(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,278 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 146.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

well, to me woz and tspp are very similar (i mean, duh, same coders
I do think TSPP is a very nice looking pin in general. It's hard to believe it's as old as it is now, but it has stood the test of time, and it definitely has a ''classic'' feel compared to the newer sterns ... It could be one of the greatest pins ever? ..possibly.

I agree, I think TSPP is one of the greatest pins ever. I'm surprised it's not higher on the pinside charts.

#252 10 years ago

Like I mentioned before though, it has not gone to where SM and LOTR prices have. I mean yes, a true HUO TSPP seems to fetch some decent coin in the 4k range, but so does a routed SM or LOTR. A routed TSPP however (equally as good), can be had/found for 3k range. I'm not sure why that is, but for the meantime, that works well for buyers

#253 10 years ago

I think the reason on price is just that they made so many. I've heard estimates putting it around 7,000 so that means there are quite a few to go around. I think that if they had only made 2,000 or so the price would be much higher. Just take a look at how often you see one for sale compared to SM or LOTR. If they hadn't made so many it would be in MB / AFM range pricewise in my opinion.

#254 10 years ago

I'll be getting mine in the next few days

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I think the reason on price is just that they made so many. I've heard estimates putting it around 7,000 so that means there are quite a few to go around. I think that if they had only made 2,000 or so the price would be much higher. Just take a look at how often you see one for sale compared to SM or LOTR. If they hadn't made so many it would be in MB / AFM range pricewise in my opinion.

This could be true, yes. There does seem to be a lot of them. I thought that LOTR had a pretty decent/large run, no? Sm I've heard is around a run of 3,000- 3500
It will be interesting to see in several more years with lower production runs, if any of these Stern greats escalate in price.

#256 10 years ago

Count me in the club! Just picked up my TSPP. Solid buy and VERY clean. Love this game!

#257 10 years ago

Anyone shop out their machine with white rubber instead of black? I'm curious to know what it looks like, and theoretically it should contribute to the machine remaining cleaner longer right?

#258 10 years ago

I swapped all of the black rubber for red, definitely makes it look cleaner and fits in with the playfield surprisingly well.

#259 10 years ago

WJxxxx - Any chance we can see Pic's of the red rubber . I installed the red Super-bands and I like the look but the play not so much .

#260 10 years ago

My uncle put white rubber's on his tspp, I think it looks bad and he agreed after he put them on... The cartoon has black borders outlining everything, white doesn't look right IMO...

#261 10 years ago

Finally able to join

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/kawasakizx636/IMG_0965_zpscc459be5.jpg

I'm noticing something while playing. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. When putting the ball in the garage, it sometimes just sits there for about 20 seconds, the game makes a lot of noise like the ball is missing and it'll usually run down a countdown bonus on the dmd "shoot kwik-e mart" before finally kicking the ball back onto the playfield., so i don't get a chance to get the bonus.

Had a bunch of very quick games, and then a decent 55 million 5 ball multiball is great. I love this machine.

Edit: I fooled around with the Y by the switch in the VUK and all seems fine.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

WJxxxx - Any chance we can see Pic's of the red rubber . I installed the red Super-bands and I like the look but the play not so much .

Will try and get a couple of pics uploaded over the next couple of days. I did actually take a closer look when I got home and noticed that most of the plastics are trimmed/outlined in red/pink. I think is the main reason that the red rubbers fit in so well.

#263 10 years ago

The game i picked up, has red rubbers on the flippers, red long sleeves, black short sleeves, and white rubbers on everything else. I find it looks great. I'm gonna be adding new rubber soon, and i'm gonna stick with the same colors.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Had a bunch of very quick games, and then a decent 55 million 5 ball multiball is great. I love this machine.

Have you made it to mystery spot yet or pretzel multiball. Those are doozies. Stacking multiballs is one of the best features - you can almost have multiball going all the time. Get doh frenzy going too. What a blast.

I replaced all the flipper rubbers with super bands and I find they work well in Simpsons. The only game I don't like super bands is transformers - creates way too much ball spin on mine. Also did the back box lighting with led kit which is nice. The theme is very mod friendly and it looks cool when it is all dressed up. Pick up one of the alien sets off ebay - they make great toppers.

#265 10 years ago

Anyone's couch ball release coil ever buzz a bit?

I have replaced the coil and sleeve.

Also I swear this game gets weak flippers during long games like lotr but maybe that's my mind messing with me.

#266 10 years ago

Anyone ever have the issue of losing all the lights on a complete column? I have no lights on anything from Column 1...

Left out extra ball - Spay anything - Left pop bumper - CBG skill shot - Left ramp arrow - Mini loop arrow - Right loop arrow - Homer - Living room 2x scoring -Duffman.

