, a whole pin draws approx 300W and yours less because it’s ledded. Must power goes to the bulbs.
If your room is sensitive for this kind of power drain, yep, check house wiring befor it sets on fire ..... hook up an electric heater to the same wall outlet as the pin and see what happens. A heater draws way much more power as a pinball

Hey guys,

So I have the pinball machine in my office which has multiple computers running. I'm probably overloading the circuit. If I use an extension cord and plug the machine in on a different circuit then the overhead light no longer dims when I flip the flippers. The game GI dims every time I flip either flipper. It dims more with the right flipper than the left flipper.

I've checked my outlets using an outlet tester and all of them show that they are correct.

What would be causing my machine to draw more amps then it should be? Any ideas on things I can measure/test?

-Joel

#3148 6 years ago

I keep one of these in my toolbox for monitoring power draw or simply satisfying my curiosity:

http://www.p3international.com/products/energy-savers.html

I was genuinely surprised how little electricity modern pins take. I think last I checked it was between $3-6 per machine on my monthly bill if they're left on all the time.

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I keep one of these in my toolbox for monitoring power draw or simply satisfying my curiosity:
http://www.p3international.com/products/energy-savers.html
I was genuinely surprised how little electricity modern pins take. I think last I checked it was between $3-6 per machine on my monthly bill if they're left on all the time.

Is there a tool that will show me the immediate power draw at any given time. That way I could see how that is changing based on my flipper presses. I just don't know enough about the electronics to understand what component would be effecting the GI dimming and what I should be testing. Is it my house wiring? I don't think it is but it doesn't seem like others are having this type of issue with their TSPP. If it isn't my house then what component within the machine would cause this type of dimming not only within the machine but also outside of the machine?

#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Is there a tool that will show me the immediate power draw at any given time. That way I could see how that is changing based on my flipper presses.

That's exactly what the Kill-A-Watt does - it shows you immediate draw as well as historical usage. I think I have the P4400 model, they go on sale for around $12 but can always be found under $20.

I honestly don't know what could be causing the phenomena you described but it makes me wonder if the power board doesn't have a problem developing, maybe a rectifier getting ready to give up the blue smoke or something. The room light dimming is a head scratcher for sure though, I'd pick up a six-pack of your electrician's favorite beer if I were you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 45.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/63?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.