I went through all the wires and everything seems good, so i was told by the Tech at stern, that U17 could be bad, when i was looking for that on the I/O board, i noticed a burnt out resistor right beside U17. Could it be that U17 is bad and it's causing the resistor to burn out? Or should i just have to change the resistor?

Edit: Here's a picture of the burnt resistor. Is there a way to test the VN02N "U17"
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/kawasakizx636/IMG_0968_zps12a07726.jpg

Edit: I just installed a new resistor and it still doesn't work. I ordered a cpl vn02n, hopefully that'll be the cure.

#267 10 years ago

Is there an error in the service manual? Page 129. I'm looking at changing the resistor, which i've tried yesterday with the exact same resistor that are on there now. I used my multi meter and also read the color bands on the resistor and it's showing a 4.7k resistor. But in the book, it says 47k, which should have a orange band as the multiplier "1000", but these have a black band (1).

Edit: I just got off the phone with Chaz at Stern and he confirmed that there's an error in the manual and that his shows 47 and not 47k.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from CDogster:

I agree, I think TSPP is one of the greatest pins ever. I'm surprised it's not higher on the pinside charts.

It's easily a top 5 game in my book.

1 month later
#269 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

// Error: Image 199022 not found //// Error: Image 199022 not found //TSPP2.jpgTSPP2.jpgTSPP3.jpgTSPP3.jpgTSPP4.jpgTSPP4.jpg

Along with the side decals from SllyOldElf

TSPP1-561.jpgTSPP1-561.jpg
#270 10 years ago

Just joined the club on Feb 9, 2014 and am having a blast. Just wish the Treehouse of Horror modes were actually based off of Treehouse of Horror episodes. Anyone else find this weird and a wasted opportunity?

#271 10 years ago

No, I love the treehouse modes as is, never completed nuclear disaster and Apus giveaway is pretty funny.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No, I love the treehouse modes as is, never completed nuclear disaster and Apus giveaway is pretty funny.

But it's called Treehouse of Horror, yet there's nothing Treehouse of Horror about any of the modes.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

But it's called Treehouse of Horror, yet there's nothing Treehouse of Horror about any of the modes.

True. Good point, Kingoftron, but I think I'll still have to give it an A+++. Those modes ARE cool. You found the ONE THING that's not a perfect meld of theme, gameplay, etc.

#274 10 years ago

I had nuclear disaster going during a multiball CERTAIN I would finally finish it... was getting close and some evil curse drained everything with 2 hits remaining to finish AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

I had nuclear disaster going during a multiball CERTAIN I would finally finish it... was getting close and some evil curse drained everything with 2 hits remaining to finish AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

I KNOW! Been able to finish almost everything -- not in the same game of course. But for some reason, Nuclear Disaster keeps escaping me!!! ARRGGHHH indeed!

#276 10 years ago

Is the nuclear disaster you guys are talking about the mode where you have to lock 2 balls, then 3, then 4 etc??
Or is it a different mode? If so how do you start it... haven't played mine in a while. thx

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Along with the side decals from SllyOldElf

I recognise those decals gonna have to do rubbers on mine now.

#278 10 years ago

Add me to the group.

I've had my TSPP for 3 years now.

It'll never leave my collection.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is the nuclear disaster you guys are talking about the mode where you have to lock 2 balls, then 3, then 4 etc??
Or is it a different mode? If so how do you start it... haven't played mine in a while. thx

No, the mode you are talking about is "Alien Invasion". The nuclear disaster is a Treehouse of Horror mode. You need to keep shooting the right ramp "Moe's" until you light up Treehouse of Horror, then you need to go up the left ramp to start a mode, there are a few different modes, but nuclear disaster is one of them. Once you start nuclear disaster, i believe you need to hit the bumpers 50 times before the timer ends.

#280 10 years ago

I am joining this group today. Found one locally from a non-collector at a bargain. Machine appears to be HUO and is in dirty, but in otherwise pristine condition from what I can see.

#281 10 years ago

TSPP is SO easy to shop. That mini comes of really easy, a few connectors and 3 thumb screws. All the ramps are straightforward. As a new owner, order 2 or 3 of these with your next pinball life order:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=197

Just leave them in your cab, you WILL need them.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I am joining this group today. Found one locally from a non-collector at a bargain. Machine appears to be HUO and is in dirty, but in otherwise pristine condition from what I can see.

#282 10 years ago

i just placed an order and I did order four of these Y VUK switches

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

TSPP is SO easy to shop. That mini comes of really easy, a few connectors and 3 thumb screws. All the ramps are straightforward. As a new owner, order 2 or 3 of these with your next pinball life order:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=197
Just leave them in your cab, you WILL need them.

Thanks for the link, i just had to bend mine up a bit to keep it working and was going to have to look this up so i could order some.

#284 10 years ago

Once the switch starts failing and you have to bend it, it's day are numbered. My last one lasted about 2 weeks once I had to adjust it.

However, the new switch I had to bend, but that seems to be going the distance. Once they start failing though....

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Thanks for the link, i just had to bend mine up a bit to keep it working and was going to have to look this up so i could order some.

#285 10 years ago

I noticed on my friend's TSPP the machine was having the same "issue" as mine with the qwik-e mart rollover switch not registering on fast shots (which is most frustrating during a hurry up). A slow shot will register I've messed with bending the switch angle I might just replace it does anyone else have that problem?

#286 10 years ago

Mine also does that at the qwik-e mart on fast shots Not always, but it does happen.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Mine also does that at the qwik-e mart on fast shots Not always, but it does happen.

Ditto here.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

No, the mode you are talking about is "Alien Invasion". The nuclear disaster is a Treehouse of Horror mode. You need to keep shooting the right ramp "Moe's" until you light up Treehouse of Horror, then you need to go up the left ramp to start a mode, there are a few different modes, but nuclear disaster is one of them. Once you start nuclear disaster, i believe you need to hit the bumpers 50 times before the timer ends.

Awesome thx! I forgot the treehouse had it's own things happening. I thought hitting Moe's was just good for an extra ball

#289 10 years ago

To those who have installed the Moe's Tavern mod (the full bar toy cut down) in the back right corner of the playfield ... where and what LED's did you add and where/how did you wire them?? Tips appreciated as I attempt to fit my own mod in this weekend.

#290 10 years ago

I love stacking the Crazy Extra Ball treehouse award with multiballs. really fun Shatzing the shit out of the inlanes to catch the awards. Scratchy's Revenge is my nemesis for SDMEWM. TSPP is a pinball masterpiece.

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

To those who have installed the Moe's Tavern mod (the full bar toy cut down) in the back right corner of the playfield ... where and what LED's did you add and where/how did you wire them?? Tips appreciated as I attempt to fit my own mod in this weekend.

I put flexi LEDs red over it to give it some atmosphereimage.jpgimage.jpg

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I put flexi LEDs red over it to give it some atmosphere

image.jpg 162 KB

Now that is awesome and something I must do

#293 10 years ago

Just picked a huo game but having trouble making the left ramp consistently. Anyone else find that shot really difficult ?
Great game. Can't believe how many modes there are
Njg

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I put flexi LEDs red over it to give it some atmosphere

image.jpg 162 KB

And the light above the phone? Love it. Very cool. But where did you hook those lights into for power? What supplier (for the LED's do you prefer?) Thanks!

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from njg:

Just picked a huo game but having trouble making the left ramp consistently. Anyone else find that shot really difficult ?
Great game. Can't believe how many modes there are
Njg

You mean the treehouse shot? It's the toughest shot in the game. Much easier to make the penguin loop in RBION

#296 10 years ago

I think the treehouse shot is one of the hardest shots in pinball. It helps if you have a nice strong flipper. Actually, HUO or not, I'd rebuild them all.

Quoted from Lermods:

You mean the treehouse shot? It's the toughest shot in the game. Much easier to make the penguin loop in RBION

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think the treehouse shot is one of the hardest shots in pinball.

I agree, hard to master. It's a quick snap flipper shot similar to the couch. I think it's easier for me to make when it's a fast shot through the cooling towers around the orbit. Thats a good shot to master too. speeds up the game and you collect more cletus kids.

#298 10 years ago

I've noticed today that when i sometimes go up the treehouse, it comes out by the towers. I thought it was only suppose to do that when you do a weak shot in the garage. Is there a gap or something just like in the garage? I'm confused why this is happening.

I'm going to remove the upper playfield tomorrow to have a look.

#299 10 years ago

If you don't have the cliffy that goes on the garage door ramp, you might want to order that and wait to pull the mini until you have it.

If your ramp isn't broken, I would get the cliffy on it ASAP.

Quoted from domijr:

I'm going to remove the upper playfield tomorrow to have a look.

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you don't have the cliffy that goes on the garage door ramp, you might want to order that and wait to pull the mini until you have it.
If your ramp isn't broken, I would get the cliffy on it ASAP.

Thanks, i'll take a look once it's off. I highly doubt there's a cliffy on it. Garage never gives me any issues, but i see many people breaking the ramp. I'm curious on the treehouse, i'm wondering if maybe the ramp could be broken, or why some shots do not go to the VUK. I guess i'll know soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